The tale how new designed card destroy'ing the game and steal your fun from game

+
Hello, first i wanna say hello to all gwent community, best regards from Poland to all players and have a nice day.
I know what i write next is look like my awful pain for paying for this game and playing it, but deck 'archetype' like Viy, like meditating mage or clogers its a [...] of this game, but i dont understand, why CDPR create all this card, when people [...] use only 1 archetype for destroy our fun, be tryhard and go to pro rank with the same deck from 25 rank to 0, i dont understand, why cdpr not understand (i buy this publisher games from years 2000 to 2018) i pay for games on gog, for kegs on gwent, support this game buying packages with cards or customization, but if i play and go to match with that [...] archetype who use my enemy, i wanna destroy all my cards (i have all cards in game) and remove all my gog account for that, CDPR not create a stable meta, or all leaders playable, only 1-2 archertypes on season and "have fun people". But for the god sake, in this game we have so many cards, i think its 1000+ cards, you destroy so many archetypes, for what? im play now harmony but its dead archetype, the same is ghosts archetype on NR, where is Tactics archetype? where is this leaders who you create for this game with 7 of them, when people only use only 1 for [...] and kill your love to this game, why you CDPR support that actions, when people who love this game and support you, stream this game, play a lot like me (4000 hours), you tell this people unconsciously to this people "get of this game, go outside, we want only clogers, mages and viy". Good job for that kind of roadmap for players, who wanna leave your game and go to other developers to support them, for that you not know what cards you create, and destroy this game every season.
On last words i wanna say: Best regards for Pavel Burza, all CDPR game game engine creators and idea creator of game, best regards for all players who still get fun playing this game with using ALL CARDS create to this game and get fun creating meme/funny decks and still be happy wining/losing matches.
Not greatings for card designers who every season nerf the same cards who the last season destroy all meta, and create all this [...] decks and [...].
Cya and have a nice day all people who still have hope to better days in gwent!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is for sure 100% over 1,000 cards now. I've also stopped doing in game purchases for this game probably over a year ago, as I've also realized how the developers are destroying this game. This game was much better when there were less cards, but all the developers care about now are creating more cards so that people will spend their money on extra stuff, only to end up playing against the same 20 cards from the same deck anyway. Sometimes the saying is true "less is more", but all the developers have on their mind is "more is more" and it's taking away from the game. I too am struggling to want to continue playing this game anymore. Hopefully I can come across a better game to waste my time on. If anyone has any recommendations, PLEASE SHARE!

There is for sure 100% over 1,000 cards now. I've also stopped doing in game purchases for this game probably over a year ago, as I've also realized how the developers are destroying this game. This game was much better when there were less cards, but all the developers care about now are creating more cards so that people will spend their money on extra stuff, only to end up playing against the same 20 cards from the same deck anyway. Sometimes the saying is true "less is more", but all the developers have on their mind is "more is more" and it's taking away from the game. I too am struggling to want to continue playing this game anymore. Hopefully I can come across a better game to waste my time on. If anyone has any recommendations, PLEASE SHARE!

I've stopped playing gwent (again) one week ago, and I agree that the game was much better before homecoming . The main reason ehy, is that I have too emotional approach to competitive games against other players, and after for example 3 looses in a row I cant play longer because I am so pissed off. So if You feel the same, I suggest You to change gwent to co-op online games instead of player vs player games. Personally like to play seasonal Diablo 3 instead gwent because you have to think a lot and be creative in building Your character, ans what is most important I can play it in coop with my girlfriend on one ps4 , so she is not upset that I spend a lot of time playing without paying attention for Her, because she is active player with me too - two (or even three) birds, one stone :)

Yep; I gave up after they replaced Arena. That mode was all I played because every match was different; you could use all cards. Put in over a thousand hours in Arena. Still check this board once a week in hopes that it'll return for over a year and a half now. What you guys describe sounds like a sinking ship; more cards= more water. I can only imagine how much fun Arena would be now with a thousand choices and so many new cards to learn..

Top Bottom