The sheer scale of Night City

+
yeah, but I imagined something like 70% of TW3' extension. Here it SEEMS smaller than just novigrad+velen. It can't take 3 minutes to navigate the whole map by car.

I've actually proven earlier that TW3's map was pretty small. It only seemed big because you could traverse it only either on foot or by horse.
Cyberpunk's world will be bigger than TW3's.

I've also proven earlier that the city will be traversable in 4-5 minutes at normal gamer speed (e.g. pretty fast) and 3.5-4 minutes at super-high (basically max?) speed.

I've actually proven earlier that TW3's map was pretty small. It only seemed big because you could traverse it only either on foot or by horse.
Cyberpunk's world will be bigger than TW3's.

I've also proven earlier that the city will be traversable in 4-5 minutes at normal gamer speed (e.g. pretty fast) and 3.5-4 minutes at super-high (basically max?) speed.

It was not small, or at least not for my tastes. BTW, CP77's will be smaller, it is already confirmed. How much smaller we don't know. From a totally nonsensical impression I got from that map, is a lot smaller.

If it's going to be as big as the whole GTA V map, but covered for the most of it by skyscrapers, I'm happy. It's just for immersion's sake.

I remember an interview where they said that the world will be a little smaller than TW3 but will gain overall because of verticality.

What I did was look at a distance in Witcher 3 that I thought was similar to a two-lane street in GTA 5, I then drew a line on Witcher 3's map and then aligned the scales and found out that Witcher 3's Velen was at least a few times smaller than GTA 5's map.

I remember an interview where they said that the world will be a little smaller than TW3 but will gain overall because of verticality.

There gotta be at least 3 floor, subway, ground lvl and we have already seen theres second floor to the city too. Witcher 3 only had one lvl.

The more I think about it, the more I think Heywood is actually the NE district here, and Westbrook is the southern part of the center island, viewable from Pacifica (in the Deep Dive and screenshots). You see those little squiggly roads off to the top right? I think that's a suburban area, possibly. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just badlands. Dunno.

What I do know is, there's no way those towering skyscrapers viewable from Pacifica, which would be southwest part of the map ABOVE Pacifica, are Heywood. It's not suburban at all, looks just like any other super dense part of the city.

1579382892957.png

Someone made an awesome re-drawing of the original map. It looks very detailed now.

iZrdeyT.png

The city limits/district boundaries are a bit off.
Aside from that, this actually tells us that this map for sure is SIMPLIFIED and that the real map is actually DENSER than what is depicted here.

Just compare the number of skyscrapers visible in the Westbrook cluster, and the number of blue blobs supposedly representing single buildings in the place where the Westbrook cluster is supposed to be located.

It's off. It's simplified.

Someone used my height calculations :)3) and a map similar to the above one and is trying to recreate Night City in Sketchup. It looks amazing, but is ultimately based on the simplified version of the map.

jyp7rVY.png

(right-click for full size)

Thus we can safely assume the map will look even DENSER than that.
Amazing.

Holy cow, that’s some dedication! At this rate we’ll have more knowledge about the game’s city than what a developer diary might give us before CDPR releases such developer diary :LOL: Good job to the people who did those two maps :cool: It’s easier to notice some extra details now, like what looks like a dam in the "urban" edge of Santo Domingo (if it were the case then it’s no longer operational I assume, since it has a neighborhood right below it). I did see the fanmade 3D map on the subreddit a while ago but only at a glance, the other one I haven’t seen it before.

Last edited:
Aside from that, this actually tells us that this map for sure is SIMPLIFIED and that the real map is actually DENSER than what is depicted here.

Way simplified. By carefully observing, one can confirm that the road network in the book cover derived map only seems to feature the main thoroughfares, rather than smaller back streets. As well as only featuring maybe third of the buildings? Less?

Top Bottom