The sheer scale of Night City

+
On Cyberpunk 2077’s subreddit, u/devianaut has published an updated version of their Night City map, now with more accurate-ish district borders and with different layers of information:

[Source]

That area south of Pacifica still intrigues me. I have two theories about it: it’s either a housing project (Rancho Coronado? Which by the way was southeast of Pacifica in 2020’s lore) or, most likely, farmland (Biotechnica’s?)

I hope Devianaut finds people that can help with the creation of the interactive version of this map, it could end up being pretty helpful :ok:

One thing is interesting me. Santo Domingo, the district in the bottom right corner, is supposed to be Night City's powerhouse. But where are the power plants? I see neither conventional power plants nor solar farms. I can only see the big dam. Maybe Night City is powered by hydroelectric power?
Post automatically merged:

Also I feel sorry for devianaut because the map is 100% certainly simplified and the actual map looks denser.

Would be awesome if he attempted to visualize this map as denser, maybe with his own creative additions

is that official?
q6hnw2jh8uh41.jpg

Doubt it, looks more of a concept art or something, but mesmerizing nonetheless
would be nice if we get a wallpaper of that

Like pretty much everyone here, I want this game to have as much content as possible and I find it easy to start fretting that it'll be a much shorter game than I'd hope. I'd like the game to have 80+ hours of content in the first playthrough, preferably closer to 100. I'm greedy like that.

However, nothing I see here makes me think the map is small or limited. Like some people have suggested, I think the actual map will be denser, with more side streets and alleys with corresponding nooks and cranny's. Add all the indoor areas and I think it'll be fine.

Not long ago I went through the Hong Kong of Sleeping Dogs and was reminded of how much character and how many gameplay areas you can cram into a city that has some sort of verticality. Rooftops, alleyways, docks, waterways leading to sewers or undercity areas, clubs, temples, parks, shopping malls etc,. And that's in a last-gen game that's far smaller in scope to CP2077.

Then when I think of the size of GTA5 and about how the world actually feels quite limited in comparison to its sheer size and outward appearance, something I don't see happening with CP2077, given CDPR's goals.

Deus Ex HR took me 35 hours in my first playthrough and I expect CP to be far greater in scope, not to mention that DXHR wasn't even a true open-world as such.

So yeah, I find it interesting and enjoyable to see what people are discovering/surmising from available data, (btw, thanks for all your efforts! :) ) but I'm not concerned from a gameplay point of view. I think the size and scope is there and I trust them to fill it with interesting side-content (street-stories, I think they're calling them?), given my experience with W3.

Last edited:
Of course, it is official its in their offices lol

Yet they used this for their trailer. They are heading to right direction if asked from me. That above picture is more like industrial world to me than Cyberpunk.

maxresdefault.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Like pretty much everyone here, I want this game to have as much content as possible and I find it easy to start fretting that it'll be a much shorter game than I'd hope. I'd like the game to have 80+ hours of content in the first playthrough, preferably closer to 100. I'm greedy like that.

Speak for yourself, I think if triple A games can offer 60 hour of content for 60 bucks thats a good deal. Its 1 hour of entertainment for 1 buck. Much better than Movie industry can offer for example.

Last edited:
Speak for yourself, I think if triple A games can offer 60 hour of content for 60 bucks thats a good deal. Its 1 hour of entertainment for 1 buck. Much better than Movie industry can offer for example.

I don't think it works like that. There's a lot into 1 hour game. Graphics, audio, 3D, programming,...
It shouldn't be 1 hour 1 dollar.

I don't think it works like that. There's a lot into 1 hour game. Graphics, audio, 3D, programming,...
It shouldn't be 1 hour 1 dollar.

I rushed through RDR2 and it took me 42 hour, at least Rockstar is quite close to think like I am. i think the days are gone where one could sell their games by offering zillion hour of content. If I was CDPR I would match to RDR2.

Yet they used this for their trailer. They are heading to right direction if asked from me. That above picture is more like industrial world to me than Cyberpunk.
That's because the concept art is showing Santo Domingo, not Watson. Santo Domingo is an industrial part of the city....

Do we really know that?
I mean it's concept art and therefore has probably nothing to do with the final look.
We know Santo Domingo is an industrial district and that art looks like it. Its safe to assume it represents that. There's even a dam on the right which we can also find on the map we got, though positioned differently.

That's a lot of assumptions. Look how close the center and the mega buildings are.

I wouldn't read too much into this concept piece. And where do you see a dam?

I dont understand why it's so hard to believe that concept art of what looks like an industrial district is most likely an industrial district that is confirmed to be in the game? lol
Of course, it may look different here than in the game now, but that is the case with most concept art.

Top Bottom