Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor has it that it will be released around 2020 ( not based on 2020 Easter Eggs )

It seems that 2019 is not to be expected (I think the release date should be 2020/5/31, based on cp2077 poster)

Perhaps it was meant to be 2019/5/31 (Friday) at the time when the poster was made, which could have been months before E3 2018, but the plans have changed since then. Or it is just not related to the release date.

Last edited:
No matter what, it will be revealed soon. It would be very CDPR of them to say something on that date. Doubt it's for release though.

At this point CDPR could blow me a kiss and I would crap myself with excitement.

That would be very cool, when I first saw the trailer the song was almost just background filler...
But after many times of watching it, I find it stuck in my head.

Now I really like the song.

It would be really nice to have some songs released like how RL bands release singles on most digital sites.
Normally that is a good way to stir the hype. Some RL bands have only a few songs, but the way they have been released contributes to their success.

Imagine if the way Johnny is revealed is through a music video release. He wouldn't even have to be a person, maybe an avatar, through a montage, or even an anti corpo proaganda vid....maybe a pro corpo vid... :giveup:

Whatever it is, there could very well be something planned for May 31, two weeks before E3, as part of the marketing campaign.

Hm, recent news rather (to me) indicate a very late 19 release, if at all.
Now leaning more towards a early to maybe mid 2020 release.

But time will tell. I still think come Autumn or Winter we know more about a reliable release window either way. If not at E3 or Gamescom.

Hm, recent news rather (to me) indicate a very late 19 release, if at all.
Now leaning more towards a early to maybe mid 2020 release.

But time will tell. I still think come Autumn or Winter we know more about a reliable release window either way. If not at E3 or Gamescom.
Recent news?

Rumor has it that it will be released around 2020 ( not based on 2020 Easter Eggs )

It seems that 2019 is not to be expected (I think the release date should be 2020/5/31, based on cp2077 poster)

There has literally been far more rumors and supposed leaks intimating a 2019 release.

Ive seen nothing to indicate 2020 aside from people baselessly assuming that because the game looks good it cant possible be this year.

There has literally been far more rumors and supposed leaks intimating a 2019 release.

Ive seen nothing to indicate 2020 aside from people baselessly assuming that because the game looks good it cant possible be this year.

This, literally.

And because it was still in alpha (not feature complete) last November. Going gold, making high volume physical copies of the discs and distribution prep alone takes at least a month. 11 months to finish the features, side quests, assets of the non demo areas in a world this large:

Then polishing the entire open world and bug fixes. 2020 is definitely the most likely scenario IMO. Even if everything went exactly according to plan (which Murphy's law would tell you never happens), I'm not sure all that could be done over 11 months in a well polished open would action RPG.

Even if everything went exactly according to plan (which Murphy's law would tell you never happens), I'm not sure all that could be done over 11 months in a well polished open would action RPG.

It all depends on the amount of re-iteration and re-working of important systems, designs etc. Once those are set in place, things can move FAST.

And because it was still in alpha (not feature complete) last November. Going gold, making high volume physical copies of the discs and distribution prep alone takes at least a month. 11 months to finish the features, side quests, assets of the non demo areas in a world this large:

Then polishing the entire open world and bug fixes. 2020 is definitely the most likely scenario IMO. Even if everything went exactly according to plan (which Murphy's law would tell you never happens), I'm not sure all that could be done over 11 months in a well polished open would action RPG.
Where was it stated that the game was in alpha during November? I had seen that it was in 'advanced development', but i didnt take that to specifically mean alpha.

How long it takes to finish the non demo features, side quests, etc isnt relevant unless we know where in development the game was/is. The demo is nearly a year old by now anyway, and was not a brand new build by the time it was shown.

Same with polishing and bug fixes, again, to assume that this will push the game into 2020 is to make a baseless assumption upon where the game is in development.

Even with all that you said, and ignoring the fact that the demo was not a new build when they had shown it, that still would result in around a year and few months of time, which would further indicate a late 2019 release.

This is a confirmed current gen game. Even early 2020 is late for a current gen game, especially a major triple a title.

CD Projekt official investor calls confirm 2019 is the target.

Not to mention all the leaks say 19 is the window. Including the graphic design company that made the Cyberpunk 2077 logo, a verified alienware employee who tipped us off to the now confirmed hardware partnership, and a turkish distributor that has an established relationship with CD Projekt.

.... and they have another triple a title set to drop by 2021, its unheard of to drop two triple a titles from one company in back to back years, let alone the same year.

CD Projekt hired a release manager not long ago, which you only do when you are imminent to a release, they also paid out a very large sum to their investors, which is something done only when a business is expecting a large influx of income in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom