Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like Triss in the 1st game. I didn't like waking up to her in the 2nd game. I still haven't forgiven Letho for dragging her out of that Nilfgaardiandungeon. Now here she is again in the 3rd game wanting more.
I don't know who Geralt would chose. If he wants to be so indecisive I'm gonna ignore both and fool around with other women.

Yep,there's just no way to get rid of Triss.Dumped her in TW1?Well,too bad,you still wake up next to her in TW2 and not just that,but you're also in a relationship with her for some reason.Choose to help Roche/Iorveth instead of saving her?Letho saves her.Said goodbye to her in TW3?Yennefer still invites her to Kaer Morhen,and Triss even says,that i should thank Yen for invating her.Oh,thank you,Yen.Thank you SO much.

I'm not utterly opposed to yen getting more content alongside Triss, but since Yen has already got far better treatment than Triss that's not anywhere near as important as Triss as Triss getting something to make up for the very sub-par treatment post Novigrad.

The fact that Yen gets more content than Triss in both right and wrong.It might seem that she gets more content and yes granted she kinda does but its also an "illusion"because her story is back to back with Kaer Morhen while Triss has a big gap from Novigrad to KM.
I think both of the romance options should be extended because while Yen gets all the acknowledgement and Triss gets none ,even if you romance them or not, the problem remains the same with Yen or Triss only in reverse.You still don't get to explain your choices to other side characters and hear their thoughts and you don't get to interact any more with you romance option after KM(with very few exceptions for Triss,a some more with Yen).If these changes were to be implemented in the game they would greatly enhance the immersion and the tense that builds up to the end of the game and the final mission.

---------- Updated at 11:59 AM ----------

Yep,there's just no way to get rid of Triss.Dumped her in TW1?Well,too bad,you still wake up next to her in TW2 and not just that,but you're also in a relationship with her for some reason.Choose to help Roche/Iorveth instead of saving her?Letho saves her.Said goodbye to her in TW3?Yennefer still invites her to Kaer Morhen,and Triss even says,that i should thank Yen for invating her.Oh,thank you,Yen.Thank you SO much.

I think you are in an entirely wrong forum and plus its kinda late to complain about TW1 and TW2 don't you think?

Some of our conversion we had yesterday got me trying to figure out where the break began and what story affected what...got me thinking in a different direction...CDPR should consider breaking down and adding a full 4th Act! or an 'active' epilogue so the player can say his individual good byes, clear out his witcher contracts and side quests remaining...even add a few more as a result of the player's choices.

During this time he would have a chance to visit with his old friends and get right with the world. It would give closure to the story and allow the player to fell like he isn't sprinting to the end of the world!

Now, if they did this, they STILL would need to make a few changes to the current version of Act 2 and Act 3...some very minor issues I think(which means THEY are bind blowingly difficult to actually accomplish). When Geralt makes his choice, there should be some recognition of this down the story-stream.

Kaer Morhen: when Geralt arrives, his love should be there waiting.
If thats Yen, then they have that covered right now! Perfectly even...
If it's Triss though, then they have to add her! A first meeting scene, she could part to her 'chores' and it might make the bed getting destroyed scene make more sense...especially the PISSED off Yen he finds who is NOT up for a discussion(seen the videos on this). The drinking scene takes on an entirely new meaning...and Lambert/Eskal reactions would probably have to be redon. OK!!! That's a major rework BUT...IMO, its a must(and I say that sadly and with grim determination).

Return with Ciri:
Geralt might find a moment to try to soften Ciri on the 'change' his heart has had...maybe, maybe not. When they arrive in the courtyard, Triss should great Geralt first ex-nay the Yen kiss and then they continue on with the prepwork. A scene with Triss or at the very least a cut-scene where she gives him one of her 'looks' or a brief embrace/touch as they pass, with an indifferent looking Yen seeing it...maybe Ciri too. Everything on through the fight even I think fits.

Novigrad 2: The word of Geralt choosing Triss would have preceded Geralt back.
THEY would have a room, Dandelion could tell them. Some others might have a dialog option dropped in...and conversation chains during the bathhouse quest would require some changes. And a scene where the two sneak out to her old 'cozy flat' for a few hours of alone time. I am sure I've 'glossed' over this and it TOO wouldn't be that 'easy' but I am flying by the seat of my pants on this...stream-of-consciousness ya know!

Skelliga 2 and the Boat: to the current end:
Add in a reactive and compassionate Triss (see Novigrad 1 and the rekindling of the flame type stuff if you need suggestions) Recognition from the Clan leaders in Skelliga and a much more involved parting conversation with Triss. Add in a better, more focused talk about where they will go when its all over and I think you have a winner.

In all this, I think the default last half of the game Yen, doesn't need much changing at all. Her sad introspection while Geralt and Ciri are having their moments play right into this...the player can only guess what she is really thinking about.

I'm not utterly opposed to yen getting more content alongside Triss, but since Yen has already got far better treatment than Triss that's not anywhere near as important as Triss as Triss getting something to make up for the very sub-par treatment post Novigrad.
which is why I've been kinda pushing for a rewrite for TRISS in a way just before KM and till the end to give us a more defining choice of where geralts love lies ..

choose yen the game stays basically the way it is now without much TRISS interaction because well on your bike dear I'm off with yen..

if i choose TRISS she gets most of the yen story parts in KM and after till the end sure throw in a few yen quests like the prison 1 etc but let geralt and the player focus more and do more with TRISS because he chose TRISS..

i still believe it will be a worthy addition to the game to give TRISS a clear defining love story even if its at a cost to players.. dlc wise

Last edited:

can't get rid of Yen either... don't see why we need to get rid of either since Geralt cares for both and they have important parts to play in the story regardless of who the player choose to romance...
Don't see a point to this argument at all...

The fact that Yen gets more content than Triss in both right and wrong.It might seem that she gets more content and yes granted she kinda does but its also an "illusion"because her story is back to back with Kaer Morhen while Triss has a big gap from Novigrad to KM.
I think both of the romance options should be extended because while Yen gets all the acknowledgement and Triss gets none ,even if you romance them or not, the problem remains the same with Yen or Triss only in reverse.You still don't get to explain your choices to other side characters and hear their thoughts and you don't get to interact any more with you romance option after KM(with very few exceptions for Triss,a some more with Yen).If these changes were to be implemented in the game they would greatly enhance the immersion and the tense that builds up to the end of the game and the final mission.

I never actually bothered to give a "measure" to how much content both characters get, it does feel like Yen has a lot more, but even if it turned out minute per minute Triss ended up having more, it would still not be satisfying for me.
Because the real issue for me, is like the thread implies, is the inconsistency of the romancing option, how few the intimate moments are, and how the other characters react or don't react to the choice.

Some I think should be easily changed tbh, some examples would be to have Triss have a romance dialogue before the final battle and have her be the one to take you to the tower, to have Triss comfort you in the Vesimir funeral.
and shouldn't be too troublesome to add some scenes in the game, like a dialogue about the Yen kiss in front on Triss, or even dialogue between yen and Triss and geralt about the "trio" situation and how it affects their romance and friendships

ps: rose of remembrance coming back to life in a romantic scene would be awesome :)

Last edited:
I think both of the romance options should be extended because while Yen gets all the acknowledgement and Triss gets none ,even if you romance them or not, the problem remains the same with Yen or Triss only in reverse.You still don't get to explain your choices to other side characters and hear their thoughts and you don't get to interact any more with you romance option after KM(with very few exceptions for Triss,a some more with Yen). If these changes were to be implemented in the game they would greatly enhance the immersion and the tense that builds up to the end of the game and the final mission.

I don't think it's illusionary. Skellige and Novigrad are equal in terms of content for the 2 women. Kaer Morhen is completely one sided in favour of Yen and last act is largely one sided in terms of Yen content(even if you argue that content isn't all romance specific). As a whole i agree the game could have done with more reactivity and ability to reflect on choices with key friends such as Dandelion/Zoltan etc.

I don't think it's illusionary. Skellige and Novigrad are equal in terms of content for the 2 women. Kaer Morhen is completely one sided in favour of Yen and last act is largely one sided in terms of Yen content(even if you argue that content isn't all romance specific). As a whole i agree the game could have done with more reactivity and ability to reflect on choices with key friends such as Dandelion/Zoltan etc.

Of course its not only illusionary Yen has more content thats a fact, its just seems even more because of the consecutive quests.
Honestly i don't know they should change the fact that Yen has more content since she is like a mother to Ciri but they should definitely expand romance in general.

Not even comparable to how they forced Yen on us on TW3:
Geralt acting like a idiot around her and flirting at every freaking opportunity even though he is romancing Triss ?

Everyone constantly referencing their romance?
etc.
Not to mention how they just shove her into your face from Skellige onwards

Its as if Triss doesn't exist anymore after the Novigrad arc

which is why I've been kinda pushing for a rewrite for TRISS in a way just before KM and till the end to give us a more defining choice of where geralts love lies ..

choose yen the game stays basically the way it is now without much TRISS interaction because well on your bike dear I'm off with yen..

if i choose TRISS she gets most of the yen story parts in KM and after till the end sure throw in a few yen quests like the prison 1 etc but let geralt and the player focus more and do more with TRISS because he chose TRISS..

i still believe it will be a worthy addition to the game to give TRISS a clear defining love story even if its at a cost to players.. dlc wise

To me Kaer Morhen is an open sore i keep picking. Yen relationship gets 100% focus/reactivity and Triss zero focus/reactivity, culminating in the in your face lazy here's Yen snogging Geralt's face off with Triss barely reacting. I don't even think she needs to take Yen's story part of Kaer Morhen. She just should be there involved with people reacting to the choice and we should be confronting the personal animosities before Ciri's arrival necessitates romance elements taking a somewhat back seat.

Equally towards the last act i wouldn't argue Triss should be shoehorned into Yen's role but she equally shouldn't be standing on the ship with just the word 'well' to say.

Not even comparable to how they forced Yen on us on TW3:
Geralt acting like a idiot around her and flirting at every freaking opportunity even though he is romancing Triss ?

Everyone constantly referencing their romance?
etc.
Not to mention how they just shove her into your face from Skellige onwards

Its as if Triss doesn't exist anymore after the Novigrad arc

How is it not comparable?It's just as bad in Triss's case if not worse.You can break up with Triss in TW1,but in TW2 Geralt and Triss are a couple,whether you like it or not.Geralt flirts with her at every opportunity and gets jealous,when someone else hits on her,and everyone constantly reference their romance.
Also Triss gets shoved into your face in TW1 and TW2,and Yen only in TW3

I was trying to forget about missing redhead part of this game and play once more with Yen. And I just can't. For me this game is masterpiece without a soul, a beautiful body without a heart. I'm not able to love this game.

CDPR say something, we're waiting.

Last edited:
How is it not comparable?It's just as bad in Triss's case if not worse.You can break up with Triss in TW1,but in TW2 Geralt and Triss are a couple,whether you like it or not.Geralt flirts with her at every opportunity and gets jealous,when someone else hits on her,and everyone constantly reference their romance.
Also Triss gets shoved into your face in TW1 and TW2,and Yen only in TW3

So your suggestion is that because she existed as a romance in TW1 and TW2 she shouldn't exist in TW3??
You do realise thats lore-breaking because even if she is not your romance she is still someone who Geralt deeply cares for and a person very close to Ciri and Yen.
If i understand this correctly you are saying that she sould get even less content because you don't like her and you want CDPR to compensate you for putting a lot of Triss into their previous games by removing whats left of her in the latest.

So your suggestion is that because she existed as a romance in TW1 and TW2 she shouldn't exist in TW3??
You do realise thats lore-breaking because even if she is not your romance she is still someone who Geralt deeply cares for and a person very close to Ciri and Yen.
If i understand this correctly you are saying that she sould get even less content because you don't like her and you want CDPR to compensate you for putting a lot of Triss into their previous games by removing whats left of her in the latest.

I'm not suggesting to remove Triss from TW3.I just think,that she should not have been forced as a romance in TW2 on those of us,who broke up with her in TW1.

I'm not suggesting to remove Triss from TW3.I just think,that she should not have been forced as a romance in TW2 on those of us,who broke up with her in TW1.

The rest of use here are pretty much asking for the same thing you want which is "Consistency of our romance's choice".
Partly you are right maybe they should have implemented that but that was 4-8 years ago.
Right now we are trying to improve the current game by giving some useful feedback and you are complaining about something that is in the past and can't possibly change no matter what you ,me or anyone else has to say which is pointless.

Last edited:
To me Kaer Morhen is an open sore i keep picking. Yen relationship gets 100% focus/reactivity and Triss zero focus/reactivity, culminating in the in your face lazy here's Yen snogging Geralt's face off with Triss barely reacting. I don't even think she needs to take Yen's story part of Kaer Morhen. She just should be there involved with people reacting to the choice and we should be confronting the personal animosities before Ciri's arrival necessitates romance elements taking a somewhat back seat.

Equally towards the last act i wouldn't argue Triss should be shoehorned into Yen's role but she equally shouldn't be standing on the ship with just the word 'well' to say.
maybe I'm pushing for a little more than i should.. for a full rewrite down the yen side from after uma onwards if I've chosen TRISS

i want to see TRISS there after i get uma and go to KM if TRISS is chosen as i should see letho and keira if they are recruited!!

where as a rewrite for TRISS down the yen side at the KM point could and has to put TRISS as more of the choice and there at the point after i collect uma.. yen has to be helping out because she has a vested interest because of her strong ties to ciri

they can still put some dialog to the TRISS and yen saga if you have chosen yen and obviously TRISS comes back to help for the KM fight at this point we really don't need triss to be at KM till before the fight because she has gone to kovir!! even to the point that a little dialog between then could occur in novigrad after the KM battle that geralt can walk in on them having a little argument or what not!!

if we ever get some decent TRISS content from uma pick up on wards they really need to fix the letho and keira issue as well!!

as for the well ? ( which i greatly detest ) dialog on the boat well in all fairness you don't get much out of yen or cirri for that matter you can only ask them the same questions that you can in novigrad before skellige so quite a lot of that should be re written to give us better interaction with ciri yen and TRISS:) I

i would like to see the rose of remembrance be used with some great dialog maybe in the tent before the last fight if TRISS is chosen .. not just GOOD LUCK .. it even felt like GOOD LUCK i hope you don't DIE!!!

after all that i can sort of see now why they forced yen so much as the cannon love interest .. time constraints and sheer lack of staff in there organisation in comparison to larger studios .. hence why at the KM part they took the lesser of 2 evils when you enter TRISS in to the romance mix you force a bit of a let down story because you then have to throw her in at KM earlier and by that token letho and keira if you have recruited them and what we have to have things for them to do ? or are they going to be static "well?'' npcs till you get back with ciri where as you get back with ciri if TRISS isn't chosen and bang everyone turns up game on!!

still want more TRISS content please RED!! :)

Last edited:
The rest of use here are pretty much asking for the same thing you want which is "Consistency of our romance's choice".
Partly you are right maybe they should have implemented that but that was 4-8 years ago.
Right now we are trying to improve the current game by giving some useful feedback and you are complaining about something that is in the past and can't possibly change no matter what you ,me or anyone else has to say which is pointless.

I guess i just hadn't had a chance to complain about it as much as i wanted to,back then,so i just can't resist not to complain now :)
But regarding the topic.Even though i had enough of Triss for a lifetime,i have nothing against her getting more content,as long as other characters get some too.

I guess i just hadn't had a chance to complain about it as much as i wanted to,back then,so i just can't resist not to complain now :)
But regarding the topic.Even though i had enough of Triss for a lifetime,i have nothing against her getting more content,as long as other characters get some too.

For what it's worth I understand your disappointment that your choice was not recognized. I'm with you that it was unfair that if you rejected her in Witcher 1 and 2 that they still treated it like you were in a relationship with her. Our choice to romance Triss was not recognized throughout Witcher 3 outside of her scenes and the epilogue slide. All we're just asking is to fix some of the inconsistencies and have our choices matter. From what Yen fans have said it seems even her romance started to go downhill once Ciri arrived at Kaer Morhen. Hopefully CDPR will address this issue properly by having our choices matter and be recognized.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom