The studio needs our support!

+
What they DID do amazingly is the graphics, look and style of Cyberpunk. The voice acting is spot on. The main story NPC's are remarkable. But for long-term playability, the Open World is where it needs to shine. Some players will grind through 3-4 playthroughs to try out different styles, but if a game boils down to the only difference being Pistols vs. Shotguns without any additional content, it won't last.

Agreed on this.

They have our support. They have 13 million and counting copies sold. They have a forum and Reddit that is blowing up with constructive criticism. I bought the game on GoG, and I am active on the forums. That sounds like enough "support" to me.

There is of course the extremes. People who "love" and "hate" CP2077 and/or CDPR. Discounting or outright ignoring those people, there are still gobs of people who are actively offering their time and mental state to help improve the game. I haven't written this many suggestions since... geez it's been a decade or more.

CDPR has never had a "smooth" release. They also have 1 popular IP to their name, and that IP also had an existing lore. CP2077 was a litmus test for them, and they fell right on their faces. Made money doing it, but their rep is tarnished. Probably for a very long time. So here is what needs to happen. They pick themselves up. They dust themselves off. They push forward.

For me personally, their first stream or video after the holidays will be the most telling. That's when I will decide if this is a franchise worth while or just a flash in the pan.

Now we know why Half Life 3 will always be the greatest game ever. LOL!

Last edited:
If there ever was a time this studio, this team needed our support, now is that time.

Pilling more and more hate on Cyberpunk seems to have become the norm and it shouldn't be. I've been buying CDPR games since The Witcher 1 and they have never abandoned their game. They have repeatedly shown dedication for every single one of their releases. Launching massive overhauls and Enhanced Editions of games way past their launch date. TW1 and 2 both got massive Enhanced Editions, The Witcher 3 was continuously updated for years and received 2 of the best expansions ever released in gaming for bargain price while EA were selling us lootboxes and multiplayer in all their RPGs.

We should be supporting them, we should be rooting for them. Not kicking them while they're down. This hatred doesn't affect the shareholders, it affects the devs that have worked on this game the most and continue to do so. What this team has achieved in Cyberpunk is monumental, despite it's shortcomings and will only get better.

CDPR is not going to abandon the game, they're gonna deliver everything they promised and more, but it's up to us to not make this process a living hell for them. It's up to us to be the best community for the best gaming studio which they still are.

They HAD my unwavering support... until they lied to me. Kept me waiting nearly a year. Lied and misled me about why. Then handed me this game that has amazing potential but piss poor execution. I don't blame the coders and artists. I blame the same culprits constantly screwing over their customers in the gaming world... the execs.
I would have unhappily sucked it up if they had not talked trash about other studio's lies and screwups while extolling to us their hollow mantra of "ready when it's ready" and how they aren't like those other studios.
Again for the cheap seats... they HAD my support. I pointed to them as the example to work for. I believed their BS, ate it up.
Telling me, or anyone for that matter, that now we need to support them? They got our damn money, early, and more than than they deserved.
Will they make this game better... probably. Will that repair my trust? Hell no. If I was that fickle and gullibly stupid I'd still be married to my cheating ex-wife. CDPR execs made this situation what it is, and made a lie of their company. If you want to swallow all that, pull out a can of lube, and bend over with a smile a second time, more power to you.

I was once a ArenaNet-Fangirl, I'm still the opinion GuildWars 1 has the best RPG-PVP, beautiful gamedesign for this time, nice gameplay-concept and the best classes. Deep in my heart I always be a mesmer.
But then came GW2 and a few months later they went the Wow-shitty-RNG-Path. And of course NCsoft in their neck with microtransactions.
So my first studio-love fades away in pink smoke...

CDPR has no NCsoft. I bought a Xbox- and Steam-Version. 130,- €. After that stunt, I would say that is more support that they earn. And I don't mean the bugs and clitches. But the change from a Openworld-RPG to a repetetive Looter Shooter was way to much for me to handle it with goodwill.
I hate Looter Shooter.
Sorry for the devs and employees but you can't seperate them from the studio. And the exec and the misleading marketing.

2nd love, pink smoke *puff*.

I was once a ArenaNet-Fangirl, I'm still the opinion GuildWars 1 has the best RPG-PVP, beautiful gamedesign for this time, nice gameplay-concept and the best classes. Deep in my heart I always be a mesmer.
But then came GW2 and a few months later they went the Wow-shitty-RNG-Path. And of course NCsoft in their neck with microtransactions.
So my first studio-love fades away in pink smoke...

CDPR has no NCsoft. I bought a Xbox- and Steam-Version. 130,- €. After that stunt, I would say that is more support that they earn. And I don't mean the bugs and clitches. But the change from a Openworld-RPG to a repetetive Looter Shooter was way to much for me to handle it with goodwill.
I hate Looter Shooter.
Sorry for the devs and employees but you can't seperate them from the studio. And the exec and the misleading marketing.

2nd love, pink smoke *puff*.

Some boys just don't deserve our love, sis.

Currently on 2nd play through and found just even more lost/not used ways for happy (alternate) endings. So sad. So, music on and back to the paperwork of BattleTech/MechWarrior 3rd Edition RPG with 4th Editions Design and Layout.

Missing the options to grab a uniform of an knocked out Arasaka or MiliTech trooper, fake an ID with background (or with help of an Netrunner/Techie) to invade company ground to steal stuff without killing or with only hurting. To sell the stuff on the backmarket and than go to
BioDyne.

It isn't that the game is in a state in which it can't be safed. I mean, there are more than enough ways for more than the sad endings. It's more the question, "Are the Studio willing to do so, or not ?"

By the way, my hubby and i also played long GW1, also some time in GW2. So we and i know that kinda feeling. The only time i really supported a studio was with Life is Strange and Life is Strange : Before the Storm. Brought them on PC/Steam and on PS4, so our daughter can play it too, if the time is right.

Greetings
Jennifer

i think there a BIG MISUNDERSTOOD in CDPR PROMOTION & WHAT GAMERS HEARD OR EXPECTED !!!

i can understand some PC GAMERS "almost raged" for the "1.0".... BUT ITS SAME IN REAL LIFE : DONT WAIT MUCH OR YOU'LL BE DECEIVED. (deception , sry my english)

here ? its probably THE game i always waited ! but i never watched interviews, newswire etc... LOL I WANTED DA SURPRISE ^^

and i give a great 99% note to CYBERPUNK 2077.

BELIEVE ME, what they promised, u will get it ! free dlc's & paid ones, the final product "GOLD" (and or GOTY if u prefer),

let them WORK.

actually they fixing also consoles issues with both Sony & Microsoft.

be patient.

my 2 cents....
Post automatically merged:

also probably important for consoles players : if u play it on consoles, (i playing 2077 on old pc 2010 in 720p..), i think u should replace the hard drive by a SOLID STATE DRIVE (SSD) on old/new gen consoles... JUST A SUGGESTION FROM MY EXPERIENCE : got a SSD on my playstation 3 lol, to play RDR 1 which is better than the 2 online.

SSD are cheap, give a try...

edit: lower also your console resolution to little...

Oh this is rich!

Don't blame the lies on the marketing and the questionable direction the management pushed the game in. Blame people tp actually wanting to puchase a product the marketing lied about.

Top Bottom