Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I play for the story and witcher 3 has a great rich story even though its missing a decent TRISS story.. After the game i feel empty and alone with in the world.. and can't bring my self to play on from there!!
I also play game because of story, thats why I always play on most easy difficulty, for my game not a combat but a story.

---------- Updated at 07:49 AM ----------

Here are all the ones I've done for all you Triss fans:
I would take two last for my desktop if not hairstyle and I like most Geralt in starting armor.

Last edited:
I also play game because of story, thats why I always play on most easy difficulty, for my game not a combat but a story.

Yeah story come first, gameplay come second :D. But i play on Blood and Broken bone and use console command to improve Geralt a little, well when arrived to Skellige the game became easy mode :|

I've got this one on my desktop got geralt and my 2 fav girls:)

Last edited:
Minor spoilers of course; they do seem to love each other (Triss absolutely adores Geralt...far more than Yen does) and they spend a lot of time together in some of the books but ultimately because of the spell that binds them. It made breaking the Djinn spell all the more satisfying because it makes it feel like Triss was his true love all along and she can finally be with him for good if that's the choice you make in the game.

That... is not how it is at all...

Minor spoilers of course; they do seem to love each other (Triss*absolutely adores Geralt...far more than Yen does) and they spend a lot of time together in some of the books but ultimately because of the spell that binds them. It made breaking the Djinn spell all the more satisfying because it makes it feel like*Triss*was his true love all along and she can finally be with him for good if that's the choice you make in the game

That... is not how it is at all...

That's how it seems in the witcher Game world. In the book it's another story. The book and game are separate entities.

Last edited:
That's how it seems in the witcher Game world. In the book it's another story. The book and game are separate entities.

I see them as two linked things. The books are a separate canon. The games are both the books and games. And he was talking about the books...

---------- Updated at 07:49 AM ----------

I would take two last for my desktop if not hairstyle and I like most Geralt in starting armor.

To have a good story and Triss being afraid of losing Geralt I play on hardest difficulty again. Just to make it more realistic

No she don't want to rejoin the Lodge because she have her own plan (Kovir), but she think restore the Lodge is OK despite all the problem with it in Witcher 2. Although i never fully know the Lodge's intention, are they just want a land where they have full control over it ?

Ahh, I see what you're saying. I thought you meant Triss wanted to rejoin the lodge with Phillipa and Rita. But yeah, I guess she won't care about what they're doing so much because she's got more mages with her in Kovir. :p Or maybe she just knows she can't really do anything to stop Philipa so she doesn't even try? She could just want to distance herself from them. They were pretty shitty to her.

My feeling exactly .. some play games for 100% completion some for achievements !!

I play for the story and witcher 3 has a great rich story even though its missing a decent TRISS story.. After the game i feel empty and alone with in the world.. and can't bring my self to play on from there!!

there is rumours of a new game plus mode all your previous gear running though again could be fun ..

with games like this being as its so story orientated i just get bored when theres no story left!!

I sort of feel the same way. Hard to keep going when there's no story left, nothing pushing you forward. Without the antagonist hanging over your head encouraging you to move on to the next big moment, side questing just feels sort of pointless. That's why I tried to clear everything everywhere before I finished it up. I had a feeling I wouldn't want to quest afterward and I was right. After the credits rolled I saved and quit and haven't been back since.

I see them as two linked things. The books are a separate canon. The games are both the books and games. And he was talking about the books...

It's really not the issue though. :X When it comes down to it, if you can tell a believable narrative in your head for your choices, then it doesn't really matter in the end. Live and let live guys. We love all the ladies of the Witcher. :p I just think Triss is the superior choice and I have my reasons. I would never tell someone that Yen is the worse choice or the reasons for said choice are any less valid.

My feeling exactly .. some play games for 100% completion some for achievements !!

there is rumours of a new game plus mode all your previous gear running though again could be fun ..

with games like this being as its so story orientated i just get bored when theres no story left!!

Yeah I'm almost wishing I had 100% my first playthrough because I'm definitely having a hard time getting motivated for a 2nd playthrough after seeing the ending and the empty castle. I did miss a lot in my first playthrough though, I sort of sped through Skellige in order to try to see if there was more Triss content. Next time I'm thinking of doing Skellige first and maybe go back and forth between Skellige and Novigrad, and then saving the Triss Now or Never until after Ugly Baby.

A new game+ mode might actually help me get through this 2nd playthrough, if I knew that was waiting for me at the end. It really does get boring then there's no more main story. It was a bit different with Skyrim though because there was so many things to do, but mods had a lot to do with that too.

I suppose you could argue she maybe avoids probing too deeply into his thoughts for fear of what she might find. The reality is the game is poor at being reactive, especially in regards of pursuing Triss before ending things with Yen.
Yes, I agree with that, she could be afraid of what she might find. But, in this quest (Last Wish), she faces a Djinn, which is not a weak creature, just to know if Geralt is really in love with her. So, I think the next step, after having broken the magical link between Geralt and her, is to read his thoughts. But you're right, perhaps she loves him so much she prefers not to know more than what goes out from his mouth (if it's: I love you too). ---------- Updated at 06:15 AM ----------
This is now the largest thread on the forum, still no response from CDPR. . .
Sad if they don't do anything :( I hope they will reply. That do make the difference between a great game and the best game: listening to the fans and enhancing the game with their help. As said by some people before, CDPR is correcting bugs for the moment. They realized an amazing game (game of the year?). I'm confident in the fact they will do something about Triss. So we just have to wait and to help them by giving our opinion.

Last edited:
I sort of feel the same way. Hard to keep going when there's no story left, nothing pushing you forward. Without the antagonist hanging over your head encouraging you to move on to the next big moment, side questing just feels sort of pointless. That's why I tried to clear everything everywhere before I finished it up. I had a feeling I wouldn't want to quest afterward and I was right. After the credits rolled I saved and quit and haven't been back since.

I was depressed after finishing W3 main story - I finished the best RPG game ever made, like the best 192 hours of my gaming time. Naturally I was little dissatisfied with the Triss content. This thread, after reading all of these interesting ideas, seeing this thread growing into a monster, gave a hope. Hope for something to expect in the future. That's why I'd rather see DLC and Triss with it (aka Kovir DLC). Something big to hope/expect for makes me want to explore all of the question marks on W3 map. I want to get the best gear possible, get all the quests done, collect all the gwent cards because I know that in few months I will see some new plot, quests etc. It's like the World of Warcraft - new content gets people to stay with the game and makes them want to overexplore the existing content. As for myself, adding two dialogues for Triss and Geralt is a cool idea, but not the perfect one (atleast for me). To me the biggest deal about staying with the game is the new content. I feel sad that Triss character has been faded in W3. So for me the best fix to the problem would be giving her a role in one of the future DLCs.

This is now the largest thread on the forum, still no response from CDPR. . .

I would not worry too much for now.
I'm pretty sure they saw the thread and read some of it at least. As of now, I don't think they could say much to be honest. They're probably still working hard on fixing bugs.
I'd rather wait a bit more and get an answer that gives us something concrete than something like a shallow "we will look into it". =)

Yeah I'm almost wishing I had 100% my first playthrough because I'm definitely having a hard time getting motivated for a 2nd playthrough after seeing the ending and the empty castle. I did miss a lot in my first playthrough though, I sort of sped through Skellige in order to try to see if there was more Triss content. Next time I'm thinking of doing Skellige first and maybe go back and forth between Skellige and Novigrad, and then saving the Triss Now or Never until after Ugly Baby.

A new game+ mode might actually help me get through this 2nd playthrough, if I knew that was waiting for me at the end. It really does get boring then there's no more main story. It was a bit different with Skyrim though because there was so many things to do, but mods had a lot to do with that too.
i managed to do 3 first one i tried to pull yen and triss .. awww unlucky for geralt and i rushed to the end..

second run was a triss run while my fav well ending!!
one of the reasons i feel so passionate of this thread and the real need for decent triss content !
it was such a let down and hard to get any real feeling for triss because they kicked her to the curb every chance they could!!

then for obvious reasons i bit the bullet and did a yen run while the ending was good i guess i did miss a few things because i didn't kill radovic ( which for some reason does make a huge diff to the endings) but thats where my distaste for the way RED forced yen apon us was the run felt nice and it all fitted nicely..

I'm now on my 4th run and i just can't stomach the thought that to get a nice game with real feelings I'm going to have to do a yen run again!! so I'm really just dragging it out praying for a reason to stop till they give us a reason to have triss as a love interest!!!

Last edited:
Ahh, I see what you're saying. I thought you meant Triss wanted to rejoin the lodge with Phillipa and Rita. But yeah, I guess she won't care about what they're doing so much because she's got more mages with her in Kovir. :p Or maybe she just knows she can't really do anything to stop Philipa so she doesn't even try? She could just want to distance herself from them. They were pretty shitty to her.

Just rewatched the scene, from Triss POV the Lodge is for protect mage and their interest, look like their intention is good, just the way they doing it is bad :D. In the end of that scene maybe Triss take the crystal for protecting her friend, i hope she doesn't intend to rejoin them after the ending in Kovir :X

Start in 16:00, i know many people miss that one :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW_gbizxi9A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom