Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i personally would hate to watch triss and hear yen's voice, cheer up anyways they will surely read and see the poll in the 2nd expansion im pretty sure some chars will come back because 20-hours expansion alone is kinda.. bs.. and it'd be boring, lets be honest :smiling:

we should all learn polish and start speaking in polish, i bet cdpr will listen more willingly!
just kidding :D

Last edited:
Triss should be the one you tell about Uma and then ask to lift the curse, not Yen.

I'm actually okay with Yen being the one performing the ritual/spell/whatever, but why couldn't Triss have been there at least in a conciliatory role? A supporting role, even? Like after the curse and Yen had to stabilize his body with magic but was falling asleep, Triss could've easily stepped in and given Yen a short break. She's just gone even though she told you she'd be waiting at Kaer Morhen. :(

Or Triss (or both Triss AND Yen) should be the ones exploring Avalach´s laboratory with you

I'm actually okay with Yennefer being the one included in this. It's like the whole family is there for one another. If Triss was there she might've felt a little out of place. Just my take on it. I don't really want Triss shoehorned into the main plot so much - just more side content to make the romance feel more fleshed out/rewarding.

I also wonder if you´ve romanced Triss, is she the one riding with you to save Ciri from Avalach at the end? Or is it still Yen who appears.

Still Yen for this one. Which like I said, I'm okay with it. Just wish Triss would've gotten more of her own material for us Triss-faithfuls.

triss is left behind from all the lodge's decision even if shes part of it, maybe it was better if she'd end up in kovir

Ah yes, I remember someone saying something like this. They just don't like her or don't trust her. She gets left out of major decisions that could have an impact on her life. I understand the desire to get away because on the continent she doesn't have much. The other mages don't like her, she's being hunted by the Witch Hunters, she lost her man (only temporary for me though :p ). Besides, I hear Kovir is lovely this time of year. :p

Maybe but it will lack the voice acting : (

It's more of an action scene so her being silent might be less of an issue. Could re-use the 'Good luck' line at the end too.
Obviously i'm spitballing without any knowledge of how modding works in TW3, in desperation for things to stitch Triss content together marginally better.

I wanted to choose Triss on my second run but so far, I don´t really see the point if Yen is forced on us during all the major events.

Because Triss rules, Yen drools. Also, I don't know if I could bring myself to turn Triss down on the pier.

---------- Updated at 09:59 PM ----------

It's more of an action scene so her being silent might be less of an issue. Could re-use the 'Good luck' line at the end too.
Obviously i'm spitballing without any knowledge of how modding works in TW3, in desperation for things to stitch Triss content together marginally better.

I think this would just feel cheap and wouldn't do the larger situation at hand any justice. Just seeing Triss there instead of Yen? I want dialogue, exchange, emotions, development. That is why I think it falls to the REDs to deliver. Nobody else could pull it off in a way that she deserves.

I think that for the 20 hour expansion in that new region, you should be able to choose who will be your companion, Triss or Yen!

And this also sounds like the only way to see any more content for both ladies in the near future. I doubt there will be any new quests with Triss in the 16 free DLCs.

Thats a disappointment really : / Especially when it doesnt seem like too much work to include this variation.
The body animations could have been the same. Only facial animations might need to be edited and the voice actress needs to record a few extra sentences.

It would totally be worth it.

Triss helped me save Philippa from the bath house even when I romanced Yen if thats what you´re asking.

I wanted to choose Triss on my second run but so far, I don´t really see the point if Yen is forced on us during all the major events.

I'm obviously biased as Yen rubs me up the wrong way and i adore the Triss/Geralt dynamic. I really liked broken up with Yen and thereafter frictional ex realtionship who still have a daughter that they both love dynamic. So i'd certainly recommend doing it for that reason as well as the Triss path having some very good content, just frustratingly limited amount of it.

Mods are great and all, but I'm not sure whether I'd like any Triss-related mods. Of course it would be great to see her more often, though I don't really like the idea of replacing existing characters in certain scenes or using the same (old) voice assets again. It just feels .. I don't know .. somewhat artificial? It's certainly not what the writers had in mind for her. Beside that, CDPR already stated that they are focussing on DLCs and expansions for now, so modders won't get their hands on the RedKit anytime soon.

Last edited:
I think this would just feel cheap and wouldn't do the larger situation at hand any justice. Just seeing Triss there instead of Yen? I want dialogue, exchange, emotions, development. That is why I think it falls to the REDs to deliver. Nobody else could pull it off in a way that she deserves.

Guess i feel Triss riding alongside Geralt and Yen would give me a nice warm feeling even with say 2 words of dialogue.
Though I won't deny that for significant improvement we will need to pray that the REDS see the demand and respond to it in the expansions.

Guess i feel Triss riding alongside Geralt and Yen would give me a nice warm feeling even with say 2 words of dialogue.
Though I won't deny that for significant improvement we will need to pray that the REDS see the demand and respond to it in the expansions.

There's the expansion ideas.. But I don't think that would fill the Empty hole. I really think that they need a main story content patch for triss because she lacks so much within the story. I just believe an expansion wouldn't be able to have the same impact as having actual interactions and more moments that tie into the story and are acknowledged by other characters.

Yeah, it might help a little bit but it won't be what this awesome character deserves. She deserves to be fully integrated into the world (not necessarily into the main quest line). She needs a more fully developed romance. She needs a quest or two to cement the relationship after the initial love scene. We should be able to actually talk to her about things happening in the world. The Hunt, the future, the past, the present. We just need more Triss. Doesn't have to be a ton, a reworking of the game, but little things that I think could be implemented with not too much trouble.

While I was in the Sunstone quest, the poet mentioned that I had to take a sorcerer with me because barriers. I thought to myself, finally. Then the quest log updates and this.

I just sighed.

I had the same reaction. So sick of Yennefer by the end of the game.

There's the expansion ideas.. But I don't think that would fill the Empty hole. I really think that they need a main story content patch for triss because she lacks so much within the story. I just believe an expansion wouldn't be able to have the same impact as having actual interactions and more moments that tie into the story and are acknowledged by other characters.

I'd love a Triss patch, i'm just rather sceptical such a thing will happen. Next best is additional content in a during or post game expansion which has a slightly better chance with Mods utter last limited resort.

Yeah, it might help a little bit but it won't be what this awesome character deserves. She deserves to be fully integrated into the world (not necessarily into the main quest line). She needs a more fully developed romance. She needs a quest or two to cement the relationship after the initial love scene. We should be able to actually talk to her about things happening in the world. The Hunt, the future, the past, the present. We just need more Triss. Doesn't have to be a ton, a reworking of the game, but little things that I think could be implemented with not too much trouble.

I agree with this so much so!

It would of been nice if you had of chosen triss, she would of recieved more parts in the story.. Maybe taken yens place in some spots or the crucial points where yen was needed to be there triss could of at least been there and been a supporting character.

The acknowledgement by other characters is huge missed opportunity for sure. Like I said though, within this large story there's many smaller stories that make up the larger tale being told. The Ciri story is the main one on which the others a draped but each is its own piece of the puzzle. The Triss story is one that just needs more development. We just need more interaction with her and for her to have more with the other characters. Just take Triss's story as it is and add more to it.

Yes I am doubtful of a content patch but one can only hope. Haha

Yes the acknowledgement side is lacking very badly and drives me mad to no end.

Exactly what you have said. Her story just seems as though it was cut short for some reason. It had so much potential if done correctly (CDPR could of easily pulled it off). She is by far my favourite now that she has a new attitude, knows what she wants and is not the damsel in distress.

triss could of at least been there and been a supporting character.

I agree with this totally. She is a sorceress just like Yen and with all of the magic goings-ons happening at the end of the game she could have certainly been there in a supporting role. I am okay with Yen being the focus of the main quest - if you picked her your relationship grows over the course of the main game. If you pick Triss though it stagnates after the lighthouse. I think a separate small story arc would resolve this best. A couple of small quests to help Triss out of a spot of trouble she got herself into while in Novigrad. Maybe the new Witch Hunter General is worse than Menge and after her. 2 side quests to put an end to the threat and then another one to go find her a new rose in some Elven ruins somewhere. And then another smaller one where they have a dinner or picnic and you have to set everything up. This could culminate in another sex scene. Again, not entirely necessary but it's nice to look at. Just wish there was more to the relationship - some sort of a payoff. That's why I think if they did a Citadel Mass Effect-style they could appease the fans. Like if you didn't romance Triss you only get the quests to help clear her of the threat. If you did romance her you get the extra stuff. Same for Yen, but since she is in the main quest, there's no new threat per se, but there's another quest or two about the romance specifically.

Please don't say that :( It hurts me to even think about it.

So... no chances for success.. what are we waiting for? Lets make a Witcher 4 petition !

I would give 1 year of my salary for this. Im still playing the story and I could already cry.. with that situation. The last time seeing Geralt and Triss and Ciri and all the others .. that just cant be true :( Use another 5 years if u want but pls dont let this end :X

Her story just seems as though it was cut short for some reason. It had so much potential if done correctly (CDPR could of easily pulled it off).

I mean look at what is in the game and how well it's done. The scene at the party when she's tipsy and you kiss her under the fireworks. :wub: The scene at the lighthouse where she leaves and then comes back - I honestly don't have words for how relieved I was. :wub: The scene at the fountain where she kisses him and goes up on her tippy toes? So adorable. :wub: If they took that same attention to detail and just added more, just expanded on it. As well as a few other tweaks such as not having her completely disappear from the world. I believe we would all be much more satisfied with this.

I agree with this totally. She is a sorceress just like Yen and with all of the magic goings-ons happening at the end of the game she could have certainly been there in a supporting role. I am okay with Yen being the focus of the main quest - if you picked her your relationship grows over the course of the main game. If you pick Triss though it stagnates after the lighthouse. I think a separate small story arc would resolve this best. A couple of small quests to help Triss out of a spot of trouble she got herself into while in Novigrad. Maybe the new Witch Hunter General is worse than Menge and after her. 2 side quests to put an end to the threat and then another one to go find her a new rose in some Elven ruins somewhere. And then another smaller one where they have a dinner or picnic and you have to set everything up. This could culminate in another sex scene. Again, not entirely necessary but it's nice to look at. Just wish there was more to the relationship - some sort of a payoff. That's why I think if they did a Citadel Mass Effect-style they could appease the fans. Like if you didn't romance Triss you only get the quests to help clear her of the threat. If you did romance her you get the extra stuff. Same for Yen, but since she is in the main quest, there's no new threat per se, but there's another quest or two about the romance specifically.

See that would also make up for her lacking story. They wouldn't have to alter the main story EXCEPT if you choose her as a romance option there would have to be acknowledgement and no more Yennifer being push onto us or is she is triss would have to intervene or actually care enough to say something. (Yen kissing geralt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom