Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, because of the issues discussed in this forum I find myself not wanting to go through another playthrough. I may be asking for too much but I want to be able to spend more time with Triss after I pick her as a love interest. Or at the end of the game go visit here until our departure to Kovir.

I can't finish knowing Triss is nowhere to be found and everyone simply disappear.

I wanted so much for the other characters to react to my choice to be with Triss.

Well I am spending the next 10 or so weeks working part time for the summer. Saving enough money to buy myslef a new laptop that can run Witcher 3 on ultra. Then I will do a 3rd playthrough.
Atm I had to play on low with textures and detail on medium withonly 30fps, so it will feel totally different when i play next. Hopefully some patches and possibly DLC will be out by then.

I would go and replay STALKER... but that is what I did before Witcher 3 came out...

Nothing else on the same level...

I want to play it again. But will wait. Some more patches and DLCs and fixes... and then... again...

So do you think they intended to have more content in there but had to cut because of budget or something like that?

Personally think they got the balance completely wrong. They were over eager to implement Yen faithfully. Think they made a desperately bad decision to fill Kaer Morhen with Yen(whether romance or fallout from ending 20 year relationship) and Triss got pushed off a cliff. Main plot thread really takes over from then on. Act 3 feels very rushed in every regard so that very much makes it worse, especially as they likely didn't know what to do with her quest wise in the desperate attempt to close off the story. In absolute terms its Kaer Morhen where the vast discrepancy in romance content exists.

Personally think they got the balance completely wrong. They were over eager to implement Yen faithfully. Think they made a desperately bad decision to fill Kaer Morhen with Yen(whether romance or fallout from ending 20 year relationship) and Triss got pushed off a cliff. Main plot thread really takes over from then on. Act 3 feels very rushed in every regard so that very much makes it worse, especially as they likely didn't know what to do with her quest wise in the desperate attempt to close off the story. In absolute terms its Kaer Morhen where the vast discrepancy in romance content exists.

Unless you romance Triss before going to Skelige like I did, constant Cerys saying how Geralt is drawn to Yennefer. I was sitting here like "Erm no, no I'm not, Triss is my choice"

Definitely got the balance wrong. Let's hope they respond to the fans and fix this. They are able to add into the game using dlc/patches. So it's not difficult to fix some of these problem.

Last edited:
. Act 3 feels very rushed in every regard so that very much makes it worse, especially as they likely didn't know what to do with her quest wise in the desperate attempt to close off the story.

The game desperately needs and enhanced edition to fill in the gaps post Kaer Morhen. They did something similar with the Witcher 2 when they added a lot of content to the 3 chapter.

Definately got the balance wrong. Let's hope they respond to the fans and fix this. They are able to add into the game using dlc/patches. So it's not difficult to fix some of these problem.

On the Immersion Destroyer thread, someone pasted a response they got -

Greetings,

I'm very sorry you feel this way. Could you link the thread with the poll that you mentioned? Also, stay tuned for the coming DLCs!

At the same time thank you very much for your kind words about the game and for being so invested in it

So they do seem to be taking an interest an interest in the issues fans have. This Triss thread is the biggest one on here by a long shot so hopefully they are aware of our thoughts.

---------- Updated at 10:41 PM ----------

The game desperately needs and enhanced edition to fill in the gaps post Kaer Morhen. They did something similar with the Witcher 2 when they added a lot of content to the 3 chapter.

The only version of Witcher 2 I have is the Enhanced edition, what was it like before - what was added in the version i have?

On the Immersion Destroyer thread, someone pasted a response they got -

Greetings,

I'm very sorry you feel this way. Could you link the thread with the poll that you mentioned? Also, stay tuned for the coming DLCs!

At the same time thank you very much for your kind words about the game and for being so invested in it

So they do seem to be taking an interest an interest in the issues fans have. This Triss thread is the biggest one on here by a long shot so hopefully they are aware of our thoughts.

---------- Updated at 10:41 PM ----------

The only version of Witcher 2 I have is the Enhanced edition, what was it like before - what was added in the version i have?

Were they referring to the poll we have going here?

Oh ok, what was that poll about exactly. I'm not familiar.

The super empty feeling during the endgame.

They let you continue playing in a world before the final fight but removed everyone of note from the game so it feels kinda empty and pointless to keep playing.

It was actually the reason I made an account here in the first place, to vote on that poll, because I had the feeling they were describing.

Check it out its the second biggest thread after this one (But this one is waaaaay bigger lol)

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer?p=1792902#post1792902

---------- Updated at 10:58 PM ----------

Before the Enhanced Edition there was less content in the 3rd Act, you can see what they changed here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher_2:_Enhanced_Edition

Indeed.

O wow thats actually quite a lot of additions I'm impressed.

The super empty feeling during the endgame.

They let you continue playing in a world before the final fight but removed everyone of note from the game so it feels kinda empty and pointless to keep playing.

It was actually the reason I made an account here in the first place, to vote on that poll, because I had the feeling they were describing.

Check it out its the second biggest thread after this one (But this one is waaaaay bigger lol)

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer?p=1792902#post1792902

Good news but, if they responded to such a small forum. I am wondering why they aren't responding to this forum more.

Now thats really interesting. But I really dont know if Triss would react like that. Knowing Yen has enough problems because of Ciri, Geralt broke up with her etc.
She would be patient I think. But the beginning was great ! Facing Yen like that ohh she wont stay that calm.. (portal kick over the lake inc.)

They never made the women interact, so unfortunately we don't know how their first encounter would have played out. Again this is just my interpretation.

And believe me, all women have their nasty side, even the best of them. Remember that Yen had taken over her room (in her mind it was hers) and destroyed her bed, where she had nursed Geralt back to health, among other things. A symbol to their relationship in a way (and why Yen destroyed it in the first place "It wasn't helping her forget").

There's also the fact that she always had an inferiority complex regarding Yen, both because the other woman was more mature and worldly and because of Geralt. So in a way in some part of her mind, now that she has made her place in the world and has gotten the man, she wants to "put her in her place" so to speak. She'll probably realize her mistake later and apologize. Again, just my interpretation, we are sadly left to fill in the blanks.

I think because the poster got in touch with CDPR themselves and told them of the thread.

I did that too around page 400 or so that's when we got our first visit from a Triss fan dev REDDORIGEN. I messaged him again inviting him back but so far nothing.

They never made the women interact, so unfortunately we don't know how their first encounter would have played out. Again this is just my interpretation.

And believe me, all women have their nasty side, even the best of them. Remember that Yen had taken over her room (in her mind it was hers) and destroyed her bed, where she had nursed Geralt back to health, among other things. A symbol to their relationship in a way (and why Yen destroyed it in the first place "It wasn't helping her forget").

There's also the fact that she always had an inferiority complex regarding Yen, both because the other woman was more mature and worldly and because of Geralt. So in a way in some part of her mind, now that she has made her place in the world and has gotten the man, she wants to "put her in her place" so to speak. She'll probably realize her mistake later and apologize. Again, just my interpretation, we are sadly left to fill in the blanks.

Hmm, as i said I haven't read the books myself, but form what I have seen on forums and other discussions, apparently Triss matured quite a bit fromt he books to the games, so I'm still not sure I could picture her acting so bitchy lol

---------- Updated at 11:13 PM ----------

I did that too around page 400 or so that's when we got our first visit from a Triss fan dev REDDORIGEN. I messaged him again inviting him back but so far nothing.

Another possibilty is that the planned expansions were going to address the Immerison Destroyer issue already, which is why they even allow post gameplay in the first place. In which case it isn't much of an issue for them as they already had the fix in the works.

Whereas our dilema most likely is something they were not expecting or didn't have any plans already in motion.

Just a guess but its seems plausible considering their recommendation to watch out for the future DLC.

I don't think it makes any sense given the reaction and i can't bring myself to believe CDPR would make such an appalling decision in the first place.
If you want to believe in such theories that's fair enough but there's no evidence of them being true other than conjecture.

I don't believe in anything just yet, I'm leaning towards what I had written there is an important difference between them. It's just a speculation at this point. I don't see any evidence supporting the theory or contradicting the theory. The other option is harder to believe for me for now.

I don't think Triss would consider it her bed(it's the guest room), that's one of the reasons the dialogue felt off to me. Kaer Morhen isn't her home, its a place that she's only gone to on an invitation basis. In some ways i think Triss would find Yen's tantrum amusing.

I also don't think she'd want to put Yen in her place.

Hmm, as i said I haven't read the books myself, but form what I have seen on forums and other discussions, apparently Triss matured quite a bit fromt he books to the games, so I'm still not sure I could picture her acting so bitchy lol

---------- Updated at 11:13 PM ----------

Another possibilty is that the planned expansions were going to address the Immerison Destroyer issue already, which is why they even allow post gameplay in the first place. In which case it isn't much of an issue for them as they already had the fix in the works.

Whereas our dilema most likely is something they were not expecting or didn't have any plans already in motion.

Just a guess but its seems plausible considering their recommendation to watch out for the future DLC.

Make sense. I hope they address our concerns at some point tho because they are more than legitimate.

In fact the ball was dropped so bad that if it's not address adequately, I think it may turn of some fans perminantely from CDPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom