Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I met Yen before Triss. I outleveled the whole thing quite badly and Skellige was my first target after Velen. I even did the last wish Quest BEFORE things with Triss even started. So i cleaned up Geralts past. Dumped Yennefer cause i knew i would go with Triss.

Now imagine how wrong the whole situation is in general. With my path its even more dump.

Thank you. I start a game and was ready to make history starting with Skellige before Novigrad but apparently it does not change. Although I no longer try to Skellige before, I am again disappointed. What I have to do now? Knowing that I have a problem in my main save for 4-5 days and I'm stuck at 2 missions of the end. I started part that now it no longer useless ... I play PS4 so I'll make trophies ... Yippee! :stuart:

409 votes in the poll (84% in our favor), 58k views, and 1700 posts. Nice work people :)

You know, we also have NO idea how much dialog the VO Talent recorded that has been saved. How many extra quests MAIN story quests they had recorded and down that didn't make the cut.

You're right. I mean, that's just the nature of these things. There's probably hundreds of lines of unused dialogue, a dozen or more quests, other stuff too I'm sure.

And really, as long as they stop shoving Yen into my face and let me stand for my decision to go for Triss, I don't care under what name/package it's being delivered.

100% agreed. As long as the game is respectful of my choice, I won't care how it is provided. Patches/DLC/Expansions/Enhanced Edition - as long as Triss is given a proper sendoff. Oh, and they fix the map :dry: that got real annoying real quick

I mean FFS he supposedly lost his memory but loved her enough to still, kind of remember. Maybe if she didn't run away Geralt would have found her before falling for Triss. Now we're being shoehorned to love Yennefer over Triss? I don't know... Doesn't seem right to me.

This is true. How can everyone say Yennefer is Geralt's "true love"? In my opinion they both are & that's why we are given the choice. Geralt and Yennefer have a ton of history and the magic bond between them. Geralt and Triss have some history too (albeit not as torrid or long) and they went through a lot together. She was there for him when he needed her. She puts herself at risk to help him. The torture/imprisonment in W2 & W3. She says in the elven baths that "I'm prepared to travel to the end of the world with you to save Yennefer. I owe you that. I owe her that." She also says "I'm prepared to drop everything. The trappings of court life, the politics, the righteous side. I could even live at Kaer Morhen. It's up to you." She helps him to recover his memory even if it means she could lose him in the process. A selfless act, one born of true love, I think.

As was said earlier in this thread, Yennefer would watch the world burn to get her way. She's passionate and fierce and a really cool character in her own right, but that's not the kind of person Geralt should be with. Gandhi said to "be the change you wish to see in the world" and I think Geralt (my Geralt anyways) would want to be more like Triss. Selfless and compassionate. That is just my take on it.

So to wrap up the tale of this epic love story we get 23 minutes, an epilogue slide, and we are pushed into Yennefer anyways? What we have is good, and it is real. It's electric, and it is sweet all at the same time. The game just doesn't change, doesn't react, doesn't care that we picked Triss. The story should have been as meaningful and impactful as it could have been. They have the makings of one of the best fictional romances ever and they let it end on a low note. It's a disservice to the story they were setting up for two games, to the fans, and to Triss, herself.

PS: i created the Account here ONLY for this Topic. Feeling rlly dumped down on this case

Pretty much my experience. 205 posts total, 203 of them on this thread alone. Welcome to the club. :)

Ahem....Triss is awesome!

Ahem...Agreed! :wub:

Yeah, this whole Kaer Morhen part is probably the biggest disappointment. This thread already provides several good suggestions for the developers to fix this problem, though.

Kaer Morhen is when it really falls apart. The first problem is her utter disappearance. Not just she leaves Novigrad. She's actually gone - not even present in the game world. Don't even bother looking because you won't be able to find her. That is not the biggest problem, Kaer Morhen and on is. The point is, is that the story doesn't get the resolution or commitment it deserves.

When made aware that Ciri is in this world and in danger, and her immediate mission to get the get mages out of the city complete, shouldn’t Triss drop everything and join in the search for Ciri?

I actually like that she didn't drop everything as soon as Geralt shows up. It shows that she was fully committed to moving on, doing her own thing. She wasn't just waiting around for him to show up and save her. Of course when he does show up she enlists his help, I mean she would be a fool not to. He's an incredibly capable ally. And because Geralt is still in the city looking for Ciri when her missions are cued up, it makes chronological sense. He wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. It makes even more chronological sense if you hold off on doing her missions until you reach Skellige and make more progress in the game. She drops everything while you are there in order to help you, getting herself captured and tortured. Then when you are all set to leave for Skellige, if you choose to do one of missions then, it's more like you are dropping things in order to help her. She has a connection to the other mages, they are her friends and colleagues. It would have been pretty selfish of her to just drop everything, follow her man, and abandon her friends to be burned at the stake after she had already committed to leading them to safety.

One would think she would be just as invested as Yen in finding Ciri, both because she cares about her in the first place and to help Geralt as well. Even if Geralt rejects her romantically, she would still want to help in her own way.

Even if Geralt rejects her, she still does show up. She fights the Hunt with him even though he rejected her? And kicks ass while doing it? Pretty badass in my opinion.

at least let us deny being with Yen when we are going for Triss, At the very very least that.

Agreed. This is where a lot of the inconsistency we have been talking about comes from.

If i wanted her character to have more consistence with the story, i would want the same for vesemir, Eskel, Lambert, Ciri and many other characters that i did not know anything about ! I would really like to have a lot more interactions with many important character in the game, yet i won't get a lot more than what's already ingame, for now at least. Maybe DLC and other expansions will add content that will satisfy people wanting more love for Triss or Yennefer, or both ... or Dijkstra ... or not ...

But are they primary love interests? Because you can only end up with Triss or Yennefer, they should have more attention paid to them. Keira said "friends with benefits" and they never intimated that it would be anything more than that. With Triss you get the option to tell her you love her. Love her. And that is where a lot of our frustration comes from. She is treated like the lesser of the two. Our choices don't carry equal weight because a romance with Yennefer is built right into the game and so is rewarding in of itself. A romance with Triss is part of the side content, which is fine because she isn't as integral to the main story, but in the end the payoff isn't so rewarding. The dialogue doesn't indicate you made the right choice, in fact it does the opposite. Constant reminder that you made the wrong choice? Sorry. Not buying it. Not okay with it.

*** A serious note guys, this is not a thread to discuss book/game inconsistencies and it is most definitely not a thread to discuss who is better Yen or Triss. Feel free to voice your personal preference because that's all it boils down to. Nobody is inherently the better choice. Let's keep it on topic and civil. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all ***

After completing the game in my bid to understand the incon-Triss-tencies, I stumbled across this in a walkthrough.

"Meet the team on Undvik and deal with Ciri and Avallac’h’s squabbles. Your primary love interest – if you have one – will meet to talk about your future."
http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/18/the-witcher-3-on-thin-ice/

Needless to say I reloaded and ran around the whole Nilfgaardian camp to find Triss after the infamous "Good luck" I got, for the final farewell in case Geralt - oh I don't know.. Dies?

I assume this guide means Yen has a chat with you before you go? Because that would be a pretty good time for a meaningful conversation considering the risks you'll face against Eredin.
:sad:

Yes after the Avallach's summit you automatically enter a Yennefer scene if she is your love interest.

I also looked for Triss at the camp but i think all the sorceresses are at some kind of a cliff preparing for the battle.

You don't have a scene with Triss because you and her already discussed your future earlier at the fountain.

It took me almost an hour to type that and read all of the new stuff since last night. This thread is just too popular. :p In a good way

---------- Updated at 09:05 PM ----------

You don't have a scene with Triss because you and her already discussed your future earlier at the fountain.

No excuse. The future is not chiseled in stone. There are plenty of details they never talked about that you could talk about right now. Or go back a ways and read my possible dialogue for this scene. A nice, satisfying change with only about a dozen lines or so. Easily implementable.

Originally Posted by keryyn
If i wanted her character to have more consistence with the story, i would want the same for vesemir, Eskel, Lambert, Ciri and many other characters that i did not know anything about ! I would really like to have a lot more interactions with many important character in the game, yet i won't get a lot more than what's already ingame, for now at least. Maybe DLC and other expansions will add content that will satisfy people wanting more love for Triss or Yennefer, or both ... or Dijkstra ... or not ...

But are they primary love interests? Because you can only end up with Triss or Yennefer, they should have more attention paid to them. Keira said "friends with benefits" and they never intimated that it would be anything more than that. With Triss you get the option to tell her you love her. Love her. And that is where a lot of our frustration comes from. She is treated like the lesser of the two. Our choices don't carry equal weight because a romance with Yennefer is built right into the game and so is rewarding in of itself. A romance with Triss is part of the side content, which is fine because she isn't as integral to the main story, but in the end the payoff isn't so rewarding. The dialogue doesn't indicate you made the right choice, in fact it does the opposite. Constant reminder that you made the wrong choice? Sorry. Not buying it. Not okay with it.

*** A serious note guys, this is not a thread to discuss book/game inconsistencies and it is most definitely not a thread to discuss who is better Yen or Triss. Feel free to voice your personal preference because that's all it boils down to. Nobody is inherently the better choice. Let's keep it on topic and civil. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all ***

First of all the game is completely different from the books.In the game you are Geralt,you make all the decisions,
you decide who is trustworthy and who is not, you decide who is your friend and who is your love.
Maybe Triss changed, maybe she is a better person compared to the books , maybe Geralt does not love Yen anymore.
Everything is possible.These are all decisions by the player.There is no right or wrong choice.

Second - This is a game about story mainly.About Geralt's story.
Triss,Yen and Ciri are the most important characters because they are connected directly to Geralt's ending.
They are the most important because everything he does in the games is for them.
Cutting the interactions with any of them (in the middle of the game and without a reason) does not make sence.
So this is the reason why by limiting Triss's appearence the story of our Geralt is no longer fullfilling.

Yes after the Avallach's summit you automatically enter a Yennefer scene if she is your love interest.

I also looked for Triss at the camp but i think all the sorceresses are at some kind of a cliff preparing for the battle.

That's so unfortunate. As much as I like the fountain scene, a short dialogue after the meeting would've been awesome. You know, something that goes beyond "Good luck.". I mean, it's the last time you see her in this game (provided you don't get the Empress ending which doesn't contain any dialogue either).

Oh, while I'm, I'm falling on this gif representing my reaction when I found out:

- The rose of remembrance is dead.
- Geralt and Triss are no longer together for 1 year.
- Triss goes right after reconciliation, to Kaer Morhen.
- Triss is not Kaer Morhen when we go back.
- When Yennefer kiss Geralt in front of Triss.

Am I the only one who had that reaction? ^^

Last edited:
No excuse. The future is not chiseled in stone. There are plenty of details they never talked about that you could take about right now. Or go back a ways and read my possible dialogue for this scene. A nice, satisfying change with only about a dozen lines or so. Easily implementable.

This is btw the next big mess up. You have no chance to DISCUSS the future with Triss. She just told you, that she would go to Kovir. That wasnt a question. It was already set in stone. You have no choice there. If you dont go with her, well she would go alone. 3 Games long lurking on Geralt, 3 Games long strong feeling for him. Then Geralt finally made his choice in her favour. But Triss would dump him down for the new Job? Yeah ofc, makes completely sense. Remember, true love and stuff....

No excuse. The future is not chiseled in stone. There are plenty of details they never talked about that you could talk about right now. Or go back a ways and read my possible dialogue for this scene. A nice, satisfying change with only about a dozen lines or so. Easily implementable.

The bad this is the placement of the Triss's interactions throught the whole game . Yen has a final scene with Geralt before the final battle and even after that when they are
trying stop avallac'h . The last important scene with Triss is way back during Phillipa's quest :/

Last edited:
Yea but for example In Mass Effect 3 you can say "goodbye" to most of main characters. And here what ?
Also in Kaer Morhen I was very pissed when i couldn't say to other Witchers and Yen , that I'm with Triss when they was asking about her....

When made aware that Ciri is in this world and in danger, and her immediate mission to get the get mages out of the city complete, shouldn’t Triss drop everything and join in the search for Ciri?
I actually like that she didn't drop everything as soon as Geralt shows up. It shows that she was fully committed to moving on, doing her own thing. She wasn't just waiting around for him to show up and save her. Of course when he does show up she enlists his help, I mean she would be a fool not to. He's an incredibly capable ally. And because Geralt is still in the city looking for Ciri when her missions are cued up, it makes chronological sense. He wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. It makes even more chronological sense if you hold off on doing her missions until you reach Skellige and make more progress in the game. She drops everything while you are there in order to help you, getting herself captured and tortured. Then when you are all set to leave for Skellige, if you choose to do one of missions then, it's more like you are dropping things in order to help her. She has a connection to the other mages, they are her friends and colleagues. It would have been pretty selfish of her to just drop everything, follow her man, and abandon her friends to be burned at the stake after she had already committed to leading them to safety.

I said drop everything AFTER the mages are safely on the boat.

Yea but for example In Mass Effect 3 you can say "goodbye" to most of main characters. And here what ?
Also in Kaer Morhen I was very pissed when i couldn't say to other Witchers and Yen , that I'm with Triss when they was asking about her....

This is the best place to implement Triss , Letho and Keira. Before they remove the curse . We will have time to talk with Letho about how he saved Yennefer , we may
further develop our relationship with Triss. :)

This is the best place to implement Triss , Letho and Keira. Before they remove the curse . We will have time to talk with Letho about how he saved Yennefer , we may
further develop our relationship with Triss. :)
<3 Talk together at the same table in Kaer Morhen with all living friendly main characters and then we should talk to them about our decisions... EPIC

Holy shit, can't believe I read the whole thing. . . . I have no life -.-
But I suppose that just shows that I am truly disappointed by the lack and inconsistency of her character in this game. Made an account just for this. It took three games for me to join the forums.

Edit: Spelling

I said drop everything AFTER the mages are safely on the boat.

Woah. Sorry, I guess I misread it. I still stand by what I said though - it's a nice character change. That she doesn't just forgo everything else in favor of Geralt. While he was gone, she had every intention of moving on. Only after he opened himself up did she see an opportunity for a real future with him. That was really nice, very well written, it just sucks that there isn't any meaningful follow up to this part.

---------- Updated at 09:34 PM ----------

But I suppose that just shows that I am truly disappointing by the lack and inconsistency of her character in this game. Made an account just for this. I took three games for me to join the forums.

I've read them all too, you're not alone. Although I read them back before when it was only 45 pages and I've been reading them as I went since then. But yeah, welcome to the club. Thanks for the support. :) We are all disappointed - we are simply hoping for some resolution. Trying to keep the conversation up until we hear something from CDPR. They have for sure noticed us. :p

<3 Talk together at the same table in Kaer Morhen with all living friendly main characters and then we should talk to them about our decisions... EPIC

Yes and there can be interactions between Triss and Yen also. And after the dinner Geralt and Triss can go to their old room which no longer has a bed :D
It would be perfect.

---------- Updated at 09:36 PM ----------

But I suppose that just shows that I am truly disappointed by the lack and inconsistency of her character in this game. Made an account just for this. It took three games for me to join the forums.

Edit: Spelling

welcome to the club :)

Triss sees her fellow mages safely to Kovir then immediately heads to Kaer Morhen to help Geralt, Yennefer, and so on look for Ciri.

So she's actually pretty good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom