Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
11/11/2018

I don't speak Polish well (only a bit out of interest), but I thought The Witcher 3's translation was beautifully done. Perhaps a Polish person (@Shavod ?) can give his take briefly so as not to go too off-topic. In particular, Priscilla's song sounded very nice.
I can confirm that polish version is really well done, which is pretty rare for a polish voice overs in the video games. Some people complained that sometimes it sounds too theatrical (meaning a bit exaggerated), but personally I didn't mind it. The only problems I had were with Triss in The Witcher 1 (however there were many other issues with Triss character in The Witcher 1 then just her voice, but both the voice actress and Triss herself got much better in The Witcher 2 and 3), Saskia in The Witcher 2 and people in general seems to be split about polish Dandelion, but I think he was fine, though I would still prefer someone who can actually sing in that role. Plus it's always nice when you have a consistent voice cast through the entire series.

If I were to do the localization for this game - let's say Spain - I'd ship them the English version of Cyberpunk 2077, together with a English-Spanish dictionary, an "English for Dumbies" booklet and a signed autograph of Samuel L. Jackson from that one Quintin Tarentino movie where he had the funny line.

How about it CDPR? Hire me for your localizations? You'd save ever so much on recording dialogue in different languages and I'd instantly help you to get rid of all that excess customer good-will you've amassed over the years.

Last edited:
The Witcher 2 and people in general seems to be split about polish Dandelion, but I think he was fine, though I would still prefer someone who can actually sing in that role.
If the complaint was the voice actor was "to theatrical" ... keep in mind we're talking about Dandelion :p

I do agree a VO actor that can sing would be nice, but might be more expensive then is worthwhile.

If the complaint was the voice actor was "to theatrical" ... keep in mind we're talking about Dandelion :p
It wasn't even that. The criticism mostly boiled down to his inability to sing and some weird moments of voice acting, which I think were voice director's fault rather then the actor, like one moment in The Witcher 1 when Dandelion enters a room after Geralt cuts down a bunch of Salamadra's thugs and he says "Uhhh, so much blood" with overly enthusiastic tone, while in the context of the scene it's rather obvious it's supposed to sound more like he was about to vomit. Again, just a voice director fault probably for not explaining exactly how he supposed to read that line.

do agree a VO actor that can sing would be nice, but might be more expensive then is worthwhile.
Funny thing is that in the Witcher 1 mod Rise of The White Wolf made by some of my buddies from the polish forum (which is in general a big Witcher 1 overhaul), they replaced all of his songs with the ones used in infamous movie and TV Show, performed by Zbigniew Zamachowski, who played Dandelion in the movie, and that was a huge improvement over original (for all it's faults, the movie's soundtrack was pretty great).

Side note, Lilayah appears to be much more active here lately. Bored, or excited? :think:

11/11/2018 release date confirmed.

I noticed that as well. Maybe it's a sign of the times (I hope!)

Gee, I just want to see more of this game. The hype is slowly and painfully killing me, thank god I have you guys and this forum which works like a support group.

Funny thing is that in the Witcher 1 mod Rise of The White Wolf made by some of my buddies from the polish forum (which is in general a big Witcher 1 overhaul), they replaced all of his songs with the ones used in infamous movie and TV Show, performed by Zbigniew Zamachowski, who played Dandelion in the movie, and that was a huge improvement over original (for all it's faults, the movie's soundtrack was pretty great).
Can't understand a word of it (thank god for subtitles) but it sounds pretty good!

I keep saying this womans singing is the ONLY time I've thought Russian sounded good.

Can't understand a word of it (thank god for subtitles) but it sounds pretty good!

I keep saying this womans singing is the ONLY time I've thought Russian sounded good.
That was quite beautiful.

As for Russian songs, sadly in Poland nothing was more popular then Tatu's songs and Kalinka in my early school years, but my mom thinks Russian songs sound really nice in general.

there really are things we're better off not knowing.

This user does not speak on our behalf! I want to know EVERYTHING!

If you want to pop the lid off the Ark of the Covenant Lilayah, please do so. I for one am fully willing to have my face melted off in exchange for the System Specs and Release Date. I'm sure there's augments to compensate for that once I get into the game.

I mean, I can just go back to silence mode, but don't think you'd want that! ;)

... why wouldn't we want that? I mean, aside from your pleasant attitude that makes us all luv you and brightens up these entire forums of course. ;)

Any reason in specific why we wouldn't want you to be silent between now and/or during E3 2019? :p Is the reason why we'd hate you to be silent, coming before or after 2019?

Last edited:
... why wouldn't we want that? I mean, aside from your pleasant attitude that makes us all luv you and brightens up these entire forums of course. ;)

Any reason in specific why we wouldn't want you to be silent between now and/or during E3 2019? :p Is the reason why we'd hate you to be silent, coming before or after 2019?
No reason behind it :) Just want to get to know you guys more, what do you look forward to, what are you expecting and stuff like that :)

No reason behind it :) Just want to get to know you guys more, what do you look forward to, what are you expecting and stuff like that :)

Heh, I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt then and treat you to it then. ;-)

I'm one of these people who hasn't come in to this with very strong desires or opinions on Cyberpunk 2077. All I know is that when I bought the standard edition jewelcase of Witcher 2 some eight years ago on a hunch, things like a map, a coin and Dandelion's pamphlet of king Henselt came spilling out. For a standard edition, that made an impression on me and I could just feel that W2: Assassin of Kings was a labor of love set in a tenderly crafted, gritty and realistic world. Finished it thrice.

I've been a fan ever since. I've started playing Witcher 3 some three times over, quitting each time about half-way in and promising myself to find the ideal month somewhere in the future, where I'd find the time to do the game justice and complete it 100% in a single multi-week run-through. I'm still looking to find that month.
I shouldn't have any right to look as much forward to Cyberpunk 2077 as I am really. I should finish my last meal first. Can't say that I'm not partly motivated towards purchasing CP77, just to support good industry practices within gaming (though I was disappointed by reports that your upper management can be quite harsh on your employees. :( )

Normally I'm not much for first-person shooters, but I love management games, intricate mechanisms, detailed "other" worlds and well written, atmospheric stand-alone stories. This means I haven't played a Triple-A game from EA/Activision/Ubisoft in years now and some of my favorite recent titles have been Frostpunk, Prey, Dishonored 2, Two Point Hospital, Pyre, Hades, Sexy Brutale, Satisfactory, ANNO 1800 and Resident Evil 2. I liked Thronebreaker and will make an exception for FPS games like Cyberpunk once I'm convinced the experience is good enough, which I already am.
Just like I make calculations in my management games, I write down choices during RPGs so I can replay to make different ones at a later date.

I'm the profile of the kind of customer who'll support the work of your company, regardless of decisions that might be controversial to anyone else. As long as I find the amount of love and dedication that I've come to expect from CDPR, I'll fumble my way through the gunplay and accept that the mechanics I'm confronted with are just the way games are supposed to work. I'm the neurotic type, but I'm fairly sure there's quite a few more of me who'll be silent during and ahead of launch.

I'm hyped, without many expectations. Normally I just play indie titles, so I'm building a new rig just so I can play CP77. I'm more interested in the system requirements than I am a release date.

/end of unrequested biography

Last edited:
As said in the "wishes for E3" thread.

- seeing Netrunning
- seeing the skilltrees
- melee combat
- how driving has changed
- see motorbikes in action
- other parts of NC
- NC by night
- weather system
- clothing system

And any news on the store restock? :D :(

I mean, I can just go back to silence mode, but don't think you'd want that! ;)
nooooooooo <3 <3 <3
what do you look forward to
release date or at least window
what are you expecting
detailed info about game mechanics (levels, loot, skill points, perks, netrunning). As few as possible about story and surprises, we don't want too many spoilers, just want to know what type of game CP2077 is (action RPG is not enough precise).
So if you guys could address this at E3, it'd be extremely appreciated.

been in pre-production since 2012, half team production since 2015 and full team production since 2017 . its done.

View attachment 11000146

RIP all other games coming out fall 2019.
The game had rough development, the rumors were all over the place way back, even the CEO then low key confirmed it so all this development time isnt as big a deal as you might think, 2020 is very much possible still.

We'd love that to happen, but it's still unclear and you should wait for the official announcement :)

Please confirm Italian dubbed.... :(

I was so happy with it ...

If there were only subtitles honestly I would be disappointed, perhaps even to the point of giving up the dayone ........ All of us Italians have bought in many TW3 not only because the game is a masterpiece, but also to give a signal that you can trust to invest in the Italian language again after the First The WItcher ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom