Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...i just was surprised about all the attention that Triss got compared to all the other situations/problems that affects the game storywise.

The issue isn't really 'more Triss' its BETTER Triss...and I think you won't find a more dedicated group than the core here! We picked this 'fight' but I for one support ANYTHING that will help make this game better! Have you got a thread that covers your concerns? I will lend a 'voice' or a vote to help support your cause...

The issue isn't really 'more Triss' its BETTER Triss...and I think you won't find a more dedicated group than the core here! We picked this 'fight' but I for one support ANYTHING that will help make this game better! Have you got a thread that covers your concerns? I will lend a 'voice' or a vote to help support your cause...

Definitely, if you start a thread with your cause we will support it. You will find people willing to support your cause here.

I would definitely support any cause/thread that would help to improve the game, it is just for me the content for Triss is the biggest problem i have with the game.

For me I feel the ending isn't to much of an issue. The Deus Ex Machina was bad but they can always fix the ending in a sequel by further explaining it.

If there was an Enhanced Edition and I had to choose a small number of improvements they would be:

1 - More Triss (basically what we discussed in this thread)

2 - Make Eredin what he was hyped up to be in the past two games.

3 - More character development in 3rd act and epilogue. I want to know more and have some closure on what happened to everyone besides a slideshow.

4 - Improved ending (anything to make it less of a cliche).

I think all of these would be plausible given CDPR's history of Enhanced Editions. They said they weren't planning on making an EE, but does anybody PLAN it? It would also make sense to have this trilogy all have Enhanced Editions. The past two games had one so it would just seem odd if TW3 didn't get one.

Witcher 3 is my first interaction with this series in anyway. I chose both as I just tend to choose the nice thing for Geralt to do at the time in the game throughout. I am aware that I am about to deal with the threesome scene because I chose to romance both earlier in the game. Are there ANY options to avoid the threesome scene? Are there ANY options to end up with one or the other at this point? Thanks for your help, I am about to get to this part of the game and would like to end the game with at least one of them.

Witcher 3 is my first interaction with this series in anyway. I chose both as I just tend to choose the nice thing for Geralt to do at the time in the game throughout. I am aware that I am about to deal with the threesome scene because I chose to romance both earlier in the game. Are there ANY options to avoid the threesome scene? Are there ANY options to end up with one or the other at this point? Thanks for your help, I am about to get to this part of the game and would like to end the game with at least one of them.

You fucked up, you can't fix it. Although instead of restarting you should go play the Witcher 1 and 2 first. It is called "The Witcher 3" because it is the third game in the series. I never understood why you would start at the end, you're only hurting yourself. Especially considering that you could get Witcher 1 and 2 for like $3 on steam recently.

And I want more Yenneffer ! Pls, don't kill me.

We first and foremost fight for Triss to be equal to Yen in TW3, and for her content to be consistent.

And if a romance DLC is to be created due to our efforts, this means more Yen too - CDPR as a whole already proved themselves to prefer Yen over Triss (see the game itself) - so they'll never just create a romance DLC solely for Triss.

Guys, i'm impressed. I totally agree with you about the lack of Triss content, but don't you think there are bigger problems? I mean, i'd really like to see 700+ pages on these threads as well:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-of-the-game-is-a-bad-hot-mess-major-spoilers!!!
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46839-Eredin-says-12-sentences-during-the-whole-game-and
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/45206-Did-the-ending-feel-quite-rushed-to-you
As much as i love, and hate, Triss i think that THE F* WILD HUNT and the "Deus ex machina" ending deserve a little more of explanation and development than the Geralt/Triss romance. You care more about b00bs than the last act/ending
TeamYen Btw :hai:

I can understand the rational behind the ending feeling empty - it requires tons and tons of resources to simulate all the world states.
I get the reasoning behind the fact that that our choices from witcher 2 means very little - each witcher game was more self-contained than Bioware style continuum - they always preferred to tell a "new" story instead of continuing one.

But I cannot for the life of me, understand how they thought they can shun away a main character - someone who we built a relationship with for 2 games and just shove a new character into our faces and get away with it. This issue had nothing to do with resources or story telling when the game was still in planning stages, it was all about priorities:

Will the immersion be destroyed if Triss was part of UMA quest (regardless of your romance choice)?
Will the immersion be destroyed if we got a Triss vs Yen interactions between the two?
Will it be totally unthinkable to have her speak to us in the boat before the battle? Maybe to interact to Ciri? to address the Wish or the fact that it was broken?
Will it be impossible to imagine any character in the world actually reacting to the fact that Geralt choose to be with Triss instead of Yen, I mean - I would be so surprised! A person loving someone for years, who is bond by a powerful spell to them - then while the spell is still active - falls for someone else! This is part of the story of Geralt that we never got to explore.

And, except the UMA quest addition, all of these could have been achieved just by adding a couple of dialogue lines! the story itself could have stayed the same, just trading for it maybe 1-2 side quests development-wise.

Last edited:
Im shocked that the Yen vs Triss poll that Enfrize posted has about 40000 votes last time i checked and yet the poll about improving Triss content has about 5000 do people really care so much more about arguing their preferences than improving the game for everyone???

But I cannot for the life of me, understand how they thought they can shun away a main character - someone who we built a relationship with for 2 games and just shove a new character into our faces and get away with it.
And also someone who they themselves built up from a tertiary character in the books to a lead role in the games - essentially making her a character of their own. Where as with Yen, and I stand to be corrected (haven't read the books in a while), we got a mostly down to the letter portrayal of her without any "Really?" moments. I mean, she acted exactly the way I expected her to.

And it's a shame really - that all the development she had over the course of the games was, not thrown out of the window, but heavily sidelined in favor of Yennefer.

Im shocked that the Yen vs Triss poll that Enfrize posted has about 40000 votes last time i checked and yet the poll about improving Triss content has about 5000 do people really care so much more about arguing their preferences than improving the game for everyone???

The poll about Triss is younger than Yen/Triss one.... but yes, people often are better at arguing than improving things.

And also someone who they themselves built up from a tertiary character in the books to a lead role in the games - essentially making her a character of their own. Where as with Yen, and I stand to be corrected (haven't read the books in a while), we got a mostly down to the letter portrayal of her without any "Really?" moments. I mean, she acted exactly the way I expected her to.

And it's a shame really - that all the development she had over the course of the games was, not thrown out of the window, but heavily sidelined in favor of Yennefer.

What i heard CDPR wanted to include Yennefer in the W1 but something forced them to change their decision. If this is true then CDPR have made a long way to bring their wishes to reality and finally get Yennefer in the game. So yeah maybe we was supposed to say Triss goodbye. But this is just a rumours and doesn't change the fact that they've built a huge Triss fanbase. And this fanbase is disappointed now. At least a part of it. How big this part is i don't know but assume it's very significant

This is the poll on Reddit for people who don't saw it. 3800+ votes for Triss and still going strong!

http://ampoll.com/poll/eeriurooeq

How can 1500 ppl vote There was enough of Triss in the game????
Don't they understand that new content for Triss is a WIN/WIN situation for everybody?
While adding content to Triss *fingers crossed* they could change other things they wanted to but couldn't do for different reasons.
Sometimes ppl are just desperate to be against something and don't realize thay are acting dumb...

What i heard CDPR wanted to include Yennefer in the W1 but something forced them to change their decision. If this is true then CDPR have made a long way to bring their wishes to reality and finally get Yennefer in the game. So yeah maybe we was supposed to say Triss goodbye. But this is just a rumours and doesn't change the fact that they've built a huge Triss fanbase. And this fanbase is disappointed now. At least a part of it. How big this part is i don't know but assume it's very significant
I'd call the popularity of Triss/Yen half and half, I don't know how many fans Triss had from the books but just with two games Triss became as popular as Yen. I wonder how popular she could get if CDPR kept the same hype and importance they gave to her for 3 or 4 more games. I'm pretty sure more than half of Triss fans are dissappointed. Consider me for one, if I didn't think it was a bug I wouldn't do a google search I wouldn't find this thread and rise my opinion because to me it's a smaller issue compared to the game breaking issues which I didn't encounter(but in my second PT I encountered quite a few game breaking bugs). I had this sort of frustrations before but I simply moved on. My biggest problem was just a few hours after Geralt told Triss "I love you" he was flirting with Yen by default with no option to stop him. There were moments game gave us to option to flirt or not(which I'm grateful at least for a few times it gave me an option but that's sad though playing a RPG and begging for an option) and Kaer Morhen part only grew my frustration then Skellige happened and I was in my "What the...?" mood until the end. If it wasn't for Ciri I'm not sure if I could get through those parts.

Last edited:

How can 1500 ppl vote There was enough of Triss in the game????
Don't they understand that new content for Triss is a WIN/WIN situation for everybody?
While adding content to Triss *fingers crossed* they could change other things they wanted to but couldn't do for different reasons.
Sometimes ppl are just desperate to be against something and don't realize thay are acting dumb...

1000000% agree I don't understand how anyone could be against it, if they bothered to have a look at some of our ideas they would see all the suggestions except the first one include extra dialogue for other characters e.g Yen/Ciri/zoltan

It's growing very fast!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 49
Ok people, OP just replied to me - he said he needs to make some adjustments because he has already hit the word limit - but he will add our list to the top of the front page

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom