Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubts Lambert has a lot of things to say about Triss and Geralt. Hope we'll hear it in the expansions.

Yeah Lambert would of been a great comedic relief and also he would build the tension between them

Lambert: Hey Geralt, looks like your queen is angry
Geralt: What are you talking about?
Lambert: Ohh, i meant your incredible love Yen
Geralt: Yeah yeah i know sarcasm when i see it
Lambert: Then you know me too well
Geralt: Besides she and i are no longer together
Lambert: Speaking of ploughing, has this got to do with Triss?
Geralt: Yeah
Lambert: Can't get enough of sorceresses huh?
Geralt: I guess not
Lambert: i wonder if she will chain you up on a leash
Geralt: That is enough Lambert
Lambert: Alright alright don't go all Yen on me

and so on.....

There is a lot of stuff that happened and doesn't make sense, first of all. Yennefer kissing Geralt in front of Triss... I mean, wth? I know she was happy that he was able to find and bring back Ciri, but still. A part of her must've known that this could cause drama between him and Triss.

Yennefer was on top of Kaer Morhen and she fainted trying to hold the shield, suddenly and a few moments after the battle was over, her and Geralt are running toward one another to embrace after the battle was over. She was standing there next to Ciri and Vesemir's body. (I'm pretty sure I ended my relationship with her before that point and Triss was much closer than her) As a matter of fact, Triss was pretty much standing right next to me during the majority of the battle.

Before Ciri's meeting with the Lodge and during it (If you send Ciri in alone) Why was Yennefer there instead of Triss? Least they could've done is adding Triss along, since she was our romance choice and all that.

In Chapter 3 while trashing Avallac'h laboratory... I'm sure they could've brought Triss along for this or at least made it possible to interact with her during the chapter. After all, Triss did for Ciri about as much as Yennefer did (Maybe even more).

During the epilogue, in the ending where Ciri becomes an empress. If Triss is our romance option, why is Yennefer there instead of Triss at the Inn in White Orchid? I mean... They brought Zoltan and Dandelion along but they couldn't bring Triss? Really...?

The answer is simple, for some reason. Triss didn't get the attention she should've gotten in the game. What I don't want to think about? Is that she actually had more content and it was removed for some mysterious reason.

Yeah there were so many chances to put Triss there instead of other characters especially if she was romanced, that destroying Avallach's lab would of been a great chance to further the interaction and relationship between Triss, Ciri and Geralt not to mention that Triss is like a sister to Ciri so if the end of the game focuses on Ciri then anyone would think that Triss would get some screen time but nope according to the devs being a close sister means nothing compared to playing the parents and you don't excuse that by having Phillipa mention the four way (Triss, Yen, Ciri, Geralt) because that relationship is a group of three (Ciri, Geralt & Yen) as portrayed in the game and that in itself sounds ridiculous because Triss is close to those three characters yet she appears as a stranger to them in the last third especially in regards to interacting with them.

Also on a side note, in the Empress ending, if you romanced Triss instead of Yen, then Triss is there and you get a dialogue line from Ciri at the very end. In fact if Yen is there she says "you were supposed to be somewhere remember", Geralt replies "Fine" and for Triss it is "Weren't you suppose to be somewehere?", Geralt then replies "All right" - so similar but it shows a bit of the difference in their personalities.

The world is really beautiful, I couldn't help but recall Geralt's conversation with Triss in the Sewers during Now or Never (when you find the vampire) after reading your comment... It would've been nice if we were able to take our love interest on trips with us in the open-world (Not just Triss) have random discussions about the creatures we run into or the places we see, go to the races together or even attend banquets that sometimes occur as random events or with invites.

I like that idea but most likely it won't happen because of the resources and such. If they do a Kovir (emphasis on the "if" bit) expansion then it could be possible to see the house and interact with Triss there. As many have stated before the big open world does feel extremely empty when you can't interact with your favourite characters - seriously we spend about 95% (or even more) not interacting with Triss or even seeing her so it feels like this was CDPR's experiment in trying to fit a deep story in an open world rpg setting.

Also on a side note, in the Empress ending, if you romanced Triss instead of Yen, then Triss is there and you get a dialogue line from Ciri at the very end. In fact if Yen is there she says "you were supposed to be somewhere remember", Geralt replies "Fine" and for Triss it is "Weren't you suppose to be somewehere?", Geralt then replies "All right" - so similar but it shows a bit of the difference in their personalities.

It literally makes me laugh. They forgot to add so many important things such as Kaer Morhen dialogues, the boat dialogues, big sis dialogues. Totally forgot about the world reflecting your romance choice but added this little extra detail at the end of the game. I'm wondering how they came up with this idea? One dev says: "Hey guys i think we should add more diversity in a romance based dialogues. It would be cool if Geralt would say instead of "Fine" something like "All right". In my opinion it would bring more depth in the relationship." And other devs: "Oh yeah, man, that's brilliant. We should definitely do that."

Last edited:
It literally makes me laugh. They forgot to add so many important things such as Kaer Morhen dialogues, the boat dialogues, big sis dialogues. Totally forgot about the world reflecting your romance choice but added this little extra detail at the end of the game. I'm wondering how they came up with this idea? One dev says: "Hey guys i think we should add more diversity in a romance based dialogues. It would be cool if Geralt would say instead of "Fine" something like "All right". In my opinion it would bring more depth in the relationship." And other devs: "Oh yeah, man, that's brilliant. We should definitely do that."

Haha i agree, they make that extra little difference where they change a couple of words but the best they came up when Lambert was asking about Triss is "Triss is managing" - yeah apparently Triss and Geralt keep their relationship a secret and anytime someone asks about them, they must dodge the question and pretend they are friends. Seriously it is an rpg game, Triss is a defined character and a loved one, if the option to romance her is there, then it should be done right and at the very least, make the world acknowledge it, the scenes with her well so well done, but that is almost all we get, the game needed more time to flesh that relationship out. The fact that we are even discussing a slight change in dialogue just shows how minimal her content was.

The fact that we are even discussing a slight change in dialogue just shows how minimal her content was.

Lol, this is kind of depressing. I hope their "stay tuned for the dlc/expansions" means something and not just an attempt to calm people down.

I finally caught up to my reading in this thread. And I have to say it made my day reading all the really amazing ideas in here. It's truely amazing to see how the passion and commited to Triss grows as the thread grows.

We have said so much about this topic, it is depressing sometimes to read some of the amazing ideas posted in here because. I find it hard to understand how CDPR writers could have missed so many opportunities to flesh out so many of characters and most importantly the beautiful love story that is Triss and Geralt.

Triss and Geralt relationship is so amazing that at every stage I reaffirmed to myself that their love story is actually the better of the two. Playing witcher 2 again reaffirmed those feelings aswell.

She loves him so much that she is happy with him just being around. She is selfless and sometines extremely naive. She's fiercely loyal and alway willing to put herself in harms way for others without thinking and that in itself is sexy.

It hurting my brain trying to come up with a logical explaination as to why the dev would make such an amazing love story posible then toss it to the side in the last and final game.

Meeting Triss again in W3 made all the feelings from W2 come rushing back. I don't even know why the dev split them up between W2 and W3. But, I guess I can understand tho if they had planned on giving the players the chance to make the final decision to get back together or separate for good.

I have alway said this in this thread, Triss more than deserves and has earned the right to have a fair shot with Geralt. She took care of him when he was most vulnerable.

I don't know why people keep saying she took advantage of him. Fate created an opportunity for true love to blossom and true love did. Besides, I remember Geralt telling Triss to tell him everything about his past, even the things that hurt on the Temerian ship while they were on the way to Flotsam in W2 and she did.

She is honestly willing to live without luxury on the road with Geralt if it means they can stay/be together, she will do anything to make him happy even if she's not. If that's not true love then I don't know what is. It seems everyone close to Geralt sees how good she is for him, even papa Vesemir and his brothers.

Let us hope that the dev can correct this enormous oversight and give this game a gameplay and ending worthy of a masterpiece. This is already a great game that with some fixes has the potential to achieve masterpiece status.

This love story is so amazing, that's why it's so easy to see screwed up the handling was in W3.

Sry, for the long winded post. My signature quote says it all.

I have to say, I am so glad to have found this thread! I was thinking I was the only one feeling this way!

I really love Triss, I mean there is no contest between her and Yen in my opinion. No matter about the books, no matter that some people don't like her, I absolutely love her, and think she is the best for Geralt. I was so dissapointed to find that after Novigrad there is literally only like a few sentences spoken by her to Geralt. It was very disheartening And on top of that to find out how many other love sequences are with other interests, and how much more dialogue and general cheeriness that they show around them.

The kissing sequence where Yen kisses you with Triss in front of you was just heartbreaking to me, I was like woah. I didn't consent to that. And what is even worse is that Triss just kinda looked at you like ehh, whatevs. The Yen content I think was pretty spot on, they definitely did a lot of content with her. I just hope they come back and will shore up the huge gaps that they left in the Triss storyline!

Triss for life!

I finally caught up to my reading in this thread. And I have to say it made my day reading all the really amazing ideas in here. It's truely amazing to see how the passion and commited to Triss grows as the thread grows.

We have said so much about this topic, it is depressing sometimes to read some of the amazing ideas posted in here because. I find it hard to understand how CDPR writers could have missed so many opportunities to flesh out so many of characters and most importantly the beautiful love story that is Triss and Geralt.

Triss and Geralt relationship is so amazing that at every stage I reaffirmed to myself that their love story is actually the better of the two. Playing witcher 2 again reaffirmed those feelings aswell.

She loves him so much that she is happy with him just being around. She is selfless and sometines extremely naive. She's fiercely loyal and alway willing to put herself in harms way for others without thinking and that in itself is sexy.

It hurting my brain trying to come up with a logical explaination as to why the dev would make such an amazing love story posible then toss it to the side in the last and final game.

Meeting Triss again in W3 made all the feelings from W2 come rushing back. I don't even know why the dev split them up between W2 and W3. But, I guess I can understand tho if they had planned on giving the players the chance to make the final decision to get back together or separate for good.

I have alway said this in this thread, Triss more than deserves and has earned the right to have a fair shot with Geralt. She took care of him when he was most vulnerable.

I don't know why people keep saying she took advantage of him. Fate created an opportunity for true love to blossom and true love did. Besides, I remember Geralt telling Triss to tell him everything about his past, even the things that hurt on the Temerian ship while they were on the way to Flotsam in W2 and she did.

She is honestly willing to live without luxury on the road with Geralt if it means they can stay/be together, she will do anything to make him happy even if she's not. If that's not true love then I don't know what is. It seems everyone close to Geralt sees how good she is for him, even papa Vesemir and his brothers.

Let us hope that the dev can correct this enormous oversight and give this game a gameplay and ending worthy of a masterpiece. This is already a great game that with some fixes has the potential to achieve masterpiece status.

This love story is so amazing, that's why it's so easy to see screwed up the handling was in W3.

Sry, for the long winded post. My signature quote says it all.

Beautiful post, loved reading through it :). I for one won't be content with what we had, CDPR made Triss such a lovable character and we were truly attached to the relationship she and Geralt had, sure the Witcher games are much more than just who Geralt romances, but at it's core it is about the bond Geralt shares with other characters and in my opinion there is no bond Geralt has with more than the one he shares with Triss.

This isn't about making a romance dlc or a dating sim, it is about having that realistic relationship that two characters like Geralt and Triss would have for each other. The devs did their best to make the world one we can immerse ourselves in, you only need to look at the Baron questline to see it. For the players to immerse themselves into this world and understand what it is like to be in the shoes of Geralt of Rivia, then the characters that his life is based around need to be given the attention they deserve.

Geralt and Triss obviously love each other, you can see it their eyes especially when they first meet each other in this game, i would even say they are crazy and obsessed with each other the same way Geralt is obsessed with his love for Ciri. The entire series is about the challenges Geralt faces and everything he went through in the games was experienced by Triss - she was there for him and he in returned cared for her more than anyone else (while he had amnesia).

The quote that Triss says at the fountain about refusing the offer if Geralt doesn't want it because "What i really want is you....for us to be together....and...." - I have replayed through that scene at least a dozen times and it is just as beautiful each time - you just can't help but appreciate it. For the bond they have together, well it needed to be consistent in this game to show that Geralt has evolved from not just caring about Yen and Ciri but also to prove and imply that there is nothing he wouldn't do for Triss, and that is why the inconsistencies hurt the experience of this game the most. We have cared about Triss since the Witcher 1 released (and the books), and all these years later we are all still very much invested in her relationship with Geralt - that is why the lack of content stings a lot.

We are not talking about a new character who is there to be a potential romance option, we are talking about a character who has her own life (in the games) and her own struggles and is much more than a random romance option. besides Geralt and Triss are a perfect couple.....

Beautiful post, loved reading through it :). I for one won't be content with what we had, CDPR made Triss such a lovable character and we were truly attached to the relationship she and Geralt had, sure the Witcher games are much more than just who Geralt romances, but at it's core it is about the bond Geralt shares with other characters and in my opinion there is no bond Geralt has with more than the one he shares with Triss.

This isn't about making a romance dlc or a dating sim, it is about having that realistic relationship that two characters like Geralt and Triss would have for each other. The devs did their best to make the world one we can immerse ourselves in, you only need to look at the Baron questline to see it. For the players to immerse themselves into this world and understand what it is like to be in the shoes of Geralt of Rivia, then the characters that his life is based around need to be given the attention they deserve.

Geralt and Triss obviously love each other, you can see it their eyes especially when they first meet each other in this game, i would even say they are crazy and obsessed with each other the same way Geralt is obsessed with his love for Ciri. The entire series is about the challenges Geralt faces and everything he went through in the games was experienced by Triss - she was there for him and he in returned cared for her more than anyone else (while he had amnesia).

The quote that Triss says at the fountain about refusing the offer if Geralt doesn't want it because "What i really want is you....for us to be together....and...." - I have replayed through that scene at least a dozen times and it is just as beautiful each time - you just can't help but appreciate it. For the bond they have together, well it needed to be consistent in this game to show that Geralt has evolved from not just caring about Yen and Ciri but also to prove and imply that there is nothing he wouldn't do for Triss, and that is why the inconsistencies hurt the experience of this game the most. We have cared about Triss since the Witcher 1 released (and the books), and all these years later we are all still very much invested in her relationship with Geralt - that is why the lack of content stings a lot.

We are not talking about a new character who is there to be a potential romance option, we are talking about a character who has her own life (in the games) and her own struggles and is much more than a random romance option. besides Geralt and Triss are a perfect couple.....

So true, so many amazing scenes. The characters are struggling with their feelibgs and what they want. You can clearly see it it all their scenes together. You can see how she is encorage to keep going when he's around.

There is so much they can do to give the story more life and meaning.

The answer is simple, for some reason. Triss didn't get the attention she should've gotten in the game. What I don't want to think about? Is that she actually had more content and it was removed for some mysterious reason.

I know I keep repeating myself to new posters but... There is no more content for Triss, they didn't really cut anything for any reason. The game they designed and the story they wrote involves Triss sailing away to Kovir after the dock scene, only coming back because Yennefer asks her.

This is why everything involving Triss before the dock scene was done really well because it was part of the story. The over arching theme in almost every quest involving Triss in Novigrad is her coming to terms with the fact that her relationship with Geralt is over.

From the moment you meet her to kill rats through the Vegalbuds party to the dock scene she speaks to Geralt as if they are over or should be over. CDPR wanted to end the Triss Geralt relationship and finish the Witcher series with him getting back together with Yennefer, it's very easy to see.

They decided late in development to allow the player to choose Triss over Yennefer as a romance option and this is why everything feels off if you romance Triss instead of Yen, they simply didnt have enough time to make it work correctly with the story they wrote, thus all the plot holes and strange inconsistancies with the Triss romance.

I know I keep repeating myself to new posters but... There is no more content for Triss, they didn't really cut anything for any reason. The game they designed and the story they wrote involves Triss sailing away to Kovir after the dock scene, only coming back because Yennefer asks her.

This is why everything involving Triss before the dock scene was done really well because it was part of the story. The over arching theme in almost every quest involving Triss in Novigrad is her coming to terms with the fact that her relationship with Geralt is over.

From the moment you meet her to kill rats through the Vegalbuds party to the dock scene she speaks to Geralt as if they are over or should be over. CDPR wanted to end the Triss Geralt relationship and finish the Witcher series with him getting back together with Yennefer, it's very easy to see.

They decided late in development to allow the player to choose Triss over Yennefer as a romance option and this is why everything feels off if you romance Triss instead of Yen, they simply didnt have enough time to make it work correctly with the story they wrote, thus all the plot holes and strange inconsistancies with the Triss romance.

Not totally, they first created Triss in an important role then they changed of idea and give her a side role.

The proofs are in cut scenes of Sword Of Destiny, why in anyway they removed them from the trailer?

---------- Updated at 09:38 AM ----------

Maybe in your opinion :p ...

I know I will mod her with blue eyes and chestnut hair.

Anyway, as a sorceress, she can looks like she wants

I don't understand people complaining about Triss having green eyes..... Red,Green, White....Santa is very happy

Because her eyes are supposed to be blue and her hair is supposed to be chestnut.And where the heck are her scars from Sodden!?Ok,I'm done :D

I don't think that is correct. I remember watching a removed scene for her and Geralt in the E3 2014 trailer that isn't currently in-game. I believe that would count as a very early stage of development. Also, If that's what they planned on doing all along, I'll still stick with my earlier statement, that it would've been very wrong. From the moment they decided to make Triss a love interest in The Witcher games, they drifted away from the books. So, if us being in love with her is something that shouldn't have happened and shouldn't have mattered in The Witcher 3, then perhaps they shouldn't have put that much effort in building this relationship from the beginning.
We got attached to the character, how did they expect us to feel about it with what's happening in The Witcher 3?

With all due respect, even if that was the case and it's true. It shouldn't explain all the plot holes and strange inconsistancies with the Triss romance. I don't mind waiting to get better content, a lot of other people wouldn't have had problems with it either, because right now, most of Triss fans from the old games are not playing the game anyway. Good things happen to those who wait, so, we're still waiting.

Last edited:
Because her eyes are supposed to be blue and her hair is supposed to be chestnut.And where the heck are her scars from Sodden!?Ok,I'm done :D

And in the games, her eyes are supposed to be green and her hair is supposed to be red, and she doesn't have the scars!. Ok i'm done :)

With all due respect, even if that was the case and it's true. It shouldn't explain all the plot holes and strange inconsistancies with the Triss romance. I don't mind waiting to get better content, a lot of other people wouldn't have had problems with it either, because right now, most of Triss fans from the old games are not playing the game anyway. Good things happen to those who wait, so, we're still waiting.

and waiting.....and waiting.....waiting

In all seriousness, i don't think anyone is expecting a quick fix, i rather they take there time to make it if they are going to make additional content so that way it would feel and look more meaningful and that they have time to consider all the issues listed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom