The things that The Witcher 3 did better than Cyberpunk 2077

+
I've replayed CP2077 5 times and every time I wish the Maelstrom mission "the pickup" would bleed into the entire game. I wanted to feel afraid of the gangs. They did this mission so well and it hurts everytime when Jackie goes away.

Why would you replay the game 5 times? There is nothing you can do to change the outcome of the game or to even see anything from a different perspective other than romances. And technically if you want to do that you can edit your save to change your gender romance Panam and then Romance Judy and yes it does work...

And the best one: It didn't had a Hollywood actor appearing every five minutes trying to shove his extreme ideological views and opinions in your head. :giveup:

I don't see that as a negative. You have an old rockerboy in your head, who is extremely frustrated because he died and his efforts had no effects on the city whatsoever...and he can't do anything aout it anymore. The confrontation of perspectives in every quest is good, the real problem is that the relationship development between V and Johnny is scripted and doesn't reflect the dialogues choices the player has.

It's really unfair compare gigs with and npcd with side quest and contracts of the w3. Side quest in CP will be the real par with side quest and contract in W3
Gigs are the equivalent of question marks in w3, so CP win by a lot the comparasion in quality. (Many gigs in CP are really god, while in W3 theres any reason to bother with this question marks)

Real main and side content are equal quality in both games as i see it, and i even said that side content is better in CP. W3, of course, have more content, its imposible to deny that.

Oh guys, so agree with that. Witcher is probably my favourite game series ever. Was so excited for Cyberpunk - and so disappointed. C2077 will never take the same place in my heart. I can only hope CDPR will take into account everything that happened while making their next game.

It's really unfair compare gigs with and npcd with side quest and contracts of the w3. Side quest in CP will be the real par with side quest and contract in W3
Gigs are the equivalent of question marks in w3, so CP win by a lot the comparasion in quality. (Many gigs in CP are really god, while in W3 theres any reason to bother with this question marks)

Real main and side content are equal quality in both games as i see it, and i even said that side content is better in CP. W3, of course, have more content, its imposible to deny that.

The problem is that most of side quests don't feel immersive because most of the times you are travelling with vehicles, and you have to stop and look exactly for the sidequest while in The Witcher 3 you encountered them organically while travelling during the main quests.

Not fair comparison, omg!
You should compare The Witcher 3 w/ The Witcher 2 or something...CP2077 is a whole new universe and a totally different adaptation to the engine!
This time to finish don't make any sense for a open world game! seriously. Anyone will finish with different time and explore different things. Depends of your build, how much do you want to do, etc...Witcher 3 i finished in 195h during my first run, CP2077 i finished in 102h. They reduced because people complained about "game is too long" and now people complain about "game is too short".

I NEVER thought I'd say this... but Roach actually handled like a dream and walking 20m to him doesn't seem so bad now that I've tried to drive in Night City!

Why would you replay the game 5 times? There is nothing you can do to change the outcome of the game or to even see anything from a different perspective other than romances. And technically if you want to do that you can edit your save to change your gender romance Panam and then Romance Judy and yes it does work...
Let me suffer in silence damn it lol

The problem is that most of side quests don't feel immersive because most of the times you are travelling with vehicles, and you have to stop and look exactly for the sidequest while in The Witcher 3 you encountered them organically while travelling during the main quests.
Again, Gigs are not sidequest. And not, you can find a few while traveling but 90% are off roads. Also traveling in the W3 is a pain, while the world is beatuful and sometimes worth only for the view, the horse handling is a nighmare and the horse combat will be better if it was cut directly. W3 is the only open world i use fast travel

w3 did everything better except graphics and setting (i like cp > witcher lore) and with way less bugs. Not to mention it was truly arpg and not some poor wannabe gta, deus ex, borderlands frankenstein.

Choices that had real consistences.

I also use to research on TW3 on every mission what will happen if I choose different things. On CP2077 it does not matter what you choose until you get to the roof with Misty. You can only choose the ending.

-Atmosphere and Vibes
When it comes to one of my favorite aspects of the witcher 3 is how each area has its own unique atmopshere and vibes ,think of Velen ,Novigrad ,Skellige and toussaint ,each area has its own culture ,its own problems and the fleshed out side quests help in that regard (il explain that later on) in Cyberpunk i sometimes had to check on the map to see where which district im in because every area is pretty much the same only difference is what gangs you will fight

-Enemy Variety
While Cyberpunk my have more Gameplay and sure it may sound unfair to compare monsters from the witcher 3 to enemies from Cyberpunk but the variety the enemies are very lackluster with similar behavior ,fighting experienced soldiers like Militech feels exactly the same as fighting Gangs only difference is how they look like and it does not help that the AI are incredibly stupid

-Environmental/Text Storytelling
Cyberpunk relies extremely heavily on this in Gigs and NCPD scatter hustles ,but the witcher 3 does it way more effectively by doing it in treasure hunts ,you are usually not fighting and all you are doing is collecting diagrams and clues to what happened which leads to ALOT of interesting stories that are way more well written than the ones in Cyberpunk.

-Side Content
its kind off ironic to see this especially when Cyberpunk relies heavily on it to make up for the extremely short story yet it still fails to live up to the quality of the witcher 3 ,the main side quests in Cyberpunk are phenomenal dont get me wrong and in many ways are even better than the ones from the witcher 3 ,but sadly thats just a very small portion of the side content.

Cyberpunk's most side content are made up of Gigs and while some of them are incredibly good and more than worth doing ,the overwhelming majority are shit tier copy and paste filler garbage with some dumbass shard thrown in to give more context ,this brings me back to the atmosphere and vibes ,gigs are pretty much the same which ever district you are ,go kill X go steal Y plant a virus at Z ,the same shit different shard ,same thing with Cyberpsychos and the worst part are the fixers instead of talking to new NPCs like you did with the witcher 3 you only talk with these dumbass fixers telling you what to do ,i feel gigs could have been slightly improved if they were areas for you to discover something like dungeons ,fixers ruin whatever sense of discovery you could have got.

imo the game should have had way more side quests that are connected with characters or even help flesh out each area the same way the witcher 3 side quests did

-Mini games
while The witcher 3 lacks in terms of interactivity it still has Gwent as a mini game which is a fun side activity to do away from the monster killing and drama it also had its own unique fun side quests ,Cyberpunk on the other hand has NONE and its even more jarring to see all these potential mini games such as board games ,Arcades and billiards what bothers me even more is in here
they said their focus is to have a world that is interactable and what can you interact with in the final product? A FUCKING VENDING MACHINE

-Quality and Quantity
The witcher 3 has its flaws yes but overall it was a very fulfilling experience it left me satisfied without thinking that its in desperate need of an expansions or DLCs Cyberpunk on the other hand left me wanting more WAY more than i was hoping for ,the main story was very short ,the side content were disappointing and overall the game is just smaller and unfulfilling in so many ways
View attachment 11122208

More content.
Progresses we made during main and side quests affect the ending more in Witcher 3.
Side quests are more interesting
Story is longer and satisfying. You don't feel empty after you finished the endings.(even bad ending more pleasable than the endings of CP77)
If we include Blood and Wine, House(Corvo Bianco) is better.

Basically, the Witcher 3 is way better than CP77

I love The Witcher 3. And yet, that game is full of flaws - some are obvious fairly early on, for others you need to play through the game a few times to notice (or just have a keen eye or some experience, perhaps).

Essentially, W3 focused on its strengths - a good story, fun characters, and an immersive world. To that end, visuals were (and still are, really) above average, the story had multiple paths even in minor side-quests (albeit there were some linear quests as well) and said side quests and decisions would also have some consequences thrown at the player much later - a VERY nice nod from the game acknowledging the player did something.

Those were the strong points. The actual GAMEPLAY in W3 was... OK. It wasn't particularly well balanced or innovative, but it was serviceable and enough to keep the player focused on all the story bits. There were also some filler gameplay elements that served almost no purpose but to pad the game (specifically the village rescues or bandit camps which had very little besides some loot and perhaps a note or something).

When CDPR said we're to expect nothing less than The Witcher 3, I was hoping CP77 would be a story-focused game with branching paths, consequences and a generic, if serviceable gameplay, with an immersive world. And you know what? The world, visually, might actually be immersive. The design of Night City is decent (even if unfinished in places), and it definitely looks OK. It's just a shame that "looking OK" is the ONLY thing this game does right (assuming it doesn't bug out, of course). The city is shallow and feels empty, especially once you realize the NPCs are brain-dead and spawned right in front of your very eyes only to vanish from existence the moment you stop looking at them. The biggest disappointment is the story - it's a linear and on-rails almost 100% of the way, with no decision really having any lasting consequences. I can see at least SOME effort went into trying to obfuscate this fact, but given the plethora of issues it's next to impossible to keep this illusion going for any but the most obedient of players (who never do anything beyond going to the next marker and never question anything). The various characters in NC are well designed and well voiced, for the most part, so they managed to at least do that well enough... tho I dare say hiring Keanu was a huge waste of money and time - not that I dislike the man, but his voice acting is mediocre at best, and giving any one character a real-life source will immediately invoke comparisons (say hello to "PS2 Keanu" when the high-quality model doesn't load properly).

I get it, not everything from W3 could be translated 1:1 to this new awesome city CDPR made. Horses aren't cars, and so they had to make driving from scratch and AI drivers... but they failed to really do justice to either and neither driving feels right nor can the AI behave properly on the roads. Since the player can harm civilians now there has to be some kind of response (W3 didn't have this problem, because you couldn't harm anyone who wasn't a hostile outside of a few cutscenes)... and we get the endlessly spawning brain-dead police system. The clothing and weapon system was lifted straight from W3... and it's painfully obvious it doesn't fit with a futuristic setting in utility (say hello to wearing oddly mismatched skirts and suits just because of a slight stat increase). Granted, you could look a bit like a clown in W3 too, but at least there were cool sets you could hunt down and craft, and those were GOOD.

The biggest let down is probably the main story-proper. No good end, no satisfying conclusion. It ends on a low-note, which just drives home the point of how far different this game is from the Witcher 3. And THEN we can start talking about all the misleading marketing, but that's been done better in other threads and YouTube already.

CDPR's done, after this. I don't see how they can come back. They can offer refunds, sure, great - it's the least they can do, really. Bug fixing and performance improvements? Yeah, they still want to get the game running on the PS Store, but that's not going to fix the plethora of half-baked, half-assed and straight up MISSING systems and mechanics, not to mention the rushed and poorly written story. I can't see them fixing THAT, ever.

Can anyone imagine trying to play any kind of MP from CDPR at this point? With how The Witcher's mechanics were poorly balanced and fairly generic, and given what a mess the gameplay balancing of CP77 is... can anyone imagine how utterly broken any sort of GTA Online game from them would be?

Last edited:
Does anyone else dislike Gwent in the Witcher 3 or is it just me?

I mean the game itself is fun enough it is just that the game does not make any sense as an in universe thing, people are starving of famine yet everyone is on the hunt for rare Gwent cards? And all of these cards feature detailed pictures of Geralt and friends, sure Geralt might have gained a level of fame through Dandelion's ballads to warrant being put on one of these cards but certainly not famous enough to warrant hero card status, however characters like Vernon Roche? Who would know Vernon Roche let alone consider him famous enough to put on a card? A hero card no less? I thought Roche's profession relied more on anonymity? Also who is the manufacturer of these cards and how did they spread so far across the world that everyone is playing it from the nobles of Nilfgaard to the Jarls of Skellige? Where did they get the printing technology and what distribution network are they using for the cards and how do they verify the "rare" cards and why are there no forgeries?

As I said the game is fun enough and I do enjoy it to the point where I can ignore the logical inconsistencies of such a card game existing in the universe and just go collecting cards as part of a completionist playthrough but nothing about the game makes any sense for it to exist within the context of the universe.

Does anyone else dislike Gwent in the Witcher 3 or is it just me?
Hey, one's got to do SOMETHING to pass the time in a medieval setting. ;)

But seriously - it's... not really a requirement. It was a fun side-game, but if you dislike it then, hey, there was no need to engage with that, really. I think the only quest related to Gwent was a tournament...? Other than that, a bit of chit-chat with some characters that's unrelated to the story as a whole. That one bit of the game, thankfully, didn't really have an impact on the story proper.

Top Bottom