Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmph, and it's suppose to be relief? Again no clear statement about new Triss content. Why are you all so happy?

I'm not happy but the answer of the dev makes sense. There was no dialogue it wasn't a bug so it's not a thing they can patch up in a minute. At this time they are focused on the bugs , so it's too early to talk about new content but they are still considering it.

What Marcin meant by saying it's not a "bug", is that it's not a simple issue of improperly implemented dialogue that we could fix with hotfix patch (some people suggested that). It's not the case of us having the recorded dialogue we could use there, being blocked by some bug.

It also does not mean that we don't consider this as an issue.

Tnaks for reply!

I'm not happy but the answer of the dev makes sense. There was no dialogue it wasn't a bug so it's not a thing they can patch up in a minute. At this time they are focused on the bugs , so it's too early to talk about new content but they are still considering it.

Yeah i appreciate the fact that devs have been reponsive in answering the query and clarifying the response. At the end of the day they've acknowledges that they are aware of the issues people are raising and its a case of waiting to see what action is taken on the back of that, which will take time. It's unrealistic to expect a statement on content immediately. Its a time to stay cool and wait imo.

What Marcin meant by saying it's not a "bug", is that it's not a simple issue of improperly implemented dialogue that we could fix with hotfix patch (some people suggested that). It's not the case of us having the recorded dialogue we could use there, being blocked by some bug.

It also does not mean that we don't consider this as an issue.

You came back you awesome Triss fan you. Lol.

Thanks for the clarification and again your words of encouragement. We'll be here keeping the team Triss barn fire burning.

Last edited:
Yeah i appreciate the fact that devs have been reponsive in answering the query and clarifying the response. At the end of the day they've acknowledges that they are aware of the issues people are raising and its a case of waiting to see what action is taken on the back of that, which will take time. It's unrealistic to expect a statement on content immediately. Its a time to stay cool and wait imo.

Yeah the best thing to do is to wait and keep this thread alive but we should be realistic as well, the more you wait the more frustration grows so at some point before it's too late we need to know what direction CDPR is gonna take so we can know whether to wait or move on or act however the people feel like (personally I'd move on but wouldn't forget)

Yeah the best thing to do is to wait and keep this thread alive but we should be realistic as well, the more you wait the more frustration grows so at some point before it's too late we need to know what direction CDPR is gonna take so we can know whether to wait or move on or act however the people feel like (personally I'd move on but wouldn't forget)

We are on that forum for protestating,no?

Nope neither are canon decisions. CUT Lots of choices get merge such as Henselt fate or Stannis, people who avoided Triss romance in TW1 & distanced themselves from Triss in TW2 got their wish by the game merging romanced Triss route with this in an offscreen breakup.

Ok I'm not particularly interested in debating endlessly this minor point, because as I said I would have been fine with no Triss at all altogether, but if you want to call them "merged choices" instead of "canon decisions" and look at it that way very little changes de facto.

TW1->2: they "merged" Triss romance with Shani leaving regardless and Gerald hookin up with T.
TW2->3 they "merged" your only romantic interest in no romantic interest at all (which you say is the theoretical second path for the second game). You're saying the W3 initial situation equals to Gerald shrugging off Triss in W2 path more or less, as if that was a "value" in itself, instead of looking at it from the POV of avaliable romances.
That's fine, but even then it's not entirely true, and not the same,
firstly because the breakup assumes you did not choose the "shrug off" path, unlike for default Triss beginning of W2, since it happens after W2 ending (I believe regardless of savefile/initial recap choice, can someone confirm if dialogue changes at all?), unlike W2 beginning when the default romance stance is the same as one previous path (is it not?).
Secondly, Yen is forced on you more or less, you can say "same as Triss in W2!) But not really, as I already pointed out numerous times, Triss was the other romantic choice you could have pursued, so it's not a completely exogenous imposition on the player.

I'm convinced they are not gonna address the issue at all. Think back to the downgrade debacle.
They have outgrown us.

And no, Bioware's ME3 situation is not the same. They were coming from a big PR disaster called DA2.
CDPR is now at the top of their game, like a young successfull youth in their prime, "they can do no wrong".

Last edited:
I literally can't comprehend why the only romance dialogue on the ship at the end of the game happens when you try to have a threesome. It almost makes me want to romance both of them just so they will actually talk to me. It's actually makes sense as to why they wouldn't talk to me after as well.

You're saying the W3 initial situation equals to Gerald shrugging off Triss in W2 path more or less, as if that was a "value" in itself, instead of looking at it from the POV of avaliable romances.
That's fine, but even then it's not entirely true, and not the same,
firstly because the breakup assumes you did not choose the "shrug off" path, unlike for default Triss beginning of W2, since it happens after W2 ending (I believe regardless of savefile/initial recap choice, can someone confirm if dialogue changes at all?), unlike W2 beginning when the default romance stance is the same as one previous path (is it not?).
Secondly, Yen is forced on you more or less, you can say "same as Triss in W2!) But not really, as I already pointed out numerous times, Triss was the other romantic choice you could have pursued, so it's not a completely exogenous imposition on the player.

Even if you've never read the books, the games made no secret of the fact they were based on the books and TW2 introduced player to fact Geralt had a former long standing lover called Yen(i don't like her but that is the truth) who he was trying to find. So i don't really get how that's an outside imposition on the player and certainly i don't see how that's worse than forcing a character you didn't pursue(TW1-2). I hoped they wouldn't go forced break-up but the way TW2 ended left me fearing they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom