Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Yen do that in front of her on purpose? (Kissing Geralt)

I don't think so. To me it seems to be more of an emotional reaction after seeing Ciri alive and healthy for the first time. Yen still loves Geralt - at least that's what she tells him after the Djinni broke the magical bond between her and Geralt.

It's kinda sad that you can't talk with Triss about that scene afterwards. CDPR really had a great opportunity here to give her some more meaningful dialogue, but I think we can all agree that this applies to Kaer Morhen as a whole.

Last edited:
Realy great thread guys. Was searching for people that think similar about all this ''Triss situation''. Just finished my first playthrough and I feel like sh*t. Realy disappointed and all. This is almost like a group therapy :D

Not that i'm likely to ever do it but if Triss leaves for Kovir, does the Philippa quest happen later with Dijsktra just without Triss' prompting? The guide i've got doesn't seem to acknowledge that variant.

I don't think removing Philippa is good idea, because quests with not main characters have a place to be. Better add 1-2 more quests like this with Triss

Well my response to this quote was what you suggested. Something just for Triss would have been ideal. But barring that I would prefer Triss over Phillipa. Also, if Triss was to come to Kaer Morhen anyways I don't see why she couldn't have assisted Yen in trying to life the curse from Uma - she's a sorceress and a mighty fine one at that (yes the double entendre is implied).

Does Yen do that in front of her on purpose? (Kissing Geralt)

Well, like scud said, I don't think she did it out of pettiness or spite - more a spur of the moment thing. Even those actions, you should be able to catch yourself beforehand and that little voice inside your head should say "Hey, better not smooch another woman's man"

I am at my second playthrough now and i went to Skellige to send Yen packing before i go back to Novigrad and do the Triss quest. Will feel better in the long run i think. And after that i am just gonna wait for the expansions to see if they can make the romance abit more fleshed out.

That is what I plan on doing when I go back to it. Should make it feel a bit more natural - I can say "I love you" without worrying about the Djinn spell. Should also space her out a bit so I won't miss her quite as much. It's still kind of like being in denial though. :X I just sincerely hope they don't finish Triss forever with what she's got now.

Well my response to this quote was what you suggested. Something just for Triss would have been ideal. But barring that I would prefer Triss over Phillipa. Also, if Triss was to come to Kaer Morhen anyways I don't see why she couldn't have assisted Yen in trying to life the curse from Uma - she's a sorceress and a mighty fine one at that (yes the double entendre is implied).

Well, like scud said, I don't think she did it out of pettiness or spite - more a spur of the moment thing. Even those actions, you should be able to catch yourself beforehand and that little voice inside your head should say "Hey, better not smooch another woman's man"

That is what I plan on doing when I go back to it. Should make it feel a bit more natural - I can say "I love you" without worrying about the Djinn spell. Should also space her out a bit so I won't miss her quite as much. It's still kind of like being in denial though. :X I just sincerely hope they don't finish Triss forever with what she's got now.

There seemed to be lots of attempted justifications for Triss absence from plot. With Uma Yen would be enraged if Triss was consulted first, hence why Triss wasn't asked or consulted. With Dandelion he sought out gangland thug and his mage contact over trying to locate Triss because Ciri's first attempt to contact Triss failed.

I can see how they can justify Yen kiss. What i don't see is why Geralt doesn't push her away or Triss have comment/full reaction to it in solely romanced variant.

Like you i'll try and work the content to a more satisfying and logical order and keep my fingers crossed whilst asking for additional content

It's kinda sad that you can't talk with Triss about that scene afterwards. CDPR really had a great opportunity here to give her some more meaningful dialogue, but I think we can all agree that this applies to Kaer Morhen as a whole

Yes, that would have been a great exchange for all of them. Right after you turn Yen down she could ask if it is because of Triss. You could tell Triss later that the bond between you and Yen is broken. She's happy about it because she knows you finally chose her but she feels a little bad for Yen. Would have been a great opportunity to develop the relationships a little bit more.

Realy great thread guys. Was searching for people that think similar about all this ''Triss situation''. Just finished my first playthrough and I feel like sh*t. Realy disappointed and all. This is almost like a group therapy

Welcome to Team Triss Yawoon. :) Feel free to join the discussion and voice any concerns you've had. Like I said, I could talk Triss all day but as there's nigh 600 posts on here, a lot of it has been said before. It helps to know just how many people share your concerns and slightly differing viewpoints. Also, make sure you vote at the top. :p

Not that i'm likely to ever do it but if Triss leaves for Kovir, does the Philippa quest happen later with Dijsktra just without Triss' prompting? The guide i've got doesn't seem to acknowledge that variant.

Nope. After you cure Uma and bring Ciri back to Kaer Morhen, Triss will be there regardless. If you told her to go there then you can sort of tell yourself that she's there because of you. If you let her leave to Kovir then she comes back at Yennefer's behest. Check the character entry for Triss in the glossary to confirm. That's another issue we seem to have. It doesn't matter what your choice is regarding her staying/going she disappears for 40 hours and then shows up later. That's why we say that it seems that this particular choice has no real consequences (except for your potential relationship but that's an entirely different can of worms).

---------- Updated at 09:23 PM ----------

With Uma Yen would be enraged if Triss was consulted first

But she's okay asking that Elven mage through the megascope? She's okay with accepting Triss's help during the siege? She's okay having Triss help them locate the other lodge members? I can't imagine why she would be enraged as you put it. Maybe uncomfortable but wouldn't that discomfort be vindicated if they bring Ciri back? If they were "dear friends" once then surely they could work together to help break this difficult curse.

I can see how they can justify Yen kiss. What i don't see is why Geralt doesn't push her away or Triss have comment/full reaction to it in solely romanced variant.

Yeah I can see why she did it - but why was that it? Why didn't anybody anywhere say anything?

Ciri: "Oh! So you guys are back together?"
or
Triss: "Hey, lips to yourself, missy"
or
Geralt: "Sorry Yen, I only kiss Triss now." or "Sorry about that kiss earlier, Triss, she just sort of surprised me. One time thing"

Personally though, I'd prefer it if she just hugged him - get that kiss out of there and only include it if you romanced Yennefer.

While I was in the Sunstone quest, the poet mentioned that I had to take a sorcerer with me because barriers. I thought to myself, finally. Then the quest log updates and this.

I just sighed.

While I was in the Sunstone quest, the poet mentioned that I had to take a sorcerer with me because barriers. I thought to myself, finally. Then the quest log updates and this.

I just sighed.

yen's older and stronger than triss thats mainly why but at that point it could've been any sorceress that u brought because almost everyone was skilled enough yeh guess thats it, its another yen related only quest, like if it wasnt enough she has a soundtrack which priscilla plays aswell in a part of the story, 2/3 games are spent with triss and his problems with amnesia and the 3rd game should've been about ciri and yen, yet yen is mid-end game only character you really DONT get to know her well, for who hasnt read the book, at first i thought that in the 3rd game i would've need to save yennefer because in the first 2 games she was so "important" and geralt had to remember her because she was his lover, yet in the 3rd game they dont seem quite surprised to meet eachother at all

Last edited:
Nope. After you cure Uma and bring Ciri back to Kaer Morhen, Triss will be there regardless. If you told her to go there then you can sort of tell yourself that she's there because of you. If you let her leave to Kovir then she comes back at Yennefer's behest. Check the character entry for Triss in the glossary to confirm. That's another issue we seem to have. It doesn't matter what your choice is regarding her staying/going she disappears for 40 hours and then shows up later. That's why we say that it seems that this particular choice has no real consequences (except for your potential relationship but that's an entirely different can of worms).

Ok that makes her plot completely bizarre other than setting up her future in Kovir. Really makes me want to see inside details of plotting of the game and how they came up with such a disjointed and ill fitting sequence relating to Triss.

Guide i've got states she's then absent from coven of sorceresses in Main quest: On thin ice if she left for Kovir. So does that mean she leaves right as fight breaks out.

Last edited:
Guide i've got states she's then absent from coven of sorceresses in Main quest: On thin ice if she left for Kovir. So does that mean she leaves right as fight breaks out.

In my mind it goes like the Coven was in disarray with the war and everything and the Witch Hunting. Triss was to go to Kovir and reestablish it (and lead them :) ). This would put her at odds with the other Sorceresses as they might no longer be in charge of everything magic. Just my interpretation though - anyone who knows for sure can feel free to correct me.

My post contains spoilers
, just warning you. Not gonna use the spoiler brackets.

While I was trying to romance Yen the whole time (did not end up with her though, sadly got the worst ending possible where Ciri dies and Geralt pretty much commits suicide) I definitely felt like the game was pushing me more towards Yen.

I guess that even if you romance Triss and tell Yen you don´t love her after the djin quest, there should be an impact, for example Triss should be the one you tell about Uma and then ask to lift the curse, not Yen. (correct me if this indeed happens if u romance Triss but my guess would be no).

Or Triss (or both Triss AND Yen) should be the ones exploring Avalach´s laboratory with you or if not you should have an option to go find the sunstone with her instead of Philippa for example.

I also wonder if you´ve romanced Triss, is she the one riding with you to save Ciri from Avalach at the end? Or is it still Yen who appears.

This is almost like a group therapy
Welcome to Team Triss Yawoon. Feel free to join the discussion and voice any concerns you've had.

We also have a Triss (fan) group set up. So if you ever feel like you might be going completely off-topic, need to vent or have something interesting to share, just create a thread/post in our group discussion(s) ;).

I also wonder if you´ve romanced Triss, is she the one riding with you to save Ciri from Avalach at the end? Or is it still Yen who appears.
It's all still Yen. Triss basically doesn't do anything after Novigrad - besides the Phillipa rescue(or doesn't she do that in Yen's route either?).

Last edited:
But she's okay asking that Elven mage through the megascope? She's okay with accepting Triss's help during the siege? She's okay having Triss help them locate the other lodge members? I can't imagine why she would be enraged as you put it. Maybe uncomfortable but wouldn't that discomfort be vindicated if they bring Ciri back? If they were "dear friends" once then surely they could work together to help break this difficult curse.

It's Devs rationalising via Geralt why they absented Triss from the scene. Just like they have Ciri rationalise why She/dandelion go to whoreson, despite the fact you'd assume dandelion/Zoltan have been living in same city for months as Triss and would be in the loop/cohoots you'd think.

triss is left behind from all the lodge's decision even if shes part of it, maybe it was better if she'd end up in kovir

It's all still Yen. Triss basically doesn't do anything after Novigrad - besides the Phillipa rescue(or doesn't she do that in Yen's route either?).

Thats a disappointment really : / Especially when it doesnt seem like too much work to include this variation.
The body animations could have been the same. Only facial animations might need to be edited and the voice actress needs to record a few extra sentences.

It would totally be worth it.

Triss helped me save Philippa from the bath house even when I romanced Yen if thats what you´re asking.

I wanted to choose Triss on my second run but so far, I don´t really see the point if Yen is forced on us during all the major events.

My post contains spoilers
, just warning you. Not gonna use the spoiler brackets.

I guess that even if you romance Triss and tell Yen you don´t love her after the djin quest, there should be an impact, for example Triss should be the one you tell about Uma and then ask to lift the curse, not Yen. (correct me if this indeed happens if u romance Triss but my guess would be no).

Or Triss (or both Triss AND Yen) should be the ones exploring Avalach´s laboratory with you or if not you should have an option to go find the sunstone with her instead of Philippa for example.

Anyone one of these reactivities would have been nice. If i had to choose it would be Philippa sunstone one as i suppose Yen has a mummy purpose with the Ciri plot. I'd have liked possibility of both Yen and Triss rising with Geralt to save Ciri at end though. Wonder could that be modded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom