The small design flaws and oddities

+
It must have been pretty low on the list of things the developers were concerned about when making the last 2-3 hours of the main story, to be honest. On the other hand, at least we got a great new outfit for Vimme Vivaldi with the GOTY edition. :p

sv3672;n9414081 said:
It must have been pretty low on the list of things the developers were concerned about when making the last 2-3 hours of the main story, to be honest.

Yeah, but it's like so in your face...I can't believe I'm saying it, but I wish she had less screen time. Or was shot from the back at least.

sv3672;n9414081 said:
On the other hand, at least we got a great new outfit for Vimme Vivaldi with the GOTY edition. :p

lol don't know how we lived without it.

sv3672;n9409851 said:
It probably was not considered a high priority issue (compared to the list of other bugs), or the ragdoll effects are intentionally exaggerated because it looks "cool" to the average player, it gives the impression of the hits having a greater impact.

I'm talking about when you kill a Nekker. They die, do their "reaching one hand in the air" death animation, lie down, then fly 20 feet (approx) in the air for no reason.

Zyvik;n9413631 said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned this atrocity
Seriously, what the hell? It's not just OOC for Rita, it's OOC for pretty much the entire magical community. Just imagine all those days spend on that small boat (wich has only one bedroom by the way).

How could they survive the stink!? :eek:

It was a weird oversight. It would have made more sense just not to have her come out of prison all scrapped up. Dandelion was in prison, not a hair out of place.

As for how could they survive the stink, I don't think people in this game sh*t!
No one toilet, not one outhouse, not one chamber pot, not one mention of anybody ever taking a sh*t.

NukeTheMoon;n9448351 said:
It was a weird oversight. It would have made more sense just not to have her come out of prison all scrapped up. Dandelion was in prison, not a hair out of place.

Probably because for most of his screen time, the "clean" appearance makes more sense, while for Margarita Laux-Antille the important scenes are in the prison. And multiple outfits and textures (beaten, tortured, etc.) were only considered for main characters, although Dandelion actually is in that category. While it is indeed weird that Margarita still looks the same on Skellige as in the prison, even though a fairly long time must have passed since then, fixing this kind of detail really must have been among the lesser of the developers' concerns given how much content had to be cut or reworked in the final act of the game and it already had to be delayed twice.

As for how could they survive the stink, I don't think people in this game sh*t!
No one toilet, not one outhouse, not one chamber pot, not one mention of anybody ever taking a sh*t.

That is a detail that is indeed not shown in most games.

Ayyub;n8176860 said:
1. There is a siege tower standing right in the middle of the field, on the northern side of Fyresdal. Who built it there and why is a mystery, since on Skellige there are no fortresses with high walls near it.

It might've been teleported there. ;)

Ayyub;n8176860 said:
1. There is a siege tower standing right in the middle of the field, on the northern side of Fyresdal. Who built it there and why is a mystery, since on Skellige there are no fortresses with high walls near it.

There is actually an explanation for that in the leaked documents. It was built by a warlord during an old war who believed that this siege tower will serve as a symbol of his power, but it turned out to be a poorly thought out decision and siege tower ended up stuck in a ditch in a middle of battlefield. Seeing as this is the only siege tower in Skellige, most likely no one else thought this was a good idea.

Zyvik;n9413631 said:
I'm surprised no one mentioned this atrocity

Seriously, what the hell? It's not just OOC for Rita, it's OOC for pretty much the entire magical community. Just imagine all those days spend on that small boat (wich has only one bedroom by the way). How could they survive the stink!? :eek:

I see that still bothers you a lot :D
IIRC there was a mod on nexus for exactly this problem.
I know, not really the same, but at least something.

Krull32;n9459441 said:
I see that still bothers you a lot :D

How could you tell? :D

It'll bother me for eternity. Just like this:
And this:
And this:
And this:
Fringilla Vigo - 13 lines of dialogue (three of them are bugged)

Guest 3847602

Zyvik;n9461491 said:
Fringilla Vigo - 13 lines of dialogue (three of them are bugged)

Cheer up, it's always good to remember how additional lines for her could have looked like without divine intervention of "last minute content removal".
Sometimes less is more. ;)

Explain me to me how a sawmill works.
I didn't notice the mechanism that starts up the saw frame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom