Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose rather than Geralt actually witnessing the heated argument but seeing the fallout from the exchange & get second hand account of it from the LI.
I think the later acceptance scene would make much more sense to have all three present.

I think Geralt simply needs to tell them his choice with the one he choose present.

I think Triss knows that when he said he love her at the docks and begged her to stay with him his feeling were sincere but, she still has doubt because Yen is alway close by.

If Geralt talk to both of them together and tells Yen that Triss is the one he wants to be with and hes not willing to lose her with Triss present to see and hear him telling her that. All doubt will be eliminated for good.

Then they can finally move on to hashing out the detail about their life and future plans in Kovir.

I can understand other people thinking about Yen but even in the books although Yen and Geralt were couple I felt he had more chemistry with Triss for some reason. In all 3 games I felt the same thing too. Every conversation with Triss was lovely with Yen it felt like two people forcing themselves to have a decent conversation. Just my feelings tho.

Like I said, Triss is originally supposed to be recruited during Borther's in Arms. Why they even give you the option to do it before then is beyond me. It creates this big plot hole and I see no reason for it.
Like I said, Triss is originally supposed to be recruited during Borther's in Arms. Why they even give you the option to do it before then is beyond me. It creates this big plot hole and I see no reason for it.

They give you the option to do it before brothers in arms because the whole dock scene where you get to choose Triss over Yen was added in later after the game had been finished.

In the original game plan there was no option to choose Triss as a love interest, she is supposed to sail away at the docks. Yen is supposed to ask her to come help later on.

Giving us the choice to choose Triss as a love interest late in development is what created the huge plot hole. By the time they decided to go against their original plans and give us a choice it was way too late to redo the story to more accurately reflect that choice so we get all the plot holes that show up after Novigrad.

The more I look at the story and how the quests flow the more I believe CDPR never wanted to give the player a choice between Yen and Triss.

Both the Yen and Triss content are separated, you spend a lot of time with Triss before you ever get to really spend time with Yen and are then forced to make a romance choice before ever getting to know Yen. Spending so much time with Triss in Novigrad before heading off to Skellige to start the Yennefer content doesn't matter in the no choice game because there is no choice, Triss sails away to Kovir and you move on with Yennefer.

If CDPR had intended to give players a choice from day 1 I believe quests involving Geralt interacting with both Yennefer and Triss would have been more evenly distributed throughout the game with a choice presented to the player much later after having spent a decent amount of time with both ladies.

CDPR write very good stories and I do not for one second believe they would have written Wild Hunt the way it is written and created the game flow the way it is layed out if they had ever intended to give players a choice between Triss and Yen.

To make an analogy, the way the game is set up right now ii's like doing a taste test between Coke and Pepsi where you only get to taste Coke before making your decision. It just doesn't work lol.

I dont think they will ever be able to fix it, they did years of work before ever deciding to add Triss as a choice, you cant just redo years of work after the fact unfortunatly.

I think Geralt simply needs to tell them his choice with the one he choose present.

I think Triss knows that when he said he love her at the docks and begged her to stay with him his feeling were sincere but, she still has doubt because Yen is alway close by.

If Geralt talk to both of them together and tells Yen that Triss is the one he wants to be with and hes not willing to lose her with Triss present to see and hear him telling her that. All doubt will be eliminated for good.

Then they can finally move on to hashing out the detail about their life and future plans in Kovir.

I can understand other people thinking about Yen but even in the books although Yen and Geralt were couple I felt he had more chemistry with Triss for some reason. In all 3 games I felt the same thing too. Every conversation with Triss was lovely with Yen it felt like two people forcing themselves to have a decent conversation. Just my feelings tho.

I would like to see that!

Ciri could be present too. Its like a family drama lol. Sounds weird at the first moment but it would make sense.

They could talk about that without anyone going nuts (especially Yen hrhr). Geralt should be able to explain himself to them. Telling them about his feelings from TW1 to TW3. About everything that influenced the feelings (not by detail) but something like personality.

For me personally it doesnt matter how much time one have spent with a person if the personality changes. And since you play Geralt his personality can change with the beginning of TW1. After the amnesia. And if a person changes his mind about how to perceive the world and everything around it then the person should also be able to change his mind about love etc.

At least this is my point of view.

---------- Updated at 07:43 PM ----------

They give you the option to do it before brothers in arms because the whole dock scene where you get to choose Triss over Yen was added in later after the game had been finished.

In the original game plan there was no option to choose Triss as a love interest, she is supposed to sail away at the docks. Yen is supposed to ask her to come help later on.

Giving us the choice to choose Triss as a love interest late in development is what created the huge plot hole. By the time they decided to go against their original plans and give us a choice it was way too late to redo the story to more accurately reflect that choice so we get all the plot holes that show up after Novigrad.

The more I look at the story and how the quests flow the more I believe CDPR never wanted to give the player a choice between Yen and Triss.

Both the Yen and Triss content are separated, you spend a lot of time with Triss before you ever get to really spend time with Yen and are then forced to make a romance choice before ever getting to know Yen. Spending so much time with Triss in Novigrad before heading off to Skellige to start the Yennefer content doesn't matter in the no choice game because there is no choice, Triss sails away to Kovir and you move on with Yennefer.

If CDPR had intended to give players a choice from day 1 I believe quests involving Geralt interacting with both Yennefer and Triss would have been more evenly distributed throughout the game with a choice presented to the player much later after having spent a decent amount of time with both ladies.

CDPR write very good stories and I do not for one second believe they would have written Wild Hunt the way it is written and created the game flow the way it is layed out if they had ever intended to give players a choice between Triss and Yen.

To make an analogy, the way the game is set up right now ii's like doing a taste test between Coke and Pepsi where you only get to taste Coke before making your decision. It just doesn't work lol.

I dont think they will ever be able to fix it, they did years of work before ever deciding to add Triss as a choice, you cant just redo years of work after the fact unfortunatly.

These are all speculations right?

I mean many of the people here think about Triss as a romance choice was added later. But we have no evidence for that to say that for sure.

It's a very compelling theory. We won't know it's true unless they comment on the issue. If it is true i seriously wonder what the heck they were thinking if they originally devised the game in a way that had zero player choice in the issue.

I agree we need reflection of Geralt making his choice but I think the 2 women need to have a confrontation too, even if we just hear about it second hand. Personally i think if Triss was at Kaer Morhen, she could be in the tower arguing with Yen when geralt goes up to the megascope conversation. Allow Yen to spit her angry hurt venom at Geralt & Triss, who then could defend their love. Instead of her teleporting you away she could teleport herself to a different location in Kaer Morhen. Triss asks you to go smooth things over and once you have a slightly more civil conversation the current uma missions begin.

I don't think Triss was added as a love interest late in development, my reason for believing this comes from this video that came out a week or so after the initial announcement of the game. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOCAgHYPtF4 starting at about the 3 minute mark). They mention how they still have that bond that is very difficult to say "no" to, EVEN with Geralt remembering exactly who Yennefer is. I refuse to believe Triss' romance was added in as an afterthought, BUT I do believe they seriously dropped the ball on this, as many of you have pointed out over the course of almost 600 pages (wow). Anyways, don't lose hope! We'll keep fighting the good fight! :D

I agree we need reflection of Geralt making his choice but I think the 2 women need to have a confrontation too, even if we just hear about it second hand. Personally i think if Triss was at Kaer Morhen, she could be in the tower arguing with Yen when geralt goes up to the megascope conversation. Allow Yen to spit her angry hurt venom at Geralt & Triss, who then could defend their love. Instead of her teleporting you away she could teleport herself to a different location in Kaer Morhen. Triss asks you to go smooth things over and once you have a slightly more civil conversation the current uma missions begin.

Shut up and take my money!

Let's keep this support going, I am confident that CDPROJEKTRED will come up with solutions to our concerns. They may not be able to address everything and thats understandable but, I am very confident they will balance this out in a manner that satisfies everyone.

So far from their previous projects they have really shown that their fans and what the fans think are very important to them.

All we can do is continue our unwavering support for Triss and the other characters.

My friend who was team Yen before game was released and she tried to convince me that Yen is better for Geralt in first PT choose Yen. And she decided in second PT for science and because I convince her just to test choosing Triss, so after second PT she completely in #teamTriss.
I gave to her link to this thread, so tomorrow she will create account and will join us.:victory:

It's a very compelling theory. We won't know it's true unless they comment on the issue. If it is true i seriously wonder what the heck they were thinking if they originally devised the game in a way that had zero player choice in the issue.

I didn't follow the devs interviews or any spoilery article. I just watched the trailers on youtube once they were released. So there might be things I might have missed but my best guess would be by the end of the witcher 2 they already had the script of Witcher 3 and everything was set in the stone and maybe they didn't expect Triss to become this popular. I realize that many romanced Triss in the first game but not so much to consider as a real rival to the main character as Yen so at that point an option to choose Triss over Yen wasn't on the table but short after Witcher 2 they decided to revise the script and quests. If I'm not mistaken the first Witcher 3 gameplay footage came in 2013 and Witcher 2 was released in 2011 and I know there are a lot work dedicated to witcher 2 between 2011 and 2013 as I know there is an Enchanted Version that I bought. I think revising the script in such periods between two games would cause such inconsistencies regardless of how much effort they put in it.

I was a little late to the dialogues party a few pages back, here's my humble contribution.

This assumes that Triss arrives with Geralt to KM when they bring UMA:

V: Hello Geralt, Triss.
G: Hey.
T: Hello, old man, missed me?
V: Mmh. Happy to see you. Others, maybe not so much.
(look between G&T)
V: Yeah, she is here, and she threw your old bed down the balcony. (looking at UMA) Who is that, you two have a kid already?
G:I'll explain later, we need to discuss him with Yen.
T:Yeah, where is she?
V: She's set up in your old room. (Looks at the two of the more closely). If my instincts don't fail me, she won't be exactly thrilled to see that you two... Ahh not my business... Just do me a favor and have your little reunion outside, the fortress is battered enough as it is.
G: What?
T: (lauhging)Don't worry I'll behave.

(G&T enter the fortress. They look at the wreckage)
G: It was a good bed.
T: True, not that we ever needed one.

(They enter the fortress and enter the room)
Yen is coughing and cursing as the megascope explodes.
T: Hey Yenna, I see that you made yourself comfortable in MY room.
Y: I'm not in the mood for this shit right now.
T: Bed was causing problems with your communications, that why your threw it out?
G: Triss...
Y: Listen little girl, that bed-
T: Was MINE... actually it was OURS-
G: Triss, the fortress.
T: (draws breath) Fine... Yen, how are you?
Y: (takes a moment to compose herself). "Very good" and you?
T: Managing... Do you know where you are?
G: Triss, enough.
T: Not what I meant. Yen, you do realize you are in KM right?
Y: (Glare)
T: If you had ever been here, you would know Witchers live here-
Y: Your point? Or would you rather end up like this megascope here.
T: My point, Yen, is that witchers use BOMBS, some of them with demirium. If I recall, Lambert was quite fond of-
Y: (Yen understands and interrupts her) I see, in that case, won't you be a good little girl and find them? Here (hands the weird device).
T: Sure why not? Geralt, help me out? I can tell she needs to cool off for a bit.

(both leave)
G: Triss, what the fuck was that?
T: Sorry Geralt, got carried away, reminded me too much of old times.
G: Just be civil, we are all here to find Ciri.
T: I know I know and I'm helping. She didn't have to take over my old room though.
G: She's... Whatever, let's find the dammed things.

I was a little late to the dialogues party a few pages back, here's my humble contribution.

(look between G&T)
V: Yeah, she is here, and she threw your old bed down the balcony. (looking at UMA) Who is that, you two have a kid already?
V: She's set up in your old room. (Looks at the two of the more closely). If my instincts don't fail me, she won't be exactly thrilled to see that you two... Ahh not my business... Just do me a favor and have your little reunion outside, the fortress is battered enough as it is.

T: Bed was causing problems with your communications, that why your threw it out?
T: My point, Yen, is that witchers use BOMBS, some of them with demirium. If I recall, Lambert was quite fond of-
Y: (Yen understands and interrupts her) I see, in that case, won't you be a good little girl and find them? Here (hands the weird device).
T: Sure why not? Geralt, help me out? I can tell she needs to cool off for a bit.

(both leave)
T: I know I know and I'm helping. She didn't have to take over my old room though.

Interesting little cat fight, very interesting

I don't think Triss was added as a love interest late in development, my reason for believing this comes from this video that came out a week or so after the initial announcement of the game. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOCAgHYPtF4 starting at about the 3 minute mark). They mention how they still have that bond that is very difficult to say "no" to, EVEN with Geralt remembering exactly who Yennefer is. I refuse to believe Triss' romance was added in as an afterthought, BUT I do believe they seriously dropped the ball on this, as many of you have pointed out over the course of almost 600 pages (wow). Anyways, don't lose hope! We'll keep fighting the good fight! :D

IF the Triss romance choice wasn't added late in development and was really intended to be there from day 1 then CDPR did a horrible job on the game flow and the story, like a this is the first game they have ever made kind of horrible job. I dont believe that for a second.

The story and game flow is set up for Triss to sail away to Kovir that is undeniable and if you play it that way the story works perfectly there are no plot holes at all. The game flow and the way the quests are layed out is not indicative of making a choice between Triss and Yen.

You cant think about the characters from the perspective of someone who has played previous Witcher games or someone who has read the books, you must look at the story as someone who is new to the Witcher series.

Now ask yourself why would they make you, a new player, choose between Triss and Yen early in the game after spending so little time with Yen and so much time with Triss, only to then make you spend most of the remaining game time getting to know more about Yen AFTER you were forced to make a choice. Remember there is no option to rethink your decision at the docks later on, that is your choice time right there.

So you honestly think CDPR are so incompetent game design wise as to not notice that making a choice at the docks between the two women in Geralts life doesnt work because the player has not been properly introduced to Yennefer's character yet? I would find that rather insulting if I was CDPR.

In the immortal words of Robert Downy Jr from Tropic Thunder "CDPR went full book with Wild Hunt, you never go full book".

(look between G&T)

(both leave)

I personally find that Geralt is a bit of....

best videogamecouple ever :)

Attachments

• 2015-06-21_00008.jpg
    2015-06-21_00008.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom