The Trail

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO we won't get the trailer until the weekend guys so you should probably be prepered for that.As for the change in the source code yeasterday it happend at about 1 am (Warsaw time).

No...

there are also jpegs.

Well thanks for the update then... I'll try and keep this thread open in another tab. I could have sworn there was a change in the source code when a glanced at it earlier.

I haven't been on since the first day. I might take the time to read through the last 50 pages of the thread later, but I don't have the time now. So, can anyone get me up to speed on what all has been found so far?
Sorry if everything was recapped a short while ago, I would gladly take a simple link to the post if that is the case.
All you are going to find is 58 pages of gifs :). In other words nothing new from the start.
And source codes causing high hallucinations and OCD.

So we have six pieces so far:
1)Betrayal
2)Aedirn
3)Jam
4)Ice
5)Sodden
6)Glamour

[SUB]Also, kestrel's beaks.[/SUB]

Last edited:
IMO we won't get the trailer until the weekend guys so you should probably be prepered for that.As for the change in the source code yeasterday it happend at about 1 am (Warsaw time).

Exactly what I wanted to ask. So I went back to the appropriate time to check and see if anyone maybe supplied an answer that advanced The Trail and give us more code, and unless ariate is indeed the winner of the food competition, and our task is to guess the other winners... then I guess I wasted my time :wallbash:

They'll insert specific words in the source code everyday until friday,I think.Our friendly neighbourhood bear provided us with a quote earlier that shed some light on the matter.

I am believing nothing ! Especially emanating from anyone called Marcin... Trust No One ;)

I keep trying to stay away and just wait until something is actually released, but I keep coming back. I feel like like someone staying in an abusive relationship. "But I love CDPR! They're so good to me at times, even if they make me suffer at others. If I stay, it'll get better!" (no offense to anyone actually who has or is going through that)

Come on CDPR, give us something. Another tease. A hint. A clue. An actual trailer. Anything. Pretty please!

Same, damn I thought I might've been on to something with that anagram of Thaler.... ah well at very least this task turns coffee into theories, and i'll be having more tomorrow... :detective:

You're confusing an abusive relationship with a flirty sexy cock tease that occasionally gives it to you.

kinda like Yen

Quoted for Truth.

Exactly what I wanted to ask. So I went back to the appropriate time to check and see if anyone maybe supplied an answer that advanced The Trail and give us more code, and unless ariate is indeed the winner of the food competition, and our task is to guess the other winners... then I guess I wasted my time :wallbash:

If I win @Aes Sídhe... I'm a amateur. If a real masterchef entered the competion I'm over lol

Call me sceptic but what merketing or social advertisment is made to look in source code?Sorry but when fans looked that it wont reveal itself , or it doesnt show anything clickable they looked desperatly to source code...

...when CDPR looked that likes and shares arent flowing so fast they adapted to fans and changed source code...

EA was trying to do same strategy thats its orginating in social media boom from 2010-2012.They put same thing for Battlefield 4 .But result was same as here , they expected hundreds of thousands likes or milions , but guess what nope gamers didnt like that marketing sheme.

Same as here.Instead of thousands of likes in first day we got it like it.And meme's wont cover that its marketing fail...

Of course its mine and only mine opinion.

The source code thing has been done quite a few times before to even my limited knowledge of these things. Which is why I suspect it to be coloured red and smelling fishy, with fins, a tail, and no teeth ;)

No matter whether its a new idea or not, if it is Yen thats happening, they are introducing a major character most people don't know, doing this kind of thing would be classed as "effective psychology" by an old bearded Austrian called Freud.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

Call me sceptic but what merketing or social advertisment is made to look in source code?Sorry but when fans looked that it wont reveal itself , or it doesnt show anything clickable they looked desperatly to source code...

...when CDPR looked that likes and shares arent flowing so fast they adapted to fans and changed source code...

EA was trying to do same strategy thats its orginating in social media boom from 2010-2012.They put same thing for Battlefield 4 .But result was same as here , they expected hungreds of thousands likes or milions , but guess what nope gamers didnt like that marketing sheme.

Same as here.Instead of thousands of likes in first day we got it like it.And meme's wont cover that its marketing fail...

Of course its mine and only mine opinion.

The idea of having us solve a riddle is interesting.
And the clip itself is mesmerizing. If it's any indication, the trailer will be fantastic.

But unless they're about to pull a rabbit out of the hat, the implementation is skewed. It likely serves to gain them time, until they're ready to reveal new in-game promo material, so I wouldn't count on the trailer sooner than early next week. How long did the tease leading up to «Killing Monsters» last again ?

This PR stunt comes off as too gimmicky, too obscure, verging on the contrived, which strikes me as at odds with what a mass social media campaign should be striving for. If it turns out no clues could have ever been gathered from watching the endless clip, why bother making one in the first place? And whoever thought the average gamer yearns to daily F12 thewitcher.com/thetrail to comb it for clues has a peculiar notion of the lengths the average gamer is willing to travel to unlock a CGI trailer. If, on the other hand, this was aimed at hardcore fans all along, then I don't quite get the Facebook, Twiter and Google+ aspect.

It does look like the trailer will be bloody fantastic.

Last edited:
The image almost instantly led most of us into thinking that it's gonna be about Yennefer, this way or another.

So I wonder - is there more to this whole secret thing? Or was it just too easy from the beginning?

If it's the latter, I'm gonna be disappointed TBH. But what the hell, maybe at least I have an awesome, Platige-Image CGI trailer to soothe my soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom