Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a shame about the bugged quest, hopefully they patch it up. The developers did say that Triss would be a very important character and that one of the big choices would be deciding between her and Yen, heck they showed quite a bit of Triss in the trailers, and in cosplays etc, so i don't know what happened (if some of her content was cut out), but yeah i was also worried about Yen being in the spotlight, although i didn't worry after seeing the trailers where it genuine looked like the developers made Triss a major character (like the previous games).

On a side note, Dijkstra is awesome, didn't really like him at first but he quickly grew on me.

This effectively killed my enjoyment of this otherwise glorious game.

I can still enjoy the game but not nearly as much. My first trip through Velen is a great example. I did as much as I could there before moving to Novigrad as I was naive to the treatment Triss would receive. My next time through I will just be filled with dread through Velen. Sorry your game is bugged though - there have been some bug issues. Check the tech support forums for help with those. You can continue to openly voice your displeasure with how Triss was handled here though. :)

I can still enjoy the game but not nearly as much. My first trip through Velen is a great example. I did as much as I could there before moving to Novigrad as I was naive to the treatment Triss would receive. My next time through I will just be filled with dread through Velen. Sorry your game is bugged though - there have been some bug issues. Check the tech support forums for help with those. You can continue to openly voice your displeasure with how Triss was handled here though. :)

Sorry am I missing something? What bug is everyone talking about?

The guy on the previous page said he experienced a game-breaking bug. Not a frequent thing. Sadly nothing that would give us any more Triss. :(

The setup with the Baron and the Crones(and Keira), I thought, was brilliant, so eerie and dark, seeping on atmosphere. Ofcourse, I was just itching to race through to Novigrad to find Triss with eager expectations. What was there was good, really good, but painfully short and then comparing Triss' interaction with the amount with Yen, the importance to the overall plot and the way the whole Northern Realms keep pushing Yen on me, well, I felt sorely cheated.

It was not my intention to further post my gripes with my unfortunately bugged quest (which I hope gets fixed by way of a certain patch 1.05), just thought It'd help describe my feeling of being ridiculed for not choosing the "right romance" as W3 so apptly conveys.

I'll see how long I can stay awake and read through the thread in detail, then come back and post more in-depth!

just thought It'd help describe my feeling of being ridiculed for not choosing the "right romance" as W3 so apptly conveys.

Everything helps, it has to get noticed. Especially if this was not the intention of the devs, since so many of us are feeling this way.

That is a shame about the bugged quest, hopefully they patch it up. The developers did say that Triss would be a very important character and that one of the big choices would be deciding between her and Yen, heck they showed quite a bit of Triss in the trailers, and in cosplays etc, so i don't know what happened (if some of her content was cut out), but yeah i was also worried about Yen being in the spotlight, although i didn't worry after seeing the trailers where it genuine looked like the developers made Triss a major character (like the previous games).

On a side note, Dijkstra is awesome, didn't really like him at first but he quickly grew on me.

She is a major character, she is literally the only LI that carries over from game to game, although I prefer her more in w2 and w3. Still gave her Alvin, but let's be honest, romance in w1 amounted to collecting cards.

And the choice over Yen or her is still there, they just forgot/couldn't/decided not to add the consequences.

As I suggested in another topic, it is my opinion that the original plan was to have Geralt meet her in Novigrad, have a closure of sorts and for her to depart to Kovir forever, so players were "free" to able to fully engage Yennefer. Think about it, almost every other scene after that is designed with those events in mind.

Sure she comes back because Yennefer asked her to. It even states so in the lorebook. After all even Geralt saying that she loved her and her agreeing to go to KM to meet him it's really not that important for Triss, he is just what, the life of her life? No biggie. Or perhaps, she comes back only at Yen's behest because we are in a world that was created with the idea of them parting for good. Which option makes the most sense?

To add salt to the wound, every other character that comes to help, comes because Geralt asked them to. Yen only rallies the woman whom she got dumped for. Wait, again in this state of the world she didn't get dumped. After all she kissed him when Ciri came back and Triss silently watched with sadness in her eyes, again because they had decided to part for good and she had to accept that.

List continues but you get the point.

I don't even think she was supposed to be in the ship in the end, she had no dialogue options and no quests associated with her. There was even no banter with her and the other characters.

The biggest argument is this though: They have done a wonderful job in every other part of the game, down to the last detail. An oversight of this magnitude can only be explained because it was, at some point, by design.

Last edited:
I really really hope this thread at least gets noted by CDPR, never thought there are so many of us feeling the same way.

I really really hope this thread at least gets noted by CDPR, never thought there are so many of us feeling the same way.

Well, we are in their forums and some of them already participated in the early parts of the other thread that originated this one; whether they'll do something about it it's another matter.

Yup, it helps soften the blow that we are not alone.

I think they have noticed this thread. It's almost hard to imagine a world where they haven't. 25k views and over 600 posts in 60 pages. One of the more popular threads in the character discussion. I think it comes down to they can't say anything because we are asking for specific changes and they can't really divulge any specifics about expansions/changes until they're set in stone. A little reassurance would be nice though *sniff* Like "We are listening and we are considering some of these proposed changes."

As I suggested in another topic, it is my opinion that the original plan was to have Geralt meet her in Novigrad, have a closure of sorts and for her to depart to Kovir forever, so players were "free" to able to fully engage Yennefer. Think about it, almost every other scene after that is designed with those events in mind.

This is a good point. I hope this is not the case but it would be damn hard to justify some of the weird love scenes. :X That means that they all but forgot about Triss until the end and decided to add a token romance for the diehard Triss-fans. :( She is not a side chick - she's the best ever. :wub:

Last edited:
She is a major character, she is literally the only LI that carries over from game to game, although I prefer her more in w2 and w3. Still gave her Alvin, but let's be honest, romance in w1 amounted to collecting cards.

And the choice over Yen or her is still there, they just forgot/couldn't/decided not to add the consequences.

Sure she comes back because Yennefer asked her to. It even states so in the lorebook. After all even Geralt saying that she loved her and her agreeing to go to KM to meet him it's really not that important for Triss, he is just what, the life of her life? No biggie. Or perhaps, she comes back only at Yen's behest because we are in a world that was created with the idea of them parting for good. Which option makes the most sense?

To add salt to the wound, every other character that comes to help, comes because Geralt asked them to. Yen only rallies the woman whom she got dumped for. Wait, again in this state of the world she didn't get dumped. After all she kissed him when Ciri came back and Triss silently watched with sadness in her eyes, again because they had decided to part for good and she had to accept that.

List continues but you get the point.

I don't even think she was supposed to be in the ship in the end, she had no dialogue options and no quests associated with her. There was even no banter with her and the other characters.
hmm, i hope that wasn't the original plan otherwise the developers wouldn't of said Triss was a love interest (they were saying this back in early 2013), but yeah even asking her to stay was the second dialogue option (although that doesn't really matter), it does seem like the developers were leaning to having Yen as the sole love interest and for Triss to leave (and come back without the romance option), plus the lack of banter and interactions with her do suggest that the developers weren't focusing much on it. Only CDPR can answer that. It kind of feels like Yen plays the role of what Triss was in the Witcher 2 (different storyline however), and Triss was more like Ves in terms of romance considering there wasn't many options in the W2 (just my opinion however).

---------- Updated at 05:52 AM ----------

Yeah this thread is pretty popular at the moment and i am sure at least a few of the developers have noticed this topic, so fingers crossed.

I expected the lack of Triss content honestly. The first 2 games were full of Triss due to a lack of Yennefer, but the 3rd game has a heavy focus on Yen for obvious reasons. I was overall satisfied with the amount of content Triss has until post-Kaer Morhen. There was a lot of potential for interaction there and they kind of dropped the ball.

Neither will i, i'm just waiting for a developer to jump onto this tread and say "dw guys we have plenty of things in store for Triss fans in terms of content". That would make my year perfect :)

I think you will find a fair few of us wont let this go unnoticed, myself included!

Just a quick word or two that they are listening to us would be enough for me. I think we have so many points here that simply cannot be denied, all backed up with solid logic. Even a single post by one of the REDs would help to lend this thread even more credibility. It shows on the previous page if a developer has commented on it. That way others would be inclined to come here and the more noise we make, the more chance that someone with some input into the Triss stuff would see it.

And seriously, I think this game is damn near perfect - sure there are small problems but they don't detract from the game much at all. This is one problem that is slowly ruining the game for me though. Just gives me less motivation to go back to it now that it's all said and done. I don't want to go through the heartbreak of having the Triss relationship, which had the possibility of being one of the best fictional romances I've ever seen, let me down. Every day since the credits rolled, I believe a little less and a little less and a little less that this is the game I was hoping it to be. :X Kind of sounds stupid, I know, but I had such high hopes for the Triss romance that the fall killed me and to some extent my enjoyment of the game. I still really like the game (I wouldn't spend so much time voicing my displeasure if this wasn't the case) but my fondness is fading rather quickly over time. Sorry if that doesn't make a ton sense - seemed more logical in my head.

Just a quick word or two that they are listening to us would be enough for me. I think we have so many points here that simply cannot be denied, all backed up with solid logic. Even a single post by one of the REDs would help to lend this thread even more credibility. It shows on the previous page if a developer has commented on it. That way others would be inclined to come here and the more noise we make, the more chance that someone with some input into the Triss stuff would see it.

And seriously, I think this game is damn near perfect - sure there are small problems but they don't detract from the game much at all. This is one problem that is slowly ruining the game for me though. Just gives me less motivation to go back to it now that it's all said and done. I don't want to go through the heartbreak of having the Triss relationship, which had the possibility of being one of the best fictional romances I've ever seen, let me down. Every day since the credits rolled, I believe a little less and a little less and a little less that this is the game I was hoping it to be. :X Kind of sounds stupid, I know, but I had such high hopes for the Triss romance that the fall killed me and to some extent my enjoyment of the game. I still really like the game (I wouldn't spend so much time voicing my displeasure if this wasn't the case) but my fondness is fading rather quickly over time. Sorry if that doesn't make a ton sense - seemed more logical in my head.
This exactly! just a quick comment or update from a developer would easily give us Triss fans hope, and i agree, the romance between Geralt and Triss in the games is imo one of the best fictional relationships there is or at least that is what it was developing into.

Given how massive this game is, I'm pretty sure they finished pre-production before they announced the game in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom