• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even know what the Wish *IS*.

Besides, thankfully, the wish is broken in the game.

We do. Geralt briefly addresses it in one of the later books. He basically wished for Yennefer to be his beloved.

I didn't know that wish can be undone in the games do. Interesting. When/where do you get that option?

I didn't know that wish can be undone in the games do. Interesting. When/where do you get that option

The favor Yennefer asks of you while on Skellige after performing the Necromancy on Skjall. She wants to break the wish using a Djinn of her own.

---------- Updated at 06:35 AM ----------

EDIT: @xE1NSTE1Nx2049 shaedhen is neutral in his expression of user's opinions. His summations or elaborations do not detract nor alter the original theme of the post. This is a rare gift, and I'll dare guess they are, or could be, an effective journalist. Which themselves are rare.

I know it was a half-joke and half-compliment. He is able to express neutrality in his posts even if he isn't neutral himself. :p Nicely done.

Since the ''The Last Wish'. I suggest you read it (here's a summary of the story: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Wish_(short_story) ). Then you'll figure out that what I say isn't about idealism, it's about a wish that created a powerful magical bond between Geralt and Yennefer. Geralt and Triss don't have such a bond.

No, Geralt must be with Yennefer for the rest of his life because of a spell from a genie that created a powerful magical bond between him and Yennefer.
Obviously The Witcher games prove that it's possible for Geralt to have relationships with other people than Yennefer, but at the same time the games also prove us that the bond between him and Yennefer is still very much in tact, based on the fact Geralt immediately became obsessed with Yennefer as soon as he started to regain his memories of her.

That Djinn spell can be broken. Therefore Geralt does not have to be with Yen forever. That was the entire point of breaking it.

Edit: seems like someone explained it before me. lol!

You're missing my point. My point is that up until the very end of Triss's story arc you didn't even get the chance to confess any kind of feelings for Triss. In TW1, TW2 and the vast majority of TW3 Geralt never treats Triss more than someone he fancies and has a good time with. Only in the very end do you as the player get the chance to turn it into something more than just a fling.

Meanwhile there is clear and obvious chemistry between Yen and Geralt right from the start when they meet again. As the player you get the choice not to act on those feelings, but regardless of how you play the game there is always some chemistry between Geralt and Yennefer.

Actually Geralt behaves "lovey dovey" around Yen before the spell is broken. Once it's broken, it is Yen who kisses Geralt and gets angry because she still has feelings. Geralt doesn't have the dialogue options to admit anything other than that he and Yen aren't together anymore but his behavior is different.

Overall, my Geralt fell for Triss before the Djinn spell was even broken.

Last edited:
Since when did TW become a Disney movie? Are all adult relationships supposed to be tossed out the window over some idealistic opinion of "True Love".
So the first person you decide you love you must stick with them forever. No changing your mind or your heart. You must be with them for the rest of your life simply because at one time you wanted to spend the rest of your life with them?

Flings and affairs become relationships all the time. People fall out of love and in love with other people. It happens every single day.

And what you say about Triss can also apply to Yen. Present Day Geralt only tells Yen he loves her if you pick the dialogue options.

You have a good point there. People change and Geralt too.

Actually Geralt behaves "lovey dovey" around Yen before the spell is broken. Once it's broken, it is Yen who kisses Geralt and gets angry because she still has feelings. Geralt doesn't have the dialogue options to admit anything other than that he and Yen aren't together anymore but his behavior is different.

Overall, my Geralt fell for Triss before the Djinn spell was even broken.

I remember we have a dialouge options with Lambert " we are not couple anymore" when he ask you about Yen

I wish people would stop say "my Geralt". This isn't a BioWare RPG. Geralt is never our character, he's Sapkowski's character first and foremost, we just get to decide which path of life Geralt walks.

I get what you mean when you say "my Geralt' but it just sounds wrong to me because The Witcher isn't a traditional roleplaying game where we get to play a blank-slate character and get to decide who our character is (which is what I actually like about The Witcher, I hate playing blank-slate characters).

As for me, "my" Geralt is the same Geralt as he always was in the books. I guess i"m fucked because I'm such a fan of the books. I can't play Geralt any other way than as Geralt from the books. With every choice I make in the games I think "what would Geralt from the books do?". It's fun to play that way but also quite limiting. I'm not sure if i'll ever be able to romance Triss in The Witcher 3. It would probably feel wrong to me.

Last edited:
@luc0s this is entirely your prerogative, but based on your earlier posts it sounds like you are trying to convince that we are wrong for playing how we want to play. Again, personal preference - you like Yen and we like Triss. Let's leave it at that and let us please try to steer the conversation back on track.
Well said, this is how I feel!

@luc0sbut based on your earlier posts it sounds like you are trying to convince that we are wrong for playing how we want to play.

That's not at all what I'm trying to do.

All I'm saying is that Geralt's isn't your character and he has an entire history and certain characteristics that will never change. I thought the spell between Yennefer and Geralt was one of those things, but I didn't realize yet that the spell can be broken in The Witcher 3.

That said, obviously within the freedom that CDPR gives us you are free to choose and do what you want. Your playthrough isn't any less valid than mine.

I wish people would stop say "my Geralt". This isn't a BioWare RPG. Geralt is never our character, he's Sapkowski's character first and foremost, we just get to decide which path of life Geralt walks.

I get what you mean when you say "my Geralt' but it just sounds wrong to me because The Witcher isn't a traditional roleplaying game where we get to play a blank-slate character and get to decide who our character is (which is what I actually like about The Witcher, I hate playing blank-slate characters).

As for me, "my" Geralt is the same Geralt as he always was in the books. I guess i"m fucked because I'm such a fan of the books. I can't play Geralt any other way than as Geralt from the books. With every choice I make in the games I think "what would Geralt from the books do?". It's fun to play that way but also quite limiting. I'm not sure if i'll ever be able to romance Triss in The Witcher 3. It would probably feel wrong to me.

Book Geralt + Djin bond always choose Yen
Book Geralt + Game Geralt + Djin bond broke don't know what he will choose (depend on us of course :D)

Book Geralt + Djin bond always choose Yen
Book Geralt + Game Geralt + Djin bond broke don't know what he will choose (depend on us of course :D)

That's true. But I'd argue that once you've been together for so long under a spell, the spell basically becomes your new reality. Lifting the spell will make no difference, at least not for me. :D

But I am glad that CDPR thought about the spell from The Last Wish and gave us a way to lift it so that you Triss lovers can truly be together with Triss. ;)

Yeah I get your trying to say, but the choices that we make, and more importantly the consequences of our choices are what makes this game freaking amazing. We were given the choice to be any kind of Geralt we want to be, and we as players chose to be the Geralt that fell in love with Triss and broke it off with Yen. What really bums us off is that the game regularly tries to make us feel like we've made the wrong choice due to the lack of Triss content, which is totally unfair on our part, because, mainly on just personal preference, we don't get interaction and content on our choice regarding Triss. Most of us here wouldn't even want to have another playthrough of the game because we were so affected that the choices we've made regarding Triss wasn't really given any importance. I hope you get what I'm trying to say, because this is the reason why most of us are here trying to make CDPR realize that we as fans should get to see the consequences of our actions, and in a sense see the effects of these actions on the lives of the people we've all grown to love.

Wow this thread just keeps going and going
Almost 300 posts today. :p

Book Geralt + Game Geralt + Djin bond broke don't know what he will choose (depend on us of course )

This is what I am trying to say - the Geralt we play as is a different person than at the beginning of the games. He started that one, quite literally as a blank slate. Everything that has happened since then has incited real development in him. His history with Yen (pre-amnesia), his history with Triss (post-amnesia), and no magic influencing his mind, means we the player are free to choose whoever we want.

This circles back to the original point of this thread. If we the player prefer Triss, is it fair that we don't get as fulfilling of a story? Especially since it is the last one.

That's not at all what I'm trying to do.

All I'm saying is that Geralt's isn't your character and he has an entire history and certain characteristics that will never change. I thought the spell between Yennefer and Geralt was one of those things, but I didn't realize yet that the spell can be broken in The Witcher 3.

That said, obviously within the freedom that CDPR gives us you are free to choose and do what you want. Your playthrough isn't any less valid than mine.

Actually and this is according to the game, the spell really amounts to nothing in the end. For all we know the djin could be just lying he just says "blah, guardf, wharever." so he gets released. Unless Yen is well versed in Djin :)

My point is that it is clear that Yen still loves Geralt and Geralt still loves Yen, he can either tell her so and he can asshole and break her heart.

Same with the scene in the port, he loves Triss and he can decide to tell her that or not. For reference of their situation, look youtube W2 rose of remembrance.

Problem is if you let your heart rule all your decisions, well, let's just say the girls won't be as accommodating.

Last edited:
Yeah I get your trying to say, but the choices that we make, and more importantly the consequences of our choices are what makes this game freaking amazing. We were given the choice to be any kind of Geralt we want to be, and we as players chose to be the Geralt that fell in love with Triss and broke it off with Yen. What really bums us off is that the game regularly tries to make us feel like we've made the wrong choice due to the lack of Triss content, which is totally unfair on our part, because, mainly on just personal preference, we don't get interaction and content on our choice regarding Triss. Most of us here wouldn't even want to have another playthrough of the game because we were so affected that the choices we've made regarding Triss wasn't really given any importance. I hope you get what I'm trying to say, because this is the reason why most of us are here trying to make CDPR realize that we as fans should get to see the consequences of our actions, and in a sense see the effects of these actions on the lives of the people we've all grown to love.

Imagine how us Yennifer fans felt for the past 7 years. At least you Triss fans have had THREE games with tons of Triss content. Us Yennefer fans didn't get to see Yennefer until now in TW3.

So before you complain about the lack of Triss content, please think about this fact.

Not that I would be against CDPR adding more Triss content. Obviously not. I like Triss. I just like Yennefer more (a lot more).

Lifting the spell will make no difference, at least not for me.

This is essentially what happens. I saw a video for it. Yen she says something to the effect of "I thought I'd look at you and not feel a thing but nothing's changed". You then get the chance to reciprocate your feelings if you do choose her.

at really bums us off is that the game regularly tries to make us feel like we've made the wrong choice due to the lack of Triss content, which is totally unfair on our part, because, mainly on just personal preference, we don't get interaction and content on our choice regarding Triss.

Yup. Our choice doesn't have much of an impact on the later parts of the game. That's why we're here. You said it pretty well:
we as fans should get to see the consequences of our actions, and in a sense see the effects of these actions on the lives of the people we've all grown to love.

Especially strange since in a game so heavily focused on player choice and the consequences of those choices, this one seems to fall flat. I personally think they nailed almost every other major choice though. Just a little more polishing to this one and I will have almost nothing to complain about. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom