The sheer scale of Night City

+
Well done, although i think the border between Well Springs and Downtown might not be accurate since we didn't see it yet
secondly, i can't help but worry about the City Center, it looks smaller than what i imagined but i hope im proven wrong
Post automatically merged:

I came across this screenshot today which i haven't seen before, i guess its one of those which got teased during the NCW countdown but most didn't see it

View attachment 11051765

regardless, if im not mistaken, its a glimpse of the 4 subdistricts of watson
kabuki bottom left, little china top left, bottom right is northside and deeper is arasaka waterfront which i recognized by those three "blocks" from the concept art, also that "thorn" looking structure can be seen behind a megabuilding on the right.. i think

View attachment 11051777
I was sure this was Santo Domingo before this post.

Well done, although i think the border between Well Springs and Downtown might not be accurate since we didn't see it yet
secondly, i can't help but worry about the City Center, it looks smaller than what i imagined but i hope im proven wrong

I came across this screenshot today which i haven't seen before, i guess its one of those which got teased during the NCW countdown but most didn't see it

View attachment 11051765

regardless, if im not mistaken, its a glimpse of the 4 subdistricts of watson
kabuki bottom left, little china top left, bottom right is northside and deeper is arasaka waterfront which i recognized by those three "blocks" from the concept art, also that "thorn" looking structure can be seen behind a megabuilding on the right.. i think

View attachment 11051777
received_401822454108904.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1035214842.jpeg

Yeah, I can see it

As much as I want a gigantic map which most games has spoiled us to this in open world games nowadays. Give me more things to do than I can comprehend and I'm fine with that. Had a blast with small maps as long as I can be entertained in them.

As much as I want a gigantic map which most games has spoiled us to this in open world games nowadays. Give me more things to do than I can comprehend and I'm fine with that. Had a blast with small maps as long as I can be entertained in them.
This isn't even a small map, its just represents the scale very poorly. Also, the badlands are not included.

Dumping some concepts, thanks to @Kalenko4 on twitter

Japantown

1.jpg

North Oak

Apartment.jpg

North Oak.jpg

Corpo Plaza

Corpo Plaza.jpg

Arasaka Building.jpg

Glen

Glen.jpg

Vista Del Rey

Vista Del Rey.jpg

Wellsprings

Wellsprings.jpg

Kabuki

Kabuki.jpg

Rancho Coronado

Rancho Coronado.jpg

Oilfields (north of Watson)

Oilfields.jpg

Last edited:
Superb artworks, as always. There’s no subdistrict in the game that looks uninteresting to me from a concept art standpoint :ok:I hope this book eventually gets released in my country and in spanish, since I already own its Witcher equivalent (The World of the Witcher, third edition) in spanish as well. Otherwise, I’ll just get the english edition through Amazon, no big deal.

If in-game North Oak looks anything like its concept art then it’s going to become easily one of my most visited subdistricts in the city for the views alone... security forces notwithstanding :LOL:

Thank you very
Dumping some concepts, thanks to @Kalenko4 on twitter

Japantown

View attachment 11052896

North Oak

View attachment 11052941

View attachment 11052938

Corpo Plaza

View attachment 11052926

View attachment 11052944

Glen

View attachment 11052929

Vista Del Rey

View attachment 11052932

Wellsprings

View attachment 11052935

Kabuki

View attachment 11052947

Rancho Coronado

View attachment 11052950

Oilfields (north of Watson)

View attachment 11052953

Thank you very much. I needed this.

So no Badlands' pics on the book?

It didn't look small from everything I've seen but, there still seems to be a lot of concern about size.

Night City is approximately 2/3 as wide on the east-west axis as it is tall on the north-south axis. The badlands believed to be around twice the size of Night City.

The north-south axis has been calculated to be approximately ~8-9km. In which case the east-west axis is ~5-6km.

Therefor Night City square area of ~40-54km^2, and the badlands are then ~120-162km~2. Which would make the map as CDPR said, slightly smaller than Wild Hunt's map, if we go by the lower bounds of the calculation for the total NC+Badlands area.

Since people love making comparisons to GTA map sizes, Night City alone is roughly the size of the dry land area of GTA V. Which according to calculations made on the GTA forums is 48,15km^2.

wait.. does that include the badlands or not
since its referring to night city (6 districts/16 sub districts)
75km^2 is quite big

wait.. does that include the badlands or not
since its referring to night city (6 districts/16 sub districts)
75km^2 is quite big

It does seem to refer to Night City specifically, so that would exclude badlands (which by definition shouldn't be NC).

Whether its correct though, that is up to discussion.. Im reminded of the collectors edition statue and dual wielding..

75km^2 is quite big

That would be a square with sides of about 8,6 km. It's not that large tbh.

That would be a square with sides of about 8,6 km. It's not that large tbh.

Bigger than any videogame city thus far.

Assassin's Creed Unity's Paris may have been bigger. But it's up there with the big 'uns.

[edit]: Ok, in terms of accessible size, AssCreed Unity was small afterall. So NC is back on top.

Last edited:
Top Bottom