Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what pre-production is but it still took two years after the announce. I think there's no excuse for Triss being given this sort of a farewell. :X

---------- Updated at 06:38 AM ----------

This exactly! just a quick comment or update from a developer would easily give us Triss fans hope, and i agree, the romance between Geralt and Triss in the games is imo one of the best fictional relationships there is or at least that is what it was developing into.

The potential was there - just don't know why it had to end up like this. Like I said, if I am not reassured that Triss will be in the expansions or given some attention from an Enhanced Edition or even something minor from a title update or something, I am not sure I'll come back and buy the expansions. I just don't want to go through the heartbreak again. If I was going to play the expansions, I would start a new game and then play them within the story but if I am just going to be let down again, I'm not sure I will be up for it. :(

I think it makes sense to fix it not just from a creative standpoint because it really hurts the story you've been crafting, but also from a business standpoint. Frustrated players are less likely to come back and purchase the extra stuff. On the flip side of the business standpoint, I think plenty of us, myself included, would be willing to pay for expansions with a greater focus on the romantic/personal side of things.

Last edited:
As I suggested in another topic, it is my opinion that the original plan was to have Geralt meet her in Novigrad, have a closure of sorts and for her to depart to Kovir forever, so players were "free" to able to fully engage Yennefer. Think about it, almost every other scene after that is designed with those events in mind.

Sure she comes back because Yennefer asked her to. It even states so in the lorebook. After all even Geralt saying that she loved her and her agreeing to go to KM to meet him it's really not that important for Triss, he is just what, the life of her life? No biggie. Or perhaps, she comes back only at Yen's behest because we are in a world that was created with the idea of them parting for good. Which option makes the most sense?

To add salt to the wound, every other character that comes to help, comes because Geralt asked them to. Yen only rallies the woman whom she got dumped for. Wait, again in this state of the world she didn't get dumped. After all she kissed him when Ciri came back and Triss silently watched with sadness in her eyes, again because they had decided to part for good and she had to accept that.

List continues but you get the point.

I don't even think she was supposed to be in the ship in the end, she had no dialogue options and no quests associated with her. There was even no banter with her and the other characters.

The biggest argument is this though: They have done a wonderful job in every other part of the game, down to the last detail. An oversight of this magnitude can only be explained because it was, at some point, by design.

It's a horribly logical theory i can't deny. I really hope you are wrong and poor treatment was accidental not deliberate and is improved.

I am finishing on Novigrad, and the parting with Triss (if you are going with Yennefer) is much harder than the other way around. We also get to see Triss vulnerable as she is getting hunted by the Church of Eternal Flame. Nothing of this sort with Yennefer, she is always firmly in control of the situation.

It's a horribly logical theory i can't deny. I really hope you are wrong and poor treatment was accidental not deliberate and is improved.

I agree - it makes perfect sense but in a bad way. I hope it was not intentional - this would make it seem like they just don't care about her anymore. :( Which isn't fair to us because we all still clearly care about her.

I am finishing on Novigrad, and the parting with Triss (if you are going with Yennefer) is much harder than the other way around. We also get to see Triss vulnerable as she is getting hunted by the Church of Eternal Flame. Nothing of this sort with Yennefer, she is always firmly in control of the situation.

I agree that the situation adds to it but I just couldn't turn her away because she's just so perfect. Everything about her :wub:

---------- Updated at 07:45 AM ----------

I would very much like it if we could get 250 votes in our favor before the two-week mark - that'd be a solid milestone. I am wondering how to get more people onto this thread - I am quite certain there are lots of people that share our opinions. :dry:

Last edited:
Triss being sidelined without choice does seem the plausible explanation...that dev response would really help at this point.

I feel sucker-punched.

I like that trailer - it's true to the game because just like the game, there isn't a whole lot of Triss there, but what is there is awesome. That scene in the garden - I can't even... :wub:

---------- Updated at 08:10 AM ----------

Triss being sidelined without choice does seem the plausible explanation...that dev response would really help at this point.

I feel sucker-punched.

Pretty adequately sums up my feelings. :( She just gets set aside and we don't really have a reason. Even if a dev could come here and tell us, from a creative/narrative standpoint, why some of our suggestions wouldn't work, it might soften the blow a little bit. As of right now though, I just feel, well you said it right, sucker punched.

Yep that trailer shows how great the moments are with Triss, but of course the main problem is the lack of them. I was actually expecting more people to vote on this poll by now (well more like hoping) but i assume a lot of people haven't finished the game yet, so hopefully the votes pick up over the next couple of weeks, either way 86% are for more Triss content so that has got to count for something.

It counts for something. Is that something going to be enough see our hopes come to fruition? I don't think we're quite there yet. I think the 25k views and the 650 posts are actually more impressive. When the poll hits 1000 votes, it might be enough. I say we just give it some more time. I also don't think that many people that play casually visit the forums. On the off chance some of them do though, we need to keep this thread close to the top. :p

Yeah the views and posts will only help the cause, keeping this thread alive and active is a priority! :)

How do you "vote".

Im on my phone so im not sure if im missing something or not?

Every person counts!!

I'll do it even if its just a bump down the road. Better than letting it die. :X

---------- Updated at 08:24 AM ----------

Not sure if you can vote on your phone - this forum is not particularly mobile-friendly so I use my computer. You might have to hop onto to a computer to do it. :eek:

A really nice forum layout is for Turtle Rock Studios. You can do everything on there from your phone and it updates in real time. Much pleased with that format. Off topic though, I know.

More Triss please! :wub:

I think you need a computer to vote, i couldn't even log on using internet explorer until someone pointed out to me that i needed to use google chrome.

@msanx et. all

On top of this, let's be realistic. Many people on this forum don't like Triss or prefer Yennefer because of the books, which are not read by the vast majority of players!

So it is reasonable to believe the statistics, sans survey sampling bias would err even stronger in our favor.

Damn!! I really would like to vote!

Time to crank out the laptop.. Just got to find it! Hahah

Thanks guys.

That's weird msanx? I can even get on from my phone but I may have gone from google?

Damn!! I really would like to vote!

Time to crank out the laptop.. Just got to find it! Hahah

Thanks guys.

That's weird msanx? I can even get on from my phone but I may have gone from google?
It is weird, anyway thanks for taking the time to vote, every vote counts! :)

---------- Updated at 08:39 AM ----------

@msanx et. all

On top of this, let's be realistic. Many people on this forum don't like Triss or prefer Yennefer because of the books, which are not read by the vast majority of players!

So it is reasonable to believe the statistics, sans survey sampling bias would err even stronger in our favor.
It is possible that some of votes 'against more Triss fans' are from people who don't like her, it is good logic, but we don't really know for sure.

So... no chances for success.. what are we waiting for? Lets make a Witcher 4 petition !

I would give 1 year of my salary for this. Im still playing the story and I could already cry.. with that situation. The last time seeing Geralt and Triss and Ciri and all the others .. that just cant be true :( Use another 5 years if u want but pls dont let this end :X

^this

no geralt no triss no triss no fun

theres yen/triss threads everywhere but no one made a geralt nohomo love thread, im disappointed

Honestly, I think the open world gameplay is the reason for this. Think about it, being an open world game makes it so hard for the developers to incorporate the decisions that we make on their quests. The main story felt like we were being spoon fed with plot ideas that should have been affected by the decisions we made in the open world dynamic. CDPR kept the decision making at its core in W1 and W2, however i think that the decision making aspect of W3 took a back seat because open world gaming became the focus. Yes, we did feel the effects of the consequences through the pictures on the ending, but i truly believe that CDPR will put an effort to make the decision making part of the game be on par with W1 and 2, because that for me truly carried the RPG and made it truly unique. I think they'll make DLC or patches regarding this, I know it is in their priority; they are just ironing out some things right now. Maybe after fixing the various bugs then they'll focus more on creating more interactions not only for triss but for other NPCs

---------- Updated at 09:01 AM ----------

Come on, if that was the case then why would they allow a romance thing to happen if we as players will be let down in the end. I trust CDPR enough to make us fans happy, we're so invested in this after all, i mean look at us hahaha

We can use all the votes we can get! :) As of right now though, I think the 25k views are more impressive. People at least click and read the original post - they recognize some of our issues with the Triss neglect in the game. The points are so compelling too that I think we must have made an impression on some of them. Myself included. I played the games sure but never had any issues so I didn't feel the need to join the forums. I saw this thread and said here is a chance to possibly fix an issue in an otherwise wonderful game. Plus I think I have some interesting points of view and rather unique way of putting my ideas on paper. I find when I read stuff I've written (discussions, papers for school, etc.), I sometimes can't believe how coherent my arguments are. A little extra eloquence never hurt anybody. :p But this isn't about me - more Triss! :wub:

Thanks for voting too @AILD97 appreciate the support.

It is possible that some of votes 'against more Triss fans' are from people who don't like her, it is good logic, but we don't really know for sure.

*le gasp* who doesn't like Triss? How could you not like? She's just the best. :wub: I know I fell in love with her the first time I saw her. But yeah, bring these people to me - I will make them see the truth.

---------- Updated at 09:08 AM ----------

Honestly, I think the open world gameplay is the reason for this. Think about it, being an open world game makes it so hard for the developers to incorporate the decisions that we make on their quests. The main story felt like we were being spoon fed with plot ideas that should have been affected by the decisions we made in the open world dynamic. CDPR kept the decision making at its core in W1 and W2, however i think that the decision making aspect of W3 took a back seat because open world gaming became the focus. Yes, we did feel the effects of the consequences through the pictures on the ending, but i truly believe that CDPR will put an effort to make the decision making part of the game be on par with W1 and 2, because that for me truly carried the RPG and made it truly unique. I think they'll make DLC or patches regarding this, I know it is in their priority; they are just ironing out some things right now. Maybe after fixing the various bugs then they'll focus more on creating more interactions not only for triss but for other NPCs

I think the open-world was a step in the right direction - this game truly benefits from it. In many aspects. The relationship you pursue would only have an impact on you and the dialogue would reflect this. Be it dialogue with Geralt or dialogue between Triss and the other characters. I don't think the open-world aspect is the reason they let the pitch sail by. I just think they dropped the ball.

And I sincerely hope you're right. Put Triss at the top of that list though. ^_^ I would trade some more Dandelion or Zoltan or even Dijkstra screen time for some more Triss. :p

Also, the epilogue let you see the far-reaching effects of your decision but they just felt tacked on. I've said before why can't I go to Triss later in the game to discuss the future? Everything about the Triss romance just feels disconnected from everything else going on. It just sucks to see her reduced to this. :(

Hey man thanks for this thread and really hoping the devs would see this. I've honestly never been this emotionally attached to any game I've played. If I have school right no I think I would have flunked my classes because I just can't shake this empty feeling I have lol. Thanks man really hope our concerns can be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom