Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the game doesn't make it easy to reject Yen, but kind of makes it easy to let Triss go on that boat unless you want to romance her.

Another reason it's not fair to us. It's easy to pick Yen and easy to let Triss go (she does come back after all). It does make it easy to pick Triss (we don't get much payoff for it though) but it's also hard to reject Yen. You just feel so bad about it. After the scene though I tell myself they had to talk about it and some point. Also, I made a choice and I am not going to be swayed.

Another reason it's not fair to us. It's easy to pick Yen and easy to let Triss go (she does come back after all). It does make it easy to pick Triss (we don't get much payoff for it though) but it's also hard to reject Yen. You just feel so bad about it. After the scene though I tell myself they had to talk about it and some point. Also, I made a choice and I am not going to be swayed.

Yep i mean during the last wish quest, Yen is expecting Geralt to say he loves her, but on the Triss side of things, she is sort of expecting to move on and ready to say her goodbye. I was completely ready to romance Triss and reject Yen but gosh the game makes your Geralt look and sound like a dick if he rejects Yen. Still we all went through it and ended up with not much payoff (like you said).

Proper Dialogue Between Yen and Geralt About Triss:

Original Dialogue:

G “Heard about the bed… Really prefer to sleep on the floor? Wouldn’t recommend it. That stone can get awfully chilly.”
Y “Frankly I prefer a chill to bedding littered with red hair.”
G “So upset about Triss you gotta take it our on the furniture?”
Y “Would you prefer I take it out some other way?”
Y “You know what...? We should end this discussion - before I say something I’ll regret.”
G “But I’d love to hear what you have to say.”
Y “Is that so? Very well then. Listen. You shagged my friend. For upwards of a year. I cannot know what your Witchers’ code says on the matter but ordinary folk would consider it obscene, base, vile. I try not to think about it… That stupid bed was making it difficult. That’s that.”
** This is the point where Geralt can say “Yen… Told you already. Lost my memory” Or any number of equally wienie-ass choices**

This is where I think a real adult conversation could have taken place:
** For the purposes of this conversation I am saying The Last Wish has been completed and Geralt and Yen are broken up **
Y “Is that so? Very well then. Listen. You shagged my friend. For upwards of a year. I cannot know what your Witchers’ code says on the matter but ordinary folk would consider it obscene, base, vile. I try not to think about it… That stupid bed was making it difficult. That’s that.”
G “Do you want to do this now? Fine, let’s talk about it. I won’t apologize for my actions. You were gone and I didn’t even know you existed.”
Y “That doesn’t fix anything. You and her together. Here. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.”
G “Maybe if you had come looking for me. Triss was there for me.”
Y “I didn’t even know where you were.”
G “I don’t know where Ciri is now but I’m still looking for her. That’s not a good excuse.”
Y “It just makes me mad, Geralt. Am I not allowed to be mad?”
G “You are. Acting like a child, breaking things, isn’t going to fix anything either.”
Y “How am I supposed to act? You two are together now and you and I are finished? Just like that?”
*Yen starts to get emotional*
G “Sometimes things fall apart. That’s the way the world works.”
Y “You and I were supposed to be together though. That’s our destiny. You said so yourself when you made that stupid wish in the first place.”
G “Things change, Yen. You can’t expect everything to be the same after all these years. I’ve changed. You’ve changed. You’ll just have to accept the fact that Triss is a part of my life now. I know it sucks but it’s just the way it is.”
Y “Geralt…"
G “You should just try to be happy for us.”
Y *Exasperated sigh as she wipes away a tear* “I can try but I can’t promise anything”
G “You’ve never had any problem fending for yourself. You will be just fine without me.”
Y “Maybe. But I won’t be as happy without you.”
G “I know…”
*Geralt gives her a hug. Just comforting her.*
G “I still care about you, Yen. Just not in the same way.”
Y “Maybe if we hadn’t lost all that time.”
G “Yeah. Maybe... Now come on, we have work to do. If you want to talk later we can but we have to focus on Ciri for now.
Y “Okay. For Ciri.”
*** Then the game picks up with the breaking of Uma’s curse ***

I just want to say, even as I am typing this I’m finding it hard. I don’t think Geralt would be mean to Yen here but I would certainly expect him to stand up for himself. It’s hard too because I do feel bad for Yen. But things change and life goes on. Nothing she can do about it now except try to be happy for them and move on herself. If you guys think the Yen being sad is out of character, don't hate me, just trying to get some closure. :eek: I think a scene like this would have been very rewarding. Very emotional. Big payoff.

---------- Updated at 02:14 AM ----------

Wow, we just cracked 50k views and we are rounding 1500 posts.

---------- Updated at 02:36 AM ----------

I've now posted 3 or 4 possible dialogue tweaks to this thread. CDPR could probably write something better but even my admittedly mediocre changes I think would make some of the moments much more rewarding. It all comes back to, I think they missed a lot of opportunities on the romance side of things. They either intentionally watched the pitch sail by (not the most comforting of thoughts I know) or they didn't think romance was as big of a deal as it should have been (a point brought up earlier in this thread). I think we can all agree that it is a big deal though.

Fingers crossed that they're listening. :) They just can't let Triss's story go out like this. They can clearly see how much we care. I think this thread is very productive. It shows solid reasoning and examples of how we are unhappy. It gives some nice examples of possible fixes. It also shows that we are passionate - we aren't just tilting at windmills here. Keep it up people! :) We will see Triss vindicated yet. :p

Last edited:

[FONT=roboto_slab]"Certains membre de CD Projekt Red ont déjà fait part de leur préférence pour la belle magicienne rousse et sont d’ores et déjà au courant de ce que réclame les fans de Triss Merigold sans pour autant affirmer si le studio prévoyait quelque chose pour y remédier."

[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_slab]So some CDPR staff prefer Triss and recognize the complaints of players, but will not say if the studio plans to do anything about it.

So no news, but it is very nice to see that CDPR staff have acknowledged the issue in the press.[/FONT][FONT=roboto_slab][/FONT]

[FONT=roboto_slab]"Certains membre de CD Projekt Red ont déjà fait part de leur préférence pour la belle magicienne rousse et sont d’ores et déjà au courant de ce que réclame les fans de Triss Merigold sans pour autant affirmer si le studio prévoyait quelque chose pour y remédier."

[/FONT]
[FONT=roboto_slab]So some CDPR staff prefer Triss and recognize the complaints of players, but will not say if the studio plans to do anything about it.

So no news, but it is very nice to see that CDPR staff have acknowledged the issue in the press.[/FONT][FONT=roboto_slab][/FONT]

Every developer like this, they know but will give any detail only when almost finish doing something about the issue :D

[/FONT]

So no news, but it is very nice to see that CDPR staff have acknowledged the issue in the press.[/FONT]
That is great to see CDPR have taken notice of the players opinions and thoughts. They have a reputation for listening to their fans, and hopefully they consider adding in more content. It doesn't have to be a romance dlc (i can't see that happening), but simple things like additional dialogue options and references can go a long way to helping the player feel satisfied and that their choice was valid. Of course it is completely their choice, so yeah it is about waiting for any news :)

Every developer like this, they know but will give any detail only when almost finish doing something about the issue

I don't think their plans for Triss are finalized though. It's still early in the post-release development process. I just don't think they are saying anything because they don't know what they are going to do. Some support from one of the REDs would be awesome though. An update that they are listening would be most helpful but maybe equally helpful would be if one of them came on here and said that they are on team Triss and are rooting for us. That second one is less likely, I know, but one of the CDPR staff on our side would be most helpful.

I know we have one of them in our Triss group but he's also in a Yennefer group and a Ciri group. He might just join the groups to show support for their characters - doesn't necessarily mean he shares our views.

With all my heart I hope the CDPR devs are reading this and giggling like little school girls...KNOIWing that what we are 'wishing' for is already done and waiting to be released as DLC...

On that happy thought I am off to bed...my baby girl will be 5 yo tomorrow...so I won't get to play even IF the 1.05 patch drops...oh well, Zoo day here I come!

Last edited:
With all my heart I hope the CDPR devs are reading this and giggling like little school girls...KNOIWing that what we are 'wishing' for is already done and waiting to be released as DLC...

On that happy thought I am off to bed...my baby girl will be 5 yo tomorrow...so I won't get to play even IF the 1.05 patch drops...oh well, Zoo day here I come!
Hehe i have no idea what CDPR are up to. Also congratulations on your daughters fifth birthday! :)

We shouldn't try to speculate too much. We'll drive ourselves crazy. :X We will just have to wait and see and hope we are heard.

Hi, found this thread after completing the game choosing the Triss romance option.

It was kind of a let down coming from the two previous games where she was obviously Geralt's main love interest. I understand this was Yennefer's first appearance in the games and given their history she needed to play a big part in the game but having your love interest choice absent for most the game and even worse not being able to interact with her when you are able to was really a bad game design choice. Was pretty bummed given this is the last game in the series.

I really think they should consider some kind of DLC to really work on the interactions for the romance part of the game for Geralt, Yen, and Triss. I don't mean more sex scenes, I mean more interaction. I really like einsteins examples in this topic thread. Bring closure to their story to make us all feel good with how this series ends for them.

Why settle for being the best RPG with a mediocre romance when you could surpass the others in this regard too.

Normally I don't post about things in games that bug me, I guess that shows how good the characters and this game world connected with me. Good job CDPR. :)

Hi, found this thread after completing the game choosing the Triss romance option.

It was kind of a let down coming from the two previous games where she was obviously Geralt's main love interest. I understand this was Yennefer's first appearance in the games and given their history she needed to play a big part in the game but having your love interest choice absent for most the game and even worse not being able to interact with her when you are able to was really a bad game design choice. Was pretty bummed given this is the last game in the series.

Hello @allen3 welcome to the community. Don't forget to vote! :)

I will respond piece-by-piece. To your first point, just like you, none of us disliked Yen and none of us wanted less of her. We just want our choice of going with Triss to be meaningful and fulfilling. I think we were all disappointed with her disappearance after the lighthouse and the overall lack of interaction during/after Kaer Morhen.

I too am bummed that this is potentially her last hurrah. :(

I really think they should consider some kind of DLC to really work on the interactions for the romance part of the game for Geralt, Yen, and Triss. I don't mean more sex scenes, I mean more interaction.

1000 times agreed. A DLC like Mass Effect's Citadel or one with just a stronger focus on personal relationships with all major characters.

I really like einsteins examples in this topic thread. Bring closure to their story to make us all feel good with how this series ends for them.

Why thank you. :p Just something I've been thinking about doing for the last couple of days. Thought I'd give it a shot - see what you guys thought. :) I have another one I am working on now. Geralt/Triss at the funeral after Kaer Morhen. I'll post it when I finish.

Why settle for being the best RPG with a mediocre romance when you could surpass the others in this regard too.

I said something to this effect a lot earlier. A lot more words though, lol. I like the way you summed it up here though. It could have been the best RPG with the best romances. They consistently shot for the moon when designed this game. With this aspect though they just didn't. It truly sucks. :(

Normally I don't post about things in games that bug me, I guess that shows how good the characters and this game world connected with me. Good job CDPR.

Same here. I've only ever joined maybe 3 or 4 other forums in my life. It's been a while. Couldn't sit idly by though while they let Triss go out with a fizzle. :X

Sometimes here write that if we had read books, we would choose Yen instead of Triss. I can tell with confidence that it not true. I read almost all books about the Witcher about 15 years ago. And reading books I hated Yennefer. I couldn't undestand how everyone can stand her.
For all this time I already forgot how I was feeling about Yen. And playing the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, I remembered all the feelings and impressions of her. I can tell that she was created in game perfectly, like she was in books she is in this game.
Triss in books I didn't liked as in games. Because in books she wasn't fully opened as a character, but even there was clear that she is in love with Geralt. And having reached games I fell in love with Triss.
Me and my Geralt will always choose Triss, we love her!

Last edited:

@Sardukhar usually does the pony edits, but I got here first this time. There's a right way and a wrong way to counter-argue. Yours was the wrong way.

- DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes here write that if we had read books, we would choose Yen instead of Triss. I can tell with confidence that it not true. I read almost all books about the Witcher about 15 years ago. And reading books I hated Yennefer. I couldn't undestand how everyone can stand her.

I haven't read the books myself but I have heard this is the case for some. It's just a matter of personal preference. If what you say is true, Yennefer in the games is like Yennefer in the books, then I don't think I'd like her very much in the books either. And it's not that I dislike Yennefer, I just much prefer Triss.

Triss in books I didn't liked as in games. Because in books she wasn't fully opened as a character, but even there was clear that she is in love with Geralt. And having reached games I fell in love with Triss.
Me and my Geralt will always choose Triss, we love her!

I have also heard about this. Triss in the books isn't so great. :X Doesn't matter though since I've only played the games. She's pretty great there. :wub:

I haven't read the books myself but I have heard this is the case for some. It's just a matter of personal preference. If what you say is true, Yennefer in the games is like Yennefer in the books, then I don't think I'd like her very much in the books either. And it's not that I dislike Yennefer, I just much prefer Triss.

I have also heard about this. Triss in the books isn't so great. :X Doesn't matter though since I've only played the games. She's pretty great there. :wub:

Yen in the games is done very well to her book counterpart, for Triss however, she has less of a role in the books, but CDPR liked her so they gave her a bigger role in the games and that is how we all ended up liking her :)

@msanx I would just delete your post. No point in even paying him any attention. Report the post and delete your original one. We would like to keep the topic clean and organized. While I don't think you can outright delete posts, you can remove the text and add something else.

I've seen on other forums that it will say something like [Post Withdrawn by Author]. Or something else along those lines.

Point is, all Trolls care about is getting a reaction from you. Don't even give him the satisfaction

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom