• I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

Originally Posted by*RANDOM-CDPR-DEV

Patch notes 1.07
Triss will now sail to Kovir regardless of dialogue choices. That should resolve the inconsistencies people reported on her narrative.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Wow is this a joke?

Last edited:
Don't think that's such a good idea friend. Obviously we support her and the awesome work she's done but, there may be some confidentiality issues we are not aware of. I say let's not.

Oh that maybe true! But that doesn't stop Geralt's voice actor from expressing his opinions on Witcher 3.

I don't want her part of our petition but rather would like to hear if she would have liked more Triss in the game, that's all.

BTW, Geralt's voice actor prefers triss also :p

It doesn't hurt to ask her, because the worst that can happen is that she doesn't respond.

Last edited:
The first part yeah.

What I wrote second is a very wise way to lead your life imo.

True, so true. Very bad joke tho, are you trying to give the older Triss fans in hear heart attack? LOL

---------- Updated at 09:01 PM ----------

Oh that maybe true! But that doesn't stop Geralt's voice actor from expressing his opinions on Witcher 3.

I don't want her part of our petition but rather would like to hear if she would have liked more Triss in the game, that's all.

It doesn't hurt to ask her, because the worst that can happen is that she doesn't respond.

True, I saw that interview, it was good.

On my 2nd playthrough i've been left with impression that it was Geralt ending things presumably because he was too confused about his feelings to continue. The whole of Kaer Morhen is not cool but that's the definite iceberg moment.
To me it seemed more like Geralt was confused and having dreams of Yen so Triss felt pretty insecure so they had to talk about the fact that Geralt loves Yen and then Triss decided to leave because Geralt couldn't convince her of his love for Triss and she kept the rose as a reminder of it since it dried up after that she only stays with you at the docks only if you say "I love you" which is again fits with my perspective.

But it's a blank page so anyone can come and fill it as s/he likes than back it up by some material from the game content and that's wrong. There should be one canon depending on each player choice, not an open canon regardless of any player choice.

The problem is, the game doesn't seem to be organize that way. The options between the two women for the player is not balance. The game reacts mostly to Yen and assumes you are with Yen regardless of your decisions you make.
It starts from the get go, the opening sequence and first meeting definitely sell Yen to the player and make you curious about her. That's how I felt at least in my first PT and I was already curious about her since Witcher 2. When Geralt wakes up Vesemir asks "Triss?" "it's Yen funny she wasn't even at Kaer Morhen" The forced choice already has been made from the get go and the rest of the game only backs this up. I can't point an exact moment where Geralt openly flirts with Triss by default. There is only the earrings dialog that he says "she's beautiful when she blushes" I don't need any further proof which there are a lot.

Originally Posted by RANDOM-CDPR-DEV
Patch notes 1.07
Triss will now sail to Kovir regardless of dialogue choices. That should resolve the inconsistencies people reported on her narrative.
New area; Kovir

Last edited:
I’ve been very bored over the last few days so I wrote this very short story around the life that awaits Geralt and Triss in Kovir. So here it is.

“Kovir really is quite lovely this time of year; I guess Triss wasn’t lying.” Thought Geralt as he looked at the pine-covered hillsides which surrounded his new homestead. Kovir was a famous for its abundance of natural resources; it might not look like a simple mining town from the surface but beneath the mountains and streams lays a complex labyrinth of tunnels. Rouch didn’t exactly share Geralt’s sentiments however; she was tired and beginning to show signs of hunger. Geralt and his steed had just left the main square, near the city’s center. He was returning home with a plethora of food and house hold essentials, for which the merchants where less than happy to sell to him at a king’s discount. Being the other half to the king’s adviser has its benefits, the biggest of which was being able to finally spend time with his beloved Triss. Geralt’s admiration for the scenery was cut short by the arrival of a late evening storm, reaching slowly over the mountain as if it were trying to pull him off his path.

“Damn storms, I can’t let this food get wet or Triss will roast me. Come on Rouch!” Geralt shouted as he tightened his grip on the reins and kicked at Rouch’s sides.

The scent of apple pies had become a signature of his new home and witcher scenes or no, was impossible to ignore. Geralt was always left with a smile at the scent and today was no different. Geralt took Rouch to the stable outside the house and relieved her of the load of goods, which had become quite the burden and he went inside. Triss was preparing some supper in their kitchen, Geralt had never been one to indulge in the simple niceties others might call common practice, but having a freshly baked meal every night was something he hoped would never change.

“Hey Triss” Geralt had stealthily snuck up behind her and wrapped his hands around her waist. “How was your day?”
Triss, slightly surprised turned to face her lover. “Good” she giggled looking at Geralt.
“Just good?” questioned Geralt looking back.
“You seem awfully happy today, did you get everything?” responded Triss, still caught in Geralt’s embrace.
“I did and I’m always happy to see you Triss” smiled Geralt, watching as Triss began to blush
“Is that so, witcher?” she responded.
Geralt nodded “but I also have something to show you” hinted Geralt as he reached into the pocket of his belt.
“What is it?” asked Triss as she looked at the folded piece of paper.
“Read it” Geralt responded passing over the paper.
“A contract?” she inquired
“My first one in Kovir” Geralt answered “A few miners dug into a Nekker’s burrow. Instead of turning around and ceiling it off they tried to destroy it and now they have an infestation.”
“A problem fit for a witcher I suppose” interrupted Triss
“Apparently so…” responded Geralt. They both stood there silent for a few seconds. The mood began to shift.
“If you don’t want be to do it, I won’t” said Geralt as he took a step back.
“No Geralt, I want you to do it. I just worry is all, I mean it’s been a month since we moved and you haven’t been tested since.” Responded Triss grasping Geralt’s hands
“I know Triss but I’ve been a witcher my entire life, I can afford to take one month off and a group of Nekkers isn’t very high risk even for the lowliest of witchers.” Geralt responded looking lovely at Triss.
“I know, I love you Geralt, I hate to think what I would do without you” Triss responded, starting to tear up.
“Don’t think about it, I’m not going anywhere, I swear” Geralt said as he pulled Triss tightly against his chest. The two stayed holding each other listening to the rain on the rooftop.
“Geralt are you wet?” asked Triss
“I tried to race the storm home but Rouch wasn’t being very helpful.” chuckled Geralt
“Apparently not” said Triss with a smile
“I’ll go have a bath and get cleaned up before supper.” Geralt suggested as he turned to leave.
“Supper can wait, give me a few moments and I’ll join you.” responded Triss
Geralt smiled “I’ll be waiting.”

The end. Sorry for the long post but there was no way around it. I haven’t read the books, so the only thing I know about Kovir is their ore mines, as it was mentioned a few hundred pages ago in this thread. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the short tale.

Very nice. Now do another. JK good stuff tho. Thanks

---------- Updated at 09:27 PM ----------

Well go for it if you think it's right. I haven't the first clue how to go about contacting any of the voice actors and actresses.

It starts from the get go, the opening sequence and first meeting definitely sell Yen to the player and make you curious about her. That's how I felt at least in my first PT and I was already curious about her since Witcher 2. When Geralt wakes up Vesemir asks "Triss?" "it's Yen funny she wasn't even at Kaer Morhen" The forced choice already has been made from the get go and the rest of the game only backs this up. I can't point an exact moment where Geralt openly flirts with Triss by default. There is only the earrings dialog that he says "she's beautiful when she blushes" I don't need any further proof which there are a lot.

What really annoyed me was a lot of the time you didn't even get a chance to flirt with Triss when you had a dialogue option. When you see her in the dress for the first time before the party, Geralt has no option to say how good Triss looks even though that was all I was thinking. Instead Geralt just complains about what he's wearing.

If Yennifer was in her place I have no doubt there would have been a dialogue option for that.

@BVBUTD

Thanks, that's really good.. need more ahah
I like your dialogues guys!

New? Welcome, everyone opinions matters here as long as we are civil and do not try to disrupt the thread. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with others but keep it clean.

Don't forget to vote. And once again welcome to Team Triss support thread

Look forward to your inputs and ideas.

If Yennifer was in her place I have no doubt there would have been a dialogue option for that.
You don't need dialogue options, Geralt says one of those by default here and there. I find it also ironic how Geralts feelings for Yen causes drama between Geralt and Triss from the very beginning and creates a dramatic build up from the zero point for Triss content but on the contrary his feelings for Triss doesn't create any drama between Geralt and Yen until The Last Wish, you only see the pay off after that point and a real drama only if you reject Yen in the Last Wish. So before the last wish Geralt and Yen's whole dynamic is built up on flirtations which is imo more appealing than the drama dynamic.(I realize that there is no proof to such indication but I feel that way when I look at how things play out)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom