Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry but i dont take anything Jason says serriously he is dead wrong as often or more than he is right
You may not like the guy (and trust me, I certainly can't stand him as a person), but he did provided some leaked informations, which proved to be 100% true in the past. Can he be mistaken this time or based that on outdated info from former developers? Sure, but if he says so, it certainly something worth keeping in the back of your mind.

To be fair, even if the information was outdated, it would be surprising if the release date was changed to be sooner than what was expected at the time of the leak. Usually, it just gets pushed back more, or it does not change at best.

I wouldn't doubt Jason got the scoop on a likely release date from some devs. He has a way to get them talking.

I wouldn't doubt Jason got the scoop on a likely release date from some devs. He has a way to get them talking.

He said its 'absolutely not releasing this year', then changed it to 'Oh well this year was the target but it will be delayed', thats NONSENSE. Why would he say 'absolutely not this year' if this year was the target and possible release reveal?

Hes just covering his tracks for his dumb baseless claim. So now if it does come out 2019 he can say 'Oh well see i told you the target was 2019 but CD Projekt just ended up forgoing a delay, that's all' smh
Post automatically merged:

You may not like the guy (and trust me, I certainly can't stand him as a person), but he did provided some leaked informations, which proved to be 100% true in the past. Can he be mistaken this time or based that on outdated info from former developers? Sure, but if he says so, it certainly something worth keeping in the back of your mind.

Problem is this time he wasnt going off info, he just spewed his baseless speculation, before making a bad attempt to cover his tracks a few days later.

There was already a rumor from a Polish site posted by @Shavod about a month ago that claimed the game will come in May 2020, citing an anonymous insider source from CDPR. While this rumor may or may not be reliable, or the source could even be the same as Jason Schreier's, the prediction seems to be consistent at least. The same site also said in another article that late 2019 was planned as an internal target, but this is "unrealistic". It could be just speculation on their part, though, not sure exactly what part of the information came from the insider.

There was already a rumor from a Polish site posted by @Shavod about a month ago that claimed the game will come in May 2020, citing an anonymous insider source from CDPR. While this rumor may or may not be reliable, or the source could even be the same as Jason Schreier's, the prediction seems to be consistent at least. The same site also said in another article that late 2019 was planned as an internal target, but this is "unrealistic". It could be just speculation on their part, though, not sure exactly what part of the information came from the insider.

2020/5/31 :smart:

56568989656.png

May seems unlikely. If it was January through March I'd find it more plausible.

The vast majority of 'leaks' are saying 2019.

Schrierer didnt get his 'info' from anyone. He literally just made it up to cover his tracks from his ridiculous baseless claim made prior.

Why would he say 'absolutely not releasing this year' if he knew the target was this year? Because he is just lying. He has no 'info', he just wanted to make it so no matter what happens he isnt wrong.

July 7th was in the secret message, i dont think either are the release date.

The only thing vaguely related to Cyberpunk that happened today was WallStreet 23 conference in Karpacz, where Adam Kicinski was a special guest and talked a bit about Cyberpunk and CD Projekt in general. Maybe I will translate some more interesting bits and drop it somewhere around here or on reddit.

Well, I was proven wrong. It wasn't just an assumption.

According to Jason's sources, the game was being planned for 2019 release, but currently the team doesn't believe they will be able to reach that goal, which makes 2020 release much more likely.
Lmfao no. It was exactly an assumption.

Why would someone who knows 2019 is the target say there is 'absolutely no chance' of a 2019 release?

Because hes just making crap up to amend his baseless speculative claim.

Dont be fooled by his nonsense so easily.

"You know how i said there was no chance of 2019 release? Yea, i actially meant the target was 2019 but it will be delayed. Even if they announce 2019 release at e3, im still not wrong" yea, bunch of crap.

Last edited:
Im not saying he never gets the information right just that its not always right

One of the biggest things one should consider when speculating about release date for Cyberpunk is localisation period. The game will feature several voice overs on top of different in-text-only translations, more then The Witcher 3 in fact. And of course the amount of time that needs to be dedicated to all of them combined is nothing to scoff at. So far we have I believe 10 full voice overs confirmed, while, for comparison, previous fully voiced game from CDPR Thronebreaker took around a year to complete it's localisation process. And we can't ignore that, while Thronebreaker did have a lot of text with voiceovers and in more languages (at least based on what we know so far), Cyberpunk is going to have a lot more dialogue then that.

So far I don't believe we had any confirmation of localisation process starting, outside of the confirmed supported languages list. All the deals with the publishers were also signed in a second half of the last year, which makes it difficult to figure when and if the process had already begun.

One of the biggest things one should consider when speculating about release date for Cyberpunk is localisation period. The game will feature several voice overs on top of different in-text-only translations, more then The Witcher 3 in fact. And of course the amount of time that needs to be dedicated to all of them combined is nothing to scoff at. So far we have I believe 10 full voice overs confirmed, while, for comparison, previous fully voiced game from CDPR Thronebreaker took around a year to complete it's localisation process. And we can't ignore that, while Thronebreaker did have a lot of text with voiceovers and in more languages (at least based on what we know so far), Cyberpunk is going to have a lot more dialogue then that.

So far I don't believe we had any confirmation of localisation process starting, outside of the confirmed supported languages list. All the deals with the publishers were also signed in a second half of the last year, which makes it difficult to figure when and if the process had already begun.
I think they'll be done simultanously. usually localization is done by third party companies (I know a guy who works for a company that has translated in our language all recent ubisoft games and from many other companies). It doesn't take one person to translate a full game and I don't think CDPR will hire internally hundreds of transaltors.

@Shavod's point is about voice acting, that we still do not have any confirmation of it having been started in non-English languages, and it can take up to a year. Although it is possible that it already began long ago, and the NDAs were just really airtight.

Another somewhat concerning bit regarding a 2019 release date is that (unless I missed it) there has been no announcement yet that all the English voiced content is already finished in the game, and this is something I would expect as a major milestone 5-6 months before launch.

Still, voice acting can't be done by CDPR itself, they need to outsorce. Usually it takes 6 months and it's the last thing done. Of course it'll be done contemporary in different languages, each from the related country, ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom