Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is now the largest thread on the forum, still no response from CDPR. . .

It will come. Just have patience. :) Keep coming back here and at least give a couple of replies. If you run out of steam, as I am sure even I will eventually, you don't need to come back everyday. Just be sure to catch up on what you missed and offer a few thoughts to keep the discussion up. :eek:

I do hope she simply shows up in one of the Expansions.

Though, it would be awesome if we got another DLC out of it.

Short or otherwise.

I agree. I mean, I think fixing the main game would be the most rewarding fix, but I will take anything they are willing to give us. I mean, she's an important character in her own right. It would be kinda weird if she was just not included in them at all. :X

As for myself, adding two dialogues for Triss and Geralt is a cool idea, but not the perfect one (atleast for me). To me the biggest deal about staying with the game is the new content. I feel sad that Triss character has been faded in W3. So for me the best fix to the problem would be giving her a role in one of the future DLCs.

Speak for yourself. :p I think the main game is engaging enough to keep me coming back if they fixed up some of these problems. The expansions will just provide more content. If they include Triss in them, that's 2 birds with one stone. :)

I'd rather wait a bit more and get an answer that gives us something concrete than something like a shallow "we will look into it". =)

I agree. However, a single RED response would give this thread a little bit of publicity - people would be more likely to come in and say something and vote. That RED tag on the previous page really stands out. :eek:

i managed to do 3 first one i tried to pull yen and triss .. awww unlucky for geralt and i rushed to the end..

second run was a triss run while my fav well ending!!
one of the reasons i feel so passionate of this thread and the real need for decent triss content !
it was such a let down and hard to get any real feeling for triss because they kicked her to the curb every chance they could!!

then for obvious reasons i bit the bullet and did a yen run while the ending was good i guess i did miss a few things because i didn't kill radovic ( which for some reason does make a huge diff to the endings) but thats where my distaste for the way RED forced yen apon us was the run felt nice and it all fitted nicely..

I'm now on my 4th run and i just can't stomach the thought that to get a nice game with real feelings I'm going to have to do a yen run again!! so I'm really just dragging it out praying for a reason to stop till they give us a reason to have triss as a love interest!!!

Oh dang your 4th run! I'm still working on my 2nd in White Orchard, I guess I have some catching up to do. I still have to find a lot of the question marks and undiscovered places. I never did any scavenger hunts, hardly did any treasure hunts, and probably only did a few contracts. I've probably missed a lot. I can't really stand the thought of having to do a Yen run to get a "proper" game how CDPR seemed to intend on it being. I'm hoping the suggestion I got earlier about doing Skellige first before Novigrad helps a bit with a 2nd Triss run though.

Curse this game and it's highly emotional scenes (joking, joking), now i can't stop thinking about them. Also rejecting Yen just sucks but letting Triss go sucks just as much if not more ...ahh decisions..decisions. :(

Also 520 votes in our favor, great job to those that voted :)

I feel the same.
Thanks to this, I will read the books now :)
But, in the book, I can't make any choice. I hope our votes will be taken into account by CDPR.

a single RED response would give this thread a little bit of publicity - people would be more likely to come in and say something and vote

It has all the publicity it needs. More votes that are representative of gamers are of course good, but I think we've fleshed out all of the possibilities for resolution to people's qualms with the Triss story. There are only so many details the community can resolve for CDPR, considering they have to do voiceovers, animation, etc. I don't even expect this to be touched by them for a few months.

Oh dang your 4th run! I'm still working on my 2nd in White Orchard, I guess I have some catching up to do. I still have to find a lot of the question marks and undiscovered places. I never did any scavenger hunts, hardly did any treasure hunts, and probably only did a few contracts. I've probably missed a lot. I can't really stand the thought of having to do a Yen run to get a "proper" game how CDPR seemed to intend on it being. I'm hoping the suggestion I got earlier about doing Skellige first before Novigrad helps a bit with a 2nd Triss run though.
well I'm actually waying up that idea my self for my 4th but i think i may have burnt myself out on the run with lower xp and playing on the second hardest lvl this time.. I've spent most of today watching this thread not playing the game lmao!!

---------- Updated at 07:07 AM ----------

That woud be really great if more people would read all eight books (not only The Last Wish)- they are really amazing. You won't regret.
mind giving me the names of the eight books please?

well I'm actually waying up that idea my self for my 4th but i think i may have burnt myself out on the run with lower xp and playing on the second hardest lvl this time.. I've spent most of today watching this thread not playing the game lmao!!

Haha I've done the same thing today. I've spent more time on here talking rather than playing the game. I actually went back to play Witcher 2 a bit just to see more Triss, that and I've actually never finished Witcher 2 so I feel like maybe that will help a bit in my understanding of the lore for whenever I do try another Witcher 3 playthrough.

I'm also hoping that by the time I finish Witcher 2 maybe some things will be added to Witcher 3.

I meant what I said. I think this is a view that is starkly in the minority here. You are speaking for yourself and only a handful of others when you say that adding more stuff to the end/middle would be the more fulfilling route. Fixing what we already have would provide the bigger payoff.

That woud be really great if more people would read all eight books (not only The Last Wish)- they are really amazing. You won't regret.

I will eventually get around to it. :p Did I read somewhere that they don't all have an English translation yet? :eek:

It has all the publicity it needs. More votes that are representative of gamers are of course good, but I think we've fleshed out all of the possibilities for resolution to people's qualms with the Triss story. There are only so many details the community can resolve for CDPR, considering they have to do voiceovers, animation, etc. I don't even expect this to be touched by them for a few months.

This is true. This thread has plenty of publicity. You never can enough people on here voicing their concerns. Even if it's been said 100 times before. :eek:

Mornig everyone! Still more than 85% in favor.. Now that's awesome. I hope we will reach something with that effort.

Got back to my second playthrough (on death march) and sheesh i may of forgotten the first time but they really do act like Yen is Geralt's lover, i mean after meeting her the first time, talking to her in niflfgaards place and so on (you all know the rest), they act like Yen is the lover and the flirting between them - there isn't any way to avoid this stuff. Also i went through the art book (from the collectors edition) and it talks about Yen being Geralt's lover and Triss as a sometimes on and off again lover who is also a deep friend......yep they don't even try to hid the bias, oh well also this thread is i think the biggest thread on the forum, overtaking the Yen vs Triss thread :)

---------- Updated at 07:13 AM ----------

Mornig everyone! Still more than 85% in favor.. Now that's awesome. I hope we will reach something with that effort.

Morning (well it is almost night where i live), the votes keep pilling up and so do the posts, awesome amount of support going on around here :)

one thing I've found is this has been a supportive thread if fact these whole forums have been great no white knights coming in spouting that RED can do no wrong and no trolls and very few to none just coming in for a abuse everyone session and then leaving!!
just like minded ppl that want to see a better game by offering mostly supportive suggestions its been a pleasure to post here.. which is a real change from other forums of other games!!

@snakey_77 I agree with you. I've even seen some people that favor Yen come into this thread and offer their support for us with more Triss content, and more Yen & Triss content after Kael Morhen. For the most part everyone seems pretty supportive around here.

Haha I've done the same thing today. I've spent more time on here talking rather than playing the game. I actually went back to play Witcher 2 a bit just to see more Triss, that and I've actually never finished Witcher 2 so I feel like maybe that will help a bit in my understanding of the lore for whenever I do try another Witcher 3 playthrough.

I'm also hoping that by the time I finish Witcher 2 maybe some things will be added to Witcher 3.
haha i did the same thing a few days ago i did a witcher 2 play though cause like you i never finished 2 i got to flotsam and gave up cause it was to hard even on easy:) lol this time i really persisted with it and kinda got to know some of the characters better and a bit of a back story then i started the 4th run :( lol

mind giving me the names of the eight books please?

Very gladly:

Here is the correct list:

Collection of short stories:
The Last Wish
The Sword of Destiny

The Saga:
Blood of Elves
Time of Contempt
Baptism of Fire
The Swallow's Tower
Lady of the Lake (official end of the Witcher saga)

The newest standalone novel:
Season of Storms

I will eventually get around to it. :p Did I read somewhere that they don't all have an English translation yet? :eek:
You are correct - the last three books weren't officially translated to English yet :( but they will be soon. :) Here is an official link where you can buy the first five books in order: http://www.orbitbooks.net/the-witcher-books-by-andrzej-sapkowski/

In Poland and Central Europe the books are very popular (maybe even more than games) since 90s. I've never understood why the English publishers didn't release the books earlier. Anyway better late than never.

Last edited:
So anyways, i made an account on here after finishing the game for this particular problem in the game. As far as story and quality goes, i believe the game is amazing, the only part i felt lacking was relevancy of choosing Triss as your romantic choice. I was really let down towards the end of the game and was so frustrated towards the end that i started searching online if other people felt the same and i found this thread.. There are many excellent suggestions here and i hope CDPR takes a notice and at least adds what they think is possilbe, if anything.

The main problems i found were my WTF moments:
1)Triss is not at KM when you get there but Yen is. This is fine, all that is needed is somone to mention something, like Vesimir saying " Triss sent a letter, saying she'll be arriving to the party late, she's finishing up some things in Kovir but she misses you. Good thing I saw it before Yen" or something like that.
2) When Triss gets to KM, theres no dialogue with her, even tho she was clearly pissed off after the Yen kiss, and rightfully so. But why is there no dialogue to talk about that situation? pretty odd since you just confessed your love to her not too long ago in Novigrad
3)In Skellige, obviously, shes worse than a random NPC walking around. All you get is a "well?"... WTF?
4) tying into that is the zero dialogue options before the battle that may be the last of your life, just a walk-by "good luck". and this is coming from the person you chose to spend the rest of your life with and confessed your love to? Just doesnt make sense.

Anyways in general it just seems like Triss was slapped in there last minute whether or not she was your romance choice and this is a shame for a game of this caliber, especially since this is supposed to be the end of Geralts story and it really needs some closure in this department :(

There's a lot of good suggestions on this thread and i really hope CDPR takes notice. I cant bring myself to do a second play-through not matter how badly i want to because I know the frustration and emptiness I'll feel when i pick Triss again, and I will :p I'll pay money for more triss content! whether EE or expansions, we gotta make it happen

Triss absence and lack of reactivity to the romance is criminal. That coupled with the horriblly out of order Yen passionate kiss and Triss virtual silence in Skellige led to the overall experience feeling lacking despite the content that exists being often excellent and an excellent epilogue. Frustrating that with a dialogue sequence of her own at Kaer Morhen, strip out the kiss and dialogue sequence of her own at Skellige would be all that is needed to create something much more satisfying.

In Poland and Central Europe the books are very popular (maybe even more than games) since 90s. I've never understood why the English publishers didn't release the books earlier - personally I like Witcher saga more than Game of Thrones.

Yeap, everybody here in Poland talking about the Witcher :p

In Poland and Central Europe the books are very popular (maybe even more than games) since 90s. I've never understood why the English publishers didn't release the books earlier. Anyway better late than never.
Yeah, in Latvia this books was always popular, especially in russian language books.

---------- Updated at 11:00 AM ----------

Yeap, everybody here in Poland talking about the Witcher :p
Devs made awesome game!

Got back to my second playthrough (on death march) and sheesh i may of forgotten the first time but they really do act like Yen is Geralt's lover, i mean after meeting her the first time, talking to her in niflfgaards place and so on (you all know the rest), they act like Yen is the lover and the flirting between them - there isn't any way to avoid this stuff. Also i went through the art book (from the collectors edition) and it talks about Yen being Geralt's lover and Triss as a sometimes on and off again lover who is also a deep friend......yep they don't even try to hid the bias, oh well also this thread is i think the biggest thread on the forum, overtaking the Yen vs Triss thread :)

I'm not a huge fan of the fact in act 1 that i feel like i have to resist Yen, whereas i'm fighting the game to express interest in Triss. It feels a very minor issue in comparison with Triss appalling lack of content or reactivity at Kaer Morhen and her virtual silence in Skellige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom