Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the time being I don't think they will change anything substantial in the game as it is now - they will most likely save something like that for an enhanced edition.
What I think they might do is add some DLC to fill up some of the plot holes. For example: why isn't Triss in Kaer morhen and where is she and maybe some additional quest(s) with her in Skellige(rose of remebrence?). While I'd totally love Triss in the expansion(s), I think (at least the first one) has already been written and she's either in there or she isn't - who knows what they have planned. Something like a romance DLC - for both Triss and Yen - is probably also not too far fetched. Some kind of party in Dendelions brothel could be cool.

i think CDP should stop focusing on bringing a patch every week and start building a creation kit like mod tool so the community can start creating more content. cause with more ppl on witcher 3 ( modders plus cdp ) the game could get better faster. and also we would have to bag for more triss stuff, mission and talk options to show the relationship or even triss, but we could create it ourselves.

I hope CDPR releases RedKit sooner rather than later. It would be a big mistake for them to wait more than a month or so.

Let us all be crazy about Triss!
Ask CDProjekt an update for better integrating Triss in the main story and a DLC "wedding" with the title "A True Wish" either for Triss or Yennefer.

More seriously, there are some points that should be added to the story (and some modifications) :

- One of the important points is certainly the arc of Skellige. It's should be done before Novigrad (Geralt must clarify his feelings for Yennefer before chasing Triss), but the level required (lvl.16) for the quest indicates that Skellige should be done after Novigrad (lvl.10) ... It's just make no sense, right? Someone tried to do Skellige before Novigrad?

- The disappearance of Triss after the arc of Novigrad. She needs to go to Kaer Morhen but GingerEffect suggests that Triss other business to take care on the road but again, there are the witch hunters everywhere. That is why even Keira Metz itself must also go directly to Kaer Morhen ... Triss and Keira can they really afford to not go directly to Kaer Morhen? It's make no sense, once again.

- The lack of choice in several scenes to say "There Triss", "I like Triss" to finally remove all doubt about the feelings of Geralt.

- During the reunion with Ciri at Kaer Morhen when Yennefer kiss Geralt ... When Geralt chose Triss all along the story of The Witcher 3, it's just uncomprehending, especially to Triss, Geralt does not do anything against and he even sketched a smile ... Why can we not stop the kiss of Yennefer? A small scene between Geralt and Triss would not have been particularly refusal to trigger another scene where Ciri would be surprise. There would be the opportunity to talk with her (Ciri) after Kaer Morhen...

- The sex scenes with Triss are often sprinkle with comedy (the garden in Witcher 2, the lighthouse in Witcher 3), when it returns to Kaer Morhen after Novigrad and where Ciri take a room, it would have been a funny sex scene takes place between Geralt and Triss. Ciri, who want to sleep in the next room, heard Triss and hits the wall "Let me sleep!". Even if I find that the scenes already present between Geralt and Triss are beautiful, I can not help but say that there are really not enough (especially if we take into account that Witcher3 should normally be the last episode of the series ...).

We're not really sure CDProjekt take into account our thoughts on problems with Geralt and Triss romance. We should not make a petition? That's still a big way to get to hear and also speak to those who are not on the forum The Witcher 3 and who also want more Triss / Geralt. (Everyone does not speak English or Polish, but everyone can sign a simple petition).

What he said plus what i said and triss' story would be perfect again.

I mean its ununderstandable that cdp just said '' yep triss will become a background ncp. if you romance her nice, youll have a nice ending '' i mean SERIOUSLY ??
i was really really disapointed that triss was thrown away in some way and think thats a thing they really have to take care of.

alongside other stuff that makes no sence such
' wild hunt only in main story ? , noone knows the wild hunt is back ?? why is there no real break some shit quest with zoltan ?? maybe the explination how ciri ended the white frost and how she survived ? why does nobody knows radovid is dead ? why are the witch hunters still active and hunt down darfs and elves suddetnly if they dont have any orders ? who leads them now ? why cant geralt stop the witch hunters ? ( would be a nice quest with roache and zoltan ) and and and '' witcher 3 has a lot of whys and hows and huhs to explain and triss is a big part of that.
i think that should be part of a big update they should work on asap instead of small fixes.

Last edited:
We're not really sure CDProjekt take into account our thoughts on problems with Geralt and Triss romance. We should not make a petition? That's still a big way to get to hear and also speak to those who are not on the forum The Witcher 3 and who also want more Triss / Geralt. (Everyone does not speak English or Polish, but everyone can sign a simple petition).

i think CDPR should really start making SERIOUS petitions and not just "FORUM THINGIES" (like our beloved forum would say) i would say they should make a petition that last a month or 2 and make people vote it and spam it everywhere, obviously this wont make EVERYONE happy, but who follows the series and is really interested in it should be totally involved in it and its future so i think everyone should check forum/news regularly, obviously they cant approve something that has 5pro and 5 con but.. by looking at our poll there arnt many people that do not like our ideas, they should start a serious poll or something

i think CDP should stop focusing on bringing a patch every week and start building a creation kit like mod tool so the community can start creating more content. cause with more ppl on witcher 3 ( modders plus cdp ) the game could get better faster. and also we would have to bag for more triss stuff, mission and talk options to show the relationship or even triss, but we could create it ourselves.

I dont like MODs to be honest. They just dont feel real. I will play the MOD with the thought mh... well this is not the work of CDPR and nothing substantional. Even if it would be about romance with Triss.

For me it has to be CDPR creating more content since they did an absolutely amazing job already.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot that has been said here. Anyone else feel like Triss really didn't have any personality in this game? she seemed so bland and boring. Like I wanted to go with Triss, because of all the prior history. But found myself thinking that being with her had to be boring as fuck as it seemed she didn't have any real personality in this game. She didn't seem like herself. So I went with Yen purely on the basis that she felt real and had a personality in this game. But kept feeling guilty because i wanted to go with Triss. But evidently she isn't exactly a good choice gameplaywise

Last edited:
Let us all be crazy about Triss!
Ask CDProjekt an update for better integrating Triss in the main story and a DLC "wedding" with the title "A True Wish" either for Triss or Yennefer.

More seriously, there are some points that should be added to the story (and some modifications) :

- One of the important points is certainly the arc of Skellige. It's should be done before Novigrad (Geralt must clarify his feelings for Yennefer before chasing Triss), but the level required (lvl.16) for the quest indicates that Skellige should be done after Novigrad (lvl.10) ... It's just make no sense, right? Someone tried to do Skellige before Novigrad?

- The disappearance of Triss after the arc of Novigrad. She needs to go to Kaer Morhen but GingerEffect suggests that Triss other business to take care on the road but again, there are the witch hunters everywhere. That is why even Keira Metz itself must also go directly to Kaer Morhen ... Triss and Keira can they really afford to not go directly to Kaer Morhen? It's make no sense, once again.

- The lack of choice in several scenes to say "There Triss", "I like Triss" to finally remove all doubt about the feelings of Geralt.

- During the reunion with Ciri at Kaer Morhen when Yennefer kiss Geralt ... When Geralt chose Triss all along the story of The Witcher 3, it's just uncomprehending, especially to Triss, Geralt does not do anything against and he even sketched a smile ... Why can we not stop the kiss of Yennefer? A small scene between Geralt and Triss would not have been particularly refusal to trigger another scene where Ciri would be surprise. There would be the opportunity to talk with her (Ciri) after Kaer Morhen...

- The sex scenes with Triss are often sprinkle with comedy (the garden in Witcher 2, the lighthouse in Witcher 3), when it returns to Kaer Morhen after Novigrad and where Ciri take a room, it would have been a funny sex scene takes place between Geralt and Triss. Ciri, who want to sleep in the next room, heard Triss and hits the wall "Let me sleep!". Even if I find that the scenes already present between Geralt and Triss are beautiful, I can not help but say that there are really not enough (especially if we take into account that Witcher3 should normally be the last episode of the series ...).

The ordering of the areas doesn't make much sense from a romance point of view, especially as it seems clear Kaer Morhen is supposed to immediately follow Skellige. Second time round i'm going to try and go to Skellige and do last wish prior to Now or Never but i'd really like to hear a Red's take on why the structure exists as does.

The only concept that fits is Triss going to Kovir and agreeing her place in King's Court. Yet she's a mage who can teleport so her absence still makes little sense.
Kaer Morhen seems designed with the singular purpose of ignoring Triss to give space for fallout of last wish decision in the Yen relationship. I'm frustrated and unhappy the more scenes i see more Kaer Morhen where Yen-Geralt get their own unique variants whilst the non romance variant ignores Triss possibility. If there's one thing they could fix it would be this section of the game imo. Ohh and get rid of that horrible passionate kiss that has no place in a version where the romance is over.

I dont like MODs to be honest. They just doesnt feel real. I will play the MOD with the thought mh... well this is not the work of CDPR and nothing substantional. Even if it will be about romance with Triss.

For me it has to be CDPR creating more content since they did an absolutely amazing job already.

i know what you mean. but gladly there are modders out there ( like lots of the skyrim bros - me included - ) who work together on those projects. and here cdp has the opportunity to give us modders what we need to work together to make big and working releases :) sure there will be different quality mods but thats normal.
and like i said , there more ppl work on a mod the better it gets and the better the feeling is in the end.
and of course there are veen modders who work month on just one mod alone and when they release it its even better then the game itself.
and i think cdp would have a great benefit from releasing the tool .

BUT : this is a threat about triss

I strongly feel that any kind of mod will definitely not solve this. You need the VA, motioncap and writing quality from the original creators, namely CDprojekt Red, to give this issue any kind of proper resolve. Only times I use a mod it's only to enhance the graphical quality and or appropriate gameplay features suitable to the game. Putting story mods in games only puts me out because the quality changes in a very noticable manner...

I agree with a lot that has been said here. Anyone else feel like Triss really didn't have any personality in this game? she seemed so bland and boring. Like I wanted to go with Triss, because of all the prior history. But found myself thinking that being with her had to be boring as fuck as it seemed she didn't have any real personality in this game. She didn't seem like herself. So I went with Yen purely on the basis that she felt real and had a personality in this game. But kept feeling guilty because i wanted to go with Triss. But evidently she isn't exactly a good choice in this game gameplaywise

I actually like her personality in Witcher 3. If you pay enough attention to her you can see why she acts that way. I think she is really upset because it was a long time since she saw Geralt. And then when she finally meets him she remembers that there was a person.. called Yen. And she never think about a chance with Geralt as you can see at the "Now or Never" quest. She was thinking about that moment quiet a lot and thought she would be on the ship with all other mages and socceres on the way to Kovir.

And then a wild Geralt appears and asks her to stay.. well after that you can see at least in some rare moments how happy she is about your decision.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot that has been said here. Anyone else feel like Triss really didn't have any personality in this game? she seemed so bland and boring. Like I wanted to go with Triss, because of all the prior history. But found myself thinking that being with her had to be boring as fuck as it seemed she didn't have any real personality in this game. She didn't seem like herself. So I went with Yen purely on the basis that she felt real and had a personality in this game. But kept feeling guilty because i wanted to go with Triss. But evidently she isn't exactly a good choice gameplaywise

true. if we would stick to the books the ending for geralt would be him and triss and ciri on a farm as a family.
but thats no excuse for letting triss fall away .

I strongly feel that any kind of mod will definitely not solve this. You need the VA, motioncap and writing quality from the original creators, namely CDprojekt Red, to give this issue any kind of proper resolve. Only times I use a mod it's only to enhance the graphical quality and or appropriate gameplay features beffiting the game. Putting story mods in games only puts me out because the quality changes in a very noticable manner...

I think mods could possibly alleviate some of the worst bits but yeah they aren't solution in of itself, for that we need CD Projekt Red and the voice actors.

I think mods could possibly alleviate some of the worst bits but yeah they aren't solution in of itself, for that we need CD Projekt Red and the voice actors.

When it comes to voice actors.. Im from germany tho and have to say that Triss voice actor sounds soooo good. In my opinion even better that in TW2..

So sweet and so many times a lady in trouble.. you always have to help her :wub:

Why not? the Citadel dlc was successful and well received right?

I think it would be prudent of them to at least consider it. The Citadel DLC was good shit - it was goofy and over the top at times, but when it comes down to it it was just fun and paid homage to the characters we had grown so fond of. Same with this game - who wouldn't want to spend some more time in this world?

As for what I'm expecting: I'm not expecting anything - I'm keeping my expectations low so I won't get disappointed (again).

I too am trying not to get my hopes up too high. That's why the current mishandling of Triss sucks so bad; my hopes were so high that when they didn't satisfy, the fall from killed me. :X

I fully expected I could choose who to invite there prior to finding Uma. The fact that I had to wait for Yen to invite Triss there only to be simple manpower support in an upcoming battle was incredibly disappointing.

I agree that a fan service DLC wouldn't fix everything. It would go a long way to helping flesh the romance out though which is my main issue.
The problem would be best addressed by integrating her more fully into the game world. The handling of the Kaer Morhen stuff was incredibly disappointing - the fact that Triss wasn't there for anything but her fireballs. :dry: She shouldn't have just disappeared prior to that either and we should have been able to talk with her pretty extensively after that.

And significant interaction between Triss and Yen was a sorely missed opportunity. We got nothing like that. Yen acts like her and Geralt are back together (even the other Witchers just assums this as well with no option to correct them). Yen even throws a fit sending Geralt into a portal in anger which I think only works if the player chose to romance Yen. Triss is almost like a non-character/out of character in and after Kaer Morhen making her seem really insignificant to the overall game.

The lack of interaction between Yen and Triss and even Geralt is definitely a huge missed opportunity. Would have developed all of the characters in a major way. And the fact that she just feels so insignificant to the rest of the game is one of the worst parts.

I fully expected, wanted and hoped that W3 would give equal treatment of quality to both Triss and Yen. Triss because of previous games and Yen because of fanservice to the book lovers. We got nothing close to that. A Citadel-type dlc would just be a frustrating reminder that Triss was clearly shafted in favour of Yen in the overall main game.

With the exception of a few other small gripes I have with the game that doesn't really detract from an otherwise brilliant game. This debacle with Triss IS killing the game for me.

I feel the same - I've said as much. The few minor grievances present don't really detract from the game. This is a major grievance, one that is making me hesitate going back and playing through it again. I also would like to say that I didn't expect equal amounts of screen time between the two but I sure as hell didn't expect them to half-ass Triss the way they did. The dialogue should be just as meaningful, the choice just as impactful, the romance to be just as rewarding. Sadly, for us Triss fans, it just isn't. :X A huge missed opportunity on their part.

I like the Yen telepopting Geralt into a lake. It's understandable if she's upset if dumped or dealing with notion of Geralt having been with Triss if they are back togetehr. What annoys me is the dialogue choice during that sequence lacks any reactivity to the choice and implies a Geralt who's still with her.

I agree, I too liked the teleport-scene. In front of Yen though, Geralt acts like a spineless urchin instead of a man with his own actions and reasons behind them. Why couldn't he have just said it? "Triss is better - get over it" He constantly lets her walk all over him. Like Eskel said, he would brave a fire for her and she plays him like a fiddle. Another scene in which she plays him. Regardless of your choices. If you romanced Triss, if you didn't romance Triss, if you broke the Djinn's spell, if you didn't break the Djinn's spell, none of that matters. He still folds like a cheap tent in front of her. Just, like I said, makes the entire romance seem less impactful and it's a disservice to us fans who really like the romance and who prefer Triss to Yennefer.

I actually agree with you BUT I think the odds of them patching the game so we get a more satisfying Triss romance are very low (sadly)
A Citadel-like DLC is a bit more probably (or any other DLC with Triss for that matter). It would still be disappointing of course since Triss was shafted in the main game but one can't say no to more Triss right?

Agreed. A patch to change what we have is less likely than a standalone DLC. It wouldn't fix everything but it could go a long way to helping us cope with the poor handling of the main game. And no, I certainly couldn't say no to more Triss. ;)

I too agree but think it's very unlikely.
That however doesn't mean we should stop advocating for our ideal situation. Lets let CDPR decide what's feasible and what's not - that's their job after all. Our job is to simply tell them what we want.

Well said Madoga :p I am not ruling anything out at this point. I think we are open to any and all suggestions on this thread. At this stage, because it's early yet, CDPR is open to suggestions as well.

I feel like I'm mostly repeating myself sadly. This whole thing has just turned me bitter. I fully know it's a long shot that CDprojekt Red'll adress these issues we all have but it certainly doesn't turn me away from voicing my apparent despair...

I feel you - I've said the same things over and over on this thread but as long as we keep talking about it, we stand a better chance of getting heard.

you guys seen this thread? GingerEffect looks he wants to help us lol

We've seen it - that was a thread about the mishandling of the sex scene itself. It evolved into what you see before you. A full discussion about the total mishandling of Triss in general. They started this thread after it became apparent the REDs were listening and dedicated platform (poll included) would be more likely to change the minds of some of them. Sadly, GingerEffect's comments didn't give me a lot of hope. Sounds like he (can't speak for what the rest of the REDs think) thinks Triss is fine. We have one in our Triss group though. :p

Touching upon things I felt unresolved but should have been during my playthrough, I never thought to bring up myself - About never getting to actively voice Geralt's reasoning behind these important decicions in front of him to his closest and most dear to him. Another missed opportunity sadly.

That's what this essentially boils down to - missed opportunities abound. I would have loved some more dialogue where Geralt is actively talking about why Triss is great and why he picked her. It's not too terribly out of character even though he is not the most emotional/expressive. He clearly sees what we see - he should be able to talk about it with those close to him. Yennefer included - that's a mature, adult conversation I think they should have had at some point.

G: "You got your wish..."
Y: "Is it because of Triss?"
G: "Yeah, it is. Sorry, I still care for you but what we have is special. Maybe if we hadn't lost all that time but its too late for that now"
Y: "I understand. I don't like it but I understand."

If GingerEffect does bring this point up in some meetings and discussions, there's a lot more hope for us ... So let us hope, he is as magically bounded/fascinated by Triss and her charming smiles and flashy eyes as we are.

How could he not be? ;) But yeah, a dev or two on our side would be a huge help. I just don't think they want to support anyone until they know what all the details of the planned DLCs.

For now I'd really like some story/interaction based adventures over silly dlc/expansions. They can do silly stuff when the game is as near to perfect as it's gonne get.

Hell, I'll take anything they are willing to give us at this point. As said above, fixing the main game should be priority number one but anything would be better than leaving it how it is. :X

triss really was well written during the missions with her. But given the fact that besides those few mission you had no chance to have a conversation with her ( except for one time ) and that after kaer morhen she bocame a background char really pissed me off.

That's what we've been saying 1000 times over. After things are finally starting to get good, they take her away from you. And that's pretty much it. After the lighthouse scene your Triss interaction is next to nothing and there's still 50+ hours of the game left. That scene at the fountain really helps to power you through the rest of it but it doesn't do her justice. It doesn't give this amazing character the sendoff she deserves.

Before the battle of kaer Morhen ( maybe let her actually be in kaer morhen at the time geralt arives there ? becasue she told him she will go there and wait ? )

Agreed. The fact that she disappears completely is unfair. GingerEffect gave some not so great reasoning for this as she is her own character with her own stuff going on and she had to take care of some things first. But does that mean she has to disappear from the game world completely? I mean it, she's actually gone - don't bother looking because you will not find her. Like she had loose ends to tie up in Novigrad? Great. But put her in a place where we could go and interact with her. She needed to tend to something in Velen? In Skellige? All fine but she should still be there in some way.

- give them more time together, like spending an evening on skellige or in novigrad or doing stuff just a couple does, do just show that they are in a relationship

Agreed. A simple romance (not sex) scene would have done wonders towards the issues. Show them just being together. Like I said, a simple picnic scene in the orchards outside Novigrad would have been so sweet. A scene I would have replayed over and over just to see the chemistry between them. And that's another thing - the chemistry between them is so apparent and convincing. Just why can't we see more of it?

a better sex scene. Using the same sex sequence as in the brothles ? just weak. Give her such a slow and amazing scene as in witcher 2

I don't care so much about the sex scene. I put it lower on the list of priorities. Yeah, it would have been nice to see but not the most important issue at hand.

last words befor kaer morhen or and skellige to show that there is emotional drama going on that geralt or even triss could die.

I so wanted this. In the third Mass Effect, before the final battle you get a chance to go and talk to every single squad mate still alive. If they are there in person you walk up and talk and say possible good-byes. If they aren't there in person, the Comms officer gets them on the phone so you can say goodbye. One of the most emotional parts of the game in my opinion. Before the final battle with the Hunt we should have been able to talk to everybody who was present. Those conversations could have been so deep and meaningful and saying goodbye to Triss possibly forever would've probably made me tear up a little bit. :crybaby:

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING : THE ROSE OF REMEMBRENCE ! THERE ARE ELVEN RUINS IN THE GAME, BRING BACK SUCH A DEEP MISSION WHERE GERALT TAKES TRISS TO SUCH A RUIN AND RENEWS HIS PROMISE FROM WITCHER 2 !!! <----- MOST IMPORTANT SIDE QUEST

I agree. I have said this as a possible side quest a couple of times. Would have been a chance to really develop and cement the romance. Like if you told her "I love you" in Now or Never, you are still open to getting with Yen & the possible "bad" ending. If you tell her to stay and you do the quest for the rose, the possibility of getting with Yennefer isn't even there anymore. How could you give her the rose and still have possible feelings for another woman? It's as good as a wedding ring. ;) I swear I'd pay a couple of bucks for this side quest alone. But hey, I'm a sucker for Triss. :p :heart:

im not sure but i think the rose only grew in that place, otherwise it wouldnt be special, would it?

I'm sure they could include a reason. A couple were taken from the garden in Flotsam and planted here near some enchanted elven ruins. You could ask some local elves about it and they put you on the trail. Easily doable in my opinion.

Anyone else feel like Triss really didn't have any personality in this game? she seemed so bland and boring.

First of all, welcome to the group. :) Secondly, no. I felt like she had a lot of personality, a lot of chemistry between her and Geralt, a lot going on in her particular side quests. My problem is there wasn't enough of it, it wasn't as developed as it should have been, and it wasn't integrated more fully into the game world.

Also, yeah I don't think mods are going to fix it. I would welcome anything, if done properly, that could help fix this whole Triss fiasco but I think CDPR are the only ones that could give her the conclusion she so richly deserves, don't you think?

Sorry for that long reply with lots of quotes but there was more activity overnight than I had thought. :eek: I also like to give my thoughts on individual points of longer posts. I know you guys put the time into writing them and I would like to spend at least as much time reading & responding to your thoughts.

Keep up the discussion people! We crushed 1000 posts last night, we are at 37k views and over 300 votes in the poll (85% in favor of more Triss too so that's a plus :p).

Last edited:
Almost 260 votes! That's something.

When it comes to voice actors.. Im from germany tho and have to say that Triss voice actor sounds soooo good. In my opinion even better that in TW2..

Nah, nothing beats the Englisch VO imo. To each his own, I guess. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom