The second disc for cyberpunk 2077 keeps failing to install please help xbox one x

+
I'm having this exact same issue. I've tried everything from resetting the internet. Hard powering down my Xbox. I even uninstalled what the game had downloaded and tried installing from the beginning. All resulted in the same outcome. My Xbox just wont recognize disc 2. I'm convinced that the disc is blank at this point and that's why it cant read it to continue installing the game. Very, very frustrated at this point. I just want to play the game
Post automatically merged:

It reads disc one fine. I put it back in and it prompts me to insert disc 2 to continue the download. I put in disc 2 and absolutely nothing happens.
I also have had same problem but was an easy fix as I went back into downloads after disk failed and managed to resume install

hello can anyone help me? I have an xbox x, when it asks for the 2 cd during installation and wants to continue installing the installation stops. Now that I have the game on my brother's xbox on s was able to install without any problems. Now I want to transfer the data from my brother's xbox s to mine via the network, but that doesn't work, the installation will immediately stop with any game. If the game wants to transfer from the xbox x to the xbox s, this will work (so the opposite is possible)

Having the exact same issue on x box one s . Won't load disc 2 . On my 2nd attempt
Post automatically merged:

Just to say I managed to overcome this by downloading to my console from the x box app and then confirming I have the game with disc 1.......Now in game

Last edited:
Had same problem since release day, got a second copy of the game and same thing, tryed for days to get it working then just stopped trying cos i was READY TO LOSE MY ****, Im still looking to see if there is an answer or a solution to this problem but there is not 😡 Somebody is going to have to answer to this cos just wait til Christmas day when all of the other people get cyberpunk then they get this problem aswell then all hell will break loose, i would of been one of these people if it was not for it being an early Christmas present since i wanted to play this game back in april and had to wait and NOW i have to wait even longer.

I have the same problem. There is no obvious problems with the disc. However, if you look at the back of both discs under light, disc one has an oily slick look to it. Most xbox games have this. Disc 2 does not and looks more like a dvd. I think that has something to do with the problem.

If anybody sees this please speak up, it may help in determining a problem or a solution. I have had games like this before only to return the disc and get the same kind of disc.

Im on xbox one s
Yes , true. Just checked my discs especially disc 2, both had the distinctive 'oily' look .

Mine worked fine.

I just got mine working by using the Xbox app on my fone and telling it to download to my console, when it finished I clicked on cyberpunk in my games on my Xbox console and it asks to confirm that you own the game, put disc 1 in your Xbox console and click, you need to enable remote features in devices and connections in your Xbox console settings and click on Test remote play if you have not done this before, now use the Xbox app on your mobile phone search for cyberpunk 2077 find the listing that has console next to the game, click on it then click on download to console then a pop up should display with your Xbox, click on your Xbox then it will download on your console, my download was just over 59 gigabytes.

Hey guys, I found the solution. Whenever I installed disc 1 it stopped at about 4.58 gb, so I inserted disc 2 and nothing happened so I paused the install then resumed all. It made the initialization sound for reading discs and after a few moments it continued installation. I'm done with the disc install as of now.

Attachments

• 20201224_071210.jpg
    20201224_071210.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 199
The second disc for cyberpunk 2077 keeps failing to install please help Xbox one x

Update: I returned the game and bought it digitally. Really wanted the stuff that came with a hard copy but owell.
Hi its crazy but a friend had the same problem and it was an easy fix, simply wet your finger and rub it round the disc the put it in and it will read straight away. It worked perfectly i would suggest trying it

I had the same issue with the second disc on x box one s , wouldn't recognise it no matter what, i ended up using my x box app on the phone to download the copy digitaly. Then when it says insert disc I put disc one in

Top Bottom