• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal favourite. So lovely!

sorry to interrupt your magnificent pics of triss but i'd like to say what i think :D

so basically adding post end stuff when the end of the game has been determinated might result in ruining the ending for someone but i think they could manage quite easily to make an extra dlc or expansion. cdpr really loves their fans because thats what keeps them alive (except food) so i guess they would do anything to make their fans happy

sorry to interrupt your magnificent pics of triss but i'd like to say what i think :D

so basically adding post end stuff when the end of the game has been determinated might result in ruining the ending for someone but i think they could manage quite easily to make an extra dlc or expansion. cdpr really loves their fans because thats what keeps them alive (except food) so i guess they would do anything to make their fans happy

And water.

She is also very cute when she's angry. Also just saw that someone from CDPR joined our Triss group, nice to see that.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-05-26 21-03-03-31.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-26 21-03-03-31.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I dont know if you guys and gals noticed that through the story when you tried to interact with triss all you could say was "how are you feeling" and then "lets change subject" is it normal to happen? i mean.. thats a totally pointless dialogue, and after a certain point i can only say "See you" i always tried to exhaust every possible dialogue because i really love the lore but triss never had anything to say, at all.. (thats what happend to me atleast)

This is one of my favors.

Subtitles in german but she says: This time of the year Kovir should be beautiful. But I prefer you.

She looks so happy after u told her that she is the one :)

Attachments

• 292030_screenshots_2015-05-25_00015.jpg
    292030_screenshots_2015-05-25_00015.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
@Eesti The how are you feeling dialog leads to you asking her how she feels after the torture scene, but since you, just like me probably didn't let anyone touch her it just leads to an empty dialog.

I went the torture route as Triss seemed determined and it seemed to result in more dialogue with her afterwards which was good.
Was hard though listening to the screams and wanting to rush in sword in hand. Fortunately she isn't a damsel and can handle herself.

@sammygm Yup, I also didn't let it go further than that slap, was really surprised later when I found out that there is a torture scene in that mission.

Last edited:
So I've been here for quite some time and just realised that I haven't voiced my opinion yet. Very interesting discussions in this thread so far. Just hope it stays that way :)

Though I've read the books, games gave me an opportunity to change Geralt, to let him start anew. His relationship with Triss was a great way to show this, slowly developing through all games. Besides that, Triss herself slowly became a very complex character, which was very nice. It was very promising until I finished the third game.
Sometimes I think that a Witcher game just can't hold more than one strong romance at a time. One choice is always weaker than the other one. There are Shani , Ves, and it looks like Triss joins them now.
In this game their relationship with Geralt feels separated from the rest of the main world. I mean, in Novigrad every second character acknowledges their feelings, while after that I only hear phrases about the first and second game, mostly jokes about sex. Nobody mentioned a word about Novigrad events and their current relationship.
And then there is Yennefer. Not going to start anything, she was written very well, and there were some interesting scenes, but the main problem is, the game forces you to be that Geralt, from the past. What about my Geralt, who has significantly changed compared to himself in the books? Not to mention the importance of that love confession in Novigrad. Oh, whatever.
As soon as Yennefer comes in sight, Geralt turns into some sort of flirting machine. Every time I wanted him to say something and stop this, he did exactly the opposite thing. Well at least there is a jinni quest, thanks for that. And again, every interaction with Yennefer pretty much like moments from the books, but this game just doesn't seem to care about our previous acts from earlier games. Half of the game is for the newcomers, and the other half is trying to follow the book steps.
Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I wish that they should've implemented something like Iorveth/Roche choice. After Novigrad Triss becomes very silent character("Well? Well? Well?"). Even that scene with her after Kaer Morhen feels like some kind of a rushed explanation to the ending slide( Your choices durning conversations don't really affect that slide at all, but it's already me grumbling). No reactions, references ,quests, etc. All that really makes you feel....restricted in terms of relationship and your choices .
I am really hoping for more additional content, will it be expansions or DLC with changes to the original game, because right now it all seems really incomplete.

So I've been here for quite some time and just realised that I haven't voiced my opinion yet. Very interesting discussions in this thread so far. Just hope it stays that way :)

Though I've read the books, games gave me an opportunity to change Geralt, to let him start anew. His relationship with Triss was a great way to show this, slowly developing through all games. Besides that, Triss herself slowly became a very complex character, which was very nice. It was very promising until I finished the third game.
Sometimes I think that a Witcher game just can't hold more than one strong romance at a time. One choice is always weaker than the other one. There are Shani , Ves, and it looks like Triss joins them now.
In this game their relationship with Geralt feels separated from the rest of the main world. I mean, in Novigrad every second character acknowledges their feelings, while after that I only hear phrases about the first and second game, mostly jokes about sex. Nobody mentioned a word about Novigrad events and their current relationship.
And then there is Yennefer. Not going to start anything, she was written very well, and there were some interesting scenes, but the main problem is, the game forces you to be that Geralt, from the past. What about my Geralt, who has significantly changed compared to himself in the books? Not to mention the importance of that love confession in Novigrad. Oh, whatever.
As soon as Yennefer comes in sight, Geralt turns into some sort of flirting machine. Every time I wanted him to say something and stop this, he did exactly the opposite thing. Well at least there is a jinni quest, thanks for that. And again, every interaction with Yennefer pretty much like moments from the books, but this game just doesn't seem to care about our previous acts from earlier games. Half of the game is for the newcomers, and the other half is trying to follow the book steps.
Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I wish that they should've implemented something like Iorveth/Roche choice. After Novigrad Triss becomes very silent character("Well? Well? Well?"). Even that scene with her after Kaer Morhen feels like some kind of a rushed explanation to the ending slide( Your choices durning conversations don't really affect that slide at all, but it's already me grumbling). No reactions, references ,quests, etc. All that really makes you feel....restricted in terms of relationship and your choices .
I am really hoping for more additional content, will it be expansions or DLC with changes to the original game, because right now it all seems really incomplete.

I agree with you 100% especially on the pandering to book fans and newcomers part
But I doubt that there will be a DLC that will "fix" the Triss romance, I don't think CDPR even thinks that they made some sort of mistake with her

Honestly as great as the game is I have zero motivation to go through the story again after seeing how half assed and terribly
done the Triss romance is, especially Geralt's flirting with Yen made the Skellige part almost unplayable for me

I would rather stick to exploring the world and doing side quests

I'm not a fan of the Geralt auto-Yen flirtation including the sniffing. Think in my 2nd playthrough i'll get up to last wish done much earlier and then return to Triss Novigrad path. The flirtation seems to stop after skellige(i can say its the Djinn's wish overriding Geralt's new priorities) and thereafter i can establish a frostier relationship by negotiating the dialogues with less friendly responses. Hardly perfect but think it'll be less jarring, even if Kaer Morhen segment will still be a mess. Like most of us i badly want additional content. I don't think Triss suffers as badly as Ves in TW2 but she's definitely placed down the pecking order versus Yen sadly.

when i first played the witcher 2 (because i didnt play the first, i know shame on me) i didnt know the romance between chars would affect me so much but to be honest in the end i always related all my decision for the good of whoever geralt loved, triss.
ive never felt such strong emotions in any other game ever, sadly this is the last part of the trilogy of geralt, i wished it could go on; even if they will add new dialogues on triss/yen and make chars re appear after ending it would just be so sad that it couldnt go on, i feel that something is missing, i dont really know if the witcher serie without geralt could actually prove as "emotional" and heartbreaking as it would be with him

(a bit off topic my apologies)

Before the game came out people were worried about a Yen and Triss catfight over Geralt being present and it undermining them as strong capable sorceresses.
It seems they ran to the opposite extreme by completely distancing themselves from the issue apart from when Geralt sleeps with them both.
I was really hoping for Geralt and them to have a mature if frosty conversation on the choice. Could have happened where the threesome revenge sequence happened.

Probably not going to get anything official to resolve this. Wonder if there's any way modders could create something clever using the existing material. Had a notion that threesome dialogue could be hacked up to provide something passable.
"We need to tell you something'"
"Don't be nervous"
"Yen and I talked."
"We wasted much too much time fighting."
"Meanwhile we'll probably soon face the wild hunt, eredin himself."
"We must enjoy what we have."

Also there are perfect opportunities to have some touching scenes before major events like Battle at KM and the final battle, when you dont even know if everyone is going to survive through these, but there is nothing again, you cant even talk to Triss before/after those pivotal events.

This. Exactly this. Like why couldn't we have a word with her before the battle? Or after? Not immediately after the battle or anything because they had to plan their next move but like next time you see her. Which you can't do either - you're whisked off on another quest. And your conflict isn't misunderstood - I do take some solace in the fact that my Geralt ends up with Triss. However, this is her last game and the interaction is so limited. She just isn't there. Not saying she needs exactly the same number of minutes of screen time as Yen but her utter absence is striking. And like I've said before, the rest of the world doesn't seem to care - the game just assumes or pushes you towards Yen and once again it's just not fair.

Thankfully late in the game whilst in the brothel i was able to give her the figurines and also give her her earring back, which had a nice bit of geralt flirting even her comments made the whole thing seem best fitting prior to the love declaration.

This is also something I strongly feel - even the parts they have that aren't particularly lovey-dovey are still sweet and further develop the romance. Just, why are there so few of them? So few opportunities? With so many other parts of the game polished to near perfection how could they have been satisfied with letting the romances fall by the wayside? Especially Triss's? :(

I'm hoping expansions take place post game really. More zones in the middle aren't really needed and might throw off the narrative pacing. It could also provide opportunity for Triss content(which i really want to see). Maybe Yen could be there too and we could see some interactivity of the choices on their own relationship as well as getting some missions involving the various partners.

I think this is part of what I have been trying to say for the last day or so. This game took almost every possible element and seized the opportunity to create something truly special. It just seems strange to me that they would sit there and let the opportunity to fix Triss slide through their fingers. I will remember how many good things they did but I will also remember this; this feeling of emptiness after having completed it - of missed opportunities on the romance side. It seems like it might be a fairly small matter but it just isn't. The choice of one's significant other is a big decision (in real life) and this is a story about shaping Geralt's life. I wish it were given some consequence. Because no matter your choice (Yen/Triss) the game still basically treats you like you're with Yen. Not a fan of some of those built-in Yen moments.

Also, I don't really care when the expansions take place (they had better involve Triss though so I guess after Novigrad). I am sure they can pull it off and make it believable. That is another complaint I have, the writing is compelling and works to covey the tone/message of the particular scene. Most of the time... When it comes to Triss, I guess they figured it was okay to put her on the back burner. She got relegated to the support/secondary role and that just sucks as we spent 2 games building a relationship with her. It would have been more okay to do this with a new romance or something but not with Triss - not with all of the history they have. Regardless of the circumstances of the relationship and what was happening with Yennefer during, it was real, it went through hell and back, it was real love and this is what we are left with. Even when Geralt got his memories back and remembered that he loved Yen, he didn't just forget about Triss - she was still a huge part of his life. I couldn't even begin to describe how happy I was to walk in the Kaedwani dungeon and see Triss there finally, more or less okay. :wub:

Also, please no more pictures! My heart can't take it. Ahh, just kidding, keep em coming. I could never have enough Triss. :p

Last edited:
When it comes to Triss, I guess they figured it was okay to put her on the back burner. She got relegated to the support/secondary role and that just sucks as we spent 2 games building a relationship with her. Regardless of the circumstances of the relationship and what was happening with Yennefer during, it was real, it went through hell and back, it was real love and this is what we are left with. Even when Geralt got his memories back and remembered that he loved Yen, he didn't just forget about Triss - she was still a huge part of his life. I couldn't even begin to describe how happy I was to walk in the Kaedwani dungeon and see Triss there finally, more or less okay. :wub:
:p

Frustrates me that the spotlight is so strong on Triss during Novigrad and then as i'm basking in the warm afterglow of the lighthouse there's such a long slog till there's any acknoweldgement of the relationship. Almost she only gets her time in the sun because Yen is off in Skellige. Really wish 'Now or Never didn't have possible permetation of her leaving. She's a core character who's suddenly optional and hence she now stands on the boat saying 'well'. If she hadn't been optional could we have got her in the Elven ruin(instead of Philippa) and her and Geralt discussing their relationship and discussing Ciri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom