the story felt pointless and short (major spoilers)

+
i finally finished the game as i spent half of the time reloading because of quest breaking bugs and i feel disappointed, after like 4 hours of gameplay i was already near the end where you have to speak to takemura near the docks i stopped playing and started doing side missions thinking the game was just getting started but no this is all thats left after that parade heist, getting captured, the end, what i thought was a quarter through the game was pretty much the ending, choices didn't matter so why even put them there, when i decided to let v live as johnny v was pushing me getting angry making me think this was the selfish choice i was so confused, the endings also were really disappointing i felt so excited thinking oh my is the epilogue a short story set on a space station do i get to shoot people in zero gravity is there more to this ending this is going to be so much.... oh it's over., those are the thoughts going through my mind as i was approaching the station looking at my character then it just ended

With the witcher i am 1+ years on this game and i still have not finished it i am at the very end now and i got exhausted from it so i paused it a little here and there started the game like a year ago still not finished yet along the dlcs same there i play the game walking through it as i don't want to leave any loot.

one thing i did like and didn't like is that the game resets you after the ending so any choice you make anything you do doesn't matter i am a hoarder so i defeated smasher while being overweight as i didn't want to lose my loot having to dash it was impossible then i realize none of it mattered as i never got to keep my loot any way so i did the other endings and had so much fun not having to worry about picking up loot and saving money on what cyberware to get i got the cyberware i needed for that specific ending i ignored all loot and just ran through it and that was so much more fun than walking through the game because i can't ignore loot, the game also never even hints that takumura can be saved when he is captured so i ran out the building thinking he had escaped i didn't even think he died during the fight then i find out he did die and that you could save him, the game did nothing to tell you this nothing at all.

i feel this game would have been better as a linear game like bioshock much better with more story where the free roaming comes after you finish it, free roaming games ruin the story as you stop focusing on the story itself and get overwhelmed, you could have done so much more with this game added the space epilogue properly, made johnny a bossfight depending on your choices, explore more of the black wall more explanations more lore i feel this game had half of it's story cut out, most of the story you get is the shortstories, panam etc those are good stories in themselves

Last edited:
As @Cyber.D.G. mentioned, welcome to the club, you should definitely check the threads on the endings, the best one is the almost (probably already there by now) 7K comments thread, all great discussions, ideas, insights and overall rants.

But yeah, the game suffers (as many others do) of having a lot of advertisement, good marketing but then failing miserably to deliver what they advertised, this will most likely end up in a scheme similar to ME releases adding DLCs to one game, then getting another CyberPunk game if it makes enough money and they can milk it for more (they probably can) then add DLCs for such game and move towards another one with MOAR dlcs, gotta make that chaching you know.

All in all a true shame they missed (or cut in this case) so much content and left so many plot holes.

As I said in other threads...

Looking at the gameplay videos and demos before release is heartbreaking.

The game was so much better in every single aspect shown on those that it's insane... even the interface was better.

I want that game, the one from the demos, please.

Yep.

Marketing, old videos, and numerous hints in the game suggest that it was very much a game where you could set your motivation.

Did you want to be a legend, did you want to try to make a difference in night city, did you want to take on the gangs or the corporations - did you want a fancy mansion and morals be damned.

We got the "Last Adventure of Johnny Silverhand" and a bunch of really great stuff we didn't spend as much time on.

You're right though - had the game had that as a Skyrim-esque - linear main quest where before, after and during we had a lot more free reign to explore the relationships between people and groups and interact with them a lot more. It could have been something spectacular.

This says it all:

Maybe at this point they should announce they will re release the game, like SE very successfully did with FFXIV, at some point in 2021.

I dont know if its possible to actually fix cyberpunk, game is half baked at almost every levels, idk if its possible to patch it

Last edited:
I dont know if its possible to actually fix cyberpunk, game is half baked at almost every levels, idk if its possible to patch it
Unfortunately I doubt they will fix the game. It will stay mediocre at best. Another title in the Infamous Halls of missed opportunities.

Maybe they should just re release the game (?).
Unfortunately I doubt they will fix the game. It will stay mediocre at best. Another title in the Infamous Halls of missed opportunities.
Post automatically merged:

Breaks my heart : (

I get the impression that the main dev cycle issue with CP77 was down to changing tack in 2018, and refocusing on a different type of game than they had already planned on.

That probably meant throwing out a lot of existing work, then writing a story and all the dialogue, voice recording, mocap, coding quests, etc and so on. That's a lot to take on at that late stage in a game's development.

If they had stuck with the open world RPG idea they originally marketed, things might have been better.

Might...

That's just personal opinion though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom