The studio needs our support!

+
Moving away LOL. There are at least 200k players active at any time today on Steam alone.

Because not everyone has the time to put 100 hours into a game the week after its launch... just wait a month... after that there won't be more than 10k still be playing... if that! This game is a pale shadow of what it was promised to be... and you only have to play trough it once to notice that! And most will be done with that by the end of January!

Pilling more and more hate on Cyberpunk seems to have become the norm and it shouldn't be.
Do not conflict criticism with hate.

Whilst my heart goes out to the artists and coders (since there are clearly some talented people working at CDPR, no doubt about that!), some people along the chain at CDPR deserve the criticism for releasing a buggy mess of a game and for the misleading and outright lying marketing / interview materials provided to eager fans.

Then there's the whole thing about withholding console review copies and prohibiting reviewers from using their own footage... CDPR, as a company, knew very well they screwed up and were trying to hide it.

They have built up a good reputation over the years, which is why so many people (myself included) trusted their marketing to begin with. They weren't the sleazy ones to pull off something like Anthem... or so I and many others thought. And if the ONLY problems with the game were bugs and performance issues I suspect the rep would have been sufficient - people would "trust in CDPR to do right".

But this isn't just a problem of bugs and performance issues. It's a problem of broken promises, cut content, dishonest marketing. And I'm not even talking about the "could be" game from the 2018 demo they showcased at E3 - I'm talking about 2020 marketing materials and Night City Wire episodes! This was pre-release stuff!

What we have on our hands is, sadly, something similar to No Mans Sky - not the same level of lies and technical issues perhaps, but essentially CDPR's been caught not just misleading, but lying ("runs surprisingly well on consoles" anyone?). That doesn't deserve support - that deserves to be called out.

Realistically I think CDPR will fix the core bugs and improve performance - they still want to get the game running on the PS after all. But all the missing features? The linear story? The low-note endings? I doubt those will get "fixed", and CDPR's rep after this is going to be that of another Bioware - a company that might have had their glory days as the good guys that can do no wrong... Maybe they can rebuild that, who knows - but it's not OUR job to fix their rep, now is it?

I can HOPE CDPR will prove me and every other disappointed fan wrong by not only fixing the bugs but also adding the promised features through some free DLCs or content patches... But just as I would never have expected they'd scoop so low with this release, I don't really expect them to pull a post-launch "No Mans Sky" either.

Last edited:
Because not everyone has the time to put 100 hours into a game the week after its launch... just wait a month... after that there won't be more than 10k still be playing... if that! This game is a pale shadow of what it was promised to be... and you only have to play trough it once to notice that! And most will be done with that by the end of January!
20k is the number of players of Witcher 3 after 1 month from launch, and you are saying it like it would be a bad result

Bugs are sadly not the only problems the game suffers from.. or else it wouldnt be as much of a problem as it is now. Ive just found a video, where a person is standing on the trainrails and then goes to one of the stations and enters them.. (the doors are open) It made me really wonder, that they really planed it but just dropped it. Once you enter the building its a glitchy room.
But that alone shows us and is proof of them just releasing the game too early and cutting content here and there.. i mean.. everywhere.
Look here:
Yeah that's really... really sad. :giveup:

I'll just wait for the NoClip documentary that covers what happened with this game, assuming that ever happens.

I mean i like the game, i really do, and i still play it. I'm currently on my 2nd character playthrough and i have almost 220 hours in so far.

But it's becoming more and more clear the more i spend time with the game, that there was a really revolutionary product at some point for Cyberpunk 2077; but obviously something happened along the way that did not allow for it to grow into fruition or as intended.

The fingerprints of good intentions can be found all over the place in this game; the NCAR Transit Station is just one of many things that can be found that have obvious signs of being cut.

I'm almost certain there was supposed to be more to the Basilisk; which is something we only get to briefly spend time with.

Posting videos from youtubers (this one for example who said, and I quote "the game lived up to my hype" when the game released, I've linked it below so you can taste how manipulative those can be just to make some easy clicks) who over hyped the game and were eating everything CDPR was throwing at them to make easy clicks and then turned their cloaks the very next day because of the console bug outrage by saying CDPR was basically the worst studio ever makes me laugh (yeah, according to them CDPR is even worse than EA milking sport franchises over and over with microtransactions).

Guess I expected this very forum to have better conversations than just linking clickbait videos over and over like I've seen quite a lot of times in the past few days.

Anyway, the OP is right, the devs did an amazing job for the game and the hate towards them feels undeserved. We need to provide them with constructive feedback on how to improve / fix things, not trashing everything they touched, the good and the bad, because some manipulative influencers told you to. You can like a game and yet see defaults within it. You can dislike a game and yet give it credits where it deserves.
The game isn't perfect, by a long shot, and there are some blatantly lacking features one can expect for such a game. There are also obvious cuts. But more than that, I'll take one campfire scene with Panam and the family over any supposedly broken AI mechanics or whatever. This game may not be as polished as some would like, but when it comes to conveying emotions and making memorable characters shine, it is one of the best games I've ever played.

(Link to the review :
)

Last edited:
Posting videos from youtubers (this one for example who said, and I quote "the game lived up to my hype" when the game released, I've linked it below so you can taste how manipulative those can be just to make some easy clicks) who over hyped the game and were eating everything CDPR was throwing at them to make easy clicks and then turned their cloaks the very next day because of the console bug outrage by saying CDPR was basically the worst studio ever makes me laugh (yeah, according to them CDPR is even worse than EA milking sport franchises over and over with microtransactions).

Guess I expected this very forum to have better conversations than just linking clickbait videos over and over like I've seen quite a lot of times in the past few days.

Anyway, the OP is right, the devs did an amazing job for the game and the hate towards them feels undeserved. We need to provide them with constructive feedback on how to improve / fix things, not trashing everything they touched, the good and the bad, because some manipulative influencers told you to. You can like a game and yet see defaults within it. You can dislike a game and yet give it credits where it deserves.
The game isn't perfect, by a long shot, and there are some blatantly lacking features one can expect for such a game. There are also obvious cuts. But more than that, I'll take one campfire scene with Panam and the family over any supposedly broken AI mechanics or whatever. This game may not be as polished as some would like, but when it comes to conveying emotions and making memorable characters shine, it is one of the best games I've ever played.

(Link to the review :
)

Look i understand you but don't be big hopes about this game. They are gonna fix the bugs and that's all. This is just a quick cash grab the real thing is the multiplayer = whales = money = happy CDPR.

Look i understand you but don't be big hopes about this game. They are gonna fix the bugs and that's all. This is just a quick cash grab the real thing is the multiplayer = whales = money = happy CDPR.

Allow me to have strong doubts about this and to tell you how I see things and why I'm optimistic.

Until now, CDPR hasn't done a single game filled with lackluster online multiplayer or microtransactions mechanics. Unlike Rockstar, they aren't doing those kind of easy cashgrabs. Unlike EA, they decided to go over an entire new IP and an entire new gameplay (which is risky, given how CP turned out to be at release) instead of milking a Witcher 4 with Ciri (would have been a disaster story wise but hey, easy money) and tons of microtransactions within it, without barely improving on the base game.

Given the amount of work and money invested in Night City, how good the assets (designs, animations, soundtrack, characters, general aesthetics...) are, and given what they've stated about them giving more importance to their image than how many games they sell, I actually believe they will pour content into the game for as long as it is needed, for them to then be able to sell a strong multiplayer game.

Past experiences with lacking games made by them tend to prove my point (see how they improved the Witcher 1 / The Witcher 2 and even The Witcher 3).

Last edited:
People should write on their foreheads that companies are not their friends. They got 13mil preordes if that isnt insane ammount of support then i dont know what it
Post automatically merged:

Allow me to have strong doubts about this and to tell you how I see things and why I'm optimistic.

Until now, CDPR hasn't done a single game filled with lackluster online multiplayer or microtransactions mechanics. Unlike Rockstar, they aren't doing those kind of easy cashgrabs. Unlike EA, they decided to go over an entire new IP and an entire new gameplay (which is risky, given how CP turned out to be at release) instead of milking a Witcher 4 with Ciri (would have been a disaster story wise but hey, easy money) and tons of microtransactions within it, without barely improving on the base game.

Given the amount of work and money invested in Night City, how good the assets (designs, animations, soundtrack, characters, general aesthetics...) are, and given what they've stated about them giving more importance to their image than how many games they sell, I actually believe they will pour content into the game for as long as it is needed, for them to then be able to sell a strong multiplayer game.

Past experiences with lacking games made by them tend to prove my point (see how they improved the Witcher 1 / The Witcher 2 and even The Witcher 3).
Nah man, they did easy cash grab with console. What they pulled is worse then transactions

OK we shall see. But right now my bet is going to the Modder-Community. They will fix this

CDPR has never in it's whole history abandoned a game. All their games launched with problems, including The Witcher 3 that I played on PS4 at launch and went on to achieve great success, was supported and received amazing expansions.

People should write on their foreheads that companies are not their friends. They got 13mil preordes if that isnt insane ammount of support then i dont know what it

Nah man, they did easy cash grab with console. What they pulled is worse then transactions

I'm voluntarily leaving bugs outside of the conversation because that's another issue alltogether to my eyes. I'm not sensitive to bugs overall so I don't really care how buggy one game can be at first, and I remember, owning the Witcher 3 on PS4 and PC, how disastrous it was also on console when released, barely achieving a stable 15-20 fps before the patches eventually made it better. I've seen footage on PS4 for CP2077 and user experience can range from playable and enjoying the game to horrible disaster.

Now of what I understand, and I'm no expert, a lot of bugs come from how the game engine streams assets during the game. The pipes aren't big enough on consoles, so it might be even trickier to fix than the Witcher. Time will tell I guess.

I'm voluntarily leaving bugs outside of the conversation because that's another issue alltogether to my eyes. I'm not sensitive to bugs overall so I don't really care how buggy one game can be at first, and I remember, owning the Witcher 3 on PS4 and PC, how disastrous it was also on console when released, barely achieving a stable 15-20 fps before the patches eventually made it better. I've seen footage on PS4 for CP2077 and user experience can range from playable and enjoying the game to horrible disaster.

Now of what I understand, and I'm no expert, a lot of bugs come from how the game engine streams assets during the game. The pipes aren't big enough on consoles, so it might be even trickier to fix than the Witcher. Time will tell I guess.
Well its great that bugs dont annoy you, but majority dont share this opinion and rightly so. All platforms suffers prom performance and bug issue, but consoles take it to another level. While i have no doubts they gonna Iron them out, but im more interested how they gonna adress game itself

What this studio needs is a kick in the arse.

They already got it. Not sure it'll be helpful to long time development though. Would be a shame to witness all those wonderful designs and assets put into trash because of everlasting hate.
Now that the game state is widely known, time would be better spent of providing options to improve and fix it, not beating on a dead horse.

Well its great that bugs dont annoy you, but majority dont share this opinion and rightly so. All platforms suffers prom performance and bug issue, but consoles take it to another level. While i have no doubts they gonna Iron them out, but im more interested how they gonna adress game itself

I play on a good PC so it might explain why. I also generally don't care for bugs (people said AC Valhalla was full of bugs, I didn't really encounter any and it wasn't tied to my specs) because I know they'll eventually be fixed to some extent.

But I also agree with you on what console players have been provided with. Just as when we (PC players) were provided with terrible ports (RDR2 comes to mind first) which eventually got fixed. I hope they can achieve that for consoles as well. Time will tell.

I didn't played Witcher 1-3 when they were released, I bought them 1-3 years later. But it isn't the same, because I think the direction/content of the games were ok since day one.
CP2077 not. Their is no chance that they can make a looter shooter/Action Adventure with gamemechanics of the 90s, to the high quality OpenWorld-RPG with non-linear story like the marketing pretented it would be.

The knew that "we" (RPG-Player) would buy this game, bc their reputation, Witcher, Storytelling etc.. And they knew, that "we" wouldn't be euphoric about the endproduct. But: Money is Money.

And the videos on YT comparing the marketing with the real game, shows me that I'm not stupid or senile. And this is nothing about hate, I'm really angry. I feel tricked in a way that no company had managed before.

They should drop their multiplayer plans entirely and focus on making this game the single player experience they promised we would get.
I have to second this. Pretty sure that the multiplayer addon down the line would only be 20GB (rough estimate) of bloat for many, on a PS4 it's already nearing 110GB.

As for my views on the subject at hand. I got into a position where I am doubting I'd spend more money on them, but I'm stil meeting them halfway for the promises they made. But they will have to keep their word.

While I can't speak for all (base) PS4 users, performance wise it is pretty good since 1.04 or so. 1.06 Got rid of some weird bugs for me it seems.

Top Bottom