The romance options for straight Female and Male V is disappointing [Mild spoilers]

+
Something that bothers me and that I find weird is that for an rpg, we can't even choose between at least two options.

Thanksfully I love Paname but the fact that I have no choice but choosing her is truly disturbing. As if the devs chose for me instead of picking myself what I Want and what I like. Truly disappointing.

I'm perfectly fine with orientations, but in this case, each main demographic should have at least two options, because that is also an rpg and that is in part supposed to be our story.

I’m very disappointed with the romance options. After all these trailers, discussions in the thread “I hope CP2077 also has attractive men” and the response from dev, I really thought that they would add equally romances and choices. But now again I feel like I’m as a straight woman are not their target group. I mean don’t get me wrong, it sucks that there are no options in general (except you like man and woman). But what is bothering me as a female player is this:

I played a few hours now and it would have made sense if all romance options are a part of the main story. Because, you know, you have feelings among those characters you met often, that help you or that argued with you. You can build a bond and so on. So, there are plenty of male characters that I already like after playing, even if they were not attractive to me: Obvious choices are Takemura, Victor, or even Mateo. But now I read that the only romance available for me is River. Who? Who the fuck is River? He’s not even a part of the main story. Because I don’t do that many sidequests, I think I would have never met the only romance character for me, if I don’t google this. Seems that equal to you? I also want to romance someone who is in some way part of the main questline.

I really don’t know what’s going on here. I thought we all would have a choice, I thought that in a setting like cyberpunk, we would be able to use sex as a weapon of power,—if we decide to play V in this way—or we could build a serious relationship in another run. This all is disappointing.

Even if it’s not the best option, they have to make every romance option bi, so we all can make a choice. But even this is disappointing. This sucks really and it's sad in 2020. I don't know if I even want to play this game anymore.

Last edited:
Well, the problem is not what we got with the release, but how PR campaign was handled.
Anyway, CDPR, please, make ALL of romance options BIsexual. That will make everyone pleased. Although, you got a lot of work now. Patches go first :)
I would rather they add new options, within next Dlcs. Don't see the point of retconning the characters. Judy was designed as lesbian, we should respect that.

Meh, I knew this was going to happen. Not surprising. Whereas in the Witcher, where they only had to deal with Geralt's sexuality. Cyberpunk has to deal with multiple. They were always going to go with 1 option for everyone. It's just more optimal and less time consuming. Though it would have been easier to make everyone bisexual, it just feels more "RPG" when everyone has a sexual preference. So that's what they went with.

After last trailer i was almost sure there will be more romance options but when i saw an actual list i was just...really put down. They introduce us so many interesting characters and don't bother to add an extra mile with something that already feels like a base - romance options which here are limited to a level that i won't even bother myself with. I was hoping for Takemura a lot for female V but nope....I still really hope they consider and rethink this topic for future dlc's because relationships is something that i believe for many is one of that bonus factors they keep playing for. Cheers and lets hope future will bring us some more variety.

I would rather they add new options, within next Dlcs. Don't see the point of retconning the characters. Judy was designed as lesbian, we should respect that.
Except they already retckonned characters. Kerry was a bisexual in tabletop, but suddenly gay in game.
Meh, I knew this was going to happen. Not surprising. Whereas in the Witcher, where they only had to deal with Geralt's sexuality. Cyberpunk has to deal with multiple. They were always going to go with 1 option for everyone. It's just more optimal and less time consuming. Though it would have been easier to make everyone bisexual, it just feels more "RPG" when everyone has a sexual preference. So that's what they went with.
It would be at least okay if everyone get at least equal comtent. But male romances sidelined, female romances tied to a story and endings.

Dont get me wrong its nothing game breaking or anything but just.....disappointing ,im kind off baffled that they do all this marketing for judy and having fans fall in love with her just to have them cockblocked because she only prefers females ,the only option for straight male V is panam palmer dont get me wrong she is my favorite female character in the game ,but if Judy was an option i would have looked forward to reit if i played as male V again ,same thing with the witcher 3 where you had triss and yenn and other rpgs with romance like Mass Effect and Persona.
As for Straight Female V i also feel that kerry could have also been a great romance option for her and takemura aswell but sadly none of them are.

i strongly agree with you buddy, i can't tell you enough how much i wanted sexy game, i dont want another Watchdogs clone with cyberpunk theme
Post automatically merged:

but i doubt CDProjekt RED will add more sex stuff to game. After they finish bug fixing they will do maybe a dlc.

Kerry was originally designed as bisexual and CDPR doesn't respect that. I don't see the point. I think it's more important to give players a choice than to support questionable game design choices.
Retconning characters for me regardless of what happened to Kerry is questionable design choice.

I could accept that they make him bi, there isn't any reason for the others to change so that you can bang Them because not happy with your option. Play with the other gender. They are meant to be their own character with their tastes and their independence. Judy doesn't like men, ( and in the game she is clearly not attracted to male V despite his attempts ) deal with it, roleplay a female V for example. I Say this as clearly attracted to Judy.

I am also totally against the idea that players should have the power of god, going against established lore, over characters to please the fanbase fantasies. I'm absolutely allergic to any retcon anyway. I hate that. That's so going in the wrong direction with characters supposed to reflect real persons the most possible, the goal nowadays with AAA rpgs games like those of Bioware..

Just add new.romances. I'd love for Evelyn to start seeing V in a new way.

I play a female V, because I'm female but I'm not interested in women. So, I didn't state that out because I want to romance her. I just want more options in general. If they are too busy to write meaningful romances for every gender and sexual orientation, it would be an option to make all romances bi (clearly not the best option, but for me better than now). That's all.

There are certainly better options, but these also involve more effort.

I played a few hours now and it would have made sense if all romance options are a part of the main story. Because, you know, you have feelings among those characters you met often, that help you or that argued with you. You can build a bond and so on. So, there are plenty of male characters that I already like after playing, even if they were not attractive to me: Obvious choices are Takemura, Victor, or even Mateo. But now I read that the only romance available for me is River. Who? Who the fuck is River? He’s not even a part of the main story. Because I don’t do that many sidequests, I think I would have never met the only romance character for me, if I don’t google this. Seems that equal to you? I also want to romance someone who is in some way part of the main questline.

My sentiments exactly! I think the lack of connection to the main story is what makes the romances feel shallow and pointless at this stage, except for Judy and maybe Kerry. Dismissing major characters is such a waste, and I don't see why they couldn't have romances of their own. Maybe it came down to resources, who knows, but it sure is a major let-down and I hope they'll include more in the future since this game is character-driven. Adding romances with characters like Takemura and Vik could be done, since they already have their bonds with V.

Here's hoping :cry:

i think judy is like triss and panam like yennefer. if u know all endings, one of them hugely push u to panam. And u know what i like the character. Quality over quantity is real :) (english isnt my main lang so be kind xd)

Why is Kerry even considered to be a romance option? His "romance" looks like a fling, very shallow. Same for River tbh. In Bioware games romances were tied to plot and progressed with it gradually which was actually a good decision. In Cyberpunk you just complete character's questline and that's it. V just sleeps with them and then they disappear until the end of the game. Well, at least for male romances it's like this.

Guest 4211861

With romance having been touted as much as it was and to have only one choice per male/female is pathetic. I feel like there were some massive Bethesda levels of dishonesty in selling this game to their audience.
Maybe the moral of CP2077 is never to trust anyone. Witcher 3 remains the best modern 3D RPG. CDPR peaked with Witcher 3, it's all downhill from here.

It is disappointing.
I really though you could romance and have more than one sex scene..
I wanted to romance Meredith way more and going to the point where she would invite me to her rich lifestyle, introducing to corpo stuff and all...

As a straight white male all we get is a older white woman thats completely not my preference. I want my lover to be a thin 'young Gothic" black woman. you don't see people of color represented in this game is much when it comes to women. I hate to say it but this game needs way more diversity for straight males.

Top Bottom