The romance options for straight Female and Male V is disappointing [Mild spoilers]

+
Dont get me wrong its nothing game breaking or anything but just.....disappointing ,im kind off baffled that they do all this marketing for judy and having fans fall in love with her just to have them cockblocked because she only prefers females ,the only option for straight male V is panam palmer dont get me wrong she is my favorite female character in the game ,but if Judy was an option i would have looked forward to it if i replayed as male V again ,same thing with the witcher 3 where you had triss and yenn and other rpgs with romance like Mass Effect and Persona looking forward to romances really helped while replaying these games.
As for Straight Female V i also feel that kerry could have also been a great romance option for her and takemura aswell but sadly none of them are.

Last edited:
Yeah the romance roster is.. really underwhelming, unfortunately. All of these incredibly interesting characters like Vik, Takemura, Hanako, Jackie, Jenkins. They could have potentially had amazing, in-depth romances. I'm disappointed with having only one option to choose from if you're straight, and as a femV, River isn't really my type on top of being somewhat easily missable.

Maybe I just got ahead of myself when they were hyping up romances, I really expected more. Meaningful romance and character relationships are often the highlight of my favorite RPGs, so this was sadly a let down in an otherwise stand-up game. Oh well, maybe they'll include more in the future!

Love the game, but was disappointed to only find to male romance options only one being a straight male, the rest women. Other than that game is great. Hope you'll be able to change your appearance soon as well. Loving the side missions. Tones to do around NC.
So much this. I am a bisexual man IRL. There are all these female choices (as in to choose, not as in choices for female V, although...) My biggest single complaint is the bartender at Rox.. I was honestly pretty disappointed. Mateo or whatever is hot, I was pretty disappointed as you said that there are like two choices. It's a game that boasts immersive rpg stuff, well I want Mateo =P

It is disappointing for everyone. I mean.. we get only four full romance options, one for each gender/sexuality combo (so bi people get two). Which is as limited as you can get and means that if you play a gay or hetero V you have the choice between having a romance and not having a romance if you don't like your assigned one (1) romance option. I am a lesbian woman and I don't like Judy but she is my only choice, so I won't have a romance.

They were hyping up the romances/sex etc so much and that's all we get ? There are some more sex options but they are pretty limited too and there are mainly women to have sex with. I wanted to romance Meredith Stout because she was in allll the promotion material but despite her getting hyped up so much by cdpr she is only a one night stand and hetero. Some players could get the fling with a female V but it's reported to be a bug that will be patched out. Which still only leaves me with Judy. Great.

I’ve been reading around various forum & subreddits, and it seems to be a general consensus that the romance options are pretty limited and disappointing, not just for straight female and male V but for every sexual orientation. I don’t know how aware CD Projekt Red are of this issue. Does anyone knows how to get the feedback through them somehow, or if there’re any of the staff reading this forum at all?
Because I think the best solution is for them to make everyone bisexual through patches or something. Though I do not know if this is possible at this point, because it’d involved additional voice acting and animation for each gender. But in Mass Effect Andromeda, Bioware has patched Jaal from straight to bisexual before, so this practice is not completely unheard of.

If there’re any CD projekt red staff reading this, I’d like to know how plausible this is and would the team consider doing it at one point?

Last edited:
is the acting of these romantic performances that engaging? my preorder was delayed, but the few reviews Ive watched say the romance stuff is kinda cringy

then again, theres probably a good chance they will add more in with DLC, its still kinda early to be criticizing the amount of content... Id rather have quality over quantity and romance isnt the biggest reason Ill be playing this game

is the acting of these romantic performances that engaging? my preorder was delayed, but the few reviews Ive watched say the romance stuff is kinda cringy

then again, theres probably a good chance they will add more in with DLC, its still kinda early to be criticizing the amount of content... Id rather have quality over quantity and romance isnt the biggest reason Ill be playing this game

I've only tried one an i wouldn't have said it was cringy, there is just not much to it, but my playthrough isn't finished an i have no idea how far along i am so maybe theres more but i get the impression theres nothing left so if thats the case then my opinion will be they dont add or do much, i'll see come the end though but right now i've not spoke to her in ages in game simply because her mission was complete an she got nothing to say, typical you helped here have some sex so far an nothing else

This is the only part of the game I'm willing to spoil for myself, because I don't want to think my character (straight female V) can have a relationship with a non-existant option. Happened to me with Skyrim before I looked into it. I was thinking potentially Viktor, Placide, or Kerry. Just got done with the prologue, so my V didn't even meet River yet. Or Kerry, or Placide.

I am disappointed with Kerry romance.
Kerry "sex" scene, for example, is pathetic!
The women scenes are much hotter, more sexual/explicit.
:giveup:

Do you know what his orientation is? Is he a one off?

I feel this, as queer person I am also not into Judy. How weird is that, I didn’t understand why everyone loved her. I also really wanted to romance Stout as well, I also really like Evelyn as well, but she is not an option at all. Overall, I feel the entire romance part of the game is disappointing and underwhelming. I know they wanted the characters to feel more real so they have an assigned sexuality. But a part of me wishes they were all bi. I mean, come on, it’s 2077. Even if one of the characters have an assigned sexuality you can basically make yourself into whatever anyways

Panam/ straight male, River/straight female, Who's the gay male option? Sorry I'm asking in here, but I'm trying to limit my Cyberpunk internet searches.
This is the only part of the game I'm willing to spoil for myself, because I don't want to think my character (straight female V) can have a relationship with a non-existant option. Happened to me with Skyrim before I looked into it. I was thinking potentially Viktor, Placide, or Kerry. Just got done with the prologue, so my V didn't even meet River yet. Or Kerry, or Placide.

Do you know what his orientation is? Is he a one off?

edit: I looked it up, le sigh. Kerry's off the table.

Based on trailers, I expected in addition to existing romances to be able to romance T-Bug, Evelyn, Misty, possibly someone else.

Turns out an average Bioware game has more romances of better quality than cp77. Disappointing, underwhelming, unfinished.

Last edited:
I really wanted to support the developers for being "inclusive" and got my copy from GOG.
However, I am very disappointed on the romance option. How is it "equal" when only certain groups get attractive, interesting and more romance options?
Will get refund and wait for BG3 full release.

Not to mention than in one ending
romancing Panam has big impact. Also you stay with you romance but only if you romance Judy or Panam, and there even cutscenein third person with them. But if you romance Kerry or River there isn't any scenes like that
. Female romances are so involved in main story, but male just a side quests. Also romance with Kerry feels not as romance and more like a one time fling, there isn,t anything romantic with him at all, espetially compared to any other romances. After promised equality in romance content it really dissapointing that there much more focuse on woman than men in romance. And that there isn't any male one time fling like Meredith also dissapointing.

Top Bottom