The shadows in the cutscenes are lowered since the patch 1.03. For sure.

+
The shadows in the cutscenes are lowered since the patch 1.03. For sure.

Look at this soft beautiful shadow on 1.02 patch:

And now look at THIS on 1.03 patch:

Looks like the shadows in cut-scenes are VERY LOW now.

CDPR please fix this in the next patch. The game look really worse now because of this. I hope that downgrade is not your way of optimization.

Attachments

• 6c7d8bc3a658.jpg
    6c7d8bc3a658.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 109
  • e55b2fef8d82.jpg
    e55b2fef8d82.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 113
Yeah I noticed this too, but honestly it doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the missing NPCs. Still it's empirical proof of a 'downgrade', albeit a superficial one.

Yeah I noticed this too, but honestly it doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the missing NPCs.
It bother me, because everything was ok on 1.02 version of the game: NPC doesn't spawn from nowhere in front of player and shadows was gorgeous... Everything was great on 1.02. Problems come with 1.03 patch.

Last edited:
Interesting... cause it's definitely a bug. There is no way in the actual fuck that they would do a downgrade, which has not improved the framerate whatsoever, and expect NO ONE to notice it. I just cannot accept that, CDPR isn't that stupid.

And they freaking had a extra what half a year ? to fix this ( they said we need it to do bugs and make the game better?)

i dont frecking see what all that extra time went into, because it wasent this game that's for sure!

what company is this gearbox software ?

( randy pitchford are you there somewhere is this a joke ) ?

Last edited:
ALIEN: CM was abandoned by Gearbox to another studio, one I've never heard of before, and they ruined the game. Gearbox tossed it away to focus on Borderlands 2.

Anywho...

This is, technically, CDPR first multiplatform game, and the 8th Gen consoles aren't impressive, and likely to achieve the original goal they had, the consoles aren't up to par, and CDPR wants to say "THESE CONSOLES ARE SHIT! 9TH GEN PLEASE!"

Or they just had a really difficult time with PS4 and OpenGL and optimization on PS4 in general. They did say that PS4 was a challenge, and though not anywhere near PS3 with Cell Core, which CDPR has gone on to saying that architecture is an absolute nightmare (Or was it another studio?)

Game needs further optimization. PS4 Ver. should have been delayed. CDPR need to balance optimization and functionality without sacrificing visual quality.

If Gearbox could do that with Borderlands on PS4, CDPR can as well.

ALIEN: CM was abandoned by Gearbox to another studio, one I've never heard of before, and they ruined the game. Gearbox tossed it away to focus on Borderlands 2.

Anywho...

This is, technically, CDPR first multiplatform game, and the 8th Gen consoles aren't impressive, and likely to achieve the original goal they had, the consoles aren't up to par, and CDPR wants to say "THESE CONSOLES ARE SHIT! 9TH GEN PLEASE!"

Or they just had a really difficult time with PS4 and OpenGL and optimization on PS4 in general. They did say that PS4 was a challenge, and though not anywhere near PS3 with Cell Core, which CDPR has gone on to saying that architecture is an absolute nightmare (Or was it another studio?)

Game needs further optimization. PS4 Ver. should have been delayed. CDPR need to balance optimization and functionality without sacrificing visual quality.

If Gearbox could do that with Borderlands on PS4, CDPR can as well.

Not just 1 stuido multilple stuidos they even took the money they got from ( sega) for the aliens colonial mariens game and spend most of it on
borderlands 2.

but anyway we should actually have seen this coming, since they gave up on the witcher 1 for ps3 long ago. ( rise of the white wolf)

but i do agree with you witcher 3 for ps4 should have been delayed.

OMG, thanks for capturing that, as it also an issue in general if you look at buildings, your armor and weather effects, (specially under the morning lightning) they have just been ninja downgraded *for no reason* (Xbox version), no performance upgrade.

And while I know the PS4 is suffering from fps issues, the Xbox version was fine, I don't see why they couldn't just fix the PS4 to handle things the same or better than Xbox.

Instead they downgraded everyone, and unlike PC, we cannot manually select which effects and quality we desire.

Last edited:
I still want to believe this "downgrade" wasn't done intentionally, and will be resolved, eventually. If it was done intentionally then CDPR must think were blind moronic fools that wouldn't notice, and especially considering this did absolutely nothing to improve performance.

Optimization doesn't mean degrade graphics and visual quality.

I still want to believe this "downgrade" wasn't done intentionally, and will be resolved, eventually. If it was done intentionally then CDPR must think were blind moronic fools that wouldn't notice, and especially considering this did absolutely nothing to improve performance.

Optimization doesn't mean degrade graphics and visual quality.

Amen.

4AGAMES is testament to optimizing a game without the sacrifice of visual quality, or, more importantly optimizing a game engine while providing even greater graphics and visuals over the previous, where the previous game originally ran like shit.

CDPR aren't full of incompetent developers whatsoever, and I do believe these issues will be resolved, as I've said time and again.. optimization of a game doesn't require downgrading visuals, nor should it.

Despite the 8th Gen consoles being underwhelming, they aren't absolute pieces of shit. KILLZONE, inFAMOUS, MGSV, Metro: REDUX, DriveClub, ALIEN: Isolation, Far Cry 4. All these games, while vary in genres, all look amazing on PS4 and all of them run completely stable (majority of the time) Metro: REDUX being the ONLY game(s) on PS4 to run 1080p @60FPS FLAWLESSLY.

Witcher 3 can run stable @30FPS without loss of visual quality. CDPR just need to further optimize (AND TEST) these patches.

Top Bottom