The role of Kaer Morhen and Vesemir in the Witcher 3

+
The role of Kaer Morhen and Vesemir in the Witcher 3

I personally would like to see Kaer Morhen being part of the map, with players being able to travel there and rest and interact with other Witchers especially Vesemir. I'd like to see Geralt talk to Vesemir and get advice and help from him trough out the game, after all Vesemir is the oldest and most experienced Witcher and a father figure to Geralt. CDPR can also implement main and side missions for Kaer Morhen. For example Vesemir asking you to hunt certain monsters, gather ingredients, hunt legendary monsters, and so on. It can also be used as a training ground, where Geralt can learn new moves and ...

The devs said there will be some other locations besides Novigrad, NML, and Skellige. I sure hope one of them will be Kaer Morhen. I still regret we did not get a chance to explore the forest and cliffs around it in TW1. May be we get lucky this time.

It's quite far away from Skellige and Novygrad, how would he get there? Fast travel maybe?
If devs not going to make it, I pretty sure modders will do it themselves.

I'd love to see the rest of the Wolf School helping out Geralt in some situations, scouting where the Hunt has gone.

Though it would make sense to have only Vesemir accompany Geralt, as getting the whole Wolf School killed would not be a good idea.

i think the one next to geralt in the CG trailer is Vesemir his voice tune and the way he talked to geralt shows that he is much older than geralt and he is white bearded too XD i really think it's Vesemir

BUT About Kaer Morhen wasn't it destroyed in the witcher 1 ! i don't think we will go back there i don't see any reason

TheWolfOfRivia said:
BUT About Kaer Morhen wasn't it destroyed in the witcher 1 ! i don't think we will go back there i don't see any reason
Kaer Morhen was attacked by Azer Javed, but it was not destroyed. Some damage was done by the huge bug looking monster to the walls, but it did not seem that serious.

http://img.zoneland.ru/images00/f3ff153844f155a3a36f46a71fd96bb3.jpg.jpg
here this photo xD i mean who would wander alone with geralt and they were likely hunting that monster down together and as i said before his voice seemed too old xD so maybe he's Vesemir

TheWolfOfRivia said:
http://img.zoneland.ru/images00/f3ff153844f155a3a36f46a71fd96bb3.jpg.jpg
here this photo xD i mean who would wander alone with geralt and they were likely hunting that monster down together and as i said before his voice seemed too old xD so maybe he's Vesemir
Vesemir is definitely in the Witcher 3 as the artwork below suggest.

He looks like Vesemir, and has a wolf medallion.
But We don't know whether Kaer Morhen is part of the map or not.

I thought the witchers abandoned Kaer Morhen altogether. Vesemir said something like "There's nothing holding us here anymore" after the prologue in TW1. I got the impression that after the attack the witcher realized just how vulnerable Kaer Morhen had become and decided to abandon it for good.

However, I don't know if the situation changed once Geralt recovered the stolen mutagens.

Kaer Morhen can be part of tw3 map.

Why??

CDPR says there will be 3 main regions on the map along with some minor others.
CDPR also says, a boat or fast travel is needed to travel to and from these places.

So i m thinking, maybe geralt can take a boat and somehow instantly appears on the kaer morhen harbour(didnt see any in tw1 but idk).

The trailer also spoke of geralt returning to kaer morhen. I think it is seen in the trailer too(kaer's gate)

Whether it is kaer morhen or my best friend solitude Guard's underwear that we can explore, CDPR just take my money please i am dying of waiting

I think the prologue and a part of the tutorial will take place in Kaer Morhen.
Maybe we'll even get to return there via fast travel.

But by foot is very unlikely, because Kaer Morhen is located in the Kaedweni mountains,
in the far northeastern corner of the world.

I thought Kaer Morhen had already been confirmed, or at the very least highly intimated by a comment such as "the player will return to Witcher-centric places he's been before, in both games". (I paraphrase).

I'm hoping for a combat tutorial from the start this time - and hoping that such will be as necessary as it was in TW2 - perfect start would be in Kaer Morhen.

edit @emporerzorn: snap ! :)

emperorzorn said:
I think the prologue and a part of the tutorial will take place in Kaer Morhen.
Maybe we'll even get to return there via fast travel.

But by foot is very unlikely, because Kaer Morhen is located in the Kaedweni mountains,
in the far northeastern corner of the world.

unless CDPR decides to go skyrim-mode and compress everything down and include kaedwin redania skelliege noman's land and north temeria

TheWolfOfRivia said:
i think the one next to geralt in the CG trailer is Vesemir his voice tune and the way he talked to geralt shows that he is much older than geralt and he is white bearded too XD i really think it's Vesemir

Surely you guys remember that Kaer Morhen is planned to be in the game. Pretty sure it's going to be the tutorial area again, not part of the open world.

If TW3 get's a vibrant moding scene with many custom adventures I had the idea of having Kaer Morhen as something of a quest hub, so that when you've finished TW3 (which seems likely to be finite, you probably wont be abke to continue playing after that) you could always play Kaer Morhen, a timeless place (or not, depending on the adventure) and start some of the player made quests (which would cover a huge range of what I supose would be player made areas, separate from the Kaer Morhen hub). I would love to have all of theese smaller adventures, kinda like Sapkowski's short stories about Geralt.

Top Bottom