The release of this game wasn't really that exceptional

+
Technology speaking, the game was a Mess at the Start. Mainly on Consoles (At least on Last Gen)
PC, Ps5, it was Fine. The game was Fine. In Standards speaking how a Game Should've been released, it was still a fuck up of a mess. If anything, CP2077 should've been an Early Access Game. For a company that spent Millions on this game, Hiring Big Names like Keanu and still Releasing the game as is? It's almost a Joke.
But other than that, the game was Fine. It's as expected of a Action Adventure Game really. Mainly the issue derives from them just Overly Promising and Bragging non stop in Interviews and Cons how the Game was basically Ahead of it's time when really it wasn't. Biggest Joke was the usual "The game is Ready. We Wouldn't announce a Release Date if it wasn't." Which to even the Dev's in CDPR (Anonymously Told like usual.) Were surprised that CDPR announced a Released Date when the game was Really not Close to being Done.

They did a Fucking AMAZING JOB with the World though, Christ I've never seen anyone else do as kickass of a Job with a cyberpunk World Design than what CDPR Did. (Least in a sense sticking with what's already written while adding their own little touches.) I swear, the World is the only Plus to this whole Mess really. They did a Beautiful job with it, Sadly that Sunshine only lasts for so long ounce your finished the game already. Cause after that, you realize how empty, stale and really just all around boring Night City is. But either way, I still love NC, so well done. Too bad they couldn't do anything more with the city than just for looks.

And I guess these days people levitate too right? :LOL:
View attachment 11198200

Fake screenshot, can tell by the shadows, they're too proportional.
Post automatically merged:

They did a Fucking AMAZING JOB with the World though, Christ I've never seen anyone else do as kickass of a Job with a cyberpunk World Design than what CDPR Did. (Least in a sense sticking with what's already written while adding their own little touches.) I swear, the World is the only Plus to this whole Mess really. They did a Beautiful job with it, Sadly that Sunshine only lasts for so long ounce your finished the game already. Cause after that, you realize how empty, stale and really just all around boring Night City is. But either way, I still love NC, so well done. Too bad they couldn't do anything more with the city than just for looks.

They've used it to tell nicely intricate character driven stories with an amazing cast and outstanding performances. Which is really what CDPR's strengths are, I mean let's be real here how interactive was the world and the AI in any of their previous works?

They've used it to tell nicely intricate character driven stories with an amazing cast and outstanding performances. Which is really what CDPR's strengths are, I mean let's be real here how interactive was the world and the AI in any of their previous works?
For the Settings and theme of their Previous Game, they did an amazing job compared to cyberpunk 2077 Honestly. I mean your a White haired dude with cat eyes and Magical Abilities in a Medieval world of Monsters and Open fields. I don't expect to go to a Rave there lol Let Alone Octoberfest at some pub. It's pretty Reasonable really.
But CDPR did do a really good job using the world for they character driven stories and so on but a lot of it is few and far between. if anything, very Selective. You can really tell ones where they really put Effort in and ones they speed run it (A lot of'em were shown in Trailers and Demos) For a game that Advertised "You want a Nice Car? You want a Nice House? you want to Rule this City?" and all that, Especially Directors boasting how Night City is so Open and Explorable all the while Experiencing the "Night Life" of Night City and all that it has to offer, It sure as hell is a good Let Down by how oddly Empty and Closed off Night City is.
But that's a whole different Mess. I still Enjoy night City, those Designers did a great job making Environmental Story Telling that's for sure.

For the Settings and theme of their Previous Game, they did an amazing job compared to cyberpunk 2077 Honestly. I mean your a White haired dude with cat eyes and Magical Abilities in a Medieval world of Monsters and Open fields. I don't expect to go to a Rave there lol Let Alone Octoberfest at some pub. It's pretty Reasonable really.
But CDPR did do a really good job using the world for they character driven stories and so on but a lot of it is few and far between. if anything, very Selective. You can really tell ones where they really put Effort in and ones they speed run it (A lot of'em were shown in Trailers and Demos) For a game that Advertised "You want a Nice Car? You want a Nice House? you want to Rule this City?" and all that, Especially Directors boasting how Night City is so Open and Explorable all the while Experiencing the "Night Life" of Night City and all that it has to offer, It sure as hell is a good Let Down by how oddly Empty and Closed off Night City is.
But that's a whole different Mess. I still Enjoy night City, those Designers did a great job making Environmental Story Telling that's for sure.

I understand where you're coming from and I agree with the notion of Night City needing more life breathed into it, but I never got that impression from the marketing, hence why I was never really expecting it (wanting it of course, but didn't really expect it to that extent based on their previous works).

What I expected was an immersive sim, action-RPG akin to an open world Deus Ex combined with Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, sprinkled with a dose of CDPR-tier story telling and character design which is what I got in spades.

But Night City is humongous, maybe too big for it's own good which might be the reason why it feels rather lifeless when you look at it from an environmental gameplay design philosophy, I'm sure they got the memo by now and surely they haven't invested so much time and resources into developing such an infrastructure to just leave it bare.

So we'll see.

The real reason why I'm rooting for CDPR is that they're the only ones at the moment who are tackling this genre and game design, yes it's lacking in certain aspects but at the moment it's the best we've got when it comes to open world Cyberpunk RPG and I want more and better if it's at all feasible.

That doesn't mean I'm giving them a pass on their shortcomings, not at all, I just don't want the valid criticism to be muddled with overreacting statements and hyperbole, that doesn't help anybody.

Yeah .. polished . . . :cry:

Cyberpunk-glitch-1024x576-1.jpg

I understand where you're coming from and I agree with the notion of Night City needing more life breathed into it, but I never got that impression from the marketing, hence why I was never really expecting it (wanting it of course, but didn't really expect it to that extent based on their previous works).

What I expected was an immersive sim, action-RPG akin to an open world Deus Ex combined with Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, sprinkled with a dose of CDPR-tier story telling and character design which is what I got in spades.

But Night City is humongous, maybe too big for it's own good which might be the reason why it feels rather lifeless when you look at it from an environmental gameplay design philosophy, I'm sure they got the memo by now and surely they haven't invested so much time and resources into developing such an infrastructure to just leave it bare.

So we'll see.

The real reason why I'm rooting for CDPR is that they're the only ones at the moment who are tackling this genre and game design, yes it's lacking in certain aspects but at the moment it's the best we've got when it comes to open world Cyberpunk RPG and I want more and better if it's at all feasible.

That doesn't mean I'm giving them a pass on their shortcomings, not at all, I just don't want the valid criticism to be muddled with overreacting statements and hyperbole, that doesn't help anybody.
I got some of it from a lot of their Interviews, especially with their Quest Designers and so on.
Though I didn't Expect much from them either honestly, though I was more Disappointed in the whole RPG Aspect of the game. Again, there's spots in the game here and there where they did a banging good job and put more thought into it but the rest were just simple Run and Gun type of stuff. I Appreciate their Creativity though when it comes to Certain quests and the Choices they give you but everything else was just way to overly Simplified in Combat and Quest Narrative for a "RPG" which they straight up start changing to Action Adventure or whatever.

Either way, I really do Agree that they seriously made the world a bit too big for their sake. Hell I think they were way to Ambitious with this one. Honestly for now till then, I'm holding off the game till their at least halfway done with the updates and put in their first free DLC. Without a doubt though, I'm sure they'll improve on the game a year or two down the line. It'll never Technically be the same they "Advertised" and Bragged about or whatever but for sure, it'll be a good game. Though I'm positive this....Mess of a Release will be one hell of a Learning Experience for them. Or at least I hope so and they don't let the sales go to their heads.

The comparison (not just in this thread )to Rockstar and Bethesda is quite tiresome to me, Rockstar have 30 odd years of experience building cop-chase car based ai and mechanics.
They are masters. But that also means they did the hard work over those 30 years. They figured out what worked and what didn't. CDPR had the easier time in just copying the elements needed from GTA into CP. They don't live in a bubble. But CP lacks functions to match expected car mechanics in games like this. Would you make the same defense. If this was something else Like: a game coming with low res textures on PC. We personally haven't delved in textures that would work properly with 1080+ resolutions before. So we won't be doing them.

Nothing was stopping them in hiring current or ex R* employees/consultant for the knowledge/experience. That's like not hiring a military officer. When you're TV show features armed forces.

The reason so many people have criticized this game beyond others is not because they consider a broken game to be exceptional (which is a shame in itself but a whole different issue) but because this game is so incredibly mediocre on top of that and the game was severely overhyped by the company itself.

The game only gets worst after the act 1...the launch was a big mess,and post launch still is...this game will be talked about for years...in a minth Biomutant gets out and people on forums are talking about not pre ordering the game because of cyberpunk 2077...a lot of games that are coming and that i am following people say the same...in a way cyberpunk changed something in the gaming industry...

Last edited:
CDPR should not have released this game for last gen consoles. I get wanting to fulfill the obligations of preorders but the amount of gross oversight involved in that decision should leave a bad taste in any consumer's mouth. Hype is one thing, expectations and reality rarely if ever match, but that lack of communication to the consumer is unacceptable.

With releasing the game on some current gen console (ps4 and xbox one )(except switch which 70 millions more or less are sold today>50 million of xbox one<120 million of ps4), in the state of development which he was at release and still now (mean with all the characteristic of a preview version), they prepare the new generation of consumers (new kind of enslaved clients) to the future of software s game industry : To buy beta version as commercial version for the 9 gen console and be happy of this.As ps4 and xbox one clients get also the xbox serie or ps5 version(3.5 million and 4.5 million console sold at christmas time date) ,it give opportunity for them to buy it for the current gen of console even if the game is almost broke and under work, and to finally play it if they buy a 9 gen console,what is clearly suggest using market process like this in clients unconcious.
And when they ll buy what they thought at begin being a game in final version,n get instead a beta version ,they won t be surprised or angry,because they ll find it usual. It will become current,usual,standard.
That way,editor and distributor of game s software and console would reduce cost of production,need less investors as clients pay the dvp for final version, and get more money. The only who will loose something will be the consummers who will be never sure to get a game or a work when he ll buy a console and a game to "craft" on it

The game only gets worst after the act 1...the launch was a big mess,and post launch still is...this game will be talked about for years...in a minth Biomutant gets out and people on forums are talking about not pre ordering the game because of cyberpunk 2077...a lot of games that are coming and that i am following people say the same...in a way cyberpunk changed something in the gaming industry...

Yeah, we've heard that plenty of times before. When the next big "messiah and holy-grail" type of hype generating game gets announced, most if not all of these "principled" gamers will pre-order it as if nothing happened.

CDPR should not have released this game for last gen consoles. I get wanting to fulfill the obligations of preorders but the amount of gross oversight involved in that decision should leave a bad taste in any consumer's mouth. Hype is one thing, expectations and reality rarely if ever match, but that lack of communication to the consumer is unacceptable.

Right, because communicating and giving a quick preview of what's in the upcoming patch is going so well!

Gamers are proving time and time again that communication with them when they're not happy serves absolutely no purpose other than getting hated on. If people want communication they have to start acting like they actually do and not take out the pitchforks the second they don't hear what they want to hear.

Last edited:
Right, because communicating and giving a quick preview of what's in the upcoming patch is going so well!

Gamers are proving time and time again that communication with them when they're not happy serves absolutely no purpose other than getting hated on. If people want communication they have to start acting like they actually do and not take out the pitchforks out the second they don't hear what they want to hear.
I'm gonna be honest here: I never followed the hype, I saw the trailer from 8 or so years ago, put it into the back of my mind and didn't think much of it until I heard it was being released soon. There will always be that type of disparity in how consumers, especially gamers, give feedback. A vocal minority will always be heard, that is the give and take of any advertising campaign where your consumer demographic has a massive social media presence. So when I say lack of communication, I mean a total lack of acknowledging the state of the game for last gen preorders. You, in your argument, ignore that and instead choose a convenient narrative that suits your needs. They should not have released it for last gen if they knew it was in such an unplayable state. Their only brownie points gained from that PR disaster was encouraging those last gen consumers to refund the game. Not a good look for a new IP and certainly generated a vast majority of the bad press from the get go. Gives ammunition for those who are unwilling to recognize that triple A games like this will always require tweaks after release and that project timelines get extremely complicated during development.

I can do that too
1616392830173.png
1616392842434.png

1616392866337.png
1616392969535.png

1616392984758.png
1616393008244.png

The game only gets worst after the act 1
Just your opinion. In my opinion the game gets far better after act 1.

Is the act 1 more polished than the rest of the game? Sure, but in what game that isn't the case? I don't remember people complaining how in Fallout 3 you got this massive disparity between opening narrative and dealing with Butch and his friends and when game opens up you no longer feel the cohesive story telling or how the rest of the game isn't as polished as the early beginning.

So many people are complaining there's not similar complex stories when it comes to Maelstrom mission, but I've not seen anyone complain about Voodoo Boys / Netwatch choice, so are people just lied to / not played that far / forgotten / didn't pay attention, or all of the mentioned?

They figured out what worked and what didn't. CDPR had the easier time in just copying the elements needed from GTA into CP.
Sometimes things aren't as easy as "just do it".

I mean it's like asking why did all the other space agencies have so many exploding / crashing rockets after NASA had so many successful moon missions? Why couldn't they just copy the design of Saturn V and just make few changes. Would have saved them so much money and embarrassment.

Why doesn't Microsoft just copy Google's Android and make better Windows Mobile?
Why can't German artists copy Gangnam Style and become instant billion view hits?
Why can't JBL just copy Apple and become the top technology company in world?

They have their own engine that is good at some things and not so great in the others. They have their own project build on the engine and everything drafted from the start is like a tree branching into a different sections, so it'd be quite hard to make a palm tree into a pine tree.

And I'm not here to excuse the current police system (and I'm so tired constantly defending against those accusations). It needs work.

But it's not like the game would be a completely different game given that 1.2 or 1.3 or whenever they manage to implement police driving. I mean sure it'd allow them to do more with it, like gangs chasing you randomly, editing the existing more scripted events etc, but it's not like outcomes of them are going to be vastly different.

Last edited:
In my opinion this game is the second biggest disappointment of of all time game wise in my time as a gamer. The only other game to disappoint me more was no man's sky. I'm very choosy when it comes to what games I play. The games systems, npcs, and story just aren't that great. It feels like they were made to check a box off instead of being fun and interesting.
The games systems aren't polished and some don't work. Car driving is awful, and AI is basically MIA. The game world is boring.
NPCs aren't very interesting and interactive. There are a few that are interesting, but like I said low interactivity. We need more to do with them. Also a lot of things are too forced like drones blowing up at certain points in missions.
The story is basically Silverhands unfinished business, and most of the endings disappoint. The story really needed to branch out further do to player choice, and there were a lot of missed opportunities. Let's say if you wanted to save Brendon you should have been able to buy him. Hell should have been able to save Jackie and T-Bug as well.

Of course I blame management for these problems, they totally screwed this game over. The devs did a great job with the time and resources they were given.

In my opinion this game is the second biggest disappointment of of all time game wise in my time as a gamer. The only other game to disappoint me more was no man's sky. I'm very choosy when it comes to what games I play. The games systems, npcs, and story just aren't that great. It feels like they were made to check a box off instead of being fun and interesting.
The games systems aren't polished and some don't work. Car driving is awful, and AI is basically MIA. The game world is boring.
NPCs aren't very interesting and interactive. There are a few that are interesting, but like I said low interactivity. We need more to do with them. Also a lot of things are too forced like drones blowing up at certain points in missions.
The story is basically Silverhands unfinished business, and most of the endings disappoint. The story really needed to branch out further do to player choice, and there were a lot of missed opportunities. Let's say if you wanted to save Brendon you should have been able to buy him. Hell should have been able to save Jackie and T-Bug as well.

Of course I blame management for these problems, they totally screwed this game over. The devs did a great job with the time and resources they were given.
I definitely agree the game got released too early and it's all management's fault.

But it's not like the game needed another 2 years of development. I mean that's what the DLC's and expansions are for.

The game definitely should have been in close to 1.2 on launch and then promises of making a quick fix to the police mechanism by releasing 1.1 (now probably gonna be 1.3) where they finish the polishing of this mechanism.

People just have to accept that it was "slightly" unfinished on launch (depending on what platform you're playing) and move on, either buy it now or one-two years later with the "Definitive Edition" which is then providing all these perfectly tuned mechanics and Max-Tac AV drops and more trauma missions and continued side quest lines and game modified based on fan feedback.

I've been completely fine with what we've got and I know the game is going to look slightly different in couple of years to come and I'm glad I've been able to contribute to the development of this game, unlike those people who are going to buy this game on sale for 25% of the original price with all the DLC and expansions packed into a single title. Those people didn't put the majority of money to actually pay the development of the game.

I think what CDPR should've done is just call it "early access" and release it like that, and then would have suffered way less feedback from their bugs and glitches, and make the official "release" in next winter sale.

I mean it's like asking why did all the other space agencies have so many exploding / crashing rockets after NASA had so many successful moon missions? Why couldn't they just copy the design of Saturn V and just make few changes. Would have saved them so much money and embarrassment.

Why doesn't Microsoft just copy Google's Android and make better Windows Mobile?
Why can't German artists copy Gangnam Style and become instant billion view hits?
Why can't JBL just copy Apple and become the top technology company in world?
features armed forces.
I imagine they probably did employ consultants, I'd be shocked if they hadn't on an allegedly $300mil project but developing a new capability in an engine is bound to take time to prefect. Developing new tech takes time and clearly cdpr needs more of it.
Like Surma said you cant just copy somebody else's work because that's plagiarism and you fall foul of patent laws etc (just look at the tussels in the mobile phone market, you currently can't buy htc phones in Europe because of a patent infringement)

The EU funding cdpr had was to develop a piece of independent technology, which I assume is the red engine.

Hulkman, my post wasn't a defence of cdpr, I said their launch was a disaster. I'm just suggesting that after 3 months of post launch vitriol perhaps let them get on with it and see what they come up with.
I was disappointed at the state of the game too.
I can't imagine what it must be like for the devs working flat out to come on the forum to look at the response to the work they're doing to fix the mess and find every bit of communication met with "that's a bit shit..... you've ruined my life"

Top Bottom