Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get from there to Gold in 13 months in an open world game would be quite an accomplishment.

Saints Row 3 took 3 years to develop and had tech built from scratch.

GTA 5 took 3 years of full time development after pre-production.

If Cyberpunk 2077 is delayed to 2020 it would not be because of content, but technical issues/system reworks.

last year they said the whole game is playable from start to end. its done.
True. But a game is also playable without tons of inventar from many of the buildings and rooms. It must be a HUGE CHALLENGE create inventar in all those rooms / apartments.
I did not know how many languages already done.. Maybe only english done and ingame ? Implement all other announce languages takes time.

Playable from start to finish means in my opinion NOTHING..

several languages are already confirmed and of course we'll have most of them at launch, it's not like 100% of the people in the world can speak english and even the ones who can, not necesserely want or are good enough at it to play a game in english, in particular if it has all that slang.

Translation and voice over are usually done at the end of development, of course, since they're expansive and need to be done only once all the writing is definitive.

Don't have the full list, but some were added recently.

Don't have the full list, but some were added recently.
I believe the game currently is stated to feature fully voice acted Polish, English, German, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese versions and subs for Italian, Latin American Spanish, Hungarian, Czech, Traditional Chinese and Arabic versions at launch, however the list is still not final and more languages might be included before release.

I believe the game currently is stated to feature fully voice acted Polish, English, German, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese versions and subs for Italian, Latin American Spanish, Hungarian, Czech, Traditional Chinese and Arabic versions at launch, however the list is still not final and more languages might be included before release.
that's the old list, I know they added italian VO for example.

13 months is not a small amount of time for a game thats adding side content.
Adding side content and assets plus polishing the entire open world environment (which was one of the main reason TW3 got delayed twice for a total of seven months IIRC), then bug fixes, play testing, balancing, and gold certification process (which takes a month or so).

Last edited:
i doubt the game will have more than one language at launch.
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...al-cyberpunk-2077-faq.10970267/#post-11054825
We’ll release the game in 16 language versions, 10 with full voice over, 6 with subtitles.
PL -VO, EN - VO, DE - VO, FR - VO, IT - TXT, ES - VO, ESMX - TXT, PT-BR - VO, RU - VO, HU - TXT, CZ - TXT, JP - VO, KR - VO, ZH-S - VO, ZH-T - TXT, AR - TXT.
However, the list is not yet closed, so additional languages might be supported at launch.

I wasn't aware of that. When did they mentioned that?

literally: "entirely dubbed in italian + subtitles. :)" -> https://www.google.com/search?ei=Mh.....0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i10.cTV5PqsvODk
february 9th
@Lilayah can confirm this (?)
no other game that i can think of has done this. its pretty astonishing. and expensive.
you clearly are native english speaker and have absolutely no idea. :ROFLMAO: The vast majority of games is translated in several other languages, often voice over included. All ubisoft games of the last 10 years and all sony's exclusives (since forever?), for example.
Voice over is expensive, yes, so only AA or AAA games have it in addition to subtitles. Luckily they let us decide the language we want, since english is always better (more money spent for that since it's the "official" language).

Last edited:
you clearly are native english speaker and have absolutely no idea. :ROFLMAO: The vast majority of games is translated in several other languages, often voice over included. All ubisoft games of the last 10 years and all sony's exclusives (since forever?), for example.
Voice over is expensive, yes, so only AA or AAA games have it in addition to subtitles. Luckily they let us decide the language we want, since english is always better (more money spent for that since it's the "official" language).

not a native english speaker. english is actually my third language but I would never want this game in my native language or the second language because english is the language of entertainment, movies/books/games ect..
IMO if you were to play this game in any other language it would ruin the game, the game takes place in USA, its part of american culture, having another language would ruin immersion.

Last edited:
It's not possible it gets delayed to 2020 because no official release date has been given yet. So there can be no talk of delay of any sort.

In this context I meant internal release date target. All successful non-greenfield projects with clear vision have one because budgets are finite and "Coming when its done" its just PR talk. Longest time non-failed game took to develop was Diablo 3 where Blizzard messed around for 11 years due to WoW cash trying to replicate Diablo 2 success only to come up short.

In this context I meant internal release date target. All successful non-greenfield projects with clear vision have one because budgets are finite and "Coming when its done" its just PR talk. Longest time non-failed game took to develop was Diablo 3 where Blizzard messed around for 11 years due to WoW cash trying to replicate Diablo 2 success only to come up short.

Sure, but saying that it gets "delayed to 2020" means that the date they set - even internally - was before 2020. And there's no evidence this was the case.

We'd love that to happen, but it's still unclear and you should wait for the official announcement :)
Ok, thanks. I guess whoever is managing the facebook page fucked up because the news was on all the italian videogames websites as an official news. People got super excited about that, just so you know. ;)

literally: "entirely dubbed in italian + subtitles. :)" -> https://www.google.com/search?ei=Mh.....0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i10.cTV5PqsvODk
february 9th
@Lilayah can confirm this (?)

I don't speak Polish well (only a bit out of interest), but I thought The Witcher 3's translation was beautifully done. Perhaps a Polish person (@Shavod ?) can give his take briefly so as not to go too off-topic. In particular, Priscilla's song sounded very nice.

And yes, it seems a community manager of some sort was confused. I believe we will have our answers soon.

Side note, Lilayah appears to be much more active here lately. Bored, or excited? :think:

11/11/2018 release date confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom