The things that The Witcher 3 did better than Cyberpunk 2077

+
W3 is easy to compare to CP because CP is basically W3 with guns. And it just doesn't work well.

It feels like CP doesn't have coherent whole and you constantly have "poor man's" experience. Poor man's GTA, poor man's Watch Dogs, poor man's Deus Ex, poor man's Witcher etc. There's always "but" about nearly everything.

-Cinematic quests, but no branching most of the time.
-Cool weapons and skills, but enemies are brain-dead, lack variety and not interesting to fight against.
-Gorgeous sets, but they aren't used in game design, just a decoration.
-Ability to drive things, but traffic is barely alive.
-Plenty of cool outfits, but you don't see your protagonist majority of the time.
-Huge city to explore, but there's nothing to do but kill.
etc

W3 on the other hand evolved through several games and knows what it is and what it wants to be. So I can give CP only two points - graphics and ways to kill enemies (variety of guns, hacking etc.).

Last edited:

Guest 4419821

Not finished CP yet, so cant comment on the story, but so far for me.

Witcher 3 did a lot of things better.

Crafting weapons, going to an actual blacksmith to create/upgrade armour and weapons. I hate how its down in CP, it seems over complicated with too much rubbish that makes the inventory filled up with crap you will never even use. Honestly the crafting and inventory needs a complete over haul.

I know Night City is a filthy city with crap littered everywhere for the player to pick up, but most of it is useless. I liked how Witcher wasn't littered with items to take, I can't remember it being as bad anyway. Why the hell is Night City littered with packs of playing cards? Its bonkers!

Never got bombarded with side quests in Witcher 3, CP is on another level, have 10 fixers in my contacts who have contacted me as Ive explored the city, buy this ride, do this gig, journal filled up with so many side quests I have no idea where to start.

I'd say give it another chance. It's different than CP2077 in regard to your investment into the character (just like you described), and obviously in other fields, but Geralt's story (and Ciri's) is full of great emotional moments, sometimes full of drama, sometimes humorous etc. There's everything that a good story should have in there, I'd say; and it's still interactive, because it is you who "jumps" into Geralt's shoes.
If you treat it just as a different game, without assuming any connections or comparisons to CP2077, it's an amazing ride. But you gotta decide yourself of course and nothing "by force".
Great advice, will do! While some of the mechanics are the same, I have to really look at it differently to give it a chance. Thanks!

I really don't like crafting/inventory in any game. It just feels like grinding, every few minutes I have to stop and grind my inventory. Every game I finish I usually end up with tons of junk piled up every where, and very low crafting score. lol

One thing to compare CP77 and The Witcher 3. You notice both games have a cat that keeps showing up in the game?

TW3: Nibbles the cat, first shows up in Norviod in that room where you met the Baron's daughter. He makes several appearances after that.

CP77: Has that hairless cat first seen outside VIktors office. Then I saw him again underwater, licking himself. There's a car accident site near the Watson district fixer. He showed up again in a scene with Takamura

I am not as compelled to jump back into Witcher 3 on a daily basis or at least in these early stages. Reading others opinions on how they view Witcher 3 makes me want to push through and hope I start to get invested though.
my advice would be is to familiarize yourself with the world of the witcher series ,if its possible i highly recommend you to play The Witcher 1 and 2 you dont need to play them but you should because they are great RPGs and they will dramatically improve your experience with the witcher 3 imo ,if you cant then atleast watch the cutscenes of those games.

Top Bottom