The second disc for cyberpunk 2077 keeps failing to install please help xbox one x

+
I'm having this exact same issue. I've tried everything from resetting the internet. Hard powering down my Xbox. I even uninstalled what the game had downloaded and tried installing from the beginning. All resulted in the same outcome. My Xbox just wont recognize disc 2. I'm convinced that the disc is blank at this point and that's why it cant read it to continue installing the game. Very, very frustrated at this point. I just want to play the game
Post automatically merged:

I'm having this exact same issue. I've tried everything from resetting the internet. Hard powering down my Xbox. I even uninstalled what the game had downloaded and tried installing from the beginning. All resulted in the same outcome. My Xbox just wont recognize disc 2. I'm convinced that the disc is blank at this point and that's why it cant read it to continue installing the game. Very, very frustrated at this point. I just want to play the game
It reads disc one fine. I put it back in and it prompts me to insert disc 2 to continue the download. I put in disc 2 and absolutely nothing happens.

Did you try cleaning the disc? Are you sure you have enough free space on your harddrive left? Freeing a few GB might help. CP2077 is a pretty massive game and the installation needs a lot of free space.

You can report the issue here:
(there's no topic dealing with the exact same issue so far, so this one will have to do)

If the disc is defective, you might have to return it to where you bought it from.

Did you try cleaning the disc? Are you sure you have enough free space on your hard drive left? Freeing a few GB might help. CP2077 is a pretty massive game and the installation needs a lot of free space.

(there's no topic dealing with the exact same issue so far, so this one will have to do)

If the disc is defective, you might have to return it to where you bought it from.
The disc is fine, not a scratch or smudge anywhere on it. Its brand new out the box. As for free space, how may GB should I have free. I have the Xbox One X with the 1TB hard drive. I currently have over 180GB of free space.

Did you try cleaning the disc? Are you sure you have enough free space on your harddrive left? Freeing a few GB might help. CP2077 is a pretty massive game and the installation needs a lot of free space.

I've done exactly this, the disk is fine and I have over 300gb free on the Xbox. The second disk does not work at all

180GB should be enough.

If completely uninstalling, then restarting the console and installing again doesn't work, it really sounds like the disc is broken for some reason and needs to be returned to where it was bought from...

But maybe CDPR support has another idea...

I have the same problem. There is no obvious problems with the disc. However, if you look at the back of both discs under light, disc one has an oily slick look to it. Most xbox games have this. Disc 2 does not and looks more like a dvd. I think that has something to do with the problem.

If anybody sees this please speak up, it may help in determining a problem or a solution. I have had games like this before only to return the disc and get the same kind of disc.

Im on xbox one s

Last edited:
180GB should be enough.

If completely uninstalling, then restarting the console and installing again doesn't work, it really sounds like the disc is broken for some reason and needs to be returned to where it was bought from...

But maybe CDPR support has another idea...
I've tried all those options yesterday. I spent from about 4pm-3am trying to get the game to install, and was never able to progress any farther than the insert disc 2 prompt. I was planning on returning my copy to the store today and exchanging it for another one. Its like disc 2 is completely blank of code and information. When I get my exchanged copy and this problem still continues, I'm just going to end up having to buy the digital version. Which will suck because I like all the things that came with the boxed game.

I've tried all those options yesterday. I spent from about 4pm-3am trying to get the game to install, and was never able to progress any farther than the insert disc 2 prompt. I was planning on returning my copy to the store today and exchanging it for another one. Its like disc 2 is completely blank of code and information. When I get my exchanged copy and this problem still continues, I'm just going to end up having to buy the digital version. Which will suck because I like all the things that came with the boxed game.

If the second Disc is the Data Disc, couldn't you just donwload the game via the xbox app?
After that just insert the Play disc for verification and Play.

ive already done the exchange thing, dont waste your time. i was already on the phone with Xbox this morning and theres "nothing they can do since i didnt buy it from them" this is very frustrating as ive spent almost 24 hours now just trying to install the damn thing

So I went to gamestop just to get a new copy of the disc because im afraid of going digital rn at least, got the brand new disc...same problem...won't recognize disc 2..it must be a problem with disc 2 itself and not any of us...I've prayed and God himself can't even help this. If anyone has a fix let me know please

yeah sadly i think im going to have to return the game and buy it digitally -_- i didnt want to have to do that but otherwise ill be waiting for forever for a resolution.

yeah sadly i think im going to have to return the game and buy it digitally -_- i didnt want to have to do that but otherwise ill be waiting for forever for a resolution.
Is there any reason for not using the xbox app to download the game to your console and just having disc 1 in to play it? I never even touched disc 2 after I preloaded the game. Same goes for anyone in the thread with disc 2 issues. The only issue with downloading would be slow internet or data caps but if you're going to buy it digitally I'm assuming that doesn't apply so you should be able to download from the xbox app.

Is there any reason for not using the xbox app to download the game to your console and just having disc 1 in to play it? I never even touched disc 2 after I preloaded the game. Same goes for anyone in the thread with disc 2 issues. The only issue with downloading would be slow internet or data caps but if you're going to buy it digitally I'm assuming that doesn't apply so you should be able to download from the xbox app.
yes, i tried. it just tries installing from the console which is still asking for disc 2. theres no way around it, ive been trying since 3pm yesterday.

yes, i tried. it just tries installing from the console which is still asking for disc 2. theres no way around it, ive been trying since 3pm yesterday.

Wow that's really strange. Like I said I never had to take disc 2 out of the box...I guess the inconsistency is part of some other bug. Hopefully, the digital version resolves your issue.

I tried this aswell. Aswell as getting a second copy of the game (the other one is for my brother). Eventhough disc 2 works fine on his xbox, for me it just doesn't . So I really don't understand the issue. I'm at the point of returning the game and buy it digitally.

I tried this aswell. Aswell as getting a second copy of the game (the other one is for my brother). Eventhough disc 2 works fine on his xbox, for me it just doesn't . So I really don't understand the issue. I'm at the point of returning the game and buy it digitally.
do you both have the same series of xbox? because from my research its been an xbox one s issue, everyone else seems to be playing already.

anyhow im going back to the store now for the third time to just get an xbox card and if the digital copy doesnt install im throwing the whole xbox out :'(
Post automatically merged:

Wow that's really strange. Like I said I never had to take disc 2 out of the box...I guess the inconsistency is part of some other bug. Hopefully, the digital version resolves your issue.
i think the problem with this game is they maybe couldnt fit it all on one disc? i really am not sure but it wont even let me preload before finishing installation. rather frustrating

Top Bottom