The Swap update is now live!

+
Someone had an idea to make GS strenghten by 1.
And i hate bears more than GS. I get schiru in round 3 and oponent sigfria into 4point bearmaster :(
Another time i had 12 point braen, oponent smashes poet+triss+bearmaster...
​​​​​​bearmaster is an abomination!
:rage:

Last edited:
ser2440;n10960565 said:
How about some middle ground? Like, Greatswords weakening by 3 when moved to the graveyard? certainly not going back to default strength, but also not being super strong either? Would that work, you think?

Well, it's just my own opinion but I don't think it would work. In fact I don't think the problem with this deck are the GS but rather the Pirate captains or the Corsairs, for example.
I would not change the GS at all, for me personally, they're just fine the way they are (strong but not OP).

GenLiu;n10960757 said:
Well, it's just my own opinion but I don't think it would work. In fact I don't think the problem with this deck are the GS but rather the Pirate captains or the Corsairs, for example.
I would not change the GS at all, for me personally, they're just fine the way they are (strong but not OP).

I do agree that the pirate captains are too strong myself. Axemen, Greatswords, and King Bran all use them, it's no coincidence. I would also nerf the corsairs a bit, 3 points onto a resurrection are a bit too much. It gives you 11 points plus an engine when used on a longship. And it's 14 points plus 4 points to every engine when used on dimun warships.

TheIronSultan;n10960814 said:
Sure nerf Nilfgaard and Scoia'tael but leave Skellige untouched. Thanks CD.

Have you seen the Meta report? Alchemy is still at the top, and Reveal is in the top 6 decks. Nilfgaard is the faction that gained the most out of that balance patch.

The biggest loser is NR, as Henselt is but a shadow of what he once was.

ser2440;n10960778 said:
I do agree that the pirate captains are too strong myself. Axemen, Greatswords, and King Bran all use them, it's no coincidence. I would also nerf the corsairs a bit, 3 points onto a resurrection are a bit too much. It gives you 11 points plus an engine when used on a longship. And it's 14 points plus 4 points to every engine when used on dimun warships.

Yes and I think it's a mistake CDPR has to stop making. Because a unit has less targets to tutor doesn't mean they have to be stronger.
The other example of this mistake was the Agitators (oh look, they can only spawn dwarfs so let's make them 2 str). The problem with this way of thinking is that, at the end of the day the unit does the exact same thing as any other resurrector that has 1 value and are therefore produces more value.

Every time a unit plays another card from anywhere, it should immediately be 1 str unless it's a Gold playing a Bronze or any specific case like this.

ser2440;n10960844 said:
Have you seen the Meta report? Alchemy is still at the top, and Reveal is in the top 6 decks. Nilfgaard is the faction that gained the most out of that balance patch.

The biggest loser is NR, as Henselt is but a shadow of what he once was.

The reason Alchemy is strong because it counters GS and Reveal is good against Veterans. SK being the top decks is quite beneficial to NG right now. Interesting to see how this has turned out to be.

The Swap update seems to be really bad.

The Runestone cards, Winch, Elven Scout, Wardancer, Vrihedd Vanguard and Slave Driver all seem to have lost their character and purpose.

The random cards due to the Create mechanic of the Runestone cards already made it a risky play. And now, with them showing Bronze cards as well, it has increased the card pool by a lot. Moreover, now I'm carrying a Silver card in my deck that might play out as a Bronze card. This is obviously unbalanced, and I won't be surprised if everyone starts removing the Runestone cards from their decks. Instead, a separate Silver unit card (with a certain Power value) should've been made for each Faction which could create a Bronze card.

Similarly, the Wardancer and Vrihedd Vanguard, and the Scoia'tael lost its unique ability of triggering Swap abilities during redraw phases. And this has made the Wardancer mostly useless. I would've worked on developing such unique abilities for each faction, instead of nerfing them. Removing the unique features of different cards and factions will make the game similar and boring.

Winch was a bit over-powered for being a Bronze card, but it was okay. It'd a Henselt deck based around it, similar to the NG deck based on Viper Witchers. But with its currently ability, I doubt anyone will be using it.

The Slave Driver was a relativaly over-powered card, but its unique ability has also been removed, now turning it into a varied copy of that Monster giant, removal card. It could've been changed into a Silver card instead.

This is probably the worst update in my opinion. CDPR must realise that changing and nerfing cards because players complain is a bad business model. The silver lining to this update is that I'm looking forward to the Homecoming update more desperately now. An overhaul and re-balancing is a necessity at this point.

Last edited:
Top Bottom