Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That aint an OST :)
It is a fan song. Though it is epic. I prefer the metal version though :p

So it's not a spell, but magic used to change them phisically. It's not as if their appeareance is an illusion that could be shattered.
But if it's so simple why don't mages offer their services to noblewomen a la plastic surgeons and get immensely rich?

I think they do. Most mages are filthy rich anyway though :p

Thread seems to be slowing down a bit hmmm...Time for me to get the word out at gamefaqs.

But anyway guys i got a question. I know Triss is allergic to magic, so her beauty is natural right? I remember reading somewhere that Yen used magic to "beautify" herself, is that true? And does that apply to other sorceresses like Keira and Fringilla?

Triss is allergic on potions, not magic

That aint an OST :)
It is a fan song. Though it is epic. I prefer the metal version though :p

I think they do. Most mages are filthy rich anyway though :p

Yeah I know its not part of the OST but the OST is badass aswell - listen to some on my phone - like Lazare or Silver for monsters when im in the gym - really helps lo :p

So it's not a spell, but magic used to change them phisically. It's not as if their appeareance is an illusion that could be shattered.
But if it's so simple why don't mages offer their services to noblewomen a la plastic surgeons and get immensely rich?

Exactly as you say - it was a magic used to change physical look - it is not an illusion. I guess it is not so simple though...probably only few and powerful mages could provide such changes (for example Tissaia de Vries), it maybe be only available for very young girls etc.

Yup and the issue there is(I wasn't clear) what the player sees...is the Yen Romance choice after Geralt sends Triss away. No matter WHAT choice or order the player has chosen up to that point, the SCENE is the same! You see the Yen Romance version, her overwhelmed by getting Ciri back and in love with Geralt. Triss is still hurt by the rejection of her TRUE love. And it plays out for the player...the more I think on it the more pissed I get.

It is the most blatant disrespect of the player's choices in the game I think...can't think of a bigger one right now.

Ahh don't you just love it when you go through all that effort of making a choice, then you end up with the same scene and outcome!

I know what you mean, that scene definitively looks like it was intended as part of the Yen romance, after all there would be no need for Triss to confront Yen or Geralt if she wasn't in a relationship with Geralt, while on the other hand, Triss fans were expecting some kind of determination to show a confrontational scene, yet it isn't there. In fact looking back at the game, i can't remember a Triss romance scene after Novigrad outside of the fountain scene, empress ending and the couple of small references made about it that had its own version play out compared to the Yen romance.

I would of loved a scene play out where Triss asks Geralt what the kiss was about and he would reply with something like "she kissed me", something on the side before the battle or even after the battle (maybe at the Chameleon), it isn't like it would of detracted from the main storyline, let alone it would be one small conversation or dialogue. Still it ends up being something that was overlooked because the devs have different intentions to how it play out and that is disappointing to what could of been placed there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DaWitcher View Post
Miss our girl so much I started another Witcher 2 playthrough.
Same feeling here. I want to replay Witcher 3 so much, but I can't, because at the end I'll be again depressed, because of lack of content with Triss.

So what can I do is to watch that video, that was posted by 0nakita.

I feel exactly the same way you guys do, I thought I was the only one.
I logged in my forums account for the first time after I finished my 2nd run though The Witcher 3 feeling all depressed and thinking I was the only one feeling like this.

This is not the Triss I fell in love with in The Witcher 1 and wanted to start a family with. This is not the Triss I was still in love with in The Witcher 2 and wanted to run away with and live our own lives happily. I traveled half the world to find her and chose her above all.

Just to find out that CDPR decided to end their relationship behind the scene and putting her on the sideline in The Witcher 3?

I wish if they would just answer me and tell me to move on if they're not going to fix this, that would help me move on and try to forget about this.

Last edited:
I feel exactly the same way you bros do, I thought I was the only one.
I logged in my forums account for the first time after I finished my 2nd run though The Witcher 3 feeling all depressed and thinking I was the only one feeling like this.

This is not the Triss I fell in love with in The Witcher 1 and wanted to start a family with. This is not the Triss I was still in love with in The Witcher 2 and wanted to run away with and live our own lives happily. I traveled half the world to find her and chose her above all.

Just to find out that CDPR decided to end their relationship behind the scene and putting her on the sideline in The Witcher 3?

I really can't play the game anymore, even at the end where Ciri becomes empress she wasn't there...
I wish if they would just answer me and tell me to move on if they're not going to fix this, that would help me move on and try to forget about this.

I agree, you don't just go from being arguably the second main character of the previous games to getting pushed down the list because of all the new characters CDPR wanted to introduce and establish. I don't like the idea of a character being a 'placeholder' until someone else comes back especially when this was the final game of the trilogy and all these characters needed to be relevant to this game. I mean all that effort from the previous games of building the relationship between Geralt and Triss, especially from the player's perspective only to make her character have less of a role and her romance feel secondary just doesn't make any sense no matter how i look at it.

CDPR may have something in store for us or maybe they don't intend to do anything, at this point we can't be sure, but what we do know is that the higher management is aware and now it is up to them to decide. Also that scene i believe was made for the trailer and not in the game.

feel exactly the same way you bros do, I thought I was the only one.

I really can't play the game anymore, even at the end where Ciri becomes empress she wasn't there...

I'm going through the same thing, I have bought these great games, Total War, Life is Strange, GTA 5. I play a bit, then drop them and I watch some cool videos about w3 and I want to replay again, but I can't...

I feel CDPR like went out of their way to shun Triss... funny thing I helped my gf with some work stuff and she joked that as compensation she'd get a red wig. I told her ok, this is what we need to roleplay and showed her the bath scene. And she said, wow she looks so much better in this, isnt this like 5 years old, and it got me thinking, it is true, technology upgrades aside, she did look better in W2. Do you guys think the same?

I feel CDPR like went out of their way to shun Triss... funny thing I helped my gf with some work stuff and she joked that as compensation she'd get a red wig. I told her ok, this is what we need to roleplay and showed her the bath scene. And she said, wow she looks so much better in this, isnt this like 5 years old, and it got me thinking, it is true, technology upgrades aside, she did look better in W2. Do you guys think the same?

I think she looks more mature in W2.
In W3 she looks younger and cuter which actually tickles my fancy so I prefer her in W3 but she's always been beatiful. :wub:

I'm guessing you mean the random kiss by Yennefer at Kaer Morhen? I can only think of one other thing and that's Yennefer throwing the bed out the window but she wasn't present and it wasn't a scene.

That's what I came up with too...

Is there ever a time Triss does anything remotely like that Kiss to Yen? I am not 'getting-at' anything, not building a case...just interested if anyone has the same experiences.

Did any of you bros come across this scene @ 1:58 or figured out how to trigger it?

From what i've heard, that scene is in the game though it isn't with Triss, unfortunately. It's similar to the scene in this trailer where Geralt is fighting the wild hunt mage, when in actual fact in the game Eskel is the one fighting. So there is no way to 'trigger' that scene with Triss.

I feel exactly the same way you bros do, I thought I was the only one.

Yep, I know that feeling... I just can't play the game again... At least not now. Don't get me wrong I still think this is one of the best RPGs ever made but the romance and also the (short) storyline with Triss totally disappointed me. I mean... I, too, have been waiting for 3 years to see her again and just to find out that the devs put her on the sideline. As I have already said - to me she seems like an outsider in TW3 and I just have the feeling that CDPR put her into the game because of the Triss' fans and not because they really wanted to give her an important role.

Ahh don't you just love it when you go through all that effort of making a choice, then you end up with the same scene and outcome!

I know what you mean, that scene definitively looks like it was intended as part of the Yen romance, after all there would be no need for Triss to confront Yen or Geralt if she wasn't in a relationship with Geralt, while on the other hand, Triss fans were expecting some kind of determination to show a confrontational scene, yet it isn't there. In fact looking back at the game, i can't remember a Triss romance scene after Novigrad outside of the fountain scene, empress ending and the couple of small references made about it that had its own version play out compared to the Yen romance.

I would of loved a scene play out where Triss asks Geralt what the kiss was about and he would reply with something like "she kissed me", something on the side before the battle or even after the battle (maybe at the Chameleon), it isn't like it would of detracted from the main storyline, let alone it would be one small conversation or dialogue. Still it ends up being something that was overlooked because the devs have different intentions to how it play out and that is disappointing to what could of been placed there.

You know, I understand what I am about to say might come off as negative or demeaning maybe but I don't mean it that way at ALL...

I wish someone in charge of this would step up to the plate and explain what happened. A timeline of decisions, why it happened and what in the world were they thinking!?!?!?

Not that we or ANYONE deserves it OR should expect it...we don't and I don't expect anything! I never expect to find this info out but...I might never understand how a lightning bug's butt glows at night but, that shouldn't keep me from wondering 'why'...or asking. :)

Not really asking here...just saying it aloud cause it does bother me the more I think on what could have been...

Hey guys!

Don't want to bring any negatively or put the Reds down because The Witcher 3 is an amazing game but I just visited CDPR's Facebook page and saw a video that was labelled "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Launch Trailer ("Go Your Way")" and although I enjoyed the trailer I couldn't help but notice how biased it was in regards towards Yen > Triss as there was only a single moment towards the end where Triss was shown for a split second like all of the other secondary characters (Dandelion, Zoltan, Phillipa, Radvoid, etc). Maybe it's just me and maybe Triss wouldn't of fit well into the video.. Hmm

Here is the link if you wish to veiw it for yourself : http://youtu.be/hBoCRYX6Vq0

Yep, I know that feeling... I just can't play the game again... At least not now. Don't get me wrong I still think this is one of the best RPGs ever made but the romance and also the (short) storyline with Triss totally disappointed me. I mean... I, too, have been waiting for 3 years to see her again and just to find out that the devs put her on the sideline. As I have already said - to me she seems like an outsider in TW3 and I just have the feeling that CDPR put her into the game because of the Triss' fans and not because they really wanted to give her an important role.

I couldn't agree more, i was waiting for this game and i couldn't wait to see Triss again (and Geralt of course), even in the trailers, interviews, articles etc. Triss was always built up to be an important character in this game and straight away i was thinking how good it was that the devs are bringing Yen and Ciri into the game and yet still having a focus on Triss. Except when i played the game i at first didn't mind she wasn't at the start, yet when she appeared, she had like 2 quests (which took about 10 minutes each) connected to the main storyline (the Phillipa quest imo doesn't really count since she is there only at the start) and the rest were side quests which i didn't mind because they were so well done - but everything after that was like a complete mess in terms of her character (the fountain scene being the exception), she is just 'there' to help out with barely any interactions.

Not to mention that Triss being in the game and her romance arc at the start felt like it was a "we are trying to create a love triangle, but ultimately it is intended for Geralt and Yen to be together and that Triss is to add to the drama of their relationship", of course romancing Triss was put there to please the Triss fans instead of making it a vital part of Geralt's most personal story - how can it be such a personal story when the woman Geralt is going to spend the rest of his life with barely gets any interactions in the second half and we don't see much interaction in front of us? are we suppose to use our imagination and assume Triss said more than "good luck" before the final battle?

It is just like you said that it looks like the devs put her into the game for the Triss fans and not necessarily there because she had a vital part to play. I don't know what the devs intentions were towards Triss but i hoped that they didn't go with the "now that we have Ciri and Yen back, we don't need to focus on Triss anymore".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom