Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jou05 (and everyone else) Show your support by adding a Triss avatar, just like the rest of us - just a few, but okay:p - did.

Psychological warfare 101 ;)

---------- Updated at 08:39 PM ----------

Is it just me or is the forum extremely slow atm?

Last edited:
@Jou05 (and everyone else) Show your support by adding a Triss avatar, just like the rest of us - just a few, but okay:p - did.

Psychological warfare 101 ;)

---------- Updated at 08:39 PM ----------

Is it just me or is the forum extremely slow atm?

No it is going quite slow for me as well

---------- Updated at 06:49 PM ----------

Of course I'm dissatisfied
CDPR clearly favoured Yennefer in TW3 and shafted Triss (basically the main girl/romance in the first two games)

Its nice to see that someone from CDPR replied to the issue (in another thread, maybe they really are listening) but I can't say I agree with him
The romance scene was lame but thats not even the biggest issue, Triss just disappearing after Novigrad and having no real interactions with Yen or Ciri (and not many with Geralt either) is just disappointing and there is no good justification for it

The romance is half assed and clearly was an afterthought
Meanwhile the game clearly points you towards Yennefer as the "real" and "true" romance (from the Geralt and Yen interactions to other people commenting on it etc.)

I get that Yen is Geralts true love in the books but the games stand on their own and aren't canon (like the writer of the books said) so there really was no reason to suddenly force her on us and get rid of Triss

I'm hoping for more Triss in future DLC but I doubt it will be anything significant, its not like they will suddenly include a more satisfying romance with her in the main game, that ship has sailed

We understand the dissatisfaction... Show support with Triss avatar and stay in the discussion.

Last edited:
Of course I'm dissatisfied
CDPR clearly favoured Yennefer in TW3 and shafted Triss (basically the main girl/romance in the first two games)

Its nice to see that someone from CDPR replied to the issue (in another thread, maybe they really are listening) but I can't say I agree with him
The romance scene was lame but thats not even the biggest issue, Triss just disappearing after Novigrad and having no real interactions with Yen or Ciri (and not many with Geralt either) is just disappointing and there is no good justification for it

The romance is half assed and clearly was an afterthought
Meanwhile the game clearly points you towards Yennefer as the "real" and "true" romance (from the Geralt and Yen interactions to other people commenting on it etc.)

I get that Yen is Geralts true love in the books but the games stand on their own and aren't canon (like the writer of the books said) so there really was no reason to suddenly force her on us and get rid of Triss

I'm hoping for more Triss in future DLC but I doubt it will be anything significant, its not like they will suddenly include a more satisfying romance with her in the main game, that ship has sailed

we own ourselves to try. and please remember we are not in EA/Ubi forums, this is CDPR and that's why I still (allow myself to) have hope

Isn't just about Triss, Yen have more content, yes, but anyway I think they have too little content, Triss have less, but I really want more quests, or dialogues with both Triss and Yen.

we own ourselves to try. and please remember we are not in EA/Ubi forums, this is CDPR and that's why I still (allow myself to) have hope
You never know, BioWare made the extended cut for ME3 after criticism from fans and the Citadel DLC was basically fan service. I have more faith in CDPR than BioWare so I think with enough people asking for it they'll seriously consider giving =)

That said Triss felt underwhelming, gief moar triss :<

Last edited:
---------- Updated at 05:51 PM ----------

Welcome! You have friends here.
Thank you!

It's really good to see people having the same feelings over this issue. Hopefully CDPR will answer our plea for more Merigold! She's truly an amazing character, and seems to care about Geralt a lot.

It's such a shame how underused she is in this game. She deserves a lot more.

Last edited:
Thank you!

It's really good to see people having the same feelings over this issue. Hopefully CDPR will answer our plea for more Merigold! She's truly an amazing character, and seems to care about Geralt a lot.

It's such a shame how underused she is in this game. She deserves a lot more.

Well said... All we can do is hope.

Yes to everything! I would love to see more arguments, conversations, etc with both yen and triss depending on who you chose! More content for both please!

Someone needs to get CDPR to notice this immediately! Someone message this to an employee on the forums :p

Just found this thread. Very relived to see that there are many people with the same opinion:) The romance with Triss really needs some more details, especially in the later parts of the game.

Just found this thread. Very relived to see that there are many people with the same opinion:) The romance with Triss really needs some more details, especially in the later parts of the game.

Glad to have you aboard. help us keep the thread alive!

Welcome! It's good to see more people here! Glad to have you with us.

Already 31 people voted on the poll. Hopefully more will join us!

I never thought I'd ever end up saying that, but I'm extremely disappointed with CDPR on this. When I chose Triss at W2, and gave her the Rose of Rememberence, I didn't do it for the sex scene, I meant it. I just reached Novigrad, and did the warehouse part. Finding the dried Rose at her place was very disappointing and annoying, as at that very moment I understood that they cast aside Triss for Yennefer. I was really expecting our choices to make a difference, and being able to carve out more of a lead role for Triss at Geralt's side.

I don't care for Yennefer really. I know Geralt is his own character, and based on the books and stuff, but I was really hoping for an option to choose Triss over Yennefer, especially after giving her the Rose at the previous game. Even if it is possible to romance her, after reading about it quite a bit, it seems that our choosing Triss is a bit pointless.

Man, I've been enjoying this game 100% so far. I couldn't wait to get to Novigrad and meet her. I really feel like the wind has been taken out of my sails, if that's the proper expression. I'd really like a CDPR person to comment on that. I actually stopped playing after this point, and don't feel like coming back. I know it might be an over-reaction by me, but I was really looking forward to it.

A note really related question: What happened between the end of W2 and start of W3 ? Can anyone point me to some video or article ? I know Geralt regained his memory and started looking for Yen, but how ? where ? how did he end up with Vesemir ? After leaving Loc Muinne [spelling ?] with Triss and Iorveth, this whole start of the game felt out of place for me

For me as a Triss lover I would really appreciate a DLC with her. Especially where u can talk to her a bit more and find out more personal things. Maybe a romance DLC I dunno. Maybe she can help Geralt in a way that Triss can get pregnant by him :X

Last edited:
For me as a Triss lover I would really appreciate a DLC with her. Especially where u can talk to her a bit more and find out more personal things. Maybe a romance DLC I dunno. Maybe she can help Geralt in a way that Triss can get pregnant by him :X

How? They are both sterile as far as I know.

---------- Updated at 10:58 PM ----------

I never thought I'd ever end up saying that, but I'm extremely disappointed with CDPR on this. When I chose Triss at W2, and gave her the Rose of Rememberence, I didn't do it for the sex scene, I meant it. I just reached Novigrad, and did the warehouse part. Finding the dried Rose at her place was very disappointing and annoying, as at that very moment I understood that they cast aside Triss for Yennefer. I was really expecting our choices to make a difference, and being able to carve out more of a lead role for Triss at Geralt's side.

I don't care for Yennefer really. I know Geralt is his own character, and based on the books and stuff, but I was really hoping for an option to choose Triss over Yennefer, especially after giving her the Rose at the previous game. Even if it is possible to romance her, after reading about it quite a bit, it seems that our choosing Triss is a bit pointless.

Man, I've been enjoying this game 100% so far. I couldn't wait to get to Novigrad and meet her. I really feel like the wind has been taken out of my sails, if that's the proper expression. I'd really like a CDPR person to comment on that. I actually stopped playing after this point, and don't feel like coming back. I know it might be an over-reaction by me, but I was really looking forward to it.

A note really related question: What happened between the end of W2 and start of W3 ? Can anyone point me to some video or article ? I know Geralt regained his memory and started looking for Yen, but how ? where ? how did he end up with Vesemir ? After leaving Loc Muinne [spelling ?] with Triss and Iorveth, this whole start of the game felt out of place for me

One of our many arguments for how Triss was short handed to make room for Yen

@Maydawn I wouldn't say that choosing Triss is pointless, the few scenes and missions that she has are all very nice, and not to spoil anything in particular you will still be able to choose her over Yen. It is just a shame that the game doesn't include her more in the story or at least gives her more dialog options with Geralt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom