Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine how us Yennifer fans felt for the past 7 years. At least you Triss fans have had THREE games with tons of Triss content. Us Yennefer fans didn't get to see Yennefer until now in TW3.

So before you complain about the lack of Triss content, please think about this fact.

Not that I would be against CDPR adding more Triss content. Obviously not. I like Triss. I just like Yennefer more (a lot more).

-Yen have all the book (from what i know Triss appear in the book is limit) + The Witcher 3
-Triss have some from the book + The Witcher 1, 2, 3 (in 3 Norvigad is awesome, Kaer Mohen not so good, Norvigad again is OK, in Skellige wtf :()

Imagine how us Yennifer fans felt for the past 7 years. At least you Triss fans have had THREE games with tons of Triss content. Us Yennefer fans didn't get to see Yennefer until now in TW3.

So before you complain about the lack of Triss content, please think about this fact.

Not that I would be against CDPR adding more Triss content. Obviously not. I like Triss. I just like Yennefer more (a lot more).

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't the last one. At least you guys get a proper sendoff. We sadly, do not. That doesn't seem fair now does it? The end of the story is arguably the most important part. The Yennefer one is shorter sure, but much more rewarding. I don't think what we are asking is unfair. We just want some closure.

Which is why she was given the spotlight in the game, which I get, really. But think about this fact as well: we were given choices, we chose Triss, but didn't get almost anything out of it except a slide at the end of the game and her saying Well everytime we talk to her. If that happened to Yen how would you feel? Don't use the excuse on the argument you just made about "our" Geralt because it is our game afterall, and we were given choices, but those choices didn't really bear fruit for us. This is how most of us feel, which is why this thread is so damn popular.

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't the last one. At least you guys get a proper sendoff. We sadly, do not. That doesn't seem fair now does it? The end of the story is arguably the most important part. The Yennefer one is shorter sure, but much more rewarding. I don't think what we are asking is unfair. We just want some closure.

I don't think what you're asking is unfair either. But at the same time I do think you should keep things in perspective and realize that book fans who like Yennefer have not been able to see our favorite character for 7 whole years.

To me as a book reader Triss is one of those characters who's a lot more interesting in the games than she is in the books. I'm amazed how CDPR managed to turn a character I thought was boring into a character I think is fun and likable. As for Yennefer, she is mostly the same. Book-Yennefer is not all that different from game-Yennefer. Which is a good thing. I think CDPR did a good job.

I do hope CDPR will add some closure for the Trissmancers though. But I haven't finished TW3 yet so no ending spoilers please.

I do hope CDPR will add some closure for the Trissmancers though.

That's all we're asking for here. I think our proposed changes (some of them anyways) are reasonable to implement. The perspective doesn't really matter here though. What is a good story with a crappy ending? A short story with a good ending is inherently more satisfying than a long story with a bad one. Like I said, if it weren't the last one, we would be complacent to let it slide. If we don't speak up and say something though we will never get any resolution and this is what we will end up with forever. That's why this thread is here. We want our just deserts.

If you still can't accept where I am coming from then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Don't really know any other way to explain it and I don't just want to keep repeating the same thing.

Last edited:
I wish people would stop say "my Geralt". This isn't a BioWare RPG. Geralt is never our character, he's Sapkowski's character first and foremost, we just get to decide which path of life Geralt walks.

He DID decide which path of life Geralt walks.

His Geralt is DEAD.

So, we're kind of stuck with multiple choices if we want otherwise. :)

CD Red's Geralt has been profoundly affected by 3 games and his death/resurrection. If he's unchanged and static, I don't think he'd be that true to the books either.

Last edited:
Not gonna happen. As long as the game gives me a choice I'm going to choose whatever I want for my Geralt. The choices you've made are for you and your Geralt alone. If we were meant to follow the books then there would be no need for choices to begin with.

Well said. If it was CDPR's Geralt, they wouldn't have given choices in our story. Also, being a Witcher, Geralt's emotions are turned down pretty significantly so you are able to project yourself a little bit onto him. Along with the branching dialogue choices, you are given a great deal of freedom to craft your own story.

I agree that CDPR did a great job with Yen in this game, it is just Triss was like a character that they took from the books and sort of made their own character (figuratively), meaning she had more bearing on the story in the first two games, so coming into the third game, most of us Triss fans were expecting a bit more in terms of content. It never had to interfere directly with the events in the main story, but simple things like additional dialogue options or having her join you in some quest (of course it depends on the money and resources they had), would of been satisfying and allowed a sense of closure. As many people have pointed out, what was there in terms of content was amazing, it just seemed like it finished all too soon.

Also 123 pages for this thread is quite amazing, i wouldn't be surprised if it reached 200 pages before the weekend.

---------- Updated at 07:59 AM ----------

His Geralt is DEAD.

So, we're kind of stuck with multiple choices if we want otherwise.
Exactly, the author's Geralt has finished his story.

Couldn't you argue that the minute he got amnesia, the "real" Geralt ceased to exist? That was the moment the new Geralt was born. When he got his memory back he didn't lose the new memories post-amnesia. The Geralt we control in W3 is a combination of the two. While it is true that "real" Geralt's true love is Yennefer, it is also true that "new" Geralt's true love is Triss. That is why we are given the choice in the first place - the current Geralt clearly has unreconciled feelings for both of them.

Yeah i see it as the amnesia gave Geralt the chance to form an opinion on being in love with Triss in a space, without imprint of the Yen romance getting in the way. Think there's a line in W3 on Skellige where Geralt says 'couldn't you be nicer.", Yen's response 'is no, then i wouldn't be who you fell in love with."
That line felt very meaningful for me as my Geralt was trying to work his way through confused fact that even as he started to get his memories back in TW2 he very much felt in love with Triss. Then he gets a flood of paper memories showing him the extent of his history with Yen, which makes him think he has to find her and see if seeing her makes the memories come to life. Yet when new geralt meets her and is with her, he's now judging her by what made him fall in love with Triss.

As for the wish, it felt like freeing Geralt of the last fetter. I think writers wanted to use it as means of helping new players define relationship with Yen in clear branch. What the wish was, what twisted version the djinn implemented is never made clear. I would have preferred to be able to explain it wasn't just the lack of wish that meant the 'magic was dead' but also feelings for Triss. Beforehand there were people saying Geralt couldn't love Triss because of the wish, now there's people saying wish isn't what bound Geralt to Yen.

---------- Updated at 08:12 AM ----------

His Geralt is DEAD.

So, we're kind of stuck with multiple choices if we want otherwise. :)

CD Red's Geralt has been profoundly affected by 3 games and his death/resurrection. If he's unchanged and static, I don't think he'd be that true to the books either.

I dislike the view some people have of Geralt as a fixed unchanging character. If Geralt was this fixed character there would be no quest choices, let alone romance ones. My Geralt is a creation of CD Projekt Red's amnesia magic which opens up Geralt changing to a degree from the character in the books both in romance and quest wise.

Beforehand there were people saying Geralt couldn't love Triss because of the wish, now there's people saying wish isn't what bound Geralt to Yen.
For my Geralt his feelings for Triss was stronger than Djinns wish, like in fairytales true love stronger than witch curse. Thats why rose of rememberence starts bloom again.

As for the wish, it felt like freeing Geralt of the last fetter. I think writers wanted to use it as means of helping new players define relationship with Yen in clear branch. What the wish was, what twisted version the djinn implemented is never made clear. I would have preferred to be able to explain it wasn't just the lack of wish that meant the 'magic was dead' but also feelings for Triss. Beforehand there were people saying Geralt couldn't love Triss because of the wish, now there's people saying wish isn't what bound Geralt to Yen.

I agree. I liked this quest. Not only for a chance for the Yen-camp to define the relationship but also for us Triss-fans to create some distance from her and add some stability to the Triss side of things.

I dislike the view some people have of Geralt as a fixed unchanging character. If Geralt was this fixed character there would be no quest choices, let alone romance ones. My Geralt is a creation of CD Projekt Red's amnesia magic which opens up Geralt changing to a degree from the character in the books both in romance and quest wise.

Good point, the Geralt from the games is different to the Geralt from the books as long as the player wants him to be.

For my Geralt his feelings for Triss was stronger than Djinns wish, like in fairytales true love stronger than witch curse. Thats why rose of rememberence starts bloom again.

Yeah, true love knows no bounds. :p Still though, next time I play I will wait to pursue things with Triss until after I have dealt with the Djinn. It'll help it to feel a bit more natural - will be able to say what I want and mean it without worrying about that silly curse in the back of my mind.

Yeah, true love knows no bounds. :p Still though, next time I play I will wait to pursue things with Triss until after I have dealt with the Djinn. It'll help it to feel a bit more natural - will be able to say what I want and mean it without worrying about that silly curse in the back of my mind.
Good point, I will try it too, firstfull remove bound than confess in love to Triss.

Which is why she was given the spotlight in the game, which I get, really. But think about this fact as well: we were given choices, we chose Triss, but didn't get almost anything out of it except a slide at the end of the game and her saying Well everytime we talk to her. If that happened to Yen how would you feel? Don't use the excuse on the argument you just made about "our" Geralt because it is our game afterall, and we were given choices, but those choices didn't really bear fruit for us. This is how most of us feel, which is why this thread is so damn popular.

Yeah i get Yen was always going to have a big role, especially in the Ciri stuff. The problem is in the middle(Kaer Morhen) where Triss is both bizarrely absent(despite invite) but also there are no options available to be reactive to choices made by those who went with her(coupled with a forced Yen passionate kiss), whilst there's separately crafted scenes for Yen & towards the end where she just says the word 'well'.

Good idea, i wish i did that in my playthrough.

I'm approaching doing this at the moment(still in Velen), though i'm not sure how it'll work as it seems plotwise i have to do much of Novigrad (ciri questline) for going to Skellige to make sense.

Good point, I will try it too, firstfull remove bound than confess in love to Triss.

I would recommend it. It'll just make me feel better about the whole chain of events.

Yeah i get Yen was always going to have a big role, especially in the Ciri stuff. The problem is in the middle(Kaer Morhen) where Triss is both bizarrely absent(despite invite) but also there are no options available to be reactive to choices made by those who went with her(coupled with a forced Yen passionate kiss), whilst there's separately crafted scenes for Yen & towards the end where she just says the word 'well'.

This is, I think the main point of this thread. Triss just feels secondary to Yen in terms of romance. I am fine that Yen is primary in the main quest but why on the romance side of things, do we get shafted like we did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom