• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep me too they just kept shoving her in your face
From Skellige on it was basically: Yen.Yen. Romance Yen, Triss who?

There was a dark period for me between Skellige and up to her return in the Kaer Morhen fight where i cursing Yen as a hag for all that shoving in the face and Triss's bizarre absence. Some of the nice titbits thereafter got me through with a more positive mindset. Beforehand i was planning on doing a Yen run 3rd time round but really can't face it given current feeling on the unbalanced treatment.

We just need more interaction with her and for her to have more with the other characters. Just take Triss's story as it is and add more to it.

I agree. Personally I think Act 1 is fine as it is now whereas both Act 2 and Act 3 could definitely use some improvements regarding additional dialogue and interaction. The amount of work needed to add even little details should not be underestimated, though. The voice acting and localization alone requires a lot of time and money - and I'm not sure whether CDPR is willing to spend so many ressources just to flesh out one character a bit more.

Fingers crossed. :)

@xE1NSTE1Nx2049 I agree 100%. The scenes that are in the game are all amazingly done, it is such a shame that there is no more. Even some other non romance scenes in Novigrad are very well done, like Dikstra implying that they are in love, with the way Triss looks at Geralt, you can clearly see that there is love between them. I think CDPR did a great job in showing chemistry that exists in their relationship.

Last edited:
I mean look at what is in the game and how well it's done. The scene at the party when she's tipsy and you kiss her under the fireworks. :wub: The scene at the lighthouse where she leaves and then comes back - I honestly don't have words for how relieved I was. :wub: The scene at the fountain where she kisses him and goes up on her tippy toes? So adorable. :wub: If they took that same attention to detail and just added more, just expanded on it. As well as a few other tweaks such as not having her completely disappear from the world. I believe we would all be much more satisfied with this.

I agree with you 110%! All the parts and scenes she was in were absolutely beautiful but its as though they thought that was enough or what I don't know?

---------- Updated at 11:07 PM ----------

@xE1NSTE1Nx2049 I agree 100%. The scenes that are in the game are all amazingly done, it is such a shame that there is no more. Even some other non romance scenes in Novigrad are very well done, like Dikstra implying that they are in love, with the way Triss looks at Geralt, you can clearly see that there is love between them.

From memory isn't Dikstra the only one who actually really acknowledges they have something between them. (oh and the mice trouble guy)

See that would also make up for her lacking story. They wouldn't have to alter the main story EXCEPT if you choose her as a romance option there would have to be acknowledgement and no more Yennifer being push onto us or is she is triss would have to intervene or actually care enough to say something. (Yen kissing geralt)

Well yeah change the parts where Yen is pushed on us. Change it so after the Djinn quest, there's less flirting and stuff. Leave Yen in the main quest as she is, add a bit more Triss, add some secondary Triss quests, and change it so people aren't always talking about Yen with Geralt.

The amount of work needed to add even little details should not be underestimated, though.

I'm not discounting the amount of work but I think it would pay off in a big way. The devs want to tell a story and the story is about the end of the journey of Geralt of Rivea. The romance is significant part of that story. They could tell the story a bit better by including some of the suggestions throughout this thread. It's not solely an issue of money - they care about the fans and I think if we voice our displeasure loudly enough (while still maintaining a civil tone), I think we actually stand a small chance of getting our wish. I can't just do nothing and hope - seems futile.

I mean look at what is in the game and how well it's done. The scene at the party when she's tipsy and you kiss her under the fireworks. :wub: The scene at the lighthouse where she leaves and then comes back - I honestly don't have words for how relieved I was. :wub: The scene at the fountain where she kisses him and goes up on her tippy toes? So adorable. :wub: If they took that same attention to detail and just added more, just expanded on it. As well as a few other tweaks such as not having her completely disappear from the world. I believe we would all be much more satisfied with this.

Gotta say i was pretty petrified Geralt's Triss was leaving on a boat, never to be seen again.
As much as i wish there was more flirtatious options in Novigrad i can't really complain as we got party, that sequence as well as the repeated acknowledgement of the relationship via the wonderful Dijkstra. After that is it just Philippa who acknowledge the Triss relationship if you don't count Yen screeching about them at Kaer Morhen.

From memory isn't Dikstra the only one who actually really acknowledges they have something between them. (oh and the mice trouble guy)

Yeah, pretty much (Phillipa also a bit at the end). Kinda why I like Dijkstra and why I sided with him over Roche. I admit I was a little biased but as a Witcher, I couldn't really care less about the fate of the North. Besides, he brought up some good points while he was trying to convince me to join his cause.

---------- Updated at 11:16 PM ----------

Gotta say i was pretty petrified Geralt's Triss was leaving on a boat, never to be seen again.
As much as i wish there was more flirtatious options in Novigrad i can't really complain as we got party, that sequence as well as the repeated acknowledgement of the relationship via the wonderful Dijkstra. After that is it just Philippa who acknowledge the Triss relationship if you don't count Yen screeching about them at Kaer Morhen.

I can complain, hell, I have been complaining. Because just as it was getting good, getting to where you thought you might see something more between them with the same level of care as the rest of the game, they snatch it away from you. Just leaves you feeling empty at the end - like there was the possibility of so much more.

Besides Dikstra there is also a short mention from Philipa, also Emyr mentions Triss, but that depends on the ending you get. Either way, most characters presume that Geralt is with Yen and completely ignore his relationship with Triss. That really, really annoys me.

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty much (Phillipa also a bit at the end). Kinda why I like Dijkstra and why I sided with him over Roche. I admit I was a little biased but as a Witcher, I couldn't really care less about the fate of the North. Besides, he brought up some good points while he was trying to convince me to join his cause.

I like Roche and Ves but thinking i've gotta kill them as i quite like Dijkstra(probably partly due to his Triss acknowedgement) and my initial Ciri ending made me very sad. The North shall rise again, just gotta hope that vile Radovid didn't let the witchunters burn his wife Adda(ex striga)

---------- Updated at 11:22 PM ----------

I can complain, hell, I have been complaining. Because just as it was getting good, getting to where you thought you might see something more between them with the same level of care as the rest of the game, they snatch it away from you. Just leaves you feeling empty at the end - like there was the possibility of so much more.

Sorry i meant complaining about breakup and lack of lots of flirtatious options in Novigrad. I'm very much complaining about what went down post Novigrad.

I also like Dijkstra for his banter with Geralt. He can actually take a (verbal) punch and also deal them out. I really liked the scenes with Dijkstra overall. But yea, everyone presumes you're with Yen. I for one don't really mind that - it actually makes sense when you look at the history. I just find it frustrating you can't set ANY of them straight. Geralt not caring for most other people is okay, but you can't set ANYONE straight, not one person. Just made me sad :(.

I also like Dijkstra for his banter with Geralt. He can actually take a (verbal) punch and also deal them out. I really liked the scenes with Dijkstra overall. But yea, everyone presumes you're with Yen. I for one don't really mind that - it actually makes sense when you look at the history. I just find it frustrating you can't set ANY of them straight. Geralt not caring for most other people is okay, but you can't set ANYONE straight, not one person. Just made me sad :(.

He sets Philippa straight, that's how it comes across to me anyhow. I'm very surprised they didn't use Dandelion to allow the player to acknowledge the relationships as well as having some acknowedgement between the 2 women at some point. When we went back to his cabaret in act 2 i ran up to him expecting some dialogue regarding the situation but nadda.

I just find it frustrating you can't set ANY of them straight.
This, it would be nice if they gave us a chance to correct people implying Geralt is with Yen. There is a scene where Cerys talks to Geralt about the way Yen treats him and how he always goes back to her, and that was after the Now or Never quest, it would be nice to have the option of saying: Hey, that's all nice, but I'm with Triss now.

Sorry i meant complaining about breakup and lack of lots of flirtatious options in Novigrad. I'm very much complaining about what went down post Novigrad.

I can still complain about the Novigrad elements but not for the right reasons. They were too well done. :p Just made it sting that much more when she disappeared. That's not really a fair complaint though.

I also like Dijkstra for his banter with Geralt. He can actually take a (verbal) punch and also deal them out. I really liked the scenes with Dijkstra overall. But yea, everyone presumes you're with Yen. I for one don't really mind that - it actually makes sense when you look at the history. I just find it frustrating you can't set ANY of them straight. Geralt not caring for most other people is okay, but you can't set ANYONE straight, not one person. Just made me sad .

I know. The segments with Dijkstra were some of my favorite parts of the game. He was really quite cool. And yeah! He doesn't just assume you are with Yen. In fact he does the opposite, he assumes you are with Triss. Which works for me. ;) But yeah, why won't Geralt set anyone straight about Yen. Just a couple of extra lines that play out if you romanced Triss and also turned down Yen. Like when drinking with the other Witchers and they're giving him shit about Yen, he could say "That's over. Things are going to be a bit different around here. You'll be seeing a lot more of Triss from now on."

This remind of Mass Effect 3 where Miranda (my romance in the ME series) was shafted even though she was the lead girl in ME2
The romance was very lackluster (maybe even more so than Triss)

But thankfully Bioware made the Citadel DLC which made the romance a lot better (got a lot more content with her)
I really hope CDPR does something similiar although they would probably get bashed for releasing pure fanservice DLC's etc.

This, it would be nice if they gave us a chance to correct people implying Geralt is with Yen. There is a scene where Cerys talks to Geralt about the way Yen treats him and how he always goes back to her, and that was after the Now or Never quest, it would be nice to have the option of saying: Hey, that's all nice, but I'm with Triss now.

Despite the open nature i think for some reason they expected people to do Skellige before Triss quests despite the lower level requirements and fact we're likely closest to Novigrad from Velen. Like you its annoying, with Dijsktra you could correct him or not. I don't see why they didn't do the same with the likes of Cerys.

---------- Updated at 11:38 PM ----------

I know. The segments with Dijkstra were some of my favorite parts of the game. He was really quite cool. And yeah! He doesn't just assume you are with Yen. In fact he does the opposite, he assumes you are with Triss. Which works for me. ;) But yeah, why won't Geralt set anyone straight about Yen. Just a couple of extra lines that play out if you romanced Triss and also turned down Yen. Like when drinking with the other Witchers and they're giving him shit about Yen, he could say "That's over. Things are going to be a bit different around here. You'll be seeing a lot more of Triss from now on."

That would have been lovely. I got numbed after a while, grateful for opportunities to fend off expressing interest in Yen following the horrible forced flirting and sniffing in Skellige.

Despite the open nature i think for some reason they expected people to do Skellige before Triss quests despite the lower level requirements and fact we're likely closest to Novigrad from Velen. Like you its annoying, with Dijsktra you could correct him or not. I don't see why they didn't do the same with the likes of Cerys.
If I were to speculate, I'd say they had different teams working on different areas - team 1 on Novigrad and team 2 on Skellige - and there was too little oversight to keep events consistent in this regard.

But thankfully Bioware made the Citadel DLC which made the romance a lot better (got a lot more content with her)
I really hope CDPR does something similiar although they would probably get bashed for releasing pure fanservice DLC's etc.

I really liked the Citadel DLC, it was goofy and fun and poked fun at some of the inside jokes of the series. I think fan service isn't such an evil thing - we the fans are important. If you think about it, the entire game, and most other games released are fan service; there for the fans. That's neither here nor there though - I think after the two expansions are released to tell the stories they want to tell, a fan service DLC would most welcome. :)

---------- Updated at 11:48 PM ----------

For me it's literally impossible to pick Yen instead of Triss. It doesn't feel right.
I'd pay for a Triss expansion.

Welcome to the club. These are my thoughts exactly. I thought on my second play through I would pick Yen but I just can't imagine sending Triss away on the boat. I would like to see any potential differences but I imagine someone will compile all of the romance scenes like someone did earlier in this thread for Triss. By the way, 23 minutes is just far too short for a game that's over 100 hours. Like that's less than a half of a percent of the game. ;(

Just an addition to my comment earlier. See I when I started playing the Witcher I had an open mind in regards to Yennefer, it was mostly curiosity as to how she would turn out to be. Even was a little disappointed when their meeting was so short, I wanted for them to have a nice reunion. Anyway, I liked her and was intrigued about how her arc would play out.

Then I had my adventures in Velen, which I enjoyed a lot, and as I was finishing I was getting kind of anxious about how the meeting with Triss would turn out to be. As I was playing the game I had remembered the events in W2, so more than the one with Yennefer, in my mind the real reunion was coming. Hell, in the let's-talk-about-the-past part I had even decided not to lift a curse on a dragon in case that somehow messed up my chances with Triss.

Gotta say I felt pity for Triss at the beginning, both for Geralt leaving her (it just says that "she parted with somebody very dear to her" so I assumed that's what happened) and because of the whole situation with the mages. As the story progressed though, and they reconnected, idk, it was just so well done. Special kudos to whoever designed those scenes, they were superb. Incidentally I recalled one of the trailers, in which a woman was speaking and said something about love and I'm pretty sure they played the scene where Geralt is lifting Triss up. Even the smallest details were good, like Triss' banter about how nice it is to have somebody who she can rely on while they are clearing the sewers. I could go on and on about this, but to cut it short I went with the three words and after a couple of quests I left for Skellige.

Time to see Yen. I wondered if Geralt would mention any of the events that had happened in Novigrad or if he would just play dumb. Turned out the later was the case with his automatic flirting and I said to myself, whatever, it's just a game and they haven't seen each other in forever so let's see how this goes. Plus even if he was gonna end up with Triss, I felt they deserved their reunion/goodbye of sorts.

I have to say her arc was beautiful, especially her last wish quest. I even said yes to confirm my feelings because, I was, at that point, convinced that Geralt truly loved both women. Yes, it was wrong but both of them had really managed to reach my heart. "I'll deal with the consequences later" I thought. Next day I had to work so I surfed the forums and was spoiled as to what those consequences would be. If a choice had to be made, then it had to be Triss. I decided to explore Yen's arc fully in my next play through since I had left like half the sidequests undone anyway.

Upon returning home, I reloaded the game and felt like sh.t for breaking Yen's heart. Her sadness was so touching. It reminded me of a similar situation in which I had to break up with a gf in rl because I had fallen for another (and like in the game, against any fantasies I might have held, they would have definitively not shared). Upon returning to KM, however, I found out that unlike RL, instead of moving on Geralt was going to stay with his, rightfully so, annoyed ex gf. And the girl I had agreed to meet was nowhere to be found. His pals even asked about why Yen was in such a foul mood and Geralt explained he had broken up with her, yet weirdly enough there was no option to add in his reasons. Then the whole scene with the lifting of the curse happened and I was sent on my way again.

That started to rub me off somehow, after all, saying no to Yen had not been easy and now I wanted Geralt to have his reward in the form of tender moments with Triss. And so I waited. And waited. And after seeing Yen so many times it hit me that something was very wrong there. The world didn't care, Triss was nowhere to be found, no references whatsoever. Then I started to resent Yen just because of that, completely unrelated to actual story reasons. Anyway our thoughts on the matter had been posted well enough here, so I won't dwell on that.

The thing is though, I'm starting my second play trough now and I realized I am still annoyed at that short encounter with Yen at the beginning, but for entirely different reasons. I want an option for Geralt to tell her to f..k off when she mentions Triss, instead of "Yen, I lost my memory." I had decided this was going to be my Yen playthough but now I'm not so sure I'll be able to cope with it. There's still plenty of game around though, so I'll just focus on that.

Tl;dr: Even though I had liked Yen at the beginning, after seeing how they shoved her in our face at the expense of Triss , and how our choices didn't really matter in that regard, I don't like her that much anymore. Anybody else went through the same?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom