The road from rank 10 to 0. Takeaways.

+
I'm not suprised that this season some people are mad at devs for failing to balance the game. Everyone who read the patch notes saw it for miles away - ST was prety strong last season and got buffed, NG was very strong last season and got basicly no nerfs. I'm starting to lose fate in CDPR.

Btw for those that are either low rank or permanently rank 0 - climbing from rank 5 to 0 is absolute nightmare!!!!! There is no deck variety, ST and NG have only 1 playable deck and at least over 40% play-rate each. It is "beat them or join them" situation and beating them (especialy ST) is no easy task.

I belive devs should outright force people to play diferent factions (only on high ranks).

And then more people would leave.

Ranks 5 to 1 can't get any worse. Forcing variety into meta might improve the experience.

Someone suggested requiring ranking up past rank 7 to require using a different faction for each piece of mosaic. Sounds like an idea with some potential. I am completely against the other suggestion of just locking people out of decks or anything like that.

Someone suggested requiring ranking up past rank 7 to require using a different faction for each piece of mosaic. Sounds like an idea with some potential. I am completely against the other suggestion of just locking people out of decks or anything like that.

That is actualy really good idea. :cool:

People keep saying Gwent is too unbalanced... as opposed to what exactly? Every single card game has a strong Meta and a difficult balancing process.

Since the time of Magic Tournaments people rotated around 3-4 decks.

At least we have a change in the Meta every month, that is the fun with a card game.
Except Ardal, a pox on him

People keep saying Gwent is too unbalanced... as opposed to what exactly? Every single card game has a strong Meta and a difficult balancing process.

Since the time of Magic Tournaments people rotated around 3-4 decks.

At least we have a change in the Meta every month, that is the fun with a card game.
Except Ardal, a pox on him

Monsters are bad aside from Detlaff
SC is a little too strong
NG is in a bad state with too much thinning and too much control
SY was nerfed a bit too hard as I hardly see them anymore
NR is in weird state. If you aren't playing foltest commando's it doesn't do very well. Engines just aren't that strong considering the insane amount of control in the game.
SK probably has the least problems imo

The worst thing for me are the many many cards in the game that are too weak or too poorly designed and it's obvious. Also artifacts were horribly designed from the start. I don't know why they are even still in the game at all. They seemed to see the problem in how they keep nerfing them into oblivion but then we still have summoning circle hurting the game. If that card sticks at the beginning of a long round well good luck winning. Time to tech in artifact removal just to stop that one card lol.

If the factions and cards were better balanced the game would offer more choices to be competitive.

Somebody please for the love of Christ explain to me how, at just Rank 11, I'm facing up against endless 'wonderdecks' with nothing but Golds in hand R3 (not hyperthin, just <cough> <cough> LUCKY RNG) and players with Gabor and Beetlebum or whatever the hell his name is - endless, relentless decks of hyper-legendary cards?

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with this game?

Somebody please for the love of Christ explain to me how, at just Rank 11, I'm facing up against endless 'wonderdecks' with nothing but Golds in hand R3 (not hyperthin, just <cough> <cough> LUCKY RNG) and players with Gabor and Beetlebum or whatever the hell his name is - endless, relentless decks of hyper-legendary cards?

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with this game?

More info needed. Is it Francesca?

More info needed. Is it Francesca?

Indeed it was. The lack of variery in decks is astonishing, particularly considering 11 is pretty low.

The double dwarfs popped up, but it was as though they hand-picked their final hand. Cranmer, Gord, etc. I had Portal in R3 (not deliberately) and a swordmaster - which I mulliganed into another swordmaster. Had to also mulligan Aelirenn.

Why oh why blacklisting was nerfed is utterly beyond reason.

Top Bottom