Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yen may not be always good with Geralt but she really loves him . And this is the bed where Him and Triss made love.
Too bad our Geralt already loves Triss. :D

"made love" Nice spelling here :D Just playing some Witcher and when I come back to take a look into that thread..well +10 pages already.

Yen actually shows some real feelings when its already to late in my opinion. Thats why I wanted to talk with her about the whole Triss thing earlier in the game. But you actually cant even do that later. There is just her enrage mode at Kaer Morhen :X

Woah. Sorry, I guess I misread it. I still stand by what I said though - it's a nice character change. That she doesn't just forgo everything else in favor of Geralt. While he was gone, she had every intention of moving on. Only after he opened himself up did she see an opportunity for a real future with him. That was really nice, very well written, it just sucks that there isn't any meaningful follow up to this part.

No worries. And yes, I agree it's great that she wasn't just crying in a corner when Geralt found her and had made a life of sorts on her own. However, upon learning that Ciri was in danger there was no sense in her doing other stuff, when her quest was completed, regardless of a romance option.

I really hope they do hear us. I do feel kind of bad for criticizing it though, but as many have pointed out my problem is not with the content written for Triss, which I will even argue is better and more emotional than the Yennifer alternative. I mean when Geralt said he loved her at the port it really felt like it was the culmination of something deep, and the tension, and perhaps even fear he felt when he said it really left me with a strange feeling. I am really impressed by Geralt's voice actor in this game, he has really evolved since the first one. But my problem is with Yen being forced on us even after we turn her down, and I really disliked that since I found her to be kind of repulsive. This is not an attack on those who like her, and for gods sake they did a great job with her face I mean holy crap the girl is drop dead gorgeous. But her total disregard for other people's well being (excluding Ciri, and to some extent Geralt) really made her unappealing to me. And I know many will argue that she better when you read the books and you understand her better, but I didn't and I find it strange that CDPR didn't really take into account that most of the people playing the game haven't, and many haven't even played the previous game(s). As to why then they expected everyone to embrace that character is rather puzzling to me.

That being said, the use of the "last wish" djinn quest to use a lore way of explaining why Geralt didn't want to be with her anymore was a nice touch by CDPR that really impressed me and made the whole thing better really. And my previous problem with Geralt automatically falling head over heels for her without player input could now be explained away and all my critique vanished. Only thing I would change would be to have put that before any romance with Triss, purely for a narrative reason as the the whole breakup after the second game, getting on with Yen then breaking up with her, and getting with Triss again would make more sense, even if it even now still remains a convoluted mess.

Read through the DLC description again and now I wonder...

How would you interpret: "The upcoming expansions (Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine) will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality."
Are "dearly missed" characters more like Iorveth & Co or....maybe some sweet red haired sorceress?8)

"made love" Nice spelling here :D Just playing some Witcher and when I come back to take a look into that thread..well +10 pages already.

Yen actually shows some real feelings when its already to late in my opinion. Thats why I wanted to talk with her about the whole Triss thing earlier in the game. But you actually cant even do that later. There is just her enrage mode at Kaer Morhen :X

Thanks, Yen is not a bad character and she really loves Geralt . It is obvious throughout the game but .... i just like Triss better can't help it

It would be nice to have some conversations with Triss about Yen and the other way around . Maybe we will :)

---------- Updated at 09:55 PM ----------

How would you interpret: "The upcoming expansions (Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine) will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality."
Are "dearly missed" characters more like Iorveth & Co or....maybe some sweet red haired sorceress?8)

"dearly missed" . I said it before i think it will be characters like Shani,Iorveth etc.. Hope i am wrong . Red is in fashion :)

For me this gives us spark of hope for Triss :D ..... i don't think CDPR will add anything "strong" with this 16 free DLC's (but i read somewhere there will be alternative look for Triss):victory:

Probably the former. Since the first expansion (Hearts of Stone) is going to take place in Velen and Oxenfurt, I wouldn't be surprised if we'll meet Shani again.

Are "dearly missed" characters more like Iorveth & Co or....maybe some sweet red haired sorceress?

I bet on Iorveth,sadly. If we see Triss in this DLC its not cause they planned it, i would say^^

Didn't mind personally not having an option of where to go after the game (Kovir).

It's not like you're going to play the game there (as it's a post-ending story detail).

It's open ended as to what you end up doing (as financial means are no longer a concern), so the ending isn't something where Geralt is forced into an ending lifestyle you don't like.

Wouldn't mind more dialog, some banter, even if it ends up with Triss telling you "Run from me now, witcher, and I'll bring you through a portal myself".

Even a non-interactive cutscene in their house in Kovir before the end credits would be interesting, something to preface the final narrated end-picture...

[Geralt sitting shirtless on their bed, Triss beside him stitching his arm. Few candles lit, evening sun casting light shafts across corner of room]
Triss: Kayran, huh?
Geralt: ...Yes....small one, of course.
Triss: Because baby kayran are *just* adorable...could have brought it home, we don't have a pet-
Geralt: There is no such thing as-OW!
[pulling stitch tight, Triss leans in to kiss him on the neck]
Triss: [whispering in his ear] Shush...it had it's turn before, now I get mine [giggles, nuzzling his neck, their eyes lock]
[Loud, incessant banging at door downstairs]
Dandelion: Ms. Merigooollld! I know you're in there kidnapping my friend!
Geralt: ...[exasperated]...Dandelion!...
Triss: And we'd have it no other way.
[She kisses him deeply, getting up pulling him along, scene fades]

Or whatever a writer could make that wraps up their story, is intimate, passionate, yet containing that sense of humor that always follows their scenes.

Even a non-interactive cutscene in their house in Kovir before the end credits would be interesting, something to preface the final narrated end-picture...

[Geralt sitting shirtless on their bed, Triss beside him stitching his arm. Few candles lit, evening sun casting light shafts across corner of room]
Triss: Because baby kayran are *just* adorable...could have brought it home, we don't have a pet-
Triss: [whispering in his ear] Shush...it had it's turn before, now I get mine [giggles, nuzzling his neck, their eyes lock]

Or whatever a writer could make that wraps up their story, is intimate, passionate, yet containing that sense of humor that always follows their scenes.
For now you're my master :D:hatsoff:

Didn't mind personally not having an option of where to go after the game (Kovir).

It's not like you're going to play the game there (as it's a post-ending story detail).

It's open ended as to what you end up doing (as financial means are no longer a concern), so the ending isn't something where Geralt is forced into an ending lifestyle you don't like.

Wouldn't mind more dialog, some banter, even if it ends up with Triss telling you "Run from me now, witcher, and I'll bring you through a portal myself".

House in Kovir is the best option for me but also the most unlikely :( I really want to end Geralt's story appropriately . Only then i can play a witcher game with another main character.

:hatsoff:

I have to say i don't have any issue with the ending slide we got(a picture telling a thousand words). I very much prefer Geralt who still occasionally does interesting witcher contracts but has the blissful domestic life with Triss over what the Yen romance gets. Kovir seems as good a place as any to settle, though in my head i still see them spending some of winter in Kaer Morhen each year.

The interactive scene you paint sounds very nice but i'd have been happy with the interactive epilogues all taking place in Kaer Morhen as people prepare to go their separate ways to their new lives.

I have to say i don't have any issue with the ending slide we got(a picture telling a thousand words). I very much prefer Geralt who still occasionally does interesting witcher contracts but has the blissful domestic life with Triss over what the Yen romance gets. Kovir seems as good a place as any to settle, though in my head i still see them spending some of winter in Kaer Morhen each year.

The interactive scene you paint sounds very nice but i'd have been happy with the interactive epilogues all taking place in Kaer Morhen as people prepare to go their separate ways to their new lives.

I agree, it's just food for thought. Interactive would be preferred, but I'd like to explore all of the plausible ways to enhance the story.

This should be better than this "pictures" after 3 interactive endings

Now that would be perfect but in that case they would have to make one for Yen too or we are gonna see another thread getting this kind of attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom