The Trail

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Monk Cheese" is what we sometimes call it in these parts.Thankfuly you only gave me one RED point until now and I thoroughly disinfected it because your green didn't scream "healthy" to me.

So I take it you don't like mayo then?

Thankfuly you only gave me one RED point until now

:)

Anyway, looks like bigger websites are starting to cover The Trail so we might see a rise in those numbers soon.

I hope so.Maybe it'll convince the REDs to show us the trailer sooner rather then later.In any case I'm glad at least that we don't have to perform rituals infront of the raven skull anymore.My back was starting to give.

We should find out what was that all about hopefully today. :yes:]

(it will end up being 'part 1' of something, probably)

I see those beers are starting to kick in.

Well Kinley, I'd rather feel the kick from a beer than from a bear:

;)

So no news yet? People are starting to see things that isn't there and the reactions that follow are...interesting.
Many actually have quite sound theories...while they're also questioning their sound minds. :happy:

At least I spent my weekend finishing Baldur's Gate 2 Throne of Bhaal. Not to brag or anything, I just haven't come around to do that for about eight years or so, so it was due time.

Had I spent my weekend looking at this however, I imagine I'd be looking a lot like Prince John right now:
But then again that's just me, and I can be cranky at times. :happy:

Then it hit me.

What if there isn't a trail?

I can't imagine the huge disappointment of someone who actually spent hours staring at images and codes only to discover that there isn't anything to discover.

Imagine CDPR headquarters having a staff meeting:

"Shit. The reactions on the forums have been tremendous. How can we tell them it was just a phrasing of words?"

"Alright, calm down, we have to come up with something. Do a trailer. Something new. Do a Yennefer trailer."

"From scratch? That'll take time."

"And they're waiting already. Go go go!"

"What about her hair colour!?"

"I don't know, let her wear a hood or something. Now go!"

Seriously though I have faith in the devs, and always will have. This is going to be epic. No pressure devs. None at all. :happy:

Last edited:
Nobody wanna play the "2 words" game? :question:

Ok, well, these 2 will blow your minds, as coffee & anagramming just did mine :coffee:

It Thaler !

I'm just wondering...WHY? Why if we already know that is Yen trailer they keep giving us "clues" with the source code?

Yeah,absolutely everything we got in the source code says Yennefer but until they come clean with it anything is possible.Who "gnomes".they might be leading us on a wild goose chase just to pull a fast one on us at the last moment.

Okay, so here's a theory, and yes I'm serious:
@shawn_kh was on to something, but I don't know if Geralt and Yennefer meet in battle. I do however think that's Yennefer running away at the end of Sword of Destiny trailer. I used to think this was Ciri but I no longer think it is.

Seeing Triss and Yen together however must mean Yen is 'on our side' and not an adversary. Here's how she came to be that. Just as Geralt, she lost her memory and found herself in Emhyr's care and employ. It's not that he hasn't used people before. She is a powerful sorceress after all, why not use that potential? I know I have an old post here on the forum where I expressed this theory of Yen working with Nilfgaard.

When her memory eventually came around, as it did with Geralt, and she rediscovered her identity(just as Geralt did), she sees an opportunity to leave the very Nilfgaardian forces she has been an agent for(during Witcher 1 and 2 I guess). Simply, 'the betrayal' is Yennefer killing Nilfgaardian soldiers with magic and escaping Emhyr's grasp. Hell, I could even have written a short story about it. I guess I just did. ^_^

I do wonder if she betrayed them immediately after regaining her memory, or 'played along' until opportunity presented itself.
Too far-fetched? ^_^

EDIT: Knowing that she probably has had more time to 'recover' and regain her memory it will be interesting to know what she has been doing pre-Witcher 1 up until she broke free. If this now is the case. ^_^ Also 'Aedirn' was mentioned. Wasn't Yennefer advisor to Demawend?

Last edited:
I wonder how many likes/shares Cd Project Red expects and if we will get the trailer right after this or if there will be another teaser. I didn't see any gaming site reporting about this(actually im glad about this because i hate teasers to trailers and always said gaming sites should just ignore it, so that the developers/publishers stop with this kind of marketing.), so I hope they don't expect high numbers.

There is new words in a source code, which are: ice, Sodden, glamour. The persons who could be linked to all of them (including previous words) are: Yennifer, Triss, Franceska Findabair. Probably I can describe links I found, but English isn't my first language, not even second, so this is hard for me, I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure you can do it by yourself by just reading wikia about these characters.

We already know friend,nonetheless thank you for trying to help!You are right,a lot of people could be linked to those words but the person who has the most clear connection to all of them would be Yennefer.

Edit:Tried to see if there was another layer to these words by looking what anagrams I can make out of them.Nothing really came up.Jam and Ice obviously can't be anagrams so that should put tha theory to rest.

Last edited:
Seriously ? No one finds it interesting that "It Thaler" is an anagram of "The Trail"?

We know Geralt gets info from Dijkstra... could he have been pointed toward him by Thaler? There's something of a Trail here at least.

of course "at hitler" is also in there ;)

I'm so low on time... but get anagramming people !

There is new words in a source code, which are: ice, Sodden, glamour. The persons who could be linked to all of them (including previous words) are: Yennifer, Triss, Franceska Findabair. Probably I can describe links I found, but English isn't my first language, not even second, so this is hard for me, I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure you can do it by yourself by just reading wikia about these characters.
Sodden and glamour can be linked to Yennefer too. ;)

Took me 30 minutes to get that joke. I'm getting old.
Like Geralt.

@Synvael
Lilac and gooseberries are practically Yennefer's signature.The last three words pretty much ended all further speculation in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom