Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a huge problem with them - in fact they help to show the far-reaching consequences of some of your actions. However, shouldn't there have been something more between the love interest? That choice alone is setting the tone for the rest of their lives.

I think the slide does set the tone for the rest of their lives on top of the fountain conversation. I can see why the interactive epilogues focus on Ciri. I'm not saying i'd not have enjoyed if she'd had an extra line in the interactive epilogue(though i was glad she was there) but it's not an particularly issue i'm critical of. It's her Kaer Morhen & forced Yen romance focus that gets me extremely annoyed and her relative silence in the final Skellige portion to a degree too.

Thank you. I'm going to write another sometime today. :p They just help to give a little bit of closure - I know it's not the same as seeing it unfold on screen in front of you, but it helps a bit. :X

At least it gives us a good feeling as we can imagine how it could be. And that alone is a good thought so far :)

Ohhh and by the way I got some interesting stuff here while helping Ciri in Novigrad:

First of all Ciri knows about Geralt being a "womanizer". They just went to the tavern to visit "Bea" a friend of Ciri who helped her finding Dandelion.
Bea said that Ciri told a lot of stories about Geralt. That he helped Ciri so many times she cant count them and makes her laugh. But other woman he... and then Ciri closed the conversation :D

While leaving the tavern there was another interesting conversation between Ciri and Geralt:

G: "This Bea.."
C: "Hm?"
G: "She seems to be a nice woman.."
C:"Ohhh Geralt.. u are terrible !"

Was quiet funny to see that Ciri knows about that "every woman wants Geralt" story.

After that Ciri told Geralt that she didnt want to contact Triss because of the Witchhunters. She didnt want Triss to get in trouble and thats why she didnt try to contact her. And Triss didnt know that Ciri was in Novigrad at this time so there was no way for Triss to help Ciri.

Just wanted to clarify that ;)

Yeah you get one additional piece of dialogue, I reloaded 3 hours back just to get it. Considering that dialogue is about 20% of the dialogue we have with her :p

Where do you find them?
I won't start another play through for a while (probably), but it would be nice to know.

Wait, it was already answered. I should be renamed to Captain Slow.

Last edited:
Been around this forum for a while and wanted to make an account to help support what all of you are doing

Thanks for the support :) We can use all the help we can get. Your views are shared by almost all of us here.

Yen kissing Geralt in Kaer Morhen despite a potentially romanced Triss being present and the possibility that you can break off the relationship with her in general: This, to me, is the worst of the game not recognizing Geralt's romance with Triss or even Geralt's decision to end the relationship.

This is definitely one of the suckier parts. As you said, if I broke it off with Yen and picked Triss over her, I would think the last thing she would want to do is kiss him. Even if it is a heat of the moment kind of thing, I don't think it is in keeping with Yen's character (cool and calm in all circumstances) and it is not in keeping with the choices we made as the player. I don't want to kiss Yen, I would rather kiss Triss. If that wasn't an option, I would rather there not be any kissing in that scene. Only include the kiss if we did romance Yen or if we romanced both. Those are the only times when that makes sense.

Another is that nobody but Triss, Geralt, Djistra, and Philipa seem to know that they are together

Yup. Lack of reactivity. Except for those characters, everyone else just assumes you are still with Yennefer. Not cool CDPR. Not cool. This is why we feel that the game pushes us toward Yennefer even if we have already broken it off with her.

Even Ciri, who plays one of the bigger roles in the game, is like a daughter to Geralt, and who seems to know Geralt inside and out makes no mention of Geralt having anything to do with Triss or even having nothing to do with Yen. Her dialogue sometimes conveys the idea that Geralt and Yen are still a couple.

Having Ciri remain on the sidelines for this is HUGE missed opportunity, in my opinion. As Phillipa states, it must make her uneasy. She would probably have some interesting observations on the whole love triangle. Sadly, she just stays to the side and does her own thing. It's an important thing, no doubt about that, but it is not the only thing happening.

Been around this forum for a while and wanted to make an account to help support what all of you are doing. I romanced Triss and while doing so it felt like an afterthought due to some of the points in the game where it would seem reasonable to mention Geralt romancing Triss or breaking up with Yen not doing a great job at recognizing my choices. There were also some moments in the game where it felt like I was still in a relationship with Yen when this was in fact not the case. These have been mentioned already, but I Iwould like to add my 2 cents on the inconsistencies. Spoilers btw.

Yen kissing Geralt in Kaer Morhen despite a potentially romanced Triss being present and the possibility that you can break off the relationship with her in general: This, to me, is the worst of the game not recognizing Geralt's romance with Triss or even Geralt's decision to end the relationship. Geralt and Yen (in a Triss only romance or an alone playthrough) have just broken up with Yen for what will probably be the last time now that the wish that always made sure that they would never forever be separated is no longer a factor in their lives which allows for the possibility that Geralt might never see or think of Yen again.From what I know of Yen she thinks before she does things and not to mention she values her relationships whether friendly or intimate and even if you call the kiss impulsive I imagine kissing Geralt would be the last thing she would consider since they just broke up and you realize that, at the beginning of the Kaer Morhen questline she is, to put it mildly angry at you. All the while Triss just looks at them and pretends it never happend. Note that Triss looking at Yen kissing Geralt is not romance exclusive. She looks at them evenwhen you say goodbye to her and are with Yen. You would think that she would have something to say or maybe react a bit stronger towards the kiss if they are in a relationship would you?

Another is that nobody but Triss, Geralt, Djistra, and Philipa seem to know that they are together. Even Yen, who can read Geralt's mind, does not seem to know of Geralt's possible feelings towards Triss. Either that or she's in denial and doesn't even acknowledge the fact that Triss is present. Even if Geralt and Triss weren't together they were 6 months ago so this could be seen as an inconsiderate thing to do. Yen values her friends so I don't think she would think about making things awkward with Triss. Even Ciri, who plays one of the bigger roles in the game, is like a daughter to Geralt, and who seems to know Geralt inside and out makes no mention of Geralt having anything to do with Triss or even having nothing to do with Yen. Her dialogue sometimes conveys the idea that Geralt and Yen are still a couple. This is evident when the two are sitting together after the battle with the crones and Imlerith having a conversation on Yen's reaction on allowing her to go there. She's the only one that's noted even when Triss or Avallac'h are just as concerned and important to Ciri.

These are only two of the many inconsistencies present and it would be great if CDPR would at least revise some bits of the Kaer Morhen plot to where it acthally takes into account that Geralt could be with Triss or alone. Moreso with Triss as the break up is still mentioned but Yen kissing Geralt when they just separated just seemed strange to me.
Triss' character development from when she was first introduced in the books to Witcher 3 is sound and reasonable imo and the fact that Geralt can reject Yen and live with Triss in Kovir without any mention of Yen getting in contact with Geralt only solidifies the fact that in The Witcher 3 there is no right or wrong decision of who Geralt can confess his love to. It's uo to the player to decide what Geralt does. This isn't a direct sequel from the books. Despite the relationship of Triss and Geralt being somewhat founded on manipulation Triss has come togenuinely care for Geralt by the Witcher 3. True if it was a direct sequel from the books with Triss not receiving any character development one could say thatshe could have different motivationsfor being with Geralt but in Witcher 3 you can see that Triss is willing to let go of Geralt so he can be happy with Triss or if Geralt loves her instead she drops everything to be with him.

Just my views on the romance as well as Triss' development of her feelings for Geralt. There are some book readers or Witcher 1 gamers who won't forgive Triss and think she is unworthy of Geralt's love and choose Yen and think that she should be the only option, but I disagree. Both have flaws to their relationship and treatment of Geralt. The games give enough room for Geralt to feel differently from how he was in the books.

Again just my opinions/views on this. The whole point of rpgs is to make decisions and have things left for interpretation so that the player may role play however the game allows them to. Sorry for the wall of text btw just really enjoyed Triss' character.

I think the bolded line is about the only thing in your post i disagree with. I think Triss is dishonest at the start of the romance because she's in love with him and will do anything to make her dreams a reality. As you say by the Witcher 3 i think she's trying to do the noble thing or is resigned to losing to Yen despite her feelings.

But yeah everything else spot on, disbelieving disappointment at Kaer Morhen handling up to and including kiss and the wider lack of reactivity/acknowledgment of the relationship. lf they just revised Kaer Morhen i'd be more tolerant of other shortcomings.

U plan on writing a book about a new witcher adventure? :cheers:

Would give u my money for such ideas :wub:

The thing is.. while reading those dialogues like those from @xE1NSTE1Nx2049 I always imagine how perfectly Triss and Geralt would say that with their personality. Everytime a great feeling :)

Appreciate the kind words! Thought of writing some fan-fiction of a post-TW3 Triss ending, where Geralt+friends still have adventures. Something like a series of connected chapters. The Triss+Geralt ending works so well for this because it's open-ended, and their characters allow us to assign new ideas or interests allowing them to branch into new stories in a believable way. Money? I'd do it for free!

Nice little dialogue. :p Certainly better than the one epilogue slide. You said this was in Kovir though, so what's Dandelion doing there? :X Isn't he still in Novigrad? Or are you implying this before they leave Novigrad and are shacked up at the Cabaret? Sorry, just not entirely clear where and when you are saying this takes place.

In Kovir. We can say he came to visit. If I made it into a story, Priscilla (sp?) and he are opening a small chain of establishments...giving him an excuse to travel around, constantly showing up (conveniently or otherwise) in them. Or even better, he's there to drag Geralt off because he's getting hitched tomorrow, which would require shenanigans, an adventure, with a twist. Or whatever. It's an open ended idea.

If they were going to add something like this, it would only make sense to include one for Yen too. I don't want the Yennefer-fans to get shafted either. :eek:

Fully agree. They could add a Yen one, and the alone one too.

Whatever works in the end:cheers:

At least it gives us a good feeling as we can imagine how it could be. And that alone is a good thought so far :)

Ohhh and by the way I got some interesting stuff here while helping Ciri in Novigrad:

First of all Ciri knows about Geralt being a "womanizer". They just went to the tavern to visit "Bea" a friend of Ciri who helped her finding Dandelion.
Bea said that Ciri told a lot of stories about Geralt. That he helped Ciri so many times she cant count them and makes her laugh. But other woman he... and then Ciri closed the conversation :D

While leaving the tavern there was another interesting conversation between Ciri and Geralt:

G: "This Bea.."
C: "Hm?"
G: "She seems to be a nice woman.."
C:"Ohhh Geralt.. u are terrible !"

Was quiet funny to see that Ciri knows about that "every woman wants Geralt" story.

After that Ciri told Geralt that she didnt want to contact Triss because of the Witchhunters. She didnt want Triss to get in trouble and thats why she didnt try to contact her. And Triss didnt know that Ciri was in Novigrad at this time so there was no way for Triss to help Ciri.

Just wanted to clarify that ;)

Is it just me that thought there was more to Bea/Ciri than friendship?

I'm glad they added the Ciri line about why she didn't contact Triss. I still think the excuse is a bit weak and i'd have preferred her to be out of town like Zoltan.

Around here I believe in the bushes, WITCHER CSI SENSES will help you find it around the broken remains of the bed.

It needs to be picked up before U.M.A is finished, then you can give Triss them after the Philippa quest in Novigrad I believe.

Because... 1). You can't talk to her in Kaer Morhen when she does show up.
2). You can't talk to her after the battle because she leaves.
3). "Well?"

Thank you so much! got another 3 sentences from Triss now :)

Is it just me that thought there was more to Bea/Ciri than friendship?

I'm glad they added the Ciri line about why she didn't contact Triss. I still think the excuse is a bit weak and i'd have preferred her to be out of town like Zoltan.

There was a certain dialogue option in the sauna also lol

Geralt dialogues should be for me more peremptory and then characters maybe understand who he choose. I felt sometimes that I choosed another dialogue option than Geralt said.... :(

I think the slide does set the tone for the rest of their lives on top of the fountain conversation. I can see why the interactive epilogues focus on Ciri. I'm not saying i'd not have enjoyed if she'd had an extra line in the interactive epilogue(though i was glad she was there) but it's not an particularly issue i'm critical of. It's her Kaer Morhen & forced Yen romance focus that gets me extremely annoyed and her relative silence in the final Skellige portion to a degree too.

I know what you are saying and I know your biggest problem is Kaer Morhen and on. It's mine too. I'm merely supporting that no option is out of bounds to try to fix this. If they didn't touch Kaer Morhen and added something to the end, it, in my opinion, would go a long way toward making the whole thing feel more fulfilling. Wouldn't fix it, but it would help.

I know that. Like I said, I am fine with Triss being put to the side, and in this case it is explained by the narrative. No reason she couldn't have made a comment about it later after Kaer Morhen. Like on Bald Mountain after the fight with Imlerith when they are just sitting there.

C "So what's going on with you and Yennefer?"
G "Nothing anymore. I'm with Triss now."
C "Really? Triss? And this is something you want?"
G "Mmhmm. We've 'bonded' since you've been away."

Even something simple like that. But Ciri doesn't seem to care. Doesn't fit her character in my opinion either. She's very caring and she definitely would care about what's going on in Geralt's life. What sort of tracks he's laying down for his future. I don't know. Everything else about this game is awesome but they missed a lot of opportunity for character development, inclusion, and connection. Which is sad because the characters are so compelling and so well written. I guess I just expected a bit more on this side of things. Triss especially. I think she got hit hardest of all. The reason I'm on this thread.

Sorry I thought that Triss said this

It's my signature though, fool... :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom