The studio needs our support!

+
They got our support from people purchasing their product. CDPR created this fiasco and they deserve nothing further from anyone until they produce the product their marketing and interviews said we would get. This is a multibillion-dollar company, not some individual going through a bad spot in life. As it stands right now they are no better than any other developer over-promising and not delivering, they even went so far as to take jabs at other developers for their underhanded practices. The sad part is that even if they add in all the stuff and bring the game to where it was supposed to be they will never regain the level of trust from the community they had before. The game as it stands now is mediocre, shallow, and full of unrealized potential like so many games by other devs. The worst part is that I was truly hoping this game would be great and the loss of faith now that CDPR is just another dev putting out a half-baked product is making me consider hanging up gaming.

Last edited:
Support is not returning the game.

Kudos.

This is THE most sensible post I've read on these forums recently.

The game is barely three weeks out of the gate. So I don't really see a need to collect our feedback for a whole new game. Especially when the solution is as simple as adding back/implementing as much of what they initially advertised as possible, and releasing it in content patches (NOT paid DLC) over the next 6 months to a year. It's a LOT easier to swallow changes to the story/mechanics when it's not paid content. Hell, I'd replay it after every patch just to see what's different, and how the latest changes affect the game.

Drop the multiplayer plan, release content patches to bring the game closer in line to what was originally advertised, and then put out a couple of DLCs to flesh out the story. THEN worry about a multiplayer aspect, IF it makes sense.

Hey, the devs have my complete support and best wishes, they're absolutely fantastic despite my bitching and whining about bugs (they'll get it sorted out). The publishing and marketing on the other hand? I hope they receive the legal/law suit equivalent of a very rough proctological exam.

Kudos.

The game is barely three weeks out of the gate. So I don't really see a need to collect our feedback for a whole new game. Especially when the solution is as simple as adding back/implementing as much of what they initially advertised as possible, and releasing it in content patches (NOT paid DLC) over the next 6 months to a year. It's a LOT easier to swallow changes to the story/mechanics when it's not paid content. Hell, I'd replay it after every patch just to see what's different, and how the latest changes affect the game.

Drop the multiplayer plan, release content patches to bring the game closer in line to what was originally advertised, and then put out a couple of DLCs to flesh out the story. THEN worry about a multiplayer aspect, IF it makes sense.

They should drop their multiplayer plans entirely and focus on making this game the single player experience they promised we would get.

Rddc

Forum regular
I just want what I paid for.
An RPG Game with a great immersed World and decisions that affect that World, life and people around you.

I want what I paid for.
Exactly! And I had real hope CDPR would work through the bugs and glitches and add DLC to provide the game as it was described. Instead they sold me a game then began deleting things from it. At this point I would settle for what I had the day the game was released. Instead I have this censored version I never asked for.

Kudos.

Drop the multiplayer plan entirely, it is not CDPR's cup of tea. They write stories not open-world multiplayer content. I think folks also need to manage their expectations better. At least one of the of the planned features that was scraped was impossible to implement on anything. That is the fashion system. People want more gear and clothes and I agree with that, but we currently have 6 clothing slots + that optional outfit slot. If there are say 15 choices for each slot, that gets us over 150 million outfit combinations that have to be calculated by every reactant NPC to determine how they react to your outfit, and it has to be done for each NPC in a scene in real time.

If they add in more individual pieces they could do a more limited outfit system where instead of reacting to you based off the clothes you wear, each piece is assigned a value and stat (cool, intimidating, intellectual, grungy and edgy for instance) and the NPCs react to the stat that is highest based off your current value, that might be doable, much more so than the fashion system most people are referring to where they react to the outfits based off the actual visual appeal, and it gives modder's a good framework to work within.

Really I just want better AI, apartments (and the ability to decorate them), some improvements to factions, some balance patches for enemies AND the player (netrunning needs to either be toned down for the player or buffed to all hell for the enemies) and more story content, both side and main quest content. Flesh out the gangs (via quest lines and missions), fill more of the interiors and unlock some of the damned doors around the map, add more stuff for working for and against the corpo's and maybe add some missions to resolve the issues introduced at the end of the game.

They should drop their multiplayer plans entirely and focus on making this game the single player experience they promised we would get.
I wouldnt mind a Multiplayer to be honest, it would open up RP with other players. Would be really great... AFTER they fixed the game and added everything of course.

Reminds me of people these days. You build a relationship over years. You trust each other. You would never turn your back on them. Then one day something goes wrong. Instead of reasoning and rationally looking at the situation you decide you never want to see them ever again. Don't ever talk to me again! Sounds just like the people here in this forum.

They knew how bad it was on Xbox One and PS4. That was a big mistake not to tell everyone and they should be faulted for whoever made that decision. Otherwise no company knows how bad it will be on PC since there are so many combinations of PCs. Their testing bed is only so big. Performance patches and bug fixes already coming. It will be great.

Least we all got a mostly whole game. If you want disappointment look at all of us that dumped money into star citizen. I considered my money gone after a few years with nothing to show for it. Maybe we can look at all the other games with nothing but microtransactions to get anywhere. Believe new games on xbox and playstation are going to cost $70 instead of $60 now. CDProjekt stayed at $60 instead of milking everyone even more. Instant gratification by people is crazy these days. Go play phone game.

CDProjekt Red is the current last hope for AAA gaming studios. I wouldn't bail so fast.

I can understand people being upset and for good reasons, they are passionate and invested and I am sure that devs feel their grief since it was them that wanted to only give you best they could under circumstances.
And it is okey to voice your disappointment, it is even better to offer suggestions and ways to improve and deliver on missed promises down the line. It is probably best to not lose hope and show faith and encourage them to continue their commitment.

To each their own I guess, I can only speak for myself in the end. What I have seen for the past 2 weeks since release was non stop bashing from all sides and I felt truly bad for the devs. When I started Cyberpunk I was amazed and I still am, sure the visual bugs for me were there too, (I play on a high end pc so I understand I might not be the majority) but even aside from them the attention to detail and the love of craft and passion for their creation can be felt all over Night City. I was constantly surprised and treated to dialogue and story, characters I ended up loving. Sure I have things I miss too, some things i was hoping for and new things I never thought I would really beg for to be improved. But what is already here to me is really remarkable already, and with more time and dedication it can easily be an industry defining standard and a lifetime memorable experience.

I don't blame you for being cynical. But at some point you should stop kicking them while they are already in the dirt and help them pick up and guide them back. We aren't unforgiving and lacking in understanding, and the devs are probably in way worse state than we can imagine to be right now due to the launch issues and cut content.
And if devs really are here to find some encouragement me and am sure many others are more than ready to give it. They are regular people at the end of the day and all wish the same for this game as you and I. It must be so terrifying to work in this industry if we are gonna treat them the way some do nowadays.

I have written long ago a letter of support so I'll include it here.
Cyberpunk 2077 is by far the best game I have ever played, it is a love letter to gamers and humanity. The kind dedicated people working on it have put love and soul into every bit and part of it. The stories told here have changed my perspective on so many things in life and its a beautiful masterpiece in each sentence. Thank you for making Judy, there has never been anything in this media that impacted me like her character and story and the way its told. Night City and all its tales unfolding in such details hold still so much potential and bring so many possibilities.

The single most important things i could ever hope to say to all the devs, and i hope it reaches them, would be;

"A true artist will put out his work naked, honest, and without any shields or pretenses, he will suffer through all the blows of critique and scorn. And after that, next time he presents his work he will present it in the same way." This is what i see in all of you that have probably twisted everything you hold dear in your artwork to the point of doubt even, just to deliver this honest and true expression of love and affection for beauty and life. So i beg of you, i beg of you don't ever doubt your place in life at this moment, what you have delivered us is only possible because of each and every one of you working on this, no one could have done what you did, don't ever doubt it. You have changed peoples lives, you have changed peoples relationships to each other, you have shown true beauty and opened so many eyes to it and we are all better for it, thanks to you! And if you ever dare forget that, I promise, I promise ill get me a job at CDPR to remind you in person! I beg of you don't ever give up on your visions and ambitions for this selfless gift of beauty. I beg of you to never allow click hungry vultures to cloud your creative minds and stall your ideas. I beg of you to forgive those that don't see or realize how much you have given to create this wonderful place and all the characters inside it, please be and stay patient with us all. And lastly i beg you for more Judy, pls.... ( ._.)
Stay well chooms, be safe and have lovely holidays and new year <3

I gave them enough support with my $60 I won’t be getting back.

I am giving them more support than they should be allowed for giving them the benefit of the doubt that they might make the game NOT crash every other hour and maybe—MAYBE make the game back into what we were promised.

They don’t need any more support from us. We’ve paid them for a product that wasn’t as advertised. The burden is on them to actually deliver the product as advertised, even if it takes half a year to do so.

Regardless of what they do, I may never buy another product from them again, especially on launch.

Supporting your favorite game devs is all fine and dandy. But there's limits to everything. I think it's fair to say that people still do have hope for CP77 and want to see it become a better game.

But, if these changes to the game come via bugfixes/hotfixes through-out the year there's a very finite amount of support I can give.

Imagine waking up nearing the ends of 2021 and CP77 is finally patched, you've exhausted so much effort in trying to support a game that's been dead for 10months.

People are actually moving away from this game at this point. And no ammount of "oh we're going to fix it later" is going to save it, unless they take massive steps to make that happen.

So yeah, support is important, but I can see that come January the hotfix is not going to bring very many people back.
The sooner people realize this game at best was a good open beta or an Early Access the better.

Best type of support you can give is hope they take 50-70% of all the community feedback and come back with a massive hotfix in like 8-12months. But it's sad how far fetched that is to happen.

Still hoping the best for CP77. It's a good game.

Again, let me break this down for people who are still catching up:
  • 13 million copies sold at $60 each IS resounding support. Given this is a commercial relationship/business transaction, no further support SHOULD be needed.
  • "We" are not responsible for the actions of internet randos. If certain bad actors are rude, send death threats, etc, that is beyond the control of any individual, and the onus is not "ours" to compensate.
  • CDPR violated community trust, and forfeited the support and respect they might have been owed, when they pulled what they did with the console launch, to say nothing of the launch overall.
If you want to praise CDPR for what you like about the game, go ahead. But there is no collective "need" to give them more support than they already have in ample amounts. Honestly, they're getting off light all things considered.

If they deliver what was promised
this would be game of the century. Yes I get it the message at the top of the screen in the gameplay trailer but they took it a little too far with the cuts. AI, bugs ect that can all be adjusted, the core missing content and storyline and endgame, overall cut content is the downfall of this game. I preordered on GOG to support them, I'd gladly even donate money to support them now, but unless they fix these issues or even come out and say they will add back all things cut... idk its nearly impossible to salvage. Ok say they fix the police AI and last gen toaster console issues? What do we have? A boring and dull swapped game genre with linear storyline with pointless endings, zero endgame and basically a gutted out game that started with an idea and a real genuine passion, so sad. :giveup:

Top Bottom